#3814658 - 07/26/13 04:12 PM BoS Preorder program  
JG301_HaJa Offline
JG301_HaJa  Offline

Rödeby/Sweden
http://il2sturmovik.com/

Preorders are open smile Sorry if this is posted elsewhere wink

"Live to fight another day"

MA790FXT-UD5P, Chieftec 850W CFT-850G-DF Super Series
AMD Ph II X4 955 BE, 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x2 paired)
2x XFX HD6870 1 GB, RAID0 array 300 GB primary
and 500 GB Sata secondary, DVD Burner Sata, SyncMaster P2350
#3816007 - 07/30/13 03:55 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Thx HaJa
Yes, the news was indeed posted somewhere else under the IL2:BoS section.
Last time I checked the thread, quite a few SimHQers had confirmed pre-order, and then it started going down the drain with names calling.
Can't find the thread anymore.

Either sugar-intake problems rolleyes for some of our members, or my pc is misbehaving.

confirmed, sugar-intake too high.

Cheers,
Slug

Last edited by Sluggish Controls; 07/30/13 04:20 AM. Reason: original thread back on

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#3816268 - 07/30/13 06:19 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Deguello Offline
Deguello  Offline

Last time I checked there wasn't a storming on the preorders.

People are hesitant after the CloD fiasco and they have good right to be.

#3816296 - 07/30/13 07:44 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: Deguello]  
ZG26_Emil Offline
ZG26_Emil  Offline

Cheshire....Ok stockport
Originally Posted By: Deguello

[admin edit: no personal attacks]

Formerly JG5_Emil
#3816303 - 07/30/13 08:10 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: ZG26_Emil]  
Deguello Offline
Deguello  Offline

Originally Posted By: JG5_Emil

Nice bait but this fish ain't biting.

Last time I checked this full thread there were about 10 preorder posters.

#3816364 - 07/30/13 11:03 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
I doubt the vast majority of preorder buyers felt the need to let people know they've preordered. I have a feeling the developers are quite happy with the early response.

Last edited by Chivas; 07/31/13 01:47 AM.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3816386 - 07/31/13 12:01 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
Deguello, what makes you think that people that preorder are going to announce it to you? The numbers on this site don't reflect the numbers on the BoS site or the RoF fliers at 777s site as well. YOu honestly have no idea how many people have signed up.

And get off the CloD thing ok? The team running this isn't the same team that made CloD. There may some people from the old system involved but the leadership it totally different. Maybe people should look at it as the RoF team is making a WW2 sim and are bringing some folks from 1C, that is more what it is like.

And the original thread was pulled because there were people here that decided that the preorder plan was some plot by Jason to rob us of our precious bodily fluids.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
#3816455 - 07/31/13 04:00 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Deguello, few of your posts since joining have been seemingly particularly beneficial aside from starting arguments over petty things. As a friendly recommendation I'd suggest going to the Community Hall, conversing in a positive light with the other members of the community, and not getting so bent out of shape about a game. We get it, we really do, you're not excited and you have a bunch of worries about the sim. That's fine, but there's no need to poop on the excitement of everyone else. I don't want to see this section turn into the next CloD complaint and whiner section of the website; the majority of us remember how that went down the first time.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#3816479 - 07/31/13 05:48 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Premium pre-ordered wink

If you're close, get closer.
#3816485 - 07/31/13 07:13 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Chain Offline
Chain  Offline

Same here. Premium pre-ordered thumbsup

#3816495 - 07/31/13 08:52 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Deguello Offline
Deguello  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sluggish Controls

Last time I checked the thread, quite a few SimHQers had confirmed pre-order

Last time I checked this full thread there were about 10 preorder posters.

Concerning the amount of preorder posters.

That's the way the dice role I guess, if there were lots of preorder posters the people that don't want to hear criticism about CloD and BoS would say look at the amount of preorders it's going to sell great and at the same time if there are few preorder posters the same people would say it's going to sell great anyway because people don't post their preorders.

But that doesn't hide the fact that there is a hype around BoS similar to that of CloD prior to release, the difference is in the fact that we know for sure that CloD was a fiasco and to date that BoS is unproven.

Concerning the amount of units/preorders sold or not; who in these forums is qualified to say they sold x amount of units or they sold a lot or few units? Most games companies (except the larger ones) are holding on to the amount of sales they have done. And also if a company says whe sold xxxxxxx amount of units there's no way to have and independant confirmation of the figures given.

Last edited by Deguello; 07/31/13 08:56 AM.
#3816501 - 07/31/13 09:32 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
rolleyes Seriously, we get it already. Nobody is forcing anyone to pre-order the game.

#3816509 - 07/31/13 10:38 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Smithcorp Offline
Smithcorp  Offline

Oz
I preordered and wasn't forced!

#3816511 - 07/31/13 10:50 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Deguello Offline
Deguello  Offline

Good for you.

Preorders are like lottery tickets, you never know what, when and if you gonna win.

#3816517 - 07/31/13 11:30 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: Deguello]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Last edited by Rinzai; 07/31/13 11:34 AM.

If you're close, get closer.
#3816527 - 07/31/13 12:38 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Deguello Offline
Deguello  Offline

I'm not convinced, putting aside the hot chicks and the lab/staged parameters, much of what was written and shown of was to a similar degree also written and shown of in previews of CloD.

Under lab/staged parameters I mean that it's their hardware, software, people/devs and parts of the game they show under a probably by the letter stipulated itinerary.

I think the best thing for BoS and the people that don't wan't to bump their head again(and their money) is that the BoS team release a SP/MP demo prior to release of BOS so people can make their own minds up on their own rigs. Seeing/playing yourself SP and MP fights with large number of planes on your own rig would be the best way to be sure or not to put down someones money.

And that they be clear with things like official system requirements because *if it runs on ROF it probably will run on BoS* doesn't cut it.

For now the tiny bits here and there and the staged show aside, this game is pre alpha and to date is unproven so nobody can know for sure if the final product will be good, mediocre or bad.

#3816538 - 07/31/13 01:13 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Requiem Offline
Requiem  Offline

Deguello,

At least BoS will have a beta where people will see/play it on their own PCs before the official release. Out of this there will be plenty of people with varying PC specs providing information about their experiences, so all those who choose to hold off on pre-ordering have to do is wait longer for this information to help make up their minds either way.

#3816543 - 07/31/13 01:32 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: Deguello]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Wklink
Deguello, what makes you think that people that preorder are going to announce it to you? The numbers on this site don't reflect the numbers on the BoS site or the RoF fliers at 777s site as well. YOu honestly have no idea how many people have signed up.

And get off the CloD thing ok? The team running this isn't the same team that made CloD. There may some people from the old system involved but the leadership it totally different. Maybe people should look at it as the RoF team is making a WW2 sim and are bringing some folks from 1C, that is more what it is like.

And the original thread was pulled because there were people here that decided that the preorder plan was some plot by Jason to rob us of our precious bodily fluids.

But that doesn't hide the fact that there is a hype around BoS similar to that of CloD prior to release, the difference is in the fact that we know for sure that CloD was a fiasco and to date that BoS is unproven.

That is not true. We have gotten more informaton about BoS from the devs in 7 months than we got in 5 years with CoD. That is a fact. I am talking more concrete information that has been steadily getting more and more detailed each week culminating in this press event last week. If my memory serves me well the press event for CoD which as I said was years .. not months in the making was no where near as informative nor was it as positive as this.

I'm not convinced, putting aside the hot chicks and the lab/staged parameters, much of what was written and shown of was to a similar degree also written and shown of in previews of CloD.

Under lab/staged parameters I mean that it's their hardware, software, people/devs and parts of the game they show under a probably by the letter stipulated itinerary.

I think the best thing for BoS and the people that don't wan't to bump their head again(and their money) is that the BoS team release a SP/MP demo prior to release of BOS so people can make their own minds up on their own rigs. Seeing/playing yourself SP and MP fights with large number of planes on your own rig would be the best way to be sure or not to put down someones money.

And that they be clear with things like official system requirements because *if it runs on ROF it probably will run on BoS* doesn't cut it.

For now the tiny bits here and there and the staged show aside, this game is pre alpha and to date is unproven so nobody can know for sure if the final product will be good, mediocre or bad.

Nope... it was not like that.. not with CoD.. and again CoD took so long and there were such long spells of no information at all that several folks thought it was vaporware.. While I agree with you that a demo would be a good thing and perhaps when it is time one will e released.. and I also agree that in all objectivity you are right.. we don't know if the final product will be good mediocre or bad.. but based on the fact that BoS will be using a modified RoF engine.. similar to the difference between IL2 and FB unlike CoD which used a totally new and unproven engine .. and a very complex one at that.. I think it is reasonable for the developers, who know the tools they are using, to say if you can run RoF you should be able to run BoS. That may not cut it for you or others, and in all fairness it may not be wholly accurate.. BoS will most likely be more taxing just as FB was more taxing than IL2 .. but I had no problems running it on the same rig I used for IL2.. and I expect similar circumstances in this case. I am glad that in a month or so I will have something to work with and I think it was worth the price. We will surely see.. very soon.

While I understand the skepticism of so many what I fail to fully grasp is why there is such a level of hostility over things like this...

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#3816545 - 07/31/13 01:38 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Hey that wasn't a personal attack!! nope

It was a friggin joke.. a reference to Dune based on the bolded statement in the post above it.. and I wasn't even refering to Deguello.. I was referring to the "plot" by Jason to rob folks of their bodily fluids reference..

Just to clarify.. I certainly can dig where you were coming from .. but in this case you were mistaken.. sighsalute

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#3816550 - 07/31/13 01:48 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
TheBlackPenguin Offline
TheBlackPenguin  Offline

Deguello,

"But that doesn't hide the fact that there is a hype around BoS similar to that of CloD prior to release, the difference is in the fact that we know for sure that CloD was a fiasco and to date that BoS is unproven."

Where were you prior to the release of Clod? Proven or unproven is not really relevant, up to that point 1C had a proven record with the iL series, and then we had plenty of warning signs things weren't quite right with Clod before release, for instance remember seeing videos close to release only showing a few aircraft over water? This was even raised as a red flag back then, if you were following the release and then there were more, but its not relevant to BOS. The publisher of any title is arguably the most important factor to consider, they have a huge amount of say in a project, which is another reason I trust this partnership between 777/1C more than most.

So far BOS has released far more within a shorter amount of time than Clod ever did up until release, staged or not it has been showing the engine and some of models off and I doubt it will get worse from here on out. If you want more, fine, just wait for those who feel more confident for their impressions this autumn, which isn't too far away smile.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.