Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#3561867 - 04/24/12 01:07 PM Re: Tanks weak spots [Re: Krabb]  
Ryujin Offline
Ryujin  Offline

Yeah that is a little odd that the night sight goes out that far, but it may be there for cases where you have other illumination (flares, fire, etc) or maybe low light, but not totally dark conditions.

You can also fire at muzzle flashes way in the distance, though I've only done that with HE at night against recoiless rifles/infantry.

Last edited by Ryujin; 04/24/12 01:11 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3561968 - 04/24/12 04:04 PM Re: Tanks weak spots [Re: Krabb]  
Krabb Offline
Krabb  Offline

I think Ryujin is right. That 3000 m of the night sight are for low light conditions and illumination from flares. Or maybe it is there just for completeness.

As for range estimation with TPN-1-41-11, it has only one known subtension - 8 mils between the left or right dash and top of the triangle (see the respective screenshot from my tut: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3560927/Range_determination_using_the_.html#Post3560927). Thus, you can estimate the range by knowing the length or width of the target (see the second table from the same tut).

#3562074 - 04/24/12 06:39 PM Re: Tanks weak spots [Re: Krabb]  
skimbo Offline
skimbo  Offline

UK
Tables tables everywhere... Who said being a tank commander was easy? wink

Thanks for all your work on this krabb - invaluable!

Regards

Skimbo

Never open an umbrella in your trousers
#3567131 - 05/04/12 10:30 AM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
Txema Offline
Txema  Offline

Basque Country
I can't see the screenshots of this Quick Start tutorial...

Anybody else with the same problem?

Txema

#3567414 - 05/04/12 07:49 PM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
Krabb Offline
Krabb  Offline

I'm sorry, my image hosting is down. I'll upload images (from backup, so a bit outdated) to another hosting tomorrow or the day after.

#3568188 - 05/06/12 11:23 AM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
Krabb Offline
Krabb  Offline

Ok, I uploaded images to another hosting.

#3568300 - 05/06/12 04:30 PM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
skimbo Offline
skimbo  Offline

UK
Nice one Krabb!

Skimbo

Never open an umbrella in your trousers
#3568477 - 05/06/12 11:36 PM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: skimbo]  
MrShuffles Offline
MrShuffles  Offline

Thanks Krabb.

I was giving up on this game until your tute removed "the fog of war"

Thanks Krabb.

btw I have installed some mods

Where do i find them to play them

(I haven't yet figured out controls on how to move the tank LOL)

#3568783 - 05/07/12 02:49 PM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
Txema Offline
Txema  Offline

Basque Country
Thank you very much, Krabb. It works now !!

Txema

#3569802 - 05/09/12 05:29 AM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
Krabb Offline
Krabb  Offline

You are welcome!

Here is how to install patches and mods: http://graviteam-games.goodluckwith.us/eng/help-2/. There are only few mods so far: my Weapon Mod (though I myself don't use it biggrin ), FlashBurn's Missions and Sound Mod.

#3690851 - 11/30/12 04:45 PM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
Krabb Offline
Krabb  Offline

Updated for the latest patch and added a bit more info about mils.

#3789795 - 05/30/13 08:09 PM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
apelles Offline
apelles  Offline

Hungary, Székesfehérvár
"Here is how to install patches and mods: http://graviteam-games.goodluckwith.us/eng/help-2/."

The link is dead now. Some other source of information? Unfortunately the 581 update is kill my sabow. :-) No sound, no picture, no smell.

#3789966 - 05/31/13 07:11 AM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
Krabb Offline
Krabb  Offline

http://graviteam.ua/help/install-patch.html
http://graviteam.ua/help/install-dlc.html

Though it is a bit old. Now you don't need the unpack step, just select .gt2extension in the update utility.

The order is:
  1. Install the core update (gte2_core_update_v581.exe)
  2. Install the patch (mtc80_sabow_patch_aug12_rus_beta3.gt2extension)
  3. Install mods (still the same: my Weapon Mod (now I use it biggrin ), FlashBurn's ISABOW, and Sound Mod)

Steps for patches and mods are:
  1. Start the game update utility
  2. Click Install button
  3. Browse to patch/mod, and select it (all mentioned above has .gt2extension, if it is not .gt2extension (the old method), select another file type in the file open window, e.g. "Addons *.addpack", or "ZIP-archives *.zip")
  4. Click Save and Play

The order of patches and mods in the update utility doesn't matter while everything is for the same game version. Otherwise (some mod is for a previous game version) the patch must be above the old mod.

If you have troubles with the core update:
  • check that it was installed in the right folder (its defaults are not correct in some cases)
  • if it is Vista or later, it is probably better not to install the game to Program Files (problems with UAC and virtual folders, see the next item)
  • if Vista or later, verify C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore folder, delete SABOW folder there, and reinstall it to a different folder (not Program Files)
  • verify that you have the latest DirectX
  • install MS redist updates from docs\support\redists folder (or from Microsoft itself http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347)
  • disable antivirus (they are troublesome!)
  • sometimes a reboot helps (this one is probably an effect of one of the previous items)

#3790527 - 06/01/13 03:09 PM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
apelles Offline
apelles  Offline

Hungary, Székesfehérvár
Thanks Krabb! I try it.

#3790585 - 06/01/13 05:10 PM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
apelles Offline
apelles  Offline

Hungary, Székesfehérvár
Thank you again Krabb. It's work now.

#3790818 - 06/02/13 06:03 AM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Originally Posted By: Krabb
http://graviteam.ua/help/install-patch.html
http://graviteam.ua/help/install-dlc.html

Though it is a bit old. Now you don't need the unpack step, just select .gt2extension in the update utility.

The order is:
  1. Install the core update (gte2_core_update_v581.exe)
  2. Install the patch (mtc80_sabow_patch_aug12_rus_beta3.gt2extension)
  3. Install mods (still the same: my Weapon Mod (now I use it biggrin ), FlashBurn's ISABOW, and Sound Mod)

Steps for patches and mods are:
  1. Start the game update utility
  2. Click Install button
  3. Browse to patch/mod, and select it (all mentioned above has .gt2extension, if it is not .gt2extension (the old method), select another file type in the file open window, e.g. "Addons *.addpack", or "ZIP-archives *.zip")
  4. Click Save and Play

The order of patches and mods in the update utility doesn't matter while everything is for the same game version. Otherwise (some mod is for a previous game version) the patch must be above the old mod.

If you have troubles with the core update:
  • check that it was installed in the right folder (its defaults are not correct in some cases)
  • if it is Vista or later, it is probably better not to install the game to Program Files (problems with UAC and virtual folders, see the next item)
  • if Vista or later, verify C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore folder, delete SABOW folder there, and reinstall it to a different folder (not Program Files)
  • verify that you have the latest DirectX
  • install MS redist updates from docs\support\redists folder (or from Microsoft itself http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347)
  • disable antivirus (they are troublesome!)
  • sometimes a reboot helps (this one is probably an effect of one of the previous items)

Krabb last time I checked you also made ISABOW possible. Even if it was a FAIL in popular terms. But the energa rifle grenade, m106 spm, m113a1 with recoiless where cool IMO. biggrin

#3790831 - 06/02/13 06:57 AM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
Krabb Offline
Krabb  Offline

The link a gave is to "my" version. Or are you speaking about controllable vehicles? I remember they were in half working state still. biggrin

#3790834 - 06/02/13 07:14 AM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Dont remind me......SO many hours on that. Well and Isabow so under downloaded. sad. Just took to long to get up and going. So many had moved on in game terms.

#3790902 - 06/02/13 02:53 PM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: Krabb]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Just my two cents on SABoW and why it never really caught on.

Playable MBT's.
Not to disrespect or belittle anyone's hard worked too improve SABoW (way more then I could ever hope to do) but the main opportunity of what should have been addressed in SABoW first by the modders was really missed I hate to say. But lets just call a spade a spade here. Having a new energa grenade rifle, M113a1 and M106a1, F5E AI models in game while all great improvement for SABoWs gameplay unfortunately are just not going to be the major spark that brings an influx of modders wanting and looking to improve SABoW. Making the AI MBT's in SABoW user playable would have done just that and I believe everything would have eventually flowed from that. I honestly don't want to sound ungrateful for what you guys have accomplished, talking smack isn't my style, but guys it is what it is. My conclusion is based on a comparison with SABoW and another Graviteams title SFK42. Both share a lot of parallels and had the same problems in their initial release form when it came to user playable armor. SFK42 struggled early on (here in the western community anyway) and very few played it or actually heard of it. The turning point for SFK42 and it's modding success in the very big picture was when the playable PzII, PzIIIJ/1, StuG III mod from Mikhayl was made. It's my firm belief that this one mod and the following SPM mods really saved SFK42 from becoming an obscure title like SABoW. Unfortunately for SABoW's it's two playable MBT (and only one of those is playable in all campaigns) was a big problem that really needed a priority concentrated group effort to change or improve first before anything else. Andrey12345 did state very early on that it was possible for modders to make the AI MBT's user playable in SABoW without the 3D crew stations as a quick solution. He also said those 3D crew stations could be added later by someone with the skills, reference material and time to do it just as Kyth did for the PzIII and Kv-1 in SFK42. Which both started out as AI only and when first made user playable did not have 3D crew stations either btw. But for some reason this one most important mod never materialized for SABoW. It's about choice comrades and SABoW does not give you any when it comes to MBT's.
cheers

"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
#3791132 - 06/03/13 01:33 AM Re: [SABOW] Quick Start for Beginners [Re: godzilla1985]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
No I agree. All those little projects where learning tools walking towards playable tanks. SABOW was COMPLEX as hell under the hood. It HAD to be due to simulation level of the tanks. Which was why there was only 2 tanks. Making the other tanks playable was possible but the learning curve was vary large. Donken sort of got his tiger working in sabow. I got my m113, m113 with recoiless, and that reworked oliphant kind of playable. BUt never got any of them really useable. Krabb and myself where close to solving. We released ISABOW to just get something out there. Why it was called part1. LOL> But in the end total fail as a mod and I was just not smart enough to reverse engineer playable tanks it a fully usable way. I was smart enough to make fully working AI usable stuff.

RIght now I am simply discouraged all around. If I had my way I would make graviteam due 2 things.

1. MAKE a gtos style game or BIG dlc devoted to western ww2. I AM NOT KNOCKING eastern front. That is the sole of GTOS/APOS. BUT limited appeal in west for mass market. I fear for mius. I will get day 1 and i am sure love the thing to death but average joe in West never heard of any of this.

2. Adapt GTOS assest into a tank/vehicle sim. THe models are made and payed for. They are EXACTLY the same if used in a tank sim or GTOS. Due to complex nature of fully working tanks round out with playable halftracks and more simple vehicles. AND if possible without lowering tank features....rework code for more easy for mod types.

3. Hire me LOL. biggrin ok that was a funny.

But lets face it of the stuff I made.... THE f5, g3, m2hb, are now in GTOS DLC's. They are getting more traction there than they ever got in SABOW. ALso there are other things of mine I have made or are in various states of DONE that could also end up in GTOS at some point. As making content guy, it sort of makes you happy when lots of folks are out there somewhere getting their forces blown up by something you made. biggrin

Last edited by FlashBurn; 06/03/13 02:14 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.