Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3778270 - 05/06/13 05:36 PM Black Powder Red Earth.  
Enven Offline
4th Horseman of the Apocalypse...
Enven  Offline

Lat: 33.7669444 Long: -118.188...
So, I was going to post this in the Land Combat Chat area but I thought I'd throw it out here and mention it amongst the community. A good friend of mine, Jon Chang is currently working on this awesome game I thought I'd share with everyone - I know, I know, it sounds like a promo or something but I thought I'd present it to you all so that maybe some folks would put in their likes/dislikes about the game and the conceptual design of it!

Here is a bit of a statement about the game...

Quote:

Echelon Software has begun development of a new game set in the Black Powder \\ Red Earth universe. The title is a 2D isometric tactical action game where players control 2 man cell teams conducting capture-kill night raids in cities across Syria and Northern Iraq.

The game is class driven, offering a diversity of tactics and strategy without sacrificing run-and-gun shoot outs. It's a game where stealth is a means to approach and assess a target, not an end state. Inspired by Syndicate(the Bullfrog title) and Squad Leader, the game also draws heavily from our experiences in our "other" jobs at Haley Strategic Partners.

Echelon designer Jon Chang, is one of the architects of the Disruptive Environments program at HSP. The mission templates and scenarios in this new game are largely drawn from the force-on-force assymetric warfare and battlespace hunter programs he has developed with HSP. That means, no race to save the President, betrayed by command, stop the nukes from making it to the US or prevent the Russian separatists from taking the reigns of power. It's a very "straight" war game based on exactly what is going on in the region.

Like our graphic novel series, we are tapping dozens of real-world SME and regional ex-patriates to insure not only authenticity but a believable battle space for players to engage with.

The game is being developed for desktop Mac, PC and potentially Linux with tablet support likely to follow successful launch of the desktop version. Learn more here: http://www.rockethub.com/projects/16025-black-powder-red-earth

http://studio-grey.com/bpre/images/bpre_visualization.jpg
http://studio-grey.com/bpre/images/bpre_cover.jpg
http://studio-grey.com/bpre/images/bpre_concept.jpeg

Now, I am totally backing this game cause I feel that the concept and gameplay style reminds me of the xcom/boardgame type of feel - not only are you eliminating the enemy but each move you make is vital to your survival. I can definitely say that there is a lot more to come - and I really have the stoke for it!

Well, if anyone else wants to chime in and ask q's I can always relay them or answer them direct...

Cheers!
Enven

Admin edit: Hot linked IMG tags removed

RIP Kevin "Positive G" Speichts
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3778297 - 05/06/13 06:09 PM Re: Black Powder Red Earth. [Re: Enven]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Interesting concept. I'm not huge into the ridiculous amount of blood effects in that first screenshot but the game itself sounds good. Can't hurt if Haley Strategic is involved either.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#3778302 - 05/06/13 06:27 PM Re: Black Powder Red Earth. [Re: Peally]  
Enven Offline
Enven  Offline

Lat: 33.7669444 Long: -118.188...
Originally Posted By: Peally
Interesting concept. I'm not huge into the ridiculous amount of blood effects in that first screenshot but the game itself sounds good. Can't hurt if Haley Strategic is involved either.

Peally,
Yeah, the gratuitous amount of violence you may be seeing here is conceptual art - based off their Graphic Novel work...The primary focus (From what I've heard) is going to be geared toward the tactical/psych attributes of a disruptive environment.

Haley and the Studio are definitely a huge influence based off of countless hours of training/experience/etcetera...

That is definitely what kept me reeled in.

RIP Kevin "Positive G" Speichts

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.