The RAF Redux campaign finished on Sept 15, Battle of Britain day, with a mighty aerial battle between the RAF and Luftwaffe in which the RAF prevailed...
But what if the Luftwaffe had won the Battle on that day, and the days immediately afterward?
The Luftwaffe REDUX campaign picks up where that campaign left off, from the point of view of a pilot in the Luftwaffe on the eve of Operation Sealion, the invasion of Britain.
You will follow the invasion fleet across the Channel, cover the beach head as German forces storm ashore, witness large scale land and sea battles from the air as German forces fight for a foothold in England and English forces try to throw them back into the Channel.
Based on the successful Sealion series of single missions (5,300 downloads so far...) and incorporating improved and corrected versions of the best missions from the existing Luftwaffe stock campaign, the Luftwaffe REDUX campaign:
- puts you in the cockpit of a pilot in Stab I/JG53 - the unit which famously rebelled against Goering in 1940
- takes you from the eve of the invasion, defending the barges at Calais, to the culmination of the invasion over the skies and on the streets of London.
- features scripting by Bolox with the same campaign victory system used in the RAF REDUX campaign
- combat AI settings optimised to provide best possible aerial combat experience
- escort, ground support, shipping attack, air convoy, airfield attack, AAA suppression
- daily combat reports using historical photography, track the progress of the invasion
- the same attention to ground object detail at airfields, ports and in cities
- historically appropriate order of battle on both sides, including Axis support by Italian forces
- will make full use of the upcoming TEAM FUSION mod allowing high altitude combat
Work is well underway, check back here for updates.