Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3773927 - 04/27/13 12:48 AM Star Citizen: Last Chance  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/the-aurora-revealed/

Looks like they are about to launch their new website. So the last chance to buy a pledge ship with lifetime insurance (on this last aurora) is right now. If they make 10mil (doubtful lol) then everyone who currently pledged (between the end of the funding drive and before the new site goes online) will get lifetime insurance on all their ships bought.

Even if you are not interested, the aurora pdf is pretty cool.

#3773938 - 04/27/13 01:47 AM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
CTR69 Offline
CTR69  Offline

New site goes up in the end of May, so it's no quite there yet. The brochure is really cool, although i'm a 300i fan...

#3773941 - 04/27/13 01:56 AM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Feetwet Offline
Son of Birmingham
Feetwet  Offline
Son of Birmingham

Houston, Tx
I was just looking at the main website and it says the lifetime insurance was over last November. Is this deal for current subscribers or just a new deal?

S

MWO callsign Feetwet
#3773953 - 04/27/13 02:31 AM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

This deal is the last chance to get lifetime insurance. The aurora that is on sale right now will have LTI. if they make 9mil/10mil (i forget which one.) then they are going to give all current subscribewrs lifetime insurance with the ships they currently have bought.

#3775147 - 04/29/13 11:56 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/aurora-sale-thanks/

Looks like they made their 9million stretch goal. All sales from now until the new site (4th of may) will have lifetime insurance.

#3775168 - 04/30/13 01:52 AM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Azshal Offline
"Call me Az"
Azshal  Offline
"Call me Az"

Near VSFB, California
I can't even find on the website what all the ships look like.

#3775177 - 04/30/13 02:10 AM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Thanks for the heads-up! I'm trying to get some friends motivated. If they don't get with it, I may just have to get on board without their input / plans.

#3775204 - 04/30/13 03:33 AM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Azshal]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted By: phd_doc
I can't even find on the website what all the ships look like.

Aurora
300i
Freelancer
Hornet
Cutlass
Constellation

I think those are the only ones left to pledge for. They had other limited number ships but you can no longer get them.

#3775411 - 04/30/13 02:58 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Azshal Offline
"Call me Az"
Azshal  Offline
"Call me Az"

Near VSFB, California
I pledged for the 300i initially. I probably won't pledge for any more ships. IMO, the price is ridiculous. Sure I would like to fly a Hornet, but $110 for a ship? I choose not to.

I have not been following this game like I probably should have, but I have other (better) things to do than trawl the forums for a game that isn't even in alpha yet.

Come alpha, I will probably devote more time to it (amd complain about my 300i being constantly blown up by hornets).

Last edited by phd_doc; 04/30/13 03:18 PM.
#3775423 - 04/30/13 03:14 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
I checked Star Citizen out and after my recent deep dive into X3, I finally decided to pledge for the Aurora plus on Sat, but their web site gave me a webserver error on submit in the credit card purchase page and my account shows no pledge but my credit card shows the pledge charge.

I emailed their billing customer support address on Sat as their support pages say, and have yet to hear back, and my account still shows no pledge...sigh.

I guess I will give them a few more days to reply to my support email or make the pledge show up on my account, after that I will follow up with my CC company to stop/reverse the payment.

Obviously not the kind of thing that leaves me impressed with a new company that takes money for microtransactions, Kickstarter is so much easier/reliable, the least they can do is reply to billing support in a timely manner.
darkcloud

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#3775429 - 04/30/13 03:21 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: kludger]  
Azshal Offline
"Call me Az"
Azshal  Offline
"Call me Az"

Near VSFB, California
Originally Posted By: kludger
I emailed their billing customer support address on Sat as their support pages say, and have yet to hear back, and my account still shows no pledge...sigh.

Try to be patient. I crowdfunded with them directly (not KS) and didn't have a problem. I am sure they will get it figured out. They did get a lot of new traffic with the LTI incentives.

Frustrating, I know, and a little head scratch worthy, but give them a chance. Trust your auntie Az biggrin

#3775438 - 04/30/13 03:35 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Yeah will try to stay patient, I was pretty excited about this once I checked it out and knowing other SimHQ'ers will be present, so definitely hoping they get this resolved.

I'm spoiled by prompt support from most other online purchase experiences, will hang in there for a bit longer and try to give them a chance.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#3775485 - 04/30/13 04:42 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I spent more money on this game that I should have but honestly if they make half of their promises come true it will be worth it.

110 for a ship... yea that is expensive but I would give them 110 just to ensure that this game gets made and gets made well. This will be the first MP/COOP space trading (semi-sim) where you can walk around your ship and have FPS mode or coop the SAME ship. That alone makes it worth the money for me.

#3775499 - 04/30/13 05:16 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Azshal Offline
"Call me Az"
Azshal  Offline
"Call me Az"

Near VSFB, California
You bring up a good point Master. After having thought about it some more, $110 is not a lot of money. Why?

It all depends on how dumb you are. Now, personally, I am dumb. Why do I say that? Because I have a lot of anecdotal evidence to that fact. Let me enumerate:

Exhibit A:

I played SWG for 17 months. I had 4 accounts. That amounts to $200 for the initial software plus $60 a month for 17 months, or $1020, in subscription fees.

For a game I can no longer play, even if I wanted to.

Exhibit B:

I played WoW for 2 years at launch ($50+24x$15) for a total of $410. I then picked it back up at Cataclysm and bought the game again, and the expansion packs ($20+$20+$20+$50) and played for maybe another 4 months ($60), for a total of $170. My grand total for WoW sits at $580 (not including the cost of my wife playing). I could play again, if I wanted to, but what happens if/when they turn off the servers?

Closing Argument:

I'm dumb. The evidence is there to see.

So $110, for me, shouldn't be a whole lot. It is a one time thing and I can use it whenever I want, LTI, and (presumably) I can even fly it off-line.

But hitting me with a $110 charge now, with an unplayable game, seems like a lot. Plus, I should be older and wiser now.

Last edited by phd_doc; 04/30/13 05:17 PM.
#3775548 - 04/30/13 06:14 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I fully understand the viewpoint of paying for something that is not even out yet let alone paying over 100 bucks for such a think. That is a HUGE turn off for even me. But with that said this is THE game I have been waiting for since I first booted up elite and then privateer all those years ago. I think I am about 500+ in the hole for this game and I dont regret any of it. (granted I may later if the game gets canceled before release or turns out to suck, but with the team they put together that is unlikely.)

As for the DRM. AFAIK the game will come with 1)SP/COOP campaign that you can play offline or ONLINE. If you play it online what you earn will transfer over to the #2 point. 2)An online MMO open world game that can be played online (with your transfered SP campaign stuff) Offline in SP mode or you can even host your own private server and mod the game or play with your friends. (though what you do on your private server wont transfer over.

To me that is huge and pretty much covers all the bases.

The LTI is interesting in itself. The way that works is you get a base ship and can replace it if destroyed (within a limited game timeframe IE every 3-4 hours so you cant abuse it.) If you dont have LTI then you will have 6-12 months of free insurance on the aurora when the game first comes out. After your insurance runs out then you will have to pay to replace your in game plane. If you cant then you can A)start a new character and buy a ship with starting money or B) crew for an AI ship / player until you make enough cash to buy a ship of your own.

The LTI is not really even needed to effectively play the game. I think they just needed something to entice people to donate money and it seems to have worked well with over 9million in donations sofar.

#3775559 - 04/30/13 06:32 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
No Name Offline
Veteran
No Name  Offline
Veteran

That aurora looks cool. But I pledged $40 to this game during the initial kickstarter campaign, so I'm tapped, at least until they release the game and I can see for myself what they've come up with. Looking forward to it.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
#3775571 - 04/30/13 07:03 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Feetwet Offline
Son of Birmingham
Feetwet  Offline
Son of Birmingham

Houston, Tx
Think I am going to pledge the Aurora. I like the idea of never being reliant on crewing someone elses bucket. I may choose to do so but I don't want to have to.

I was originally worried about the ship insurance. My initial impression was that ship insurance was real world cash, but it looks like it can also be purchased with ingame currency. I hope I am correct on that.

Can't wait to launch the SimHQ Navy...or pirates, whatever.

MWO callsign Feetwet
#3775590 - 04/30/13 08:00 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Everything is bought with in game credits. The only micro transactions will be limited purchases of in game credits for real money. You will be limited on buy a certain amount of in game money per month so as to not allow people to turn the game into pay-to-win but still allow people who cant sink a hundred hours a week to still compete if they wish.

#3775596 - 04/30/13 08:05 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Insurance? As in Eve? Let it lapse and you have to pay for the replacement?
I hope not, I hate it when they add bookkeeping and bill paying to games like this. Sucks the fun out of it. I like MWO's system--just an extra percentage on money and XP plus a mech, but you still have to play the game the same as everyone else.
Maybe I'm wrong about what this insurance deal is.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#3775623 - 04/30/13 08:43 PM Re: Star Citizen: Last Chance [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

The first sounds right. If you are paying your insurance then you get a replacement (basic) version of what you lost. If you have cargo insurance you get back some money on what you lost. If you have full insurance (expansion, upgrades etc) then you get a full replacement. The lifetime insurance you get for buying an early ship is just the basic replacement.

It is just extra book keeping and the cost of the basic insurance will probably be low enough that everyone will buy it.

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-faq/

Quote:
Insurance FAQ
What is insurance?

Pilots in Star Citizen can purchase insurance policies for their ships, modifications and cargo. This ensures that your ship will be replaced and/or its modifications and cargo will be subsidized should you be destroyed in a fight or accident. As in real life, insurance policies must be maintained: you must pay a regular fee in galactic credits (the in-game currency) or your policy will lapse and you will not receive a payout or a ship replacement when your ship is destroyed.
Will this Insurance cost a lot?

Like in real-life insurance should be a relatively small part of your regular in game expenses which will also include paying landing fees, trade tariffs (if in a system with lots of infrastructure and law and order), fuel (if you don’t collect it yourself from a gas giant), buying cargo to trade, hiring help, making upgrades to your ship or even buying a whole new ship.

Some of the additional policies like upgrade or cargo insurance will be rated based on risk levels. Risk level 1 being the safest systems and risk level 5 being the most dangerous system that is insurable for cargo or upgrades. Any risk level over 5 is un-insurable. A risk 3 policy for cargo will cover you for all cargo losses in a risk 3 system or below. The higher the risk level of the policy the more it will cost. As with the base insurance this will not be crippling financially but instead be a reasonable running cost that relates to the risk / reward profile of the systems flown.
How do I get lifetime insurance?

Anyone who pledged for a copy of Star Citizen before November 26, 2012 automatically has lifetime insurance on their pledge ships; this protects the investment you made in the game in perpetuity. Anyone who pledged for a copy on or after November 26th starts with a finite insurance package for their ship. This can be anywhere from 2 months to 12 months depending on the ship and policy type. Lifetime insurance does not exist for modifications or cargo.
What happens if I don’t have insurance?

Your character will have to buy a new ship with any credits he has, or if he doesn’t have enough credits fly missions for a third party (both NPC and player) until he’s earned enough to buy his own ship again.
Will ships I add to my account have lifetime insurance?

Users who registered and bought at least one ship before November 26, 2012 can purchase additional ships with lifetime insurance for the next twelve months of development. Users who registered on or after November 26, 2012 can purchase additional ships with variable length starter insurance policies ranging from two months to twelve months.
Can I gift ships with lifetime insurance?

Yes. Any packages purchased by someone who pledged during the campaign will transfer lifetime insurance to the person they are given. That person will then have lifetime insurance on all of their pledge ships. The ability to gift LTI ships will be disabled at some point in the future, but we will make any plans clear before they are enacted.
Can I trade my lifetime insurance ship?

Yes. The lifetime insurance will follow the ship hull when it is legally sold or gifted. If the ship is stolen or otherwise captured, the policy will not transfer.
Will my insurance carry over to ships I earn in the finished game?

No, and you cannot transfer insurance policies from one ship to another.
Can I use my insurance as an excuse to simply ram other ships to death knowing I will get my ship back?

You can, but this will be a very bad idea as it is inconvenient and time consuming in getting your replacement ship ready to go again. Additionally there will be an increasing delay in replacing your ship every time you make a claim within a certain period of time.
Can I insure alien or one-off ships?

No. The only exception is the limited number of Vanduul fighters sold through the RSI site during the pledge campaign; these ships do have lifetime insurance included.
What will you do to combat insurance fraud?

A ship cannot be sold without a legitimate hull id code. Claiming on the insurance policy invalidates the hull code on your previous ship, so if it was captured or stolen the new owner will be unable to sell the ship at a regular ship dealer. Additionally if you have claimed on a policy and someone is flying the stolen ship in a well policed system, the hull id will mark it as a stolen ship, the law will be after you and landing privileges will be denied on any lawful planet. You will be able to fly a “hot” ship to the less savory parts of the Star Citizen universe, where you will probably be able to land and may be able to purchase a fake hull id code, but it will take effort and not necessarily be cheap.

Finally the Advocacy takes insurance fraud very seriously. If it can be proven that a player has colluded with another player to defraud the insurance company, that hull’s lifetime insurance will be invalidated and the player may have to pay a large amount of credits to keep their record clean and not be marked as a wanted criminal.

Last edited by Master; 04/30/13 08:45 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.