Desert Eagle Offline
Master of the Weird
Desert Eagle  Offline
Master of the Weird
Veteran

Portugal
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=203_1360053143

Quote:
North Korea, which is poised to conduct a nuclear test any day now, has posted a video depicting a US city resembling New York engulfed in flames after an apparent missile attack. The footage was uploaded on Saturday by the North's official website, Uriminzokkiri, which distributes news and propaganda from the state media.

The video is shot as a dream sequence, with a young man seeing himself on board a North Korean space shuttle launched into orbit by the same type of rocket Pyongyang successfully tested in December. As the shuttle circles the globe - to the tune of We Are The World - the video zooms in on countries below, including a joyfully re-unified Korea.

In contrast, the focus then switches to a city - shrouded in the US flag - under apparent missile attack with its skyscrapers, including what appears to be the Empire State Building, either on fire
or in ruins. "Somewhere in the United States, black clouds of smoke are billowing," runs the caption across the screen.

"It seems that the nest of wickedness is ablaze with the fire started by itself," it added. The video ends with the young man concluding that his dream will "surely come true".

I can't believe they used the "We are the World" tune. hahaha

2010-oo All Your rights belong to Me

By reading this You acknowledge that Your body and soul, including all your worldly possessions, are now property of this poster. Any unauthorized use of them will be punished.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3731077 - 02/05/13 04:40 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Desert Eagle

Did the NK leadership pay the proper royalty fees to the RIAA first?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3731080 - 02/05/13 04:43 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Desert Eagle

Did the NK leadership pay the proper royalty fees to the RIAA first?

It's one thing to defy NATO, South Korea, and even the U.S. Government, but you DON'T want to get the RIAA after you... smile

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#3731081 - 02/05/13 04:43 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Is that an official NK government video? With the US flag being shown and then a city being nuked? Wow, that is pretty bad. We know they're nutters but that's basically inviting trouble!

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3731084 - 02/05/13 04:49 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Mace71]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
Is that an official NK government video? With the US flag being shown and then a city being nuked? Wow, that is pretty bad. We know they're nutters but that's basically inviting trouble!

Meh, I take this little stunt by NK about as seriously as I take a 5 year old when they say they want to get married.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3731091 - 02/05/13 05:05 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Bulletstop Offline
Bulletstop  Offline

Littleton, Co
No worries, Mr Obama will apologize for us not being nuked well enough. He will then ask what he can do to help smile and if he could lend some assistance with well maybe some of our nukes smile.

Bullet

Last edited by Bulletstop; 02/05/13 05:05 PM.

Specs
home built I7 870 Lynnfield Chip at stock speed 2.93 with Evga P55FTW system board, A BFG GTX275 Vid card, 4Gigs Corsair Dominator Mem 2600+, 1.3 TB on 2 WD Hard drives, Corsair H50 water cooler.X-65F with peddals and Tir 4 track clip pro One badass machine...
A truism "liberals, who believe that everyone should categorically agree with them because their theoretical positions are "a higher truth" than the positions of any person out there living in and interacting with the real world."
#3731092 - 02/05/13 05:05 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

The spaceship in the video was just a concept...

Here is a picture of the real deadly spaceship as it awaits to be launched:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5H-zNoVHvIc/T0qXiPqc-EI/AAAAAAAAJXw/L8LdzC6U2u4/s1600/S5300476.JPG

#3731098 - 02/05/13 05:14 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
That's the Iranian space ship.....jeez.... rolleyes

"Murphy's Law"
#3731115 - 02/05/13 05:50 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Bulletstop]  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Bulletstop
No worries, Mr Obama will apologize for us not being nuked well enough. He will then ask what he can do to help smile and if he could lend some assistance with well maybe some of our nukes smile.

That's pretty cynical- like it's good news for some political party with a very strange view.

In case you forgot, the DPRK first started nuclear testing while the Bush administration was in charge. I couldn't even begin to imagine what the rhetoric would look like if that happened now, all but making Obama the reason that it happened.

Even now, as Obama's foreign policy draws comparisons to the previous administration (and criticized by those for its hypocrisy in doing so), I wonder to what extent that many really understand this basic problem:

There has been nothing up until now that has really affected the policy making of North Korea. Whether you cut a deal with them, or whether you take a hard line approach to them, they simply don't respond to either in the way that we want them to cooperate. When you bargain with them, that only buys you time until they start up again. When you get in their face, rather than being intimidated, they usually just throttle up the antagonism. If you ignore them, they try something to get your attention. Whether you do something or don't do something, they are simply playing by the rules they feel suits them best. This has been going on even since the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, remember when they blew up that Korean civilian airliner during the Reagan era? What was the US response?

Short of attacking, there's no solutions that anyone has proposed other than to maintain the status quo- which at least means relative stability and peace.

No one gets out of here alive.

#3731135 - 02/05/13 06:21 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Mace71]  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

That's the least they've done- compared to other violent, homicidal provocations, a video is nothing coming from them.

The dirty secret is that no one really is prepared for a collapse of the North Korean government- it's better they're just there making videos than being faced with the question of the DPRK state on the ropes which has nothing to lose at that point to try anything. Then there's the massive problem of what you do with all the North Koreans. The South won't really want to absorb a failed state and being suddenly confronted with taking on millions of people who are not equipped to be employed in the modern world in mass like that.

#3731136 - 02/05/13 06:26 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Mace71]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado

From whom?

yike PWEC here we come

#3731137 - 02/05/13 06:27 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

Nice Call of Duty footage in the video.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#3731149 - 02/05/13 06:48 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
Quote:
The dirty secret is that no one really is prepared for a collapse of the North Korean government-

I think that you are right sir....the collapse will come.......hopefully without major loss of life and then "somebody" will have to pick up the pieces frown

and yes....this is getting pretty close to PWEC

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#3731160 - 02/05/13 07:00 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Dick Dastardly Offline
I Don't Care Bear
Dick Dastardly  Offline
I Don't Care Bear

Earth
Should at least send a pitty response. A 2 second clip of Uncle Sam in kung fu stance doing the Morpheus bring it on hand gesture would suffice.

Suicide is man's way of telling god "You can't fire me, I quit!"
#3731198 - 02/05/13 07:57 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew

From whom?

yike PWEC here we come

The X-Men of course!

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3731216 - 02/05/13 08:23 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
U-96 Offline
%!#Stack Overflow#!%
U-96  Offline
%!#Stack Overflow#!%
Hotshot

lol @ Bib4Tuna, is that ride for real? It looks like a screenshot from Fallout 3!

#3731243 - 02/05/13 09:21 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Kontakt5]  
Bulletstop Offline
Bulletstop  Offline

Littleton, Co
Originally Posted By: Kontakt5
Originally Posted By: Bulletstop

That's pretty cynical- like it's good news for some political party with a very strange view.

In case you forgot, the DPRK first started nuclear testing while the Bush administration was in charge. I couldn't even begin to imagine what the rhetoric would look like if that happened now, all but making Obama the reason that it happened.

Even now, as Obama's foreign policy draws comparisons to the previous administration (and criticized by those for its hypocrisy in doing so), I wonder to what extent that many really understand this basic problem:

There has been nothing up until now that has really affected the policy making of North Korea. Whether you cut a deal with them, or whether you take a hard line approach to them, they simply don't respond to either in the way that we want them to cooperate. When you bargain with them, that only buys you time until they start up again. When you get in their face, rather than being intimidated, they usually just throttle up the antagonism. If you ignore them, they try something to get your attention. Whether you do something or don't do something, they are simply playing by the rules they feel suits them best. This has been going on even since the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, remember when they blew up that Korean civilian airliner during the Reagan era? What was the US response?

Short of attacking, there's no solutions that anyone has proposed other than to maintain the status quo- which at least means relative stability and peace.

I am sorry it was a joke, if the simily's did not give it away, I really do not know what to say. This is not pwec and I have no intentions of it going that way. So take my humor or not.

Bullet

Specs
home built I7 870 Lynnfield Chip at stock speed 2.93 with Evga P55FTW system board, A BFG GTX275 Vid card, 4Gigs Corsair Dominator Mem 2600+, 1.3 TB on 2 WD Hard drives, Corsair H50 water cooler.X-65F with peddals and Tir 4 track clip pro One badass machine...
A truism "liberals, who believe that everyone should categorically agree with them because their theoretical positions are "a higher truth" than the positions of any person out there living in and interacting with the real world."
#3731257 - 02/05/13 09:50 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
i think it's funny that some people are so left wing they don't care about being nuked by an obviously insane nation

the world is really beyond saving, the 60's were better than this nonsense. bleh

#3731264 - 02/05/13 10:07 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: VF9_Longbow]  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: VF9_Longbow
i think it's funny that some people are so left wing they don't care about being nuked by an obviously insane nation

the world is really beyond saving, the 60's were better than this nonsense. bleh

You fail to grasp the point here- unless of course it was Obama in charge during the Pueblo incident, the Bonifas axe murders, the South Korean airliner, during any numerous infiltrations into the South that has been going on for decades. Certainly, if any US administration thought it was worth it to preemptively invade, they would have done it by now, there's been plenty of reason to. Calling it a left or right issue, who would have thunk it- is blind nonsense. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

In other words, those of you who are rattled by an amateur video at this point are afraid of their own shadows. You must not have noticed that the propaganda coming out of North Korea for years have been saying the same thing- every seen the propaganda posters showing North Korean missiles hitting Washington, or North Korean sabres impaling the US?

#3731279 - 02/05/13 10:46 PM Re: North Korea attacks the US from a spaceship [Re: Desert Eagle]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
i'm not nervous - frankly i do not care what happens as if it does happen it means we as a species are too stupid to be allowed to live anymore.

that being said, comparing this with past propaganda is just as ridiculous as ignoring or embracing it like the left is doing.

did you forget that north korea now has rockets capable of orbit and nuclear weapons? they did not have these things 10 years ago. now they do. in case you forgot, anything that can reach orbit can hit ANY point on the planet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.