Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#380406 - 07/11/01 12:22 AM Voodoo Banshee Problems  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have trouble running this game on my voodoo banshee. I believe its because of the opengl drivers.

Does anyone know which drivers must be installed on the Banshee to play this game?

Also, is there another way (other than using the arrow keys) to move your head around the cockpit, eg by using a mouse? I dont have a hat on my joystick.

I need to know these things before I buy this game. Please help me!!!

------------------
Neptune

Neptune - Strike! Your Signal is Divert! Acknowlege!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#380407 - 07/11/01 02:14 AM Re: Voodoo Banshee Problems  
The Dead Offline
The Dead  Offline

Well, I have had no trouble with my Banshee, but thaat may change when my computer comes back from teh shop. As for moving in the cockpit....teh keypad is the only way I know of, and since my stick HAS a hat switch, I can tell you taht the Hat moves the target reticule around teh HUD, not your head in teh cockpit

------------------
You will never know I am there.....until you see me explode.

What IS the plural for Frogfoot? Frogfeet? Frogsfeet? Frogfoots? SU-25 Frogfeets?

Microsoft Protection Fault 249: This computer has performed an illlegal operation. Government authorities have been notified and the black helicopters will arrive shortly. You are to cease the use of your computer and await authorities. DO NOT RESIST. Only your cooperation ensures your survival. To avoid seeing this message in the future, please purchase only Microsoft products. Thank you and have a nice day.

We've hadd to endure much, you and I, but soon there will be order again. A new age. Aquinas spoke of the mythical city on the hill. Soon that city will be a reality, and we will be crowned its kings. Or better than kings. Gods!
#380408 - 07/11/01 04:07 AM Re: Voodoo Banshee Problems  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dead:
Well, I have had no trouble with my Banshee, but thaat may change when my computer comes back from the shop. As for moving in the cockpit....teh keypad is the only way I know of, and since my stick HAS a hat switch, I can tell you taht the Hat moves the target reticule around teh HUD, not your head in teh cockpit

What drivers (exactly what files) do you have installed. Where can I download it? And do those same drivers work with Janes FA-18? I can never seem to get Janes and F2 (demo) to work with the same drivers.

------------------
Neptune

Neptune - Strike! Your Signal is Divert! Acknowlege!

#380409 - 07/11/01 10:26 AM Re: Voodoo Banshee Problems  
Ozias Offline
Ozias  Offline

UK,London
From the 2.03 patch onwards, Flanker 2 allows you to select the mouse to control cockpit/view panning, look in the 'controls' section in the Options screen.

#380410 - 07/11/01 05:51 PM Re: Voodoo Banshee Problems  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Neptune,

Ozias is correct about using the mouse to pan the views around. I've tried it, even though I've got 3 hat switches on my joystick.
There's a couple of reasons why this might give you problems.
1. If you are flying stick with your right hand, and moving the mouse with your left, then that doesn't leave anything else to work the keyboard keys. And you are going to be working those keyboard keys unless you've got a HOTAS, or Quickshot, etc... Plus, working a mouse left-handed isn't natural for a right-hander, so this requires lots of practice IMHO. If you're flying left-handed and using the mouse with your right, then it will be much easier.
And since your stick doesn't have a hat, it probably doesn't have a bunch of extra buttons to assign to keyboard commands, then you're going to want to assign the shift, alt,and ctrl keys in Flanker to help you work various controls, and if all of your hands are busy with stick and mouse, it's going to be really hard keeping anything under control.
Flanker's radars are mostly manual. You really need a stick with at least one hat to be able to slew the targeting cursor, and the radar scan cone around. If you only have one hat, this can work for views, TDC cursor, and/or radar scan cone, by assigning these functions to the hat by use of the shift, alt, and ctrl keys.
If I didn't have a hat switch, and I really wanted to fly and fight, I'd stay with stick and keyboard. At least this way my hand would already be over on the keyboard and I wouldn't be moving from mouse to keyboard and back.
Mag...

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.