Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3740840 - 02/24/13 08:54 AM Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron...  
IamFritz Offline
IamFritz  Offline

I've been getting everything down pretty well, and with a little spare time am looking to join or fly with an F-15-heavy virtual squadron. There are lots of out-of-date VSqn sites on the web, so I thought I'd come here and ask around. Any suggestions?

Thanksin advance!

Fritz
iamfritz@hotmail.com
http://www.iamfritz.com

Fritz Gunter
iamfritz@hotmail.com
http://www.iamfritz.com <- It's Only Gotten Better

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3740842 - 02/24/13 09:10 AM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: IamFritz]  
JonnyD Offline
JonnyD  Offline

The Fens, UK
Probably better off looking over at LOF

http://www.lockonfiles.com/

I say it as I see it
#3740973 - 02/24/13 04:54 PM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: JonnyD]  
IamFritz Offline
IamFritz  Offline

Thanks!

While I'm here, people should head to my site- just look at my homepage- and see my F-15 art. WIP on the front page there- more better stuff coming this Spring!

See you on LockonFiles forums.

Fritz
iamfritz @ hotmail.com
http://www.IamFritz.com

Fritz Gunter
iamfritz@hotmail.com

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7
#3742890 - 02/28/13 05:08 AM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: IamFritz]  
IamFritz Offline
IamFritz  Offline

Wow. Most of the links over there are broken or European. Any US references?

Fritz Gunter
iamfritz@hotmail.com

#3742916 - 02/28/13 09:05 AM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: IamFritz]  
JonnyD Offline
JonnyD  Offline

The Fens, UK
EDIT: Ah - my apologies, I see you are looking for FC2 squadrons. I think you might struggle a bit there, since the updated F-15 in FC3 came out I think any squadrons using that as their main aircraft will have upgraded to FC3

Otherwise:

I think your best option is simply to ask on their forum - there are squadrons around and people were awlays keen to fly the F-15 as they didn't like the Russian kit. It's still the only US fighter in the ED/DCS stable (but prob on FC3 now).

I can't help more because I used to prefer and hang out with the Russian kit flying crowd and always AG.

LOF doesn't seem to have the following it once did - mainly since FC went to v2 and DCSW came out but it's still the main place other than ED forums where you can find virtual squadron reps for FC titles.

Check this post out at LOF but it's 2 years old and before FC3 release.

Also try these

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Virtual_Squadrons_and_Regiments

there are loads there - US is at the bottom duck

There's also this one which is more current:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34062

I'd say if you can't find what you want in there, you are unlikely to find one at all.

Best option - buy FC3 smile

Last edited by JonnyD; 02/28/13 09:16 AM.

I say it as I see it
#3742922 - 02/28/13 09:26 AM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: IamFritz]  
JonnyD Offline
JonnyD  Offline

The Fens, UK
I've been looking around a lot - nothing.

Good luck and sorry I can't help more - even FC3 F-15 squadrons are thin on the ground and the ones I found won't even let you look at their forum (nice, sociable types...).

Ever thought of starting your own?

Unfortunately, due to some blinkered, uneducated types, FC now has a reputation for being for people who don't have 'what it takes' to fly 'proper' sim aircraft such as those with DCS in the title. There's a lot of sim snobbery around, but I fly both (as do many people) and I see no difference between them as far as enjoying flight simulation is concerned. Unfortunately a lot of people let themselves be swayed by such narrow-minded paranoia.

Last edited by JonnyD; 02/28/13 09:29 AM.

I say it as I see it
#3751238 - 03/15/13 04:50 AM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: IamFritz]  
IamFritz Offline
IamFritz  Offline

I gave FC3 a shot- my integrated GC can't handle it. gorgeous slideshow, tho. Otherwise I'd be all over it.

Thanks for the links. I'll take my time going over them. The one I'd already seen, but like you say, is outdated. Maybe just a couple fliers will do...

Fritz Gunter
iamfritz@hotmail.com

#3773155 - 04/25/13 04:35 PM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: JonnyD]  
Flycats2 Offline
Flycats2  Offline

U.S.
Originally Posted By: JonnyD
I've been looking around a lot - nothing.

Good luck and sorry I can't help more - even FC3 F-15 squadrons are thin on the ground and the ones I found won't even let you look at their forum (nice, sociable types...).

Ever thought of starting your own?

Unfortunately, due to some blinkered, uneducated types, FC now has a reputation for being for people who don't have 'what it takes' to fly 'proper' sim aircraft such as those with DCS in the title. There's a lot of sim snobbery around, but I fly both (as do many people) and I see no difference between them as far as enjoying flight simulation is concerned. Unfortunately a lot of people let themselves be swayed by such narrow-minded paranoia.

Yeah JonnyD I know exactly what you're saying because I've felt the same. However, I've discovered there is another side of the story if you're trying to command a wing yourself. There are many factors, & forgive me for assuming you've never been a CO of a wing, in operating a VFS that can help one understand, e.g., a wing is much more manageable when it is kept smaller in number & only the best members are retained & others are released or refused membership. Some squads clearly want to grow to be the biggest, but have poor organization for many varied reasons and collapse or have little to offer except having a 24-hr server which gets boring after a while. This is not to say that there isn't some "snobbery" out there, but until you try running a squadron it's difficult to understand that a quality VFS takes a lot of time, work, admin & management skills, talent to produce missions, personnel to train noobs, & etc. So, when I'm released from a squadron for lack of skills or my application is turned down for whatever reasons it can be a bitter experience, but there may be good valid reasons in order to keep a given VFS's quality up and enjoy long life.

#3773201 - 04/25/13 06:47 PM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: IamFritz]  
JonnyD Offline
JonnyD  Offline

The Fens, UK
What I meant by snobbery was just people thinking they are superior because they fly 'DCS' aircraft and looking down on the people who prefer to fly the FC series aircraft. I've seen quite a bit of that - even right here on SimHQ forums.

I think you are somehow very much misunderstanding what I said. If you look in the last paragraph I say that quite clearly (well I think it is, anyway wink ).

The bit about forums is that I don't actually think it is just anti-social, but also counter-productive to advertise a virtual squadron and when someone comes along just to have a look and see what it's all about, they find that they can't even read a single thread without having to apply for 'priviliges' first.

If such squadrons would allow people to view the posts - or at least have a 'public' section, it would allow people to form an opinion and would prevent a lot of the 'rejects' that you are refering to, imho.

I wouldn't dream of applying to squadron that I can't do even a basic check on, first.

TBH it looks to me like you are talking of something else entirely.

I say it as I see it
#3773238 - 04/25/13 07:44 PM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: IamFritz]  
Flycats2 Offline
Flycats2  Offline

U.S.
Rgrt - apologies mate.

#3773461 - 04/26/13 07:29 AM Re: Looking to join FC2 F-15 Virtual Squadron... [Re: IamFritz]  
JonnyD Offline
JonnyD  Offline

The Fens, UK
No worries smile

Just a case of crossed wires.

I say it as I see it

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.