Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
#3812101 - 07/20/13 10:20 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Rise of flight Thread opened by my first happy customer hq_peter_Zvan

For you ROF owners there's a nice video too.

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=38253

Note :
As more and more pople try the pedals they show different preferences about cam profile.
As a result I will make one nore cam profile for first 10x customers.

New Cam profile will have less progressively increasing force toward end of deflection, notably to get a bit less strenght toward full deflection. Also, a bit stronger center than my CAM4. It will be called CAM6...so I will ship CAM4, 5 and 6 for first 10 customers.

Reasons behind this are pilots who are already too familiar with simpeds and other pedals linear feel and find the force toward the end too strong to be 100% accurate in ROF.
More centering feel is a small tradeoff...so you can fly in highest speed strait line without the need to concentrate about it, but still to retain accuracy of no center cam. I will have some hard time these days to achieve such feel around the center with a little more, but not too much center :-)

First ten customers are supposed to make their note about which cam they like and why. After that I will continue to ship 2x cams choosed by the customers.

Other cam profiles will be aviable on request for a small additional fee.

Milan

Last edited by milan_croatia; 07/20/13 10:41 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3812425 - 07/21/13 12:46 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Final contact, pricing and shipping data

MFG - Milan Flight gear

website soon : mfg.simundza.com
youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyk9CeHW6LyAysaXSbrfCNg
contact mail : mfg(at)simundza.com

Split, Croatia

PRICE :

Paypal : 259 eur + shipping from the table below
Other payment options : bank transfer, western union...with discount 3,4% on price and shipping ( that's how much paypal cost)
Shipping table :

Outside EU, depending on your country, you might have to pay additional customs and tax, which are not included in price.

One more nice picture for you

#3813253 - 07/23/13 09:34 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
One more technical post, while I still have time.

Last bit of this puzzle is electronics upgrade for my pedals. I decided to publish controller details here to promote excellent service of our ukrainian producer becouse of his excellent product and service.
If you have your DIY projects, specialy if you want to use sensors instead of pots I highly recomend.
His contact : gvl224@ukr.net

BRD electronics that was used in prototype :

MFG electronics, I just recived pictures, and currently waiting for those to arrive by post :-)

In general, both electronics feature the same hardware and firmware specifications. There is KMZ41 magnetoresistor on board for rudder axis, separate 12bit ADC for a clean signal, autocalibration jumper, trimmer pot for adjusting magnetoresistor axis middle voltage, and 2x axis for brakes.

So what did we modify for my pedals :
1. Screw holes - stronger holdown of controller becouse on old one USB plug was far away from screws.
2. USB plug from Usb B ( printer) to usb A - lower profile...use of USb extension cables
3. everything on controller made to "low profile"
4. Brakes axis position
5. Brake axis connector
6. Firmware - windows read 4096 positions, old one read 65 000 positions and I wanted to present a true positions
7. Dimensional change
8. Windows Name change, now it is "MFG Simundza - rudder"

So why these mods :
Low profile was necessary to integrate sensor in a proper distance from magnet. This gives me more resolution than prototype board.
I put brakes axis on the back becouse cables go out there now. I also wanted easy brakes cable exchange or unplug in the future...no need to disassemble complete pedals to unplug cable. For this reason there is a different connector, more common in sensors and end user cannot plug it wrong way...This is all made to be future proof...maybe you will need to replace worn out cables in 7-10 years, or some servicing need in the future...who know...this makes it easier.

For a firmware I think it is better to see true raw values than full windows resolution..becouse it's real values, and also becouse smaller numbers make it easier to adjust brakes deadzone which is necessary becouse of the way my mechanical buletproof sensor reading design works. Shortly...every time you adjust pedal angle you need to readjust brakes calibration - becouse sensor didn't move...only pedals did.

USB A was choosen becouse of low profile and easy to find spare cable if you somehow destroy original. Proto board used USB B printer connector...and spare cable for that one usualy have ferrite shield - becouse it's made for printer. It's not good for game controller purpose.

Last edited by milan_croatia; 07/23/13 11:33 AM.
#3813269 - 07/23/13 11:07 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
T}{OR Offline
[DBS]
T}{OR  Offline
[DBS]

Croatia, Zagreb
This above post will go nicely along with my review which will I am estimating will be some 15-20mn in length when finally wrapped up together. I've finished with my testing and video recording, together with audio samples that will play on top of the videos for clarity purposes. Unfortunately I will not have the time to edit and cut them properly into one file before Saturday. If all goes as planned, the review should be up this Sunday. No latter than start of the next week, in any case.

The pedals are ready to be handed over to a new test pilot. smile

#3813333 - 07/23/13 02:34 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Rivet Offline
Rivet  Offline

Milan, it's all been said before but I don't think any of us get tired of praise. I just want to congratulate you on your outstanding achievement. I have followed your thread here with great interest in the hope that you would be able to produce a top quality good looking final product - and here it is. I'm sure you are very proud of the final result and quite rightly so.

I have been looking for many years for some pedals of this quality, but everything fell short in one or more ways. There were some sets available but the price was way too steep for me. With your pedals, you should gain many happy customers and I intend to be included amongst those as soon as my next pay cheque arrives. I will PM you when I am ready to purchase, very shortly.

Once again I wish you well in your endeavour.

Last edited by Rivet; 07/23/13 02:35 PM.
#3813366 - 07/23/13 03:37 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thanks Rivet

My only sucess is among other skills I'm just a Pilot like you, and I knew what you need. I tried to get it to reasonable price and I've made it.

Your written intentions to buy mean a lot. I added you to my little list so I can plan my production better.
I don't know yet how much will sell, and I want to have pedals in stock for you, so you don't have to wait. I can't hold many in stock becouse of financial reasons, at the moment...that's why your info is much appreciated.

So, If there are others with intention to buy in the future don't hesitate to show your interest, best to send a mail, as my new official mail is already working

mfg@simundza.com

#3813367 - 07/23/13 03:39 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Brandano Offline
Brandano  Offline

Caput Mundi (well, it used to ...
Sorry, but is that an USB-A socket? That would mean having to use an USB-A plug to USB-A plug cable, which is non-standard and not as easy to find as a printer cable, or an USB-A plug to mini-USB plug, which is what you'll find on most low power peripherals.

#3813384 - 07/23/13 04:13 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Yes, it's USB-A female socket.

I'll ship USB A male to A male 2m (6,5ft) cable.

You are somewhat right, Printer cable, usb extension cable and USB mini cable are most common cables on the market. But while making decision I was considering this :

USB-B cable is made mostly for printers. Something like 90% of cables of this type have ferrite shield on the cable, notably, near the USB B male plug. This is bad. Cable has bad flexibility near ferrite shield...and considering the position of the plug on the pedals this is extremely bad. This plug was also problematic for me becouse of it's size...becouse I need a low profile electronic to make it fit to proper distance from the magnet.

I was left with USB-A ...mini connector I think it's too weak for this kind of product, doesn't have enough welding surface either.

USB-A standard Male was a good choice...becouse we could use USB extension cable which is good and common. But that plug tend to be bulky like a B plug, or some poor quality.

I ended with USB-A standard Female. Then I was in search for a cable. I didn't think it's common either...hell...I don't know what's it used for anyway. All I know that I drowe around computer and technical stores around my town and found it...in each shop I visited, with no ferrite shield. Then I opened e-bay and found the same...it's common enough :-)

So it is a bit tradeoff. It's not the most common cable there, but not too hard to find...and fits all other needs.

#3813442 - 07/23/13 05:49 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Rivet Offline
Rivet  Offline

Originally Posted By: milan_croatia

Thanks Rivet
Your written intentions to buy mean a lot. I added you to my little list so I can plan my production better.

Thanks Milan. I will contact you via your official email (mfg@simundza.com) instead of PM as I stated before, when I am ready to purchase. That should be Thursday or Friday next week all being well.

The excitement is building already whoohoo

#3813496 - 07/23/13 07:02 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
The_Winger Offline
The_Winger  Offline

Hey milan. Isent you an email today. I htink i would love to preroder some of those lovely pedals too. Please contact me asap with paymentinformation and shippingdate estimate.

The_Winger

#3813886 - 07/24/13 06:10 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Baur Offline
Baur  Offline

Russia, Sochi
Hi milan_croatia! I am very glad of Your cooperation with GVL224. I wish good sale pedals.

#3814531 - 07/26/13 12:24 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thanks Baur. I wish you good sales too, and many happy customers. Russian community should be gratefull to you for design and quality at good price.

News :
Website is up : mfg.simundza.com
gallery is still not working , but it will be up in 3-4 days so check it out.

Small price increase due to paypal charges. This only show that I am a rookie in international sales :-)

IMPORTANT !!! - I will sell 4x more pedals based on latest price and shipping published here at SimHQ. That offer is valid untill 15.08.2013. This is my way to compensate if someone feel misguided by me in any way.

When fees are excluded my end price is the same...you will see in my shopping cart that now I offer 4,5 % discount on bank transfer and western union payment...customer pay transaction fees.

I publish here why I did price increase...this is what paypal charge me + 0,35 eur per transaction.

#3815109 - 07/27/13 05:30 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thor just released his review video :-)
I won't comment it...I'll let you do it

he opened new thread here too
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3815062/Review_Simped_F16_USB_vs_MFG_C#Post3815062

youtube direct link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDfaV1zgBqU

#3815407 - 07/28/13 05:25 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
ImPeRaToR Offline
ImPeRaToR  Offline

Great product Milan, will you be able to meet new orders in a timely fashion?

#3815446 - 07/28/13 07:13 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: ImPeRaToR]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Depending on the number of orders. I intend to have product in stock, but I can have only limited quantity due to financial reasons, at the moment. So If I get too much orders at the short time then I might end up "out of stock" for short periods.

My prediction is that "out of stock" periods 1-2 weeks long will happen a few times untill I "get a grip" on quantity community need.

UPDATE :
3x pedals still available for preorder.

After those 3x sold I will close preorder process for a short period.

Plan is :
1. To get preordered pedals shipped
2. Get response from buyers ( which cam they like, is packing sufficient, possible hidden obstacles in import procedure for outside EU...etc)
3. Recive money from paypal...check for any hidden costs there
4. Open website for sales again...from stock

I give you following dates for this "startup checklist"

preordered pedals will be shipped 10-15.08.2013.
In stock and free to buy from 05-15.09.2013 (estimated)

#3815653 - 07/29/13 11:45 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
1x pedals still available for preorder.

#3815879 - 07/29/13 08:25 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
BigC208 Offline
BigC208  Offline

Charlotte NC USA
Put in my order a few minutes ago. Looking forward to them in October.

5930k@4.5ghz, 32gb ram, gtx1080ti, Samsung 55 inch 4k, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind, VKB Black Mamba, VKB Gunfighter MCE Ultimate, Reverb G2.
#3815910 - 07/29/13 09:20 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thanks BigC208 :-)

Announcment !!!!

Preordering process is concluded. I follow the plan now, get those shipped ASAP and reopen webshop cca 05-15.09.

I can announce that pedals will have serial numbering - engraved !!!

I didn't announce it before as I wanted to make first supporters proud. I understand their orders was a bit risky since it is not something they buy off the shelf, and all future buyers will have their experiences with me and it will be easier to thrust me :-)

So once again

Thanks to all buyers for thrusting me.
Thanks to all forum members for helping me, I will put those names on my website !
Thanks to members of Croatian Virtual Regiment Phoenix VARP, and all their friend for testing
SPECIAL THANKS TO DBSThor !!! For making such quality review, as far as I know noone did a truly Simpeds video review before. It's obvious he put a lot of effort in it.
Thank to all kind people for spreading the good news around the globe

SPECIAL THANKS to ROF pilot Peter Zvan, my first buyer, as he was the first to take a leap of faith :-)
Forgive me if I forgot to mention someone here. Your support and thrust made me push harder to make a great product for us all.

Milan

#3818974 - 08/06/13 12:15 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
grey color - there is one obstackle...i need to buy more quantity of material at once. It should be no problem in the future but this year and probably half of next year pedals will be only black/white.

combat/boeing style footplates are in development and possible others too. when will other foot plates be aviable depend on sales and inqiries...

sorry for late and short answer...i will be on poor internet for a few days

#3819839 - 08/08/13 11:27 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Little FAQ. I publish here untill I have proper place for it :

When will pedals be available?
Pedals should be in stock and free to buy from start of october 2013, possible little sooner.

Do you take preorders ?

I will not accept payments untill I know exact date of shipping. However You can send me your order intention so I plan my production better. Sending order intention does not obligate you to buy !

What's the price ?
- 262 eur + shipping if you pay with Paypal - promo price. For bank transfer and western union you are granted discount of 4,5 % on total amount - but money transfer expenses are buyers obligation. This is due to Paypal transfer fees.
- I have the right to change the price at any time !!!. I know now that small price increase will be requied, but I kept this price as a promotional until I make a final price based upon all expenses.

Warranty ?

- I give my personal 2 year limited warranty. Limited means that I will send spare parts and customer duty is to replace possible damaged parts. Warranty claims need to be sent with photos or videos of the problem - so I can grant warranty. Warranty does not include mechanical damage caused by excessive force of over 40 kg of pressure on pedals...and similar excessive abuse of the product, electrical discharge on the USB electronics.
- I am obligated to provide spare parts for at least 5 years. If I stop production and can not longer provide spare parts I here obligate to publish my complete project so others can build spare parts too.

Other type of foot plates ?
Right now my priority is to start production with Luftwaffe style foot plates. Combat style (F-16/ Boeing) are in development but will not be available in 2013. There are some style discussion about those and need to go thru testing phase, that's why.
So, in the future, pedals will be available to buy with different foot plate style 100 % shure...Customer will be able to buy different style separately or to buy extra foot plates when buying pedals.

Grey or other colors ?
Pedals will ship in white/black color untill further notice. Explained : I think I would like my pedals in grey/black too. But to do that I need to order material in large quantity. Right now it's a problem since I don't know how much community need, and I don't have enough money for such investment. I will make a survey on my website so potential buyers can express their opinion and liking based on photoshop coloring of pedals. Then I will decide what color to use based on most user opinions.

Additional CAM centering profiles ?
First 10x buyers will recive 3x cam profiles. Their obligation is to make an opinion which 2 out of 3 are best. Future customers will get 2x cam profiles standard.
In future I will most likely develop more CAM profiles, depending if it is necessary or not.
Extra cam profiles will be possible to purchase with pedals, like an addon...or existing buyers will be able to buy separately.

Price of extra foot plates and cam profiles ?
This price I don't know yet. It's only speculation that CAM profile should cost cca 10 eur, foot plates I will try to produce in 30-40 eur price range for a set.

What if I don't like your predicted spring behavior ?

Spring mechanisam is designed in a way that every customer can get his own spring made. It can me smaller or bigger diameter, and shorter than original spring....extremely easy to exchange original spring with custom made one...or some standard off the shelf spring.

Additional width adjustment plate ?

I will publish my design and dimensions of such plate. Customer can make his own easy.
If there are enought inquiries for such plate I will make it possible to buy as a spare part.

I saw you noted that cable for brakes might give up after 5-10 years. What did you do about that ?

I have modified my design to make shure cables last as much as possible. Other than that I made shure that cables are easy to replace by customer. When, and If there will be a need for such replacment there will be spare set of braking cable available. It will be with connectors and Hall sensor - assembled set of cables...Predicted price for a set = 12 eur. Replacement will be 5 min job that 12 year old child can do, with a little help of quick glue and a screwdriver.

Last edited by milan_croatia; 08/24/13 12:11 PM.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.