Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#378838 - 02/06/01 12:56 AM The mig is out of the hangar  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

... and maybe it can get into your HD!!!

Cheers

Manbat

manbat@tiscalinet.it

Manbat's lair

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#378839 - 02/06/01 09:57 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
clansman1 Offline
clansman1  Offline

Scotland
Hey Manbat old bean, where do you get your superb range of funny smiley's from?? My girl freind loves them and asks me to send her more all the time BTW Formula 1 on the way ??????

KONA and the Seven Stanes. No better combination
#378840 - 02/06/01 02:22 PM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi my Scottish friend!

Teel your girlfriend to go to http://www.html.it and search for the forum...

You sould be able to see a smiley face on the top left of your screen, click there et ovoilà!!!

Cheers

Manbat

manbat@tiscalinet.it

Manbat's lair

#378841 - 02/06/01 03:09 PM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
clansman1 Offline
clansman1  Offline

Scotland
Many thanks my friend, I'll point her to the link

#378842 - 02/06/01 11:16 PM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Manbat! Well how do you think Ferrari Will do this year! (Pretty Stupid Question!
Recipe: 1. Micheal Schumacher
1. Ferrari F1 Race Car.

Blend: Micheal Schumacher into Ferrari Race Car and let race around Track for reqiured laps.

Results: Hakinen finishing Second!

#378843 - 02/07/01 09:45 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
SGT Impaler Offline
SGT Impaler  Offline

Ohio
I really do hope the othere teams in Formula 1 catch up to mclaren and Ferrari.
I would like to see BAR and Jordan to win some races. Also williams is due for one.

Impaler

#378844 - 02/07/01 09:56 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
clansman1 Offline
clansman1  Offline

Scotland
i agree, would bw good to see some of the other teams go for gold. I follow David Coulthard and to a lesser extent McLaren but it would make a change to see williams, benneton or even jordan fighting for the championship. But...can these teams catch up with the big two?

stay well

#378845 - 02/07/01 10:26 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea! Know kidding! I would like to see some better manufactuer competion. The other teams just don' thave the financing. Ferrari and Mclaren have got the bucks so they get the top prize. SAD! Some people I know have stop watching the F1 series due to the overwelming dominance of Ferrari and Mclaren. I still watch religously. It is like watching Fighter jets, only in race car form.

#378846 - 02/07/01 11:07 PM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

what can I say except you hit the jackpot!

Yeah I fell for Ferrari since I was a kid (as almost everybody here in Italy). It was quite a deliverance to have finally won after 20 long years the world championship. If there is a GOD somewhere it is time for AS Roma football team to do the same (concerning Serie A of course)!

Cheers

Manbat

manbat@tiscalinet.it

Manbat's lair

#378847 - 02/08/01 04:44 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Villeneuve!!

I really hope the new BAR and the drivers can push forward to challenge hard for third place and who knows... with all the new design spec in the cars to make the new 2001 regs, there might be some suprises.

Anyone else notice how radically different the nose of the Ferrari is compared to the rest? MacLaren has always had the sloping nose while Ferrari had the stright one. Now Ferrari slopes a ton while MacLaren's is straight out.

Be interesting to see how this plays out!

------------------
Cheers,

Stinger

Owner of the Flanker FBO
http://stinger.flanker-arena.com

#378848 - 02/08/01 05:15 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stinger, you must be from Canada. Villenueve is one tough race car driver. Does he still show up to the races looking like a Rock Star. He is definatley the bad boy of F1. Have Fun!

MANBAT! Hey wasn't that a awesome finish last year. Wasn't it in Japan. Micheal would go and get fast lap for pole, then Mika would go out and beat his time by 2\10 of a sec. Then Mike would go out and win it back. Each driver would just sit in his car in the garage watching the other driver go for fast lap. Man that was intense. I mean it was the kind of racing season you only see in the movies. Can you imagine, the pure Adrenalin each driver must have felt when going out and trying to get a faster lap. Just freegin' awesome! The crash at Monza was just devastating. But it was sweet to see Ferrari win Monza. What a win for the home crowd. Even with the new chicane in turn one. Who was the driver, I think it was the Jordan team. I can't remeber, Anyway he kept blowing through the new chicane. The Red Bull Team. Oh well here is to what I hope will be another awesome season to the finest racing in the world. "GENTMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!"

[This message has been edited by Greb (edited February 07, 2001).]

#378849 - 02/09/01 12:52 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

#378850 - 02/14/01 08:03 PM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
Snowfalcon Offline
Snowfalcon  Offline

Reno, Nevada, USA
Hi Guys,

As a long time fan of F1 and Indy cars(CART)I hate to admit this but...

... I love NASCAR!
The good ol boys have really got racing wired. keep the rules pretty much the same year to year. Keep the sponsors and car makers happy. Have races with many, many lead changes and the outcome in doubt till the last 1/2 lap and you get the fastest growing motor sport on the planet. After all the years Chevy, Ford, and Pontiac have on the circut, Dodge walks in with a new car and takes the pole at DAYTONA. Thats competition.

Oh Yea Forca Ferrari!!!!

------------------
Snowfalcon out

No matter how high the price of success,it is still far less expensive than the price of failure

Snowfalcon13 99th-VFS
Shot at and missed S*** at and Hit!

MSI P6N Diamond
Intel Q6600 quad @ 2.4GHz
4 GB OCZ DDR2 800
Win 7 Professional 64bit
WD 150GB RaptorX C drive
WD 74GB/16MB Raptor F4AF/FSX install
GeForce 8800 GT 512MB

#378851 - 02/15/01 02:22 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also love NASCAR. I grew up on it! "Racin'"......it's all good!

#378852 - 02/15/01 06:23 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I frankly am amazed at all the people that whine about "they just drive in circles!" That's why they don't race the track alone, people!! I don't watch qualifying for that reason. Personally, I find modern F1 very boring. A race where people usually finish in the order they qualified? Why race? Why not qualify and go home?
I'd like to see an F1 race last 500 miles just once and see how many finish.
The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#378853 - 02/16/01 06:16 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
vonManstein Offline
vonManstein  Offline

Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by jedimaster:
I frankly am amazed at all the people that whine about "they just drive in circles!" That's why they don't race the track alone, people!! I don't watch qualifying for that reason. Personally, I find modern F1 very boring. A race where people usually finish in the order they qualified? Why race? Why not qualify and go home?
I'd like to see an F1 race last 500 miles just once and see how many finish.
The Jedi Master

I'd like to see the NASCAR boys try and drive in the rain for just 50 miles and see how many finish

#378854 - 02/16/01 06:46 PM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Racing in the rain on ovals isn't allowed, too dangerous. Same with CART, no oval racing when it rains. But on the 2 road courses they race in the rain, should it happen. But one of those 2 is in an arid region of So Cal, so it's not much of a concern. It's mostly Watkins Glen, in NY, that has to worry. You might remember some F1 races there in years past?
The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#378855 - 02/17/01 01:31 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
SGT Impaler Offline
SGT Impaler  Offline

Ohio
There is no Comparison between F1 and NASCAR.

NASCAR has restricter plates on the engines there by everyteam are really close.
F1 relies more on the tires aerodynamics and horsepower, besides F1 engines rev at 17000 rpm compared to half that in Nasacar and the cars weigh in at around the same as a mini.
F1 races are only about 200-250 miles and they do have a maximum time limit of 2 hours.
In NASCAR a race can go on for 6 hours and hundreds of laps and everytime there is a puff of smoke or someone slows for some reason out comes the yellow flag. How many NASCAR races end under caution? lots.
Every race car driver wants to be a F1 driver because it is the pinnacle of racing not your back woods country bumpkin turning left 2000 times.
I would like to know how they come up with the points for standings in NASCAR.
I do like alot of Nascar especially the superspeedways like Daytona and michigan.

Impaler

#378856 - 02/18/01 11:31 PM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
Okay, after watching Daytona, you can't tell me F1 races as close as Nascar! When do you ever see open wheel cars that close that long? Besides the start F1 cars sit behide and wait for the opportunity to pass, Nascar drivers make the opportunity to pass.

When they drive around the whole track w/ less than 3 inches between each car, that to me says enough right there..

------------------
TG out
I feel the need, the need for speed!

XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
#378857 - 02/19/01 06:03 AM Re: The mig is out of the hangar  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler:
There is no Comparison between F1 and NASCAR.

NASCAR has restricter plates on the engines there by everyteam are really close.
F1 relies more on the tires aerodynamics and horsepower, besides F1 engines rev at 17000 rpm compared to half that in Nasacar and the cars weigh in at around the same as a mini.
F1 races are only about 200-250 miles and they do have a maximum time limit of 2 hours.

Restrictor plates are only on the superspeedways to slow them down. Under normal conditions, they never take their foot off the gas...cars go too fast with 800hp if you never lift!
What does an F1 cost? What does a stock car cost? There could NEVER be 43 cars in an F1 race--there isn't enough money!

Quote:

In NASCAR a race can go on for 6 hours and hundreds of laps and everytime there is a puff of smoke or someone slows for some reason out comes the yellow flag. How many NASCAR races end under caution? lots.

The reason the cautions fly is because there are 43 cars, and like today proved, one mistake takes out 18 cars! Do you think if someone wrecks by the finish line with 5 laps to go they shouldn't throw a caution, just let the other cars try and snake thru?

Quote:

Every race car driver wants to be a F1 driver because it is the pinnacle of racing not your back woods country bumpkin turning left 2000 times.
I would like to know how they come up with the points for standings in NASCAR.
I do like alot of Nascar especially the superspeedways like Daytona and michigan.

Impaler

Why do people ALWAYS bring up this turning left crap? Do you watch a race with 1 car on the track? Pretty boring, huh? Seems like half the F1 races are decided in qualifying and after 1 lap the cars rarely see each other, so they might as well not bother racing!
Know why so many people want to drive F1? Michael Schumacher made $50 million last year.

As for points, you get 5 pts for leading a race, 5 pts for leading the most laps, and then pts are awarded based on finishing position, from 175 for 1st to 31 for 43rd.
The Jedi Master

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.