Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#380598 - 09/06/01 07:43 PM X36 and Flanker....Any advice?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know am also going to put this on the Saitek area too. But if you continue reading you will see that it also relates to Flanker.... Thanks Guys...

OK Well here is another weird, problem. OK I have an Athalon 1.4, with an MSI K7T 266 Pro-R (onboard Raid) I am not using the Raid right now. GeForce 3 Card. The motherboard does have on board AC97 Sound and game controller. (All system checks on the game controller seems to work.) ATA100 7200rpm, HDD's and Windows 98se and DX 8.0a(on my gaming drive) Here are the concurrent problems I am having and what I have done.

1. 2-3 Second Lag Response time for input into games from controller
Response: Tried to use the MS patch, found on Ron Hunts FAQ.
Temp Fix: Only thing that fixes it, is a reboot, sometimes 2-3 reboots before I can get it to work properly.
2. Dials not calibrating to center.
Response: Reloaded SGE 3.0Beta got dials to recenter, almost... Not quite in the center yet, but almost there.
Temp Fix: Put Dials to Digital and quit using them. (Man that sucks, because they are very helpful in radar and hsi ranges, antennae etc.)
3. Cannot get the computer to see the X36 through the game port.
Response: Reloaded SGE, Unplugged and used NUKE USB, Tried to force X36 into profiles, but would not recognize it.
Temp Fix: Kept it on USB (Where I am having the problems.)
4. When using the game Flanker 2.5, the joystick disappears from my gameing devices and makes me crash. Prior to the X36 going away, the computer pauses, the mouse pointer comes up in front of the cockpit, the game stutters and then I completely lose control of the aircraft, (Yes Crashing and Burning)
Response: Tried to reinstall, Flanker 2.5, Used my Son's New Microsoft Controller, Reinstalled SGE 3.0Beta
Temp Fix: Only thing that can get it back is to exit the game, run Nuke USB and reboot the computer or unplug and plug in the X36.

OK So now that you have the half of it. Here is my deduction. There is something seriously wrong with this picture. Most of my other games work fine, for a while, but then do the 2-3 second delay etc. This is telling me that there is a problem with the USB interface, there has to be, but that does not explain not being a able to get the Game Port to recognize the game controller.

Any Ideas would be very helpful.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#380599 - 09/18/01 09:32 PM Re: X36 and Flanker....Any advice?  
GregP Offline
GregP  Offline

Fairfax, VA
Since I've had a lot of trouble with my USB/X36 setup too, I thought I'd mention a few things. Have you tried SGE2.3? 3.0 has a reputation for being buggy, so maybe going back to 2.3 might help things. Also, have you checked for BIOS updates for your motherboard? In my case, I unwittingly bought a mobo that was notorious for USB issues, and BIOS updates have slightly improved things. Last, is that mobo based on a VIA chipset? And if so, have you applied the latest 4-in-1 drivers (4.133, I think)? Also have you tried the VIA USB filter patch?

i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 64GB DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB GF MkIII + MCG Pro

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.