Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 109 of 240 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 239 240
#3791358 - 06/03/13 03:31 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge *** [Re: eno75]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
That's good news WC, really looking forward to another shot at Road to Persa.

A side question since you mentioned getting older missions brought to current standards. I have a problem that all my clients in the server see orange, untextured static Ka-50's at my airfield. I, the host, see nothing wrong with them. The mission I'm using has been saved as a new version in the current DCS version.

To remedy the problem, I tried deleting the static Ka-50's, saving a new version of the mission, and re-adding them. Upon loading the new mission, now ALL Ka-50's are orange according to clients. User controlled ones as well as the static ones used as scenery.

I even unpacked the mission file to see if there was some old skin or view folder messing with things, but nothing. Thoughts or have you heard of anyone else having this issue with old missions?

Raptor

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3791362 - 06/03/13 03:52 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Raptor -
That Ka-50 orange skin is the Demo #29 (or #24). I thought there was a patch that fixed it, but I sure stay away from that one.

That said, I do not use Static Ka-50s - mine are all regular helicopter types.

I have seen some recent issues with other Static Objects -
Static Road Outposts were always aligned North - I think this is fixed.
Static Ships are aligned East - just saw this one so I don't think it is fix in the release.

WC

#3791875 - 06/04/13 03:17 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Mission designers - heads up - v124.12913

It seems that Static Objects inside of Airbases and FARPS cannot be seen by the other side, so they cannot be destroyed. In addition, the SOs are preventing the airbase or FARP from flipping their ownership from one coalition to another.

This, if true, is a serious problem, as many missions depend upon a airbase or FARP capture condition to conclude the mission.

I saw this problem on two missions, one after the other. I started a test mission to verify the problem and will finish that later today.

Problems:
Static Objects cannot be seen by the opposite coalition.
Static Objects at an airbase or FARP prevent the airbase or FARP from being captured by the opposite coalition.

WC

#3792251 - 06/05/13 05:36 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
Just got done playing "Eastbound and Down" on Eno's Firehouse...a lot of fun as usual

One issue though. I was playing as Red GC, and some of the units, like the rear most short-range ADA groups are mounted on hillsides above steep cliff drop-offs. This results in them not being able to find a path away from their starting point. They're stuck there unless I drive each one off the cliff in first person mode, which is time-consuming.

If this was intentional however, disregard.

Raptor

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
#3792253 - 06/05/13 05:42 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
Regarding my above post about orange Sharks: I found out the problem (actually the solution) to the orange Ka-50's. I guess the skins changed in a recent update in how they were displayed once you zoomed out a little.

I switched all the Ka-50's and Hueys (which also appeared to be affected) to Red coalition, allowing the default Russian skins to take hold, and then saved the mission under another name. I then switched the helos back to Blue coalition and saved the mission as another name again.

No issues when a client hopped into my server and panned out from the helicopters. After talking with a few guys in TS channel, I think we concurred that the mission file, which I created several versions ago, was still using older skins that needed updating.

Hope this helps anybody else that has older mission files and is seeing similar issues.

#3792300 - 06/05/13 11:49 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Raptor- not intentional... Ill have to spend some time placing them a bit better. Glad it's still a good mission! Hope to fix it tonight after work. I tend to have more mission editing time after day shift.

#3792533 - 06/05/13 08:15 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Ok after flying Eno's East Bound and Down mission last night with Raptor in Red GC I have figured out what the Huey is missing.

The Huey is missing a AN/APR-39 RWR system.

Had I had one of these gismo's in my Huey last night I would detected the Tunguska that was targetting me and would have stayed alive for another 10 seconds. biggrin

Last edited by Molasses; 06/05/13 08:16 PM.
#3792602 - 06/05/13 10:55 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

You had no business going that way anyway... you had personnel to evacuate!

#3792626 - 06/05/13 11:50 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
Hell, what you guys may not have realized was I was cycling the various SAM emitters throughout the formations so only several were looking for targets at one time. Although an RWR system would help, that doesn't keep me from lighting up a radar in your face all of a sudden.
neaner

#3792648 - 06/06/13 01:21 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Raptor9]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Originally Posted By: Raptor9
Hell, what you guys may not have realized was I was cycling the various SAM emitters throughout the formations so only several were looking for targets at one time. Although an RWR system would help, that doesn't keep me from lighting up a radar in your face all of a sudden.
neaner

Believe me I've noticed!

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#3792744 - 06/06/13 11:10 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Raptor9]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Originally Posted By: Raptor9
neaner

Your just a bully. You better watch it or I am going to tell. Lol

#3792841 - 06/06/13 03:17 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Didn't get a chance to fix anything last night- got a lot going on at work right now and needed a break. I'll keep plugging away.

I'm a bit frustrated with the performance of the TOR and the SA19 right now... wondering whether or not to keep them in or replace them with similar systems.

On one hand I do enjoy the improvisation I see occuring (when I was flying last week)... but on the other hand in many cases we just don't have the ordinance nor the SEAD support (that works- apparently even the SU25T SEAD weapons are behaving strangely) to overcome it (especially the 15 which can, apparently, reach up over 40000 feet.

Anyway, open to some feedback on the matter.

#3792849 - 06/06/13 03:34 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
40K feet? Then fly at 50K feet! Simple stuff eno! neaner

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#3792862 - 06/06/13 04:00 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Well... I don't have alot of first hand knowledge... but possibly to spread them out maybe reduce their numbers may help. When we go into that mission everyone in an A-10 always talking about the number of Tunguskas there are. I don't want the Blue side to have a cake walk either... it needs stay challenging at the same time.

Raptor just ripped us appart... We had no hope. Next time we play and Raptor is the Red GC I am joining the Red side. biggrin

#3792877 - 06/06/13 04:27 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

I can definitely accommodate that request... may keep 1 or 2 in each wave.

#3793347 - 06/07/13 04:05 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
Mission designers - heads up - v124.12913

Problems:
Static Objects cannot be seen by the opposite coalition.
Static Objects at an airbase or FARP prevent the airbase or FARP from being captured by the opposite coalition.

WC

The issues I reported here and at DCS Forums centered around the new Road to Persa mission. Also Road Kill was having the same issues - FARP/airbase not being captured when it 'should' be. Suspicions were numerous, and with recent updates one can never be sure that something did not get adversely affected (to put it kindly).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107770

After extensive testing I conclude that FARP and airbase captures do work as designed. View settings do make a difference in perceptions, and FARPs and airbases are a bit different when it comes to F11 and F12 views and captures.

When an airbase is captured, its F11 View flag changes from the original 'owner' of the base, if it is contested or Neutral (a white flag), and when it is captured by the opposite coalition.

A FARP in F12 will always indicate the original owner of the FARP, even after it is captured. Also in F12, the FARP is not identified by its name - it just says 'FARP'.

In F10 FOW the opposite coalition cannot see the FARP or its Static FARP support Objects in F10 View - until the FARP is captured and then the capturing coalition will see the FARP in its color - but not the associated FARP support SOs.

With F10 All View, or if the view options have not been set in the ME, then the FARP and its SOs can be seen by the opposite coalition in the 'correct' color in F10 View, and the FARP icon color will transition from original to contested (white) to the capturing color.

The radius for capturing a FARP is the same as for an airbase - 2,000 meters or 2Km. But if two FARPs are nearby each other, just at that 2Km boundary, there seems to be some overlap to it. That was the issue in Road to Persa, and I had to move a secondary FARP further away from the main FARP before the Main could be captured on its own.

---

Did you know that a ground unit can drive under a FARP? Good hidey place...

Immortal units can have an Explode Unit event but they don't die - they have to also be Deactivated. (DOH!)

I found it impossible to kill a FARP Command Post with T-90 and BTR ordnance; this also happened with a FARP Fuel Dump in one of the test missions I ran. Thankfully these Static Objects do not prevent a FARP from being captured. The capturing coalition cannot see their icons in F10 View in Fog Of War. Basically, don't bother with these objects when attacking a FARP - it's a waste of time and ammo - FARP Command Post, FARP Ammo, FARP Fuel and FARP Tent.

It was stated by Grimes at DCS that a Static Object of a regular unit will prevent a base from being captured -
It appears that static object of buildings will have no effect on whether or not an airbase or farp can be captured. However static objects of normal ground combat units will prevent a capture. Ground AI will also ignore these objects as they ignore combat with all static objects.

It also seems that only static objects of ground vehicles and ships are revealed by FOW, and are only revealed by an aircraft. I have reported that bug.

-- so be careful about adding these Static Objects at airbases and FARPs if you intend them to be captured.

---

The Road to Persa is fixed and is running again on Hollo Pointe. I'm looking forward to some fun times in it tonight.

Road Kill needs to be cleaned up. Frame Rates are getting dragged down under 20 when many units are at Sochi, so I plan to pare back both Red and Blue groups to improve the play-ability there.

This was an unexpected delay in 'finishing' up my missions, but I can get back to completing that task, now.

crew

#3793658 - 06/08/13 04:38 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
USMC BEANS Offline
USMC BEANS  Offline

Seattle, Washington
Wow that Huey is sweet. Thanks Wheel for helping me get that sucker up and running. It was actually easier to fly than I thought it would be.

#3793662 - 06/08/13 05:46 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
veryone shhh ,,, this is crrakk-rrr only place I have been ab;e to acess in the last 45 minuyes -- here;s is amature video of what is happening.

0200hy77690 iPhone

0200yugh--9977 TGP

0234000-u8- SimHQ --

...-0Si,,iPhone456 -- TGP video --

...more when available.

matrix

#3793668 - 06/08/13 06:22 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
USMC BEANS Offline
USMC BEANS  Offline

Seattle, Washington
I like the one of Wheel and I attacking the BMPs.

#3794314 - 06/10/13 02:01 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
No Hollo Pointe server issues since the latest patch and hardware upgrade!

I think there was one Client disco on Friday night - affected one player while 7 or so others were still in the mission. And Friday nights are usually a little slow for me -- Internet connection wise -- but no problems.

Things have been pretty solid.

I finished up changes on Road Kill and it is running again.

WC

Page 109 of 240 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.