Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 108 of 240 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 239 240
#3789467 - 05/30/13 02:32 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge *** [Re: eno75]  
Rider Offline
Rider  Offline

Eugene, Oregon
Hey Mol, I was in an A10, not playing GC (No combined arms). A totally agree with Peally on this.. It was pretty manageable and great fun. I love missions where you can just stow the pod and look out the window for targets, roll in with guns or bombs..

that is until the whole Warsaw Pact was making a beeline for the top of that hill smile.. I remember flying over the area and looking at my tank finder display, and the whole thing was just covered with Ls in circles..That was the "We're going to need a bigger boat" moment for me smile Seems we just couldn't haul enough out there quick enough..

My frames started pretty good, 20ish, I would imagine, but on my last trip to base I turned on the frame counter and saw it pegged at 7, I decided I had had enough. frown

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3790073 - 05/31/13 02:19 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
I have a new mission - The Road To Persa - that may be ready for action tonight. It is just Blue Hueys and Warthogs, very little air defense, a 40 mile canyon looking for a Red forward operating base, and a low ceiling, of course.

Question for everyone - what should External Views and F10 be set to? Externals On, and F10 = Fog Of War?

---

I plan on this being my last mission, for a while. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy...

---

My new processor and SSD arrived. Will install those into Hollo Pointe this w/e.

WC

#3790095 - 05/31/13 02:51 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Rider]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Originally Posted By: Rider
Hey Mol, I was in an A10, not playing GC (No combined arms). A totally agree with Peally on this.. It was pretty manageable and great fun. I love missions where you can just stow the pod and look out the window for targets, roll in with guns or bombs...

My bad Rider... I think I ment to say Bast. But I ain't sure who the red GC was now... LOL

#3790097 - 05/31/13 02:56 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
I have a new mission - The Road To Persa - that may be ready for action tonight. It is just Blue Hueys and Warthogs, very little air defense, a 40 mile canyon looking for a Red forward operating base, and a low ceiling, of course.

Question for everyone - what should External Views and F10 be set to? Externals On, and F10 = Fog Of War?...

...Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy. Too much work and not enough play makes WC a dull boy...

WC... Snap out of it... Quick someone grab an A-10 we got to get this fella some help!!!...

Here is my opinion:

Fog of War- I like Fog of War for missions I am familiar with but hide and seek is fun too. I am game either way.

External views- need to be ON for the purpose of the awesome Screen Shots we see posted.

#3790101 - 05/31/13 03:00 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
--- Trailer ---

The Road To Persa -
Blue a/c COOP, CA

Persa is southwest of Khashuri along the U8 Highway.

The RDR is attempting to establish a forward base along this route.

Blue UH-1B Hueys and A-10C Warthogs must counter this Red ground threat.

--- Soon To Be Released ---

WC

COOL UH-1B... The early 204s I love the way they look... Kind of a Sporty Huey.

#3790196 - 05/31/13 05:35 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wheel_S7 Offline
Wheel_S7  Offline

Plattsburgh,NY,USA
WC.. Sounds fun..Looking forward to it copter

old_simmer

#3790331 - 05/31/13 10:37 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Flat tires are merely fate's way of telling you that you need more time to surf SimHQ!

#3790500 - 06/01/13 01:52 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
The Road To Persa- wow that was a blast. Had fun with that mission. I can't wait to try it again.coop with Huey's and A -10s worked pretty well. And the terrain was perfect mile and miles of confined space...lol

#3790544 - 06/01/13 03:53 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Rider and I Went back at it after many of you cleared out and went after the AAA / SAM threat near WP 2. We both trimmed our loadout a bit. A few other guys came in as we RTB'd but I'm not sure how it ended up.

Was kind of a nice finish to the mission, actually- Rider and I did a formation landing and went to park up... I took a wrong turn and ended up on a taxiway I thought had a pullout- but we ended up back against the runway. We held short and just as we were about to leave another A-10 headed off into the sunrise to continue the mission in our place. Was pretty cool.

Anyway I didn't get much play-time in the overall mission but it sounds like it was a lot of fun! Nice work Crew!

#3790556 - 06/01/13 04:11 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Exactly my thought, too - that was a blast!

Glowing orange barrels!

I played a Red Ground Commander. Had fun, stayed in the Blue TS channel so I could hear folks talk about the mission - it was the debut...

Red forces are shooting at a passing Huey on the far left -

I was in the tank trying to turn the turret to get a bead on this harassing Huey - the Huey won -

Here's a Google map of the Road To Persa -

At one point someone was in a Blue GC slot and announced they were popping green smoke, so I popped green smoke all around me.. arr arr.

---

Got to take Hollo Pointe off line today for a hardware upgrade. May not be back up until tomorrow...

And my home machine decided to go all static like, so I'm troubleshooting that - sound card or speaker system? Wonderful. Not.

WC

#3790561 - 06/01/13 04:21 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
Yeah, that was me in Blue GC...it was confusing at first. I spent the next 30 minutes saying "Stop shooting at the friendlies!" Everyone thought I was you, lol.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
#3790573 - 06/01/13 04:49 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
neaner

"Your ballroom days are over, baby"

Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
#3790600 - 06/01/13 05:33 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
Oh that's mature...lol
grrr

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
#3790605 - 06/01/13 05:56 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Rider Offline
Rider  Offline

Eugene, Oregon
Yeah Eno, we couldn't have ended up in a better shut down area if you had planned it.. I should have though to take a screen shot of that lone A10 taking off.. The sun and pink clouds made for a really nice ending.

That was the most fun I have had flying in a long time.. The mission design was pretty damn stellar, and everyone seemed to be thinking really tactically last night. Mutual support, great comms, talented pilots.. Doesn't get much better.

Can we play it again tonight? smile

Eno, here is that Bino zoom mod we talked about..

Go here:
C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View

In server.lua, do this:
Line 44 CameraViewAngleLimits = {5.000000,100.000000},

For the second number there, I changed mine to 100 from 140, as it puts a stop on the view out at a normal cockpit position instead of zooming out so far the cockpit becomes all fish eyed, long and wonky.. (Unless the mission creator fails to delete his view stuff left over in the mission file.)
This works for all AC in the sever.lua. Find the AC you want, and make the changes..

Last edited by Rider; 06/01/13 05:59 PM.
#3790650 - 06/01/13 08:02 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
LOL Raptor -- last night, too! You said something like, "Friendlies behind the green smoke. Don't shoot beyond the green smoke." So I popped about six green smokes around me, and repeated what you said. smile I'll post a wish over at DCS Forums to separate smoke colors between the coalitions.

Thanks Rider!
I have to make some edits to Persa to correct a few things. The big deal is I'm putting in a new SSD and CPU into Hollo Pointe - I'm running the data migration on the SSD now. It will really depend if I need to re-install Win 8 after I swap out the processor.

WC

#3790709 - 06/01/13 11:03 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Man does my blood pressure go up when CPU socket pins get bent.

It'll be tomorrow before Hollo Pointe is back on-line. I spent most of the afternoon straightening a few socket pins before the machine would boot. Got an RMA number but kept at it and was able to get it working again. That was close...

---

DCS World needs a re-install. It's giving me Access Denied - prolly cause I changed the HDD out to an SSD.

WC

#3790710 - 06/01/13 11:11 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Yeah- talk to Tomcat about bent pins... kept him out of service for awhile.

#3790720 - 06/02/13 12:21 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
beercheers

Cheers to 'Eno from "Eno's Firehouse" fame' with a credit in the Smlod Version 7.0 Manual -
http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=82648&d=1369789738

WTG buddy!

WC

#3790746 - 06/02/13 01:27 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Thanks crew smile

It's been neat being on the testing phase of that project, actually- just needed to submit logs almost every day... hopefully it'll help to make all our gaming experiences better.

The new version has a highly tailorable autokick feature that considers the amount of time you've been in flying and calculates it against your TKs at varying rates. Takes a bit to get used to- but it's moving in the right direction.

#3791347 - 06/03/13 03:07 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Hollo Pointe is holding its own. The SSD upgrade was quite easy - Samsung provided a migration tool that copied over all the HDD data and I was able to log in to the computer on both accounts w/o any trouble. I did have to make a few adjustments in the BIOS and with another Samsung tool called Magician(?) to optimize the SSD for performance. I am impressed with the SSD and want to upgrade my home machine with one, now. It is a 256 GB and I'm using about 80 GB with Win 8 Pro and DCS World installed.

The CPU install was another matter - I tried to wipe off some thermal paste from the side of the socket and the towel caught about 5 pins in the socket - I knew I was in trouble as soon as it happened. Lucky for me we have one of those magnifiers that you strap onto your head and I was able to just make out the pins and got them straightened back out with a needle. It took about 8 tries with re-installing the CPU, paste and heat sink each time. It was either that or send it in for someone else to do.

After the SSD and CPU upgrades, Win 8 wanted me to re-activate over the phone, and that went fine, too.

I had to re-install DCS World, too, as it would not run after the hardware upgrades.

---

Finished up the three pages of edits smile to Road to Persa that I wrote down Friday night. I posted the mission late yesterday afternoon, but when I got back a few hours later the Red had captured the Blue FARP but the event trigger did not work to flip the mission. That trigger was a (Red) Coalition Has FARP type and F10 showed the area was clearly all Red, but interestingly, the F10 View did not show the FARP's symbol. I changed that event to a All Of (Blue) Coalition Out Of Zone which I have confidence in.

This week, I'll get all the rest of the older missions edited for the latest v124 -- and that should be it for me and edits for a while.

I'm kinda holding back on running the S'paign missions until Combined Arms offers GC control of AI a/c. That feature is critical to those mission scenarios.

Oh yeah, the new v7.0 Slmod is running fine. I am using the default settings for all of the new variables and the MOTD. It kept the old Ban and Admin lists. Also the new method of the Render3D and Start On Pause settings did retain their previous values now that those settings are in the \<user>\Saved Games\DCS directory.

WC

Page 108 of 240 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.