Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37
#3762886 - 04/05/13 01:53 AM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

DCS does this because the tire scrubs have a certain size so they spawn periodically centered on the tire. If the spawn was moved aft a bit it could improve the looks though.

#3767127 - 04/13/13 12:05 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

Arafo, Canary Islands, Spain
Quote:
Hello everyone. I'll be keeping a 'sort of' build diary of the MiG-21Bis external model.

Since the release of v1.2.3 thee model started showing a lot of shading and material errors. So obviously it has to be fixed In doing so, I am also updating some parts that look closer to the real deal.

Cheers!

More News to the Front
#3767212 - 04/13/13 04:58 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: 19Igor]  
JonnyD Offline
JonnyD  Offline

The Fens, UK
Originally Posted By: 19Igor
I don't mind learning a few words of Russian..

"A few words.."!!! confused

Have you seen how many switches, knobs and levers there are?

Not a few words, matey - you'll need a whole flippin' dictionary! yep

I say it as I see it
#3767271 - 04/13/13 08:11 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

It's all abbreviated to heck and back too. You'd pretty much have to learn each switch independently.

#3767520 - 04/14/13 03:54 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

RSBN has funtional on the Mig-21Bis

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by User
РСБН моделируется?
РСБН is modeled?

Да. Это уже моделируется и работает.

Yes. We already modelled it and working well.

VOR/DME on next updates?

and don´t worry by Mig-21Bis Model

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1722874&postcount=5
Quote:
The model is already finished previously as you can see on the several WIP pics that I post previously. Now the development and test is based on this previous model. So we already developed a damage model, we have all things that required for other part (coding, test, etc...)
Due we have no final coding Rudel have time to polish the 3D model and this new one will be more realistic that I do in the previous model.. Also due he do 3D works I remain much time to do other things...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1723135&postcount=10
Quote:
Thanks guys! As Beczl says

I'm utilizing a lot of what is already created. I've only had to scratch build a few items. The challenging part is smoothing, so the shadows in game look good.

The damage model is fine and doesn't need to be touch other than aligning.

Back to work now

Mig-21Bis future mission campaings?
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1723789&postcount=2324
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by User
beczl , you have information on the CPP (the course of combat training) and Kulp (course training flight training) on the plane? It would be a good supplement to the model aircraft.
Both the MiG-21UM from Captain Sim. It's very interesting to fly and do the exercises in the volume of these courses, ranging from simple to complex, improving their skills. That is, to fly as pilots flew hundreds of the airplane.

Yes, we have information on the CPP (the course of combat training) and Kulp (up training and flight training). We have real MiG-21bis pilots on our team. We also use a lot of personal and instruction from Afghanistan, Egypt, Syria, veterans I have attached some basic instructions

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 04/14/13 03:55 PM.

More News to the Front
#3770240 - 04/19/13 02:12 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

New navigation video test
http://youtu.be/1cbJ4r9ECfE

More News to the Front
#3772568 - 04/24/13 05:09 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1732208&postcount=34
Quote:
Been a delightful couple weeks /sarcasm It's all good...lol I've been trying to per-fect some smoothing issues along the intake doors, but I'll have to come back too them. In the mean time, I moved onto the front airbrakes and gear doors/blisters. The airbrake actuators wil need some animation adjustment when ready. You'll notice the cutout above the gear doors when a wing gets blown off.

Among other things, I had to cut the fuselage in half and mirror it again. It can be a pain when using the scale tool as it moves vertices without notice. The nose fixed too, not 100% yet.

More News to the Front
#3798344 - 06/18/13 08:19 AM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1730146&postcount=291
Quote:
Now the radar can be recognise and shown tracked and recognised target identity. So basically IFF systems work like other DCS planes.

In real life this works differently. We have several equipment to achieve correct IFF and radar signals.

SOD air traffic control (ATC) transponder equipment/device similar to civilian transponder. It receives Air traffic control (ATC) radar signals, increases aircraft output signal and sends additional data to ATC radar. It’s purpose is to amplify the aircraft signal and enable air traffic controller to identify the aircraft at large distances or in cluttered radar screen. (We can set it up, but in case any other aircraft that has no SRZO-2 shown by MiG-21 as enemy. So we can't be implement fully in current DCSW environment)

SPO-10 RWR - It generate a visual and audio signal when any radar paint the MiG-21Bis even it's friendly or foe. (can't be implement fully in current DCSW environment, the current SPO-10 can receive only enemy signals)

SRZO-2 IFF system - It send and receive IFF signals for ATC and other aircrafts. If IFF switched off or code is not matched as required radars shown as enemy... (can't be implement at current DCSW environment, we working the solution how we can implement this)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108487
Quote:
DCS MiG-21Bis NewsFlash - Issue No.1

New reworked, reshaped and more detailed external model almost complete by -Rudel-. In paralell with other development and according existing plans we'll fully rework plane external textures based one already existing liveries. WIP pics that will be shown new model enhancement will be available very soon.

Brand new cockpit textures based on new graphical effects are almost WIP by RAZBAM-Cobra. You can see the these early WIP pics about new cockpit textures below.
Some detal about cockpit rework from Nick (RAZBAM-Cobra)
Hey folks;

Hope you enjoyed this little peak at whats' cooking.
Detail and realism is paramount to the entire MiG-21 experience, and for me- especially so in the artwork and textures!

Important to just note once again is that this is still Work in Progress! There are errors, stretched UVs, seams, missing specular maps and normals on various parts etc still. So take them with a grain of salt.

Important to note is also that these are not renders, they are completely 100% realtime viewport screenshots in 3ds max. Basically, what you see here is what you'll get inside the sim as well, but with the added bonus of realtime shadowing, making all those mesh-details pop even more.

Can't wait to show you more as we progress, and bring the new VC into a state of completion.

Cheers!
Nick (RAZBAM-Cobra)

AFM implementation it's almost done by dolphin887. Will need to implement better dumper model and correct some coeficcients. After that we make final tunning and if everything work as expected we will have finalized alpha AFM at this weeks.

Minor changes occur at several sub-system side to align our mod to DCS World and implement other new features in relation with weapon system and radar modes.. Also we're eliminated dozens of bugs as business as usual.

Some preview about one of the possible DVD design. See below.
Basic manual are finished. Just need to refresh their pictures and attachments due we have new external and internal models.
Unfortunately the www.dcs-mig21.com still unreachable due the host provider still don't able to fix DNS resolving issue..(No comment) They working on to fix that as soon as possible, but if they don't able to fix it we need to move our host and need to be find an another hosting. Meanwhile you can reach site through http://74.81.191.200/~dcsmigco/

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 06/18/13 08:24 AM.

More News to the Front
#3798349 - 06/18/13 08:31 AM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

I hope this isn't turning into the problem with DNF (no not 13 years) but the catch of changing a whole bunch of things while waiting for someone else to finish something else, and then those changes cause the second person to restart a bunch of things , etc etc etc.

After all , this was supposed to have been out in Dec and from recent updates doesn't look like it is going to be out anytime soon.

You know what I am predicting.

Just before it gets released, he announces that the kickstarter contributors aren't getting their free copy but will have to pay a modest fee because he added so much 'new' stuff that he has to charge for it.

Last edited by Mustang60348; 06/18/13 08:32 AM.
#3798351 - 06/18/13 09:11 AM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

And I predict you're wrong. biggrin
Let's see!

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3798362 - 06/18/13 10:52 AM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Is this still not out? How long is it going to be?

Another twoweeks case?

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3798586 - 06/18/13 07:33 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: Mustang60348]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: Mustang60348
I hope this isn't turning into the problem with DNF (no not 13 years) but the catch of changing a whole bunch of things while waiting for someone else to finish something else, and then those changes cause the second person to restart a bunch of things , etc etc etc.

After all , this was supposed to have been out in Dec and from recent updates doesn't look like it is going to be out anytime soon.

You know what I am predicting.

Just before it gets released, he announces that the kickstarter contributors aren't getting their free copy but will have to pay a modest fee because he added so much 'new' stuff that he has to charge for it.

Agree with the first part. Seeing a bit too much feature creep, and a bit too little tangiable product. Its well past time for at least an open beta.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#3798600 - 06/18/13 08:32 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
nirvi Offline
nirvi  Offline

Switzerland
Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Agree with the first part. Seeing a bit too much feature creep, and a bit too little tangiable product. Its well past time for at least an open beta.

Beczl stated long ago that there won't be a beta of the Mig21. It will be released as a final version.

#3798613 - 06/18/13 09:05 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
good to know this one is progressing well, forgot completely about it.

#3798643 - 06/18/13 10:04 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1790584&postcount=84
Quote:
To coincide with the weekly news flashes now here are my updates on the external model.

As some know, the American summertime can be hectic. Especially in my condition. (I'm quadriplegic) I recently moved houses and have been plucking away at vertices when I can.

At the moment I'm near the last stages. I'm currently going over the cockpit (not to be confused with the virtual cockpit) fitting it into the new hole. Before hand, I spent many late nights adjusting the canopy and windscreen to fit the new fuselage. In the screenshots below, you'll see that I practically exploded the cockpit. This is helping me find layered polygons and stray vertices that took up rendering time.

The other screenshots show details added to the main gear bay, fixed stabilizers, and centering object symmetrically.

Once it is finished, animations will be reworked so that they function properly with EDs updates. The damage model will also need adjusting to the updated model, but should not exactly take a long time to do. Afterwards, I can finally work on rematerializing it and creating new skins.

More News to the Front
#3798708 - 06/19/13 01:44 AM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Rudel involved with this - good news, I remember he was going to edit the Mustang template then he sort of vanished under the radar.

#3798811 - 06/19/13 11:34 AM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: GrayGhost]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

So basically he re-started this entire thing and there will be nothing left from the original work that was done over the last year or so.

Not good at all for a release anytime soon.

#3798812 - 06/19/13 11:36 AM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: nirvi]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Originally Posted By: nirvi

Beczl stated long ago that there won't be a beta of the Mig21. It will be released as a final version.

That isn't good news. IMHO, we won't see the MIG21 this year. Developers who restart project from scratch like this guy has done , usually are years late as he will restart again in a while after ED adds something that he wants to incorporate, which is why I made the DNF reference.

#3798831 - 06/19/13 01:01 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: Mustang60348]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

So basically he re-started this entire thing and there will be nothing left from the original work that was done over the last year or so.

Not good at all for a release anytime soon.

He didn't. He tweaked everything.
And the results are nothing short of impressive for such a small Dev group.

Skepticism is one thing, this is borderline with FUD.
Just... relax. Did you put any money into this?

Either case, chill pill.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3798836 - 06/19/13 01:14 PM Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed [Re: Mustang60348]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: nirvi

That isn't good news. IMHO, we won't see the MIG21 this year. Developers who restart project from scratch like this guy has done , usually are years late as he will restart again in a while after ED adds something that he wants to incorporate, which is why I made the DNF reference.

You couldn't be further from the truth. I wish I could say more; but we are all under an NDA.

Yes, the exterior and interior are getting complete overhauls-- but they're just that; OVERHAULS. And they're not even being done by Bezcl himself, they're being done by 2 hired new artists (that would be myself and Rudel).
Meanwhile Bezcl and another C++ developer are working day in and day out on getting the AFM done. ALL Aircraft & Weapon systems are done!

I am an FS development veteran and have had a hand in more aircraft for various sims than I can count; and believe me when I say that you couldn't be further from the truth.

/Nick
3D/2D @ MilViz, Studio Bezcl & more

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37

Moderated by  Force10, Rudel 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.