Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#379340 - 03/04/01 09:37 PM Re: 2.5 on shelves before being downloadable?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
I don't know where to start wildstyle24_7?, you've dissected my post in true Usenet fashion.

Given what you said about usenet, I'm guessing that's not good If you're referring to the quote by quote style, I'm afraid I do that everywhere - I find it easier to organise my thoughts posting that way, and old habits die hard
Quote:

I'm not here for an argument, if I were I'd have went to the Monty Python argument shop and paid for it.

I'm not looking to provoke you, make you cross, get you to post pointless flames, or anything of the sort - I disagreed with what you said about the flight sim group, and wanted to say why. I thought that you misinterpreted why I'd made the point about their reaction, and felt I should set the record straight.

The "hardcore" comment and my punk anecdote at the bottom are just intended to lighten the tone a little, and point up the (to me) absurdity of saying that one group of enthusiasts is more worthy of attention (solely) by virtue of where they post their comments.
Quote:

You don't like my opinion, that's fair enough. I've discussed my gripes with Carl on here and I'm cool about this.

It's not that I don't like it, I just disagree with it. If I've given the impression that I'm cross, or spoiling for a fight, that's absolutely not my intention; there are no hard feelings here.

------------------
Flt. Lt. Bertie "Binky" Farqhuarson,
No.1 AGHL Squadron
"Nous Sommes Tous Les Singes"
----------------------

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#379341 - 03/05/01 03:49 AM Re: 2.5 on shelves before being downloadable?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't see what the problem is. A month long wait for an upgrade that is free? Hum.........

#379342 - 03/06/01 04:32 AM Re: 2.5 on shelves before being downloadable?  
Slappy Offline
Slappy  Offline

Santa Rosa, CA
Aaargh. No fair! I want to fly the f-15c not to mention the other planes you mentioned Carl. Gimme gimme gimme gimme.

Break left... @#!$%^&% Your OTHER left!
#379343 - 03/06/01 07:17 PM Re: 2.5 on shelves before being downloadable?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

This thread is getting as bad as some on the Flanker homepage. "By the way, I bought some milk last week which went sour even though it was in the refrigerator, can I claim a refund from SSI because I did buy Flanker 18 months ago for $ 50 and demand a lifetime guarantee for everything and anything that ever happens to me, my family, friends and alien colleagues?"

Nope, didn't think so........

------------------
Rabina
Push Victor 11, go..

#379344 - 03/06/01 10:15 PM Re: 2.5 on shelves before being downloadable?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

DanW is right.

Considering the sales generated by an upgrade to an existing flight sim, versus the income produced by a new game like Mech Warrior 4 (or whatever), we are LUCKY any of our favorite developers spend time and money fixing bugs and releasing upgrades!

Can't you guys see that? It's about money.

You don't need a marketing degree for this folks. I work in a small business. If we try a new product and it sits on the shelf collecting dust, we don't reorder it. If it sells out in a wekk, we'll double the order next time. If a product doesn't sell, you kill it. If it sells a lot, you make more of it.

After seeing the great Jane's brand call it quits for flight sims and even "soft sim" makers like Novalogic canceling new flight titles like Commanche 4, we better jump for joy and open our wallets whenever a good sim maker talks about new and better combat flight sims.

I'm not saying we should praise crappy, buggy products; if a sim is good, it's good and if it sucks, it sucks. But we can't throw a tantrum when we have to wait a few weeks for a FREE upgrade.

Good Hunting.

#379345 - 03/07/01 01:10 AM Re: 2.5 on shelves before being downloadable?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I've given the impression that I'm cross, or spoiling for a fight, that's absolutely not my intention; there are no hard feelings here.

-------------------

Like-wise, No hard feelings here either

MD

[This message has been edited by Mad Dog (edited March 06, 2001).]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.