Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3334436 - 07/04/11 11:55 AM My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Reutlingen, Baden-Württemberg,...
Hello guys and gals,

I´m working on a Profile collection for my trusty old X-52. Right now there are profiles for the Following Airplanes included, A-10A, F-15C, Su-27/33, Mig-29G/A/S, KA-50, F-16 (Falcon 4 AF). So far the FC2 profiles are Version number 0.67 and they should be pretty bug free, the KA-50 Profile is 0.2 meaning an Alpha and the F4AF is 0.14 also and alpha and more a proof of concept and basic to work upon. There are also two Profiles for the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals to simulate toe-brakes in DCS:BS and FC2 and Falcon 4 AF. Except for the Falcon 4 Profiles there are both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP 32-bit versions availlable.

My main goal was to get some profiles that are well working and as similar to each other as it gets, so you don´t have to relearn all the button placements for each aircraft again. Profiles for the Su-25s are in the works, but I don´t know how soon I can release them, I don´t fly them often. biggrin Also the DCS:BS and Falcon 4 Profiles are still Alpha so you can expect some major changes, in the future.

There are some keystrokes files in the document and you should read them as the profiles can be quite complex.

I hope that you´ll find those profiles interesting and report any bugs to me.

Edit:The rapidshare links are dead I replaced them with the Mediafire link
Edit2: New Versions V0.8.0 of the Profile Collection and V.0.8.2 of the Mechwarrior Profiles (MWLL+MWO)

Profile Collection V0.8.0 Mediafire
Mechwarrior Profiles (MWLL+MWO) v0.8.2. Mediafire

This version is outdated, use the links above
Profile Collection 0.7.1 Mediafire

Clear skies and many happy landings

Polarwolf

Last edited by Polarwolf; 12/14/12 04:33 AM. Reason: new versions and pruning dead links

What Comes before a Good simulator landing? The Bad ones!^^
If you keep your humor, you will make it through the darkest of valleys.
#3384834 - 09/07/11 06:46 PM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Well hello again,

It´s time for an update, Version 0.7.0 with some new goodies like an MWLL Profile, revamped Rudder pedal profiles and the Su-25 Profile.

The MWLL Rudder Pedal Profile has given me a real headache the last two months and has held up much of the release. biggrin But I did learn a lot of valuable lessons.

The short Changelog:

-Mechwarrior Living Legends Profiles added, both for the stick and the Rudder Pedals, both are Version 0.3.
-Revamped Wheelbrakes both for DCS:BS and FC2 as well as Falcon 4.0 AF.
-DCS: Blackshark Profile is now Version 0.3 with an rudimentary navmode. Small typo in the readme.
-The Su-25-T profile has been added, a Profile for both the Su-25 and the Su-25T.
-The Modes have been renamed, so you can see better what each mode does.
-Corrections to the Falcon 4 AF profile, it´s now version No. 0.2

This version concludes the development of FC 2 Profiles, save for bugfixing, which frees up for other Profiles, Like DCS:Blackshark, BMS 4 and DCS:A-10C. BMS 4 has priority though.

As always it would be awesome if you could report any bugs you´ll find to me, and give me feeback on what you like and what you don´t like about the Profiles.

Download links:
Profile Collection Version 0.7.0 Rapidshare

MWLL Profiles Rapidshare

You don´t need a premium account as those files are about 200 KB.

Have fun.

Clear skies and many happy landings

Polarwolf

#3404404 - 10/05/11 10:16 PM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Good morning SimHQ! band

Update Time again! biggrin Well the next one will probably take a little while, namely the BMS 4 Profile.

So this will be a short changelog just two big changes.

-ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead Profile for Planes and Helicopters added
-the MWLL Profile has been modified so the Mechs (x-52) Profile also has Jumpjet control and works fully independently of the Chassis (Rudderpedal) Profile.

Downloadlinks:
Profile Collection 0.7.1 Rapidshare

MWLL Profile 0.8 Rapidshare

Have fun and as always feedback makes me happy!

Polarwolf

#3434852 - 11/16/11 12:37 AM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Well a small update, I´m working on the BMS 4 profile and I think I´m pretty much done, I just have to check the keystrokes and stuff and I still need to think about integrating a switch to the gun on the HOTAS. Clicking on an OSB in the pit during a dogfight is not my cup of tea. I can´t telly you when that update will happen since RL is keeping me very busy right now. If somebody would help me with testing it, I would be very grateful.

Greetings

Wolf

#3697897 - 12/12/12 11:28 PM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Unfortunately this is not the BMS 4.32 Profile, which I'm still working on, but a small update.
Since Rapidshare has been a major PITA, I have decided to move my filehosting to mediafire.

So here is the new link to the version 0.7.1

Version 0.7.1 Mediafire
And for all those that wish to use 0.66-RC2
Version 0.66 RC 2 Mediafire

I think that I should be done with the BMS Profile by the end of this year. Well an early version that might be reworked.
Afterwards I will make a Profile based on Kolbes excellent Prest. However Real-Life is determined to intrude! wink

#3698234 - 12/13/12 03:43 PM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Haven't used your profiles but like your posts

Russ
Semper Fi
#3698281 - 12/13/12 05:09 PM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
Thank you for the profiles. Do you have the Saitek pedals too?

Last edited by Punisher5555; 12/13/12 05:11 PM.

3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution.
MSI z68a-gd80 (g3) motherboard
Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk)
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals
Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals
Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse
Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.
#3698568 - 12/14/12 12:18 AM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Punisher5555]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

I use the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals and the Rudder Pedal Profiles (F4AF Rudder Pedal, FC2/DCS Rudder Pedal, MWO Chassis and MWLL Chassis) are meant for those.
What bugs me most about the SST, is that you can't exchange the Profiles between the different sticks, like between the X-52 and the X-52 Pro or the Pro Flight and the Combat Flight Rudder Pedals. And I can't write profiles for other input devices anymore, like I could in the older SST.

Well rwatson, Thank you! (I think!) wink Just joking. wink

Well since I finished the Documentation and all the stuff yesterday, I have a small pre-release gift for you.
Mind you the work on 0.8 isn't finished, however the work on the MWLL and MWO Profiles is.......
As I'm releasing the Mechwarrior Profiles independently of my bigger Profile collection, here is Version 0.8.2 of the Mechwarrior Profiles.

Mechwarrior Profiles Version 0.8.2 Mediafire

Why the new name? Well I put two MWO-Profile, a Profile for Mechwarrior Online in it, it's a small modification of my original MWLL Profiles, with some small edits to make it MWO compatible.
These Profiles will be included in the new Profile collection, coming out this month. (I hope.)
I'll have to do a lot of documentation updates and a maybe I'll iron out some small problems, before I'll release the new version. I' still have to learn some things when it comes to Arma and especially Mandos Missile. And I'm not quite happy with my BMS profile, I'll finish that one, get it to work as good as it can be, before I'll start the work on the Profile based on Kolbes Keyfiles.
Kolbe's Keyfile is superior to the original Falcon Keyfile or the BMS-Keyfile, but a Profile based on that Keyfile will need a new layout, a new concept.
Since that is a whole lot of work, I pushed it back a bit. I don't know if I'll do more work on the F4 Allied Force Profile, I'm not flying it since BMS and there is a shift from AF to BMS.
As for the DCS:Blackshark Profile that one is still BS1 and not BS2, if it still works with BS2 I could finish it. If not, well it's on the backburner until I fly Blackshark again. More like if I'll fly that one again.

Those were the good news, now the bad news, or well the bad one.
I have decided to cease making Windows XP Profiles, so I won't be making any new ones anymore. I don't use it anymore and there are no Windows XP users in my Clan anymore, hence I decided to save me that bit of extra work.

See ya 'round

Wolf

#3698684 - 12/14/12 04:28 AM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Goooooooooooooooooooooodd MMOOOOOOOORRRRRRNNNNNIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGG SimHQ! band
Hot of the press, delivered by an Owens, no I don't own one, the new version 0.8.0!
Yeah this time it's the V0.80 of the Profile collection. It's not perfect, but I thought I should stop procastrinating.....

So what's new? Well, just this:
The BMS 4 Profile added, finally got that one done, version is 0.6.
New X-Plane 10 Fixed wing Aircraft Profile, caution it uses some custom Keycommands, at the moment.
New X-Plane 10 EC-135 Profile, it's for the Rotorsim EC-135 (freeware) Yeah I know, viral marketing, but hey it's free! wink
New Profiles for MWO, those are modifications of the MWLL Profiles. Early Beta!!

The downloadlink:
Profile Collection v0.8.0 Mediafire

What's in the future?
Well certainly there will be a version of the BMS 4 Profile, based on Kolbe's Keyfile. I'm also working on Profiles for both IL-2 1946 (modded) and Cliffs of Dover. Well you can finally play it.
The DCS:BS Profile is on hiatus though.

Now about the Owens Delivery Method. Yeah I'm using it, since the damn Critters are fast, but I don't own one. I hate them with a passion!
Well first you need an Owens Battlemech and a heavy Mech that is fast enough, something like a Loki or Hellbringer. And stick him with your package, for that I'll use a modified NARC Beacon.
Well once you've got the Package attached, you need to scare the crap out of the little bugger, so he starts running as fast as he can.
Do that by shooting at him, mind you don't kill him or the package is lost.
Don't let up and shepherd him to your delivery point.
At the delivery point, make the Package detach. Of course you need a Radio switch for that, and some Kind of parachute. Oh and something to cushion the fall wouldn't be bad, just in case the chute doesn't work.
That's it.
Well ok, the method is not the most effective, but surely the most fun!
Oh yeah and a small fee for repairs and services rendered, plus a drink for the Owens Pilot, helps to sooth hard feelings.

#3699864 - 12/16/12 04:23 AM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
Keep it up! Thank you!

3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution.
MSI z68a-gd80 (g3) motherboard
Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk)
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals
Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals
Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse
Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.
#3711941 - 01/04/13 04:59 PM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
DaveP63 Offline
DaveP63  Offline

Indiana, USA
Thank you for these! Saves me some work. Do you use TIR?

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
#3717980 - 01/15/13 12:19 AM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: DaveP63]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Originally Posted By: DaveP63
Thank you for these! Saves me some work. Do you use TIR?

Hello Dave,

Yes, I use TrackIR so all those profile are made for use with TrackIR. I've been using a TIR 5 for about 2 Years and I never want to go back, hell when I play other games I sometimes turn my hand and I'm a bit miffed when the camera doesn't respond. wink
Playing a Shooter after Arma 2 is annoying, no Headtracker! I WANT MY TRACKIR!!!! wink wink

@Punhsiher555 Thanks, I will, I'm working on some others, one due to my side-job and another due to christmas gift.
As for the ones that are released, I think the X-Plane 10 Profiles need a rework to get them to use standard keystrokes, the Arma 2 Profiles need an overhaul especially the Mandos Missile one and then there is the Kolbe Profile.......
But I warn you all, I'm in the third of four years of evening school, so it might take a while for new profiles to come out. Programming them is easy, testing takes a lot of time, and then there is the only real chore, writing readmes and the Keystroke-files.
The Irony is, normally I love writing! wink

#3718913 - 01/16/13 12:50 PM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: Polarwolf]  
DaveP63 Offline
DaveP63  Offline

Indiana, USA
Me either (TIR 4), thanks! salute

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
#3731396 - 02/06/13 03:22 AM Re: My small profile Collection (FC2, DCS:BS and F4AF) WIP [Re: DaveP63]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Originally Posted By: DaveP63
Me either (TIR 4), thanks! salute

You're welcome!

On a side note, some information, the MWLL profile is not working with the 0.7.1 MWLL version, which is unfortunately the last MWLL version to come.

They have a new Free reticule mode built in, and I haven't had time to figure out, on how to get my X-52 to work with it.

On a the good side Ch3m1kal of the MWLL forums has translated my Profile for the X-52. Unfornunately he hasn't tested it with 0.7.1.

Here's the link to the topic, you will find his version there.
[url=http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,15455.15.html][/url]

Well I also finally found out, how to make X-52 Pro profiles with SST myself, I thought, that the option to make profiles for other devices, was removed from the SST. Turns out, it wasn't. Pending time and no pressing projects, I will work on converting those profiles to the X-52 Pro.
When that comes to pass, I will inform all of you, and then I will need some testers.

Notwithstanding that, anybody who want's to port those profiles to the X52 Pro or another Operating system, is free to do so. Porting those profiles to other devices and other Operating systems, is expressly allowed and encouraged. The only thing that I ask in return, is that you share them like me, for free, and give me credit for the original work.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.