Hopper  Offline

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3814639 - 07/26/13 03:51 PM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We invite you to become a participant in the development of BOS by placing a Pre-Order. By doing this, you will be the first to get access to the product and help us to make it even better. The combat flight-sim genre now needs your attention; modest budgets do not allow the realizationof everything virtual pilots dream about at once. But together we can truly revolutionize the genre and bring back a true legend to the sky!
If there are truly a lot of us, more than the skeptics think, and if the time of serious games for the PC has not passed, then we can make more with your support."

Sounds like funding may be more than a little tight for them. I hope they get high pre-order number's to save the day

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3814645 - 07/26/13 03:59 PM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
ZG26_Emil Offline
ZG26_Emil  Offline

Cheshire....Ok stockport
Already people moaning at the price on other forums. Even if there was 1000 pre-orders today that would only be $90,000. Not much money considering all the wages and other costs they have to pay.

I really do wonder what fantasy world some people live in when they want to continue to pay 30 quid and yet get something 'realistic' and high fidelity FM DM etc.

I can't remember the last time I saw a post from someone complaining that they have to pay hundreds of dollars for a graphics card or flight stick/peddles.

I'll bet funding is tight as hell, it can't be easy raising money for projects like this.

Last edited by JG5_Emil; 07/26/13 04:00 PM.

Formerly JG5_Emil
#3814682 - 07/26/13 04:35 PM Re: Preorder [Re: ZG26_Emil]  
rootango Offline
rootango  Offline

everywhere
lol jason out with his cap asking for money already ? its not even ready and they already are claiming poor and needing "support". just get ready folks for their "new sales model" (which is what 777 enticed 1c with to dump the SoW-CoD series), its going to be the same singsong as the years they were milking the RoF money cow, with every 20 min hearing "if you dont support this (eg keep buying stuff) we'll close it down". and for giving them your money "Buyers of the Premium Edition will get a Gold IL-2 Sturmovik logo placed under their avatar on the forum", woohaaa, hold me back i am so exited !!!

and have some pity be on the poor old RoF folks who just ended up spending 500$ buying every single trinket and whatcha-me-call-it's, their being asked to do it all over again.

that aside, looks like they are on a major rush job to push this thing out the door unfinished to start making money for their new 1c masters and try and justify the killing off of the SoW-CoD sim line of products. or perhaps they got nervous about the DCS-luthier cooperative project that is due to make its big announcement on the 1e of september 2013 ?

and by the looks of it their new RoF-BS promo video pretty much confirms the arcade/console level product this will be. the terrain looks bland and empty (deliberately so they can keep frame rate's high), planes zip around in the air like a "war thunder" or "birds of prey" console game, and the visual effects have been fluffed up with video editing (eg if you buy their game you wont get the same visual effects they are trying to entice you with to buy it). and compared to the glory and detail we already have in CoD the RoF-BS cockpits and aircraft look bland and low detail.

Be advised, we got zips in the wire
#3814694 - 07/26/13 04:46 PM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
ZG26_Emil Offline
ZG26_Emil  Offline

Cheshire....Ok stockport
The video is not game play at all, look at teh other videos and screenshots available.

I don't understand the football supporter type of mentality. I don't care who makes the flight sims as long as they make them.

I was truly gutted to find out the plug had been pulled on the real IL2 but if this is the only way Flight sims will get some longevity then so be it. For sure the CLOD sales model wasn't enough to generate the cash needed and as I said in my previous post this must be partly down to the refusal of people to accept that in order for flight sims to have a future we must be prepared to pay a reasonable amount for them.

Anyway CLOD is great, hopefully it will continue to be improved I actually think that there will be things that CLOD does much better than BOS so I'll be playing both.

Formerly JG5_Emil
#3814720 - 07/26/13 05:20 PM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

rootango is a couple crayons short of the basic 8 color pack. It's best just to ignore him.

Although, this probably shouldn't have been posted here since it is the CloD sub-forum.

#3814740 - 07/26/13 05:50 PM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
2GvSAP_Mohawk Offline
2GvSAP_Mohawk  Offline

NuJerzee, USA
So it begins.

I guess the crowd that used to bash Luthier and Cliffs of Dover will be moving their camp over to the IL2:BoS forum while pointing their pitch forks at Jason et. al. lightsabers

My PC Specs:
Traitorous transistorized toad....Blithering blatherskite....Hopeless heap of tainted tin
#3814790 - 07/26/13 07:49 PM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Well said Emil

Exactly as I see it.
This stuff costs money to develop.
Jason/777/1c are not making the sort of money tthat will turn them into Bill Gates.
The do OK and they need to carry on doing OK so that we have a future of WWI/II combat flight simulation.

#3814803 - 07/26/13 08:09 PM Re: Preorder [Re: rootango]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Originally Posted By: rootango
lol jason out with his cap asking for money already ? its not even ready and they already are claiming poor and needing "support". just get ready folks for their "new sales model" (which is what 777 enticed 1c with to dump the SoW-CoD series), its going to be the same singsong as the years they were milking the RoF money cow, with every 20 min hearing "if you dont support this (eg keep buying stuff) we'll close it down". and for giving them your money "Buyers of the Premium Edition will get a Gold IL-2 Sturmovik logo placed under their avatar on the forum", woohaaa, hold me back i am so exited !!!

and have some pity be on the poor old RoF folks who just ended up spending 500$ buying every single trinket and whatcha-me-call-it's, their being asked to do it all over again.

that aside, looks like they are on a major rush job to push this thing out the door unfinished to start making money for their new 1c masters and try and justify the killing off of the SoW-CoD sim line of products. or perhaps they got nervous about the DCS-luthier cooperative project that is due to make its big announcement on the 1e of september 2013 ?

and by the looks of it their new RoF-BS promo video pretty much confirms the arcade/console level product this will be. the terrain looks bland and empty (deliberately so they can keep frame rate's high), planes zip around in the air like a "war thunder" or "birds of prey" console game, and the visual effects have been fluffed up with video editing (eg if you buy their game you wont get the same visual effects they are trying to entice you with to buy it). and compared to the glory and detail we already have in CoD the RoF-BS cockpits and aircraft look bland and low detail.

You know its a a CGI trailer and the released date hasn't changed since BOS was announced?

#3814828 - 07/26/13 08:47 PM Re: Preorder [Re: rootango]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada

I remember Jason requesting support a number of times, to help keep the ROF development alive. I don't have a problem with that, and supported ROF a number of times. When people hoped 777Studio's would develop a WW2 sim, I suggested 777 Studio's might not have the finances to develop a WW2 sim. Jason suggested I had no idea about their finances. He was right, I had no idea he was in the process of acquiring his buddy Luthier's financing.

I'm sure Loft and his development crew will make a decent combat flight sim and look forward to its updates.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3814956 - 07/27/13 06:59 AM Re: Preorder [Re: ZG26_Emil]  
rootango Offline
rootango  Offline

everywhere
Originally Posted By: JG5_Emil
Already people moaning at the price on other forums.

that is not very surprising smile

the RoF-BS franchise is asking you for 90$ up front to participate in their early development testing (not even beta testing), and for that money you dont even get a complete game that will last you for a few years of gameplay while the sequel is being developed (as would normally be the case in pc game production). With this 90$ payment for the RoF-BS beta tester you only get the rudimentary basics of a "starter pack" of an incomplete game that they will be selling you lots of other important missing elements for over the next months/yrs after initial release.

in contrast with the DCS beta purchasing (aimed at keen early adopters helping with beta testing), they DO get a fully finished product in the end.

for 777's RoF-BS however, my estimate would be (going by what they did with RoF), that they will try and extract at least 10x the starting price of the initially product from you over the following months/yrs, particularly because 777 now has to share any profits with 1C and they essentially have to double their revenue for them to make the same amount of profit. 777 already stated in previous yrs they didnt have the resources to develop a new ww2 sim (but this is probably based on them knowing they needed to develop a new game/gfx engine for it). even with 777 now getting initial funding from 1C, 777's staff numbers have gone up and they need to share any financial revenue with 1C (which majorly cuts into 777's profits unless they radically increase sales volume compared to RoF).

from all indications so far, the compromise 777 has made is to instead still use the RoF game and gfx engine (significantly lowered development costs, but reducing the quality of the end product), AND try and create a steeper revenue stream (eg, higher initial game price, and a more aggressive approach in trying to sell you more addon bits and pieces over the following months/years). 1C will also be expecting some pretty quick profits from their new investment, partic because with SoW they mismanaged keeping a close eye on the project itself, so this will add pressure on 777 to quickly start selling more addon elements of the initial 90$ product you might have bought at the start.

for those flightsimmers who are hoping to find a high end flightsim product which surpasses the SoW series (which has been the flagship product from the il2 series that set "the standard" in ww2 combat flightsims for the last 10 yrs), that RoF-BS approach is a true hell !! you get a much inferior product at a much higher cost, with the only ones who benefit being the 777/1C bean counters (and arcade players who dilute themselves that they are now using a cutting edge advanced flightsim that is "better then all il2 sim's before it". 777 already stated it had no intention or desire to create a product superior to CoD, and 1C stated its main interest in 777 was the "sales model", its really that simple, and this first 777 money raising approach pretty much confirms this smile

Be advised, we got zips in the wire
#3814976 - 07/27/13 08:38 AM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Some of the most ignorant and hate filled comments I have ever read on this or any other flight-sim forum. I have devoted years of my professional life to keeping flight-simming alive and make it more popular with gamers, both with my own capital through 777 and my previous positions at other companies and yet I continue to get attacked by users who know nothing about me personally or our business. You are your own worst enemies.

Jason

#3814977 - 07/27/13 08:47 AM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
rootango, Yes but we don't have to do a nasty upgrade to our rigs neaner

Last edited by SlipBall; 07/27/13 08:48 AM.

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3814978 - 07/27/13 08:48 AM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
On the other hand Jason, there are level headed people on these boards that fully support what you do for us.
Focus on that and carry on carrying on. smile

#3814984 - 07/27/13 09:18 AM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
I know that Brig and I appreciate it, all I want is people to buy and enjoy the product. But this narrative that I am somehow an evil robber baron come to pillage the pockets of unsuspecting simmers and investors is beyond bizarre. Because after all this genre is where the mint is I guess.

Jason

#3814987 - 07/27/13 09:40 AM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
gn728 Offline
gn728  Offline

L.A.,CA
I'm pretty sure the only people who really think that are the unhinged - as someone who comes here a lot, mainly just looking for info, but posts rarely it's pretty obvious who has axes to grind because they do it constantly.

#3815002 - 07/27/13 11:09 AM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
Hellfire257 Offline
Hellfire257  Offline

$90 is too much for me (I simply can't afford it, nothing more). It is a shame because the La-5 and 190 are the only two aircraft I'm really interested in.

#3815014 - 07/27/13 11:38 AM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
Simbo_Sim123 Offline
Simbo_Sim123  Offline

Tonyrefail South Wales
I am in the same boat as Hellfire.I cannot afford to buy the higher price release,I will have to wait and buy the game when it is released. If I had the money hell yes I would buy it but I can not so do you hear me or any one else in the same boat complaining ?
I have had ROF since day one and thoroughly enjoyed and bought the aircraft as they were released so if this is the way our limited military flight sims evolve then so be it.We are a small few amongst the the many gamers don`t forget.

Paul

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
#3815024 - 07/27/13 12:02 PM Re: Preorder [Re: Hopper]  
ZG26_Emil Offline
ZG26_Emil  Offline

Cheshire....Ok stockport
rootango yeh 90 dollars...it's nothing isn't it smile

That price is for the enthusiast that wants to test the Beta and get the extra two aircraft i.e. support the devs so that we can keep WW2 flight simming alive. 60 Bucks is what you need to pay to play the game.

Show me these amazing hobbies that are cheaper than this? Because at the moment every day shooting I have costs me more that 90 bucks, every fishing trip costs about the same. I flew CLOD for 460 hours so far just for $50, it is unrealistic you should get so much for so little especially in a niche hobby like this. I wouldn't pay per month for a flight sim (MMO style) but this model is better.

Like Slipball said CLOD was cheaper but you then had to go and buy a new graphics card biggrin Oh and clearly their sales model didn't work since they got the plug pulled on them.

I'd love to go back to the days of a £25 flight sim giving me 2 years of fun but how many units are they going to have to sell before they can make a profit?

Formerly JG5_Emil
#3815028 - 07/27/13 12:39 PM Re: Preorder [Re: rootango]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: JG5_Emil
Already people moaning at the price on other forums.

that is not very surprising smile

the RoF-BS franchise is asking you for 90$ up front to participate in their early development testing (not even beta testing), and for that money you dont even get a complete game that will last you for a few years of gameplay while the sequel is being developed (as would normally be the case in pc game production). With this 90$ payment for the RoF-BS beta tester you only get the rudimentary basics of a "starter pack" of an incomplete game that they will be selling you lots of other important missing elements for over the next months/yrs after initial release.

in contrast with the DCS beta purchasing (aimed at keen early adopters helping with beta testing), they DO get a fully finished product in the end.

for 777's RoF-BS however, my estimate would be (going by what they did with RoF), that they will try and extract at least 10x the starting price of the initially product from you over the following months/yrs, particularly because 777 now has to share any profits with 1C and they essentially have to double their revenue for them to make the same amount of profit. 777 already stated in previous yrs they didnt have the resources to develop a new ww2 sim (but this is probably based on them knowing they needed to develop a new game/gfx engine for it). even with 777 now getting initial funding from 1C, 777's staff numbers have gone up and they need to share any financial revenue with 1C (which majorly cuts into 777's profits unless they radically increase sales volume compared to RoF).

from all indications so far, the compromise 777 has made is to instead still use the RoF game and gfx engine (significantly lowered development costs, but reducing the quality of the end product), AND try and create a steeper revenue stream (eg, higher initial game price, and a more aggressive approach in trying to sell you more addon bits and pieces over the following months/years). 1C will also be expecting some pretty quick profits from their new investment, partic because with SoW they mismanaged keeping a close eye on the project itself, so this will add pressure on 777 to quickly start selling more addon elements of the initial 90$ product you might have bought at the start.

for those flightsimmers who are hoping to find a high end flightsim product which surpasses the SoW series (which has been the flagship product from the il2 series that set "the standard" in ww2 combat flightsims for the last 10 yrs), that RoF-BS approach is a true hell !! you get a much inferior product at a much higher cost, with the only ones who benefit being the 777/1C bean counters (and arcade players who dilute themselves that they are now using a cutting edge advanced flightsim that is "better then all il2 sim's before it". 777 already stated it had no intention or desire to create a product superior to CoD, and 1C stated its main interest in 777 was the "sales model", its really that simple, and this first 777 money raising approach pretty much confirms this smile

I don't even know where to start laughing at this post... from the first sentence to the last there's just wrong facts, clueless assumptions and outright jokes.
Rootango, does your father knows that you're alone at the computer?

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.