Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#379930 - 04/09/01 11:57 PM Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All I am starting to explore the dark side here, moving from F/A-18 (Jane's) to a SU27 (Flanker 2.5) it is very odd, I feel like being inside the mean beast, my worst nightmare in F18, the Flanker.

I can't figure how to properly configure my Joystick, a Logitech Wingman Interceptor, I just can't understand how to use the in game interface. Any tip?

thanx

Dot

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#379931 - 04/10/01 12:48 AM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Me from Flanker2.x to Janes F/A-18E!

#379932 - 04/10/01 01:16 AM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skooter

I still fly F18 every night, but having a beauty like Flanker and not flying it for some dumb config problems is too much of a waste.

Any tip ?

Dot

Oh do you need any info on F18? I've been flying it since the beginning

#379933 - 04/10/01 01:20 AM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seriously, between the latest iteration of F4, jf18 (as it is, with only one little patch, I might add), and F2.5 - you can stay very very busy. I don't think its humanly possible to stay on top of all three at once!

#379934 - 04/10/01 02:37 AM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  
Slappy Offline
Slappy  Offline

Santa Rosa, CA
LOL. I'm in exactly the same boat as you dot... with a Logitech as well. Bumming me out that such a simple thing is turning into such a hurdle for me. I wish the calibration was more like f-18 or even falcon. I just can not figure out how to make my second hat work on the Logitech . Heh. Flanker joystick calibration is daunting indeed.

Break left... @#!$%^&% Your OTHER left!
#379935 - 04/10/01 04:48 AM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

DOT:

I'm using a Suncom Combo Crate, now what i did is that i'm not using the in-game flight stick configuration that is by unchecking the box of that "USE JOYSTICK CONFIGURATION" option instead i used the Suncom's software and it works fine for me.

Dude you gotta check out that Flanker's cool feature w/c is the Inboard and Outboard throttle where you can control the thrust of each motors independently works like a rudder pedal, anyway this feature works only if u have the Suncom's throttle rig.

[This message has been edited by skooter (edited 04-10-2001).]

#379936 - 04/10/01 05:02 AM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by -Dot-:
Skooter

Oh do you need any info on F18? I've been flying it since the beginning

DOT.... I need help how to get on time on Marshall Stack? man...I'm falling in love w/this sim(JF-18) it's becoz the gameplay is really nice so immersive...in that you gotta be wise in managing or releasing all the stuff you have such as the airframes,ordinance and even your wingies. and most of all those radio chatters and COMMS and the weather effects too are just AWESOME!
If you just got a kick arss systems JF-18 rocks! right DOT?

#379937 - 04/10/01 03:56 PM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

skooter,

For a guide on carrier operations go here:

http://ham.dogfighter.com/superhornet/index.htm

I am also new to Flanker, just got a copy of it last week. Finally got my Saitek and masterpilot set up so I can fly these beasts.

I have pretty much been playing Hornet since it came out (been lurking on this board and CSIMs also for almost as much time).

Now to see if my Hornet skills will help me when I go to trap with a SU-33.

#379938 - 04/10/01 04:12 PM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skooter

Thanks dude, I'll try to use the Logitech software, the point is that after 10 minutes spent trying to configure the Flanker stick I just fire up the Hornet and go AFTER the flankers !!

Regarding the marshal stack...I've rarely been so patient to wait the entire routine , often I just point toward the carrier line up and go for the meatball I know it's not really "pure hardcore" but Hey ! I'm the owner here I don't have time for that !
F18 is THE SIM for me. AND since I just upgraded the SYS it's like having a brand new sim. Awesome.

DO you guys have the Vallahalla Campaign
by Matt Wagner?

There, I'm in the Flanker MB speaking about the Hornet. Again

Dot Out

Sweet and sweet continue outbound.

#379939 - 04/10/01 06:29 PM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm also an addicted to Jane's F/A 18 who is trying to learn something about Flanker 2.5.
By now I really like the feeling of flight and the great manoeuvrability of the Russian AC (not to mention the Mig 29K, a real wild horse ). Compared to them the SuperHornet is like a truck (no harm intended , but I love the way you can deliver your ordnance with the Boeing bird, at night and flying NOE.
I'm using a CH F16 combatstick with Pro throttle and I configured it with its own software without any problems. Thus, I'd really appreciate some suggestions about the calibration settings, such as dead zone and response, that are available with the game options.

Cheers.

------------------
Gielle

Manbat's lair

#379940 - 04/10/01 07:12 PM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi GiElle

How's life down in Italy ? I'll be in Rome on the 30th for 15 days and I just can't wait.
I remember there was a place where I once went to do a fantastic massive EF 2000 multiplayer (LAN) Strike-SEAD-BARCAP mission, the place was in Via dei Colli Portuensi and it was called "Pandora's box" there where at least 8 Hard-Core simmers that night.
I still remember that mission as one of the best I ever flew.
Did you ever been there? I mean at Pandora's?

You're right, after flying the Flanker the F18 handles like a truck, but still with the new system I have it's a blast. A lot better bro!

Roma Caput Mundi

#379941 - 04/10/01 10:14 PM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Dot

I've never been to Pandora's box, but I've got to say that I'm a rookie in the jet sim world, as I started in 98 with Falcon 4.0.
Here in Rome the spring is blooming, so I'm sure you'll have a good time for your homecoming (or am I wrong)?

------------------
Gielle

Manbat's lair

#379942 - 04/10/01 11:10 PM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, you're not wrong, I love california, but Rome is, and will always be "Home"
Yo can check if they still doi LAN meetings at Pandora's Box.
Looks like they don't have a web site, but the place should still be there.

Are the Swallows back? I could not see any of them here in the Bay Area.

I will pass fast and low over the colosseo and land my F18 at Pratica di Mare.

seeya thin! ( Ciao Secco )

Fast, Low and Hostile.

#379943 - 04/10/01 11:40 PM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Karaba...thanks for that link.

#379944 - 04/11/01 12:29 AM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a new campaign designed by Matt Wagner of SSI? wow! gotta download it, anyway i'm still at phase 1 of the original campaign and i'm determined to finish the campaign b4 i jumped to that new campaign.
Hey guys last night Janes F/A-18E really give me a blast here is what happen....I just returned from a successfull mission and i was about to line up for a trap,and about 3/4 of a mile for a meatball there was this LSO yelling at me to abort becoz it's a foul deck but what happen i ignore him so i still go for a trap, about 3 seconds after and was about to touchdown... to my surprised there was this my wingman who is still at CAT #3 there's nothing i could do got no power AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! so i end up in a burning meatball at the deck!
Now that's what i call immmersion...

[This message has been edited by skooter (edited 04-10-2001).]

#379945 - 04/11/01 05:07 AM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by skooter:
There's a new campaign designed by Matt Wagner of SSI? wow! gotta download it

For you Skooter - download location:

http://ham.dogfighter.com/superhornet/campaign.htm

- Ham.

FAST JET FLIGHT SIMULATIONS

Sting One-Three-Bravo is my hero

#379946 - 04/11/01 05:53 AM Re: Migrating from F/A-18  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks HAM!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.