Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 42 of 240 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 239 240
#3726205 - 01/28/13 04:51 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge *** [Re: eno75]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Model Planes?

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3726215 - 01/28/13 05:41 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Allizdog1000 Offline
Allizdog1000  Offline

New Zealand
That last pick looks like model planes on the tarmac in front of real ones.

Sorry..... bad joke.

Last edited by Allizdog1000; 01/28/13 05:42 AM.
#3726261 - 01/28/13 08:28 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Skate has been an absolute magnet for odd accidental collisions. Last night it was a guy who blew a tire on landing- went to taxi clear of the runway at gelen- ened up going straight through the green space between the Tarmac and the runway... And smashed right into skate, who was directly beside me.

Tonight, wheel had his aircraft completely powered down, engine off, API off etc... Wasn't even in the aircraft when it started rolling around- and gradually veered right into skates plane. Then shrek, who got stuck in some grass after landing, got unstuck and lost control and ALSO veered straight into skate while parked alongside 6 of us. It really was amazing.

#3726339 - 01/28/13 01:54 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Shirley's Cross looks to be a really awesome mission... I like how everything is funneled to the center of the map. This look like it could turn into a pretty good head to head mission. Combined arms though should make this a nail biter.

I was playing Red yesterday and Blue was ahead 80 points to Red Nothing... and Red took the center of the map and while Blue was more interested in air to air duels Red tanks and air defenses took the center... and we took 30 points back before the game ended.

One thing I noted is that the Breifing says Guns only yet Blue is able to rearm at their base and Red cannot. This will be really awesome with ONLY guns. I was really honing my skills at attaking Avengers and Chaperels with guns...Had to dig some tree branches out of the wheel wells. charge cheers

#3726361 - 01/28/13 02:55 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: eno75
Skate has been an absolute magnet for odd accidental collisions. Last night it was a guy who blew a tire on landing- went to taxi clear of the runway at gelen- ened up going straight through the green space between the Tarmac and the runway... And smashed right into skate, who was directly beside me.

Tonight, wheel had his aircraft completely powered down, engine off, API off etc... Wasn't even in the aircraft when it started rolling around- and gradually veered right into skates plane. Then shrek, who got stuck in some grass after landing, got unstuck and lost control and ALSO veered straight into skate while parked alongside 6 of us. It really was amazing.

There wierd part was, Wheels was 100% Powered Down, yet on my screen, his engines were spooling up and putting out the heat blur in coordination with the guy that was coming down the Taxiway (?) Like somehow the game assumed that player controlled both aircraft. as he turned left into the parking lot and put up more RPM to make the turn, Wheels AC turned left and Spooled up a bit. as he cut power and turned around, wheels' airframe slowly rolled into me.

BUG? I dunno, I'll open dialog with ED and Give them the TRK File. w/ Explanation.

2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3726410 - 01/28/13 04:23 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Molasses]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Originally Posted By: Molasses
Shirley's Cross looks to be a really awesome mission... I like how everything is funneled to the center of the map. This look like it could turn into a pretty good head to head mission. Combined arms though should make this a nail biter.

I was playing Red yesterday and Blue was ahead 80 points to Red Nothing... and Red took the center of the map and while Blue was more interested in air to air duels Red tanks and air defenses took the center... and we took 30 points back before the game ended.

One thing I noted is that the Breifing says Guns only yet Blue is able to rearm at their base and Red cannot.

Thanks, Molasses,
Yes, it is another H2H style mission. All a/c are spossed to be Guns Only - I did fix that in the second posting of Shirley's last night. Also, I think this mission needs to have F10 Allies Only set, where now it is F10 All. That, and Guns Only, should help to make finding opposing a/c much more difficult, and turn more eyes to the ground situation.

My dad-in-law was over for dinner last night so I couldn't spend the time in the mission with you all for the inaugural launch, but I did get to pop in every once in a while to see how things were progressing. One of those times I saw the Blue had 70 points vs 10? for the Red. Using the Game Master slot (to be replaced with Ground Commanders), I directed *all* the Red ground groups to Shirley's Cross, including some air defense columns from the Red base - and it took those guys about an hour to reach the Cross. I commented to dad that all the human pilots were seeming to concentrate on the air war and ignoring most of the ground activity - so once Red got in the Cross they started gathering points, but it was too late to win it with just that effort.

BEANS finally nailed the win for Blue when he took out the opposing Red armor against one of the Blue Scout columns when Blue had 90 points - I'd moved that Red column to intercept and kill the Blue Scout, but BEANS had them eyeballed.

I made a half page of notes of enhancements that I will put in later this evening.

---

I was really interested in the point when the mission reloaded. I'd set up that trigger earlier in the day - before I'd finished the initial design. The file to be reloaded was the same name/version as the mission file I ran with, but when I saved the mission file in the Load Mission trigger it was not complete. Also, I saved it on my local machine, not on the remote server; the paths to the \DCS\Missions folder are different on the two machines. Never-the-less, the mission reloaded when it was spossed to.

I conclude that the specific path is not recorded in the Load Mission trigger. What we see, is that if the mission .miz file is unpacked with 7zip (or other zip program), there is a complete copy of the mission that is specified in the Load Mission trigger.

So if you use the Load Mission trigger and save the target mission before finishing all of the edits, the reload will load the incomplete mission.

The good is that the path doesn't make a difference (I think), so there is no need to reset the Load Mission trigger after transferring the mission to a server.

The bad is that a mission designer must reset the Load Mission trigger after all edits and a Save is executed. I think this is a stupid way to handle this trigger function and have complained about it on DCS Forums. I have seen where three levels of embedded missions are in a mission file, which bloats the mission and lengthens the mission load times, especially when briefing pictures and sound files are in the mission.

I will be looking to see if this Load Mission functionality changes in future releases.

WC

#3726487 - 01/28/13 06:52 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
You was right Crew... The Blue forces when I was playing were ONLY fighting the air threat... I kept drawing them into the Red Sam sites and then attacking their ground forces while they respawned. I only managed 2 air to air victorys and got shot down about a dozen or so times (seemed like). But because blue was only fighting air to air engagements they were actually loosing the "battle"... all be it gradual.

#3726576 - 01/28/13 09:23 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Poked my head into the firehouse for the first time last night, and listened to you guys on comms for a bit. I'll be back, nice server. Sorry for the friendly ground kill, I haven't flown much in about a year or so, things are kinda fuzzy!

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#3726582 - 01/28/13 09:32 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Eh Johnny no problem about the ground kill. You owned up to it and explained what happened- a lot easier to explain in ts3 when you're in the ka50... So come on into ts3 soonest and it'll help save you from having to type and hover lol.

And crew- even on allies only we will still only get fog of war function- that should be fixed soon. FOW would be OKAY but allies only would be a real workout. Jtacs deployed forward would be pretty awesome too- not sure which CA slots you have in there as I don't have it. Especially as it pertains to overall strategy- once the f10 / f5 keys stop working from the allies only attributes, a10s will drop back to doing what they do best on the ground and jtac a can help them sort out the priority targets.

Also as a point about the adversarial games- I understand that some friendly smack talk is going to happen in the spirit of the competition but the constant barrage of antagonization through the chat window gets old REAL fast. We're all competitive... I get it- but the firehouse and hollo pointe servers have been developed to foster a friendly gaming environment- not a caustic, sarcastic one. Keep that in mind when you're in there. A lot of the air to air combat that has been happening has been HEAVILY dependent on the F key views... Once those are gone so too will be most proactive A2A. I'm hoping that will silence some of the more inflammatory individuals we've seen pass through the servers.

#3726606 - 01/28/13 10:14 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Yeah, no doubt! I was listening in TS, but realized I didn't have the mic key programmed in the stick lol!

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#3726630 - 01/28/13 10:45 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
blindone Offline
Master of None
blindone  Offline
Master of None

Denver, Colorado
get it- but the firehouse and hollo pointe servers have been developed to foster a friendly gaming environment- not a caustic, sarcastic one. Keep that in mind when you're in there. A lot of the air to air combat that has been happening has been HEAVILY dependent on the F key views... Once those are gone so too will be most proactive A2A. I'm hoping that will silence some of the more inflammatory individuals we've seen pass through the servers.

Perhaps this is something we can regulate, warn and or kick people for violating? Maybe on the "welcome to FH or HP" add something about chat?

In my experience the people that normally cause issues in the chat window are the ones that end up needing to be removed anyway.

Last edited by blindone; 01/28/13 10:46 PM.
#3726637 - 01/28/13 10:58 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
And crew- even on allies only we will still only get fog of war function- that should be fixed soon. FOW would be OKAY but allies only would be a real workout.

Ummm, Flda Gap is - I'm pretty sure - Allies Only, and in that all Blue can see is Blue...

I'll do some checking in a bit - right now it is snowing and I have a hot date in the spa!

WC

#3726670 - 01/29/13 12:10 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Ummm yeah, umm, Fulda Gap is F10 Fog Of War, but External Views is Off.

For the next instance of Shirley's I'll try that combo. I like having Externals on because I like taking screenshots.

With v1.2.3 announced (but not yet released, SkateZilla), I don't plan to spend any time experimenting with these settings since we all know they are hosed up - and may be fixed in the next version.

WC

#3726672 - 01/29/13 12:12 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Originally Posted By: JohnnyChemo
Yeah, no doubt! I was listening in TS, but realized I didn't have the mic key programmed in the stick lol!

A good keyboard command for Teamspeak is Left Cntrl.

I use the TM Warthog Mic Switch Up.

WC

#3726819 - 01/29/13 06:42 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

I use mic switch up as well- works perfectly... but you have to get used to the orientation of the throttle to where "up" is!

TS3 dropped off the face of the earth for us tonight. I've been getting dropped randomly during the games as well- very annoying. If that keeps up I'll probably go back to running my own TS3 server as well. If I do that I'll be posting that information on the main page.

Had a good time tonight with the new Highway- though there were some connectivity issues. I think the number of vehicles creates longer load times for some people... but those who were patient made it in eventually.

Lining up with a Frog in Shirley's Cross last night

Some of "the boys" heading out in Odessy Dawn

Skate "the TK magnet" Zilla drew 2 aircraft into his to spoil this otherwise picturesque screen

A Hardy BRAVO to Omega for his first landing in multiplayer using only his keyboard!

Attempt #1 at running the modified highway:

Attempt #2 at running the modified highway:

Gordo Stepped in as JTAC to give 3 hogs direction. Ready for ANY tasking!

Gordo and his 3 hogs after capturing Novo. JTAC TRANSFORMS the gameplay- even without TS3 (I'd been dropped by then.)

We had a great time last night- no smacktards at all... no whiners... just a bunch of guys who love the sim. None quite so much as Omega, however... (lol).

#3726828 - 01/29/13 07:36 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
OmegaCenti Offline
OmegaCenti  Offline

United States
YES! We did! GREAT time! Especially for a new pilot! Amazingly patient and very helpful players! Can't wait to get my control stick XD And off of this #$%^ keyboard! biggrin

#3726838 - 01/29/13 07:54 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Gordo_Viper Offline
Gordo_Viper  Offline

NSW, Australia
@Eno: Was a pleasure working those targets with the guys and yourself. Some nice shooting with the GAU-8 from all parties!

Once you get into Night controls (with the IZLID and guiding in LGB's that's even more impressive!) Should have had FRAPs going as would have got some good screenshots/video of some strafe runs and also some low level fly overs!

Funnily enough ended up sorting some of the ADA sites with the .50 on the Stryker too!

#3726859 - 01/29/13 09:52 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Yeah Gordomaybe we can give that a stab tonight?

I had some other great shots from the highway a couple nights ago...

Almost too close for comfort... (Survivor is a bmp)

Why I like the od scheme SOMETIMES

In the not so civilized world the fast lane is on the right...

Uh oh- bmp!

Heading towards what omega would call "not a good day out."

Not even a scratch...

More to come, no doubt!

#3726978 - 01/29/13 03:10 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
I dont use PTT, as my Stick buttons dont like to work with it, (will look at keyboard options next time i get to play.),
I usually keep it "Muted" but sometimes forget to mute after talking, or sometimes forget to unMute, and end up talking to myself.

So if you feel like you're hearing Darth Vader, that's why.

On the bright side, I moved to 5.1 Headphones, so the 1000w RCA Surround Sound system isnt sending feedback through the mic like it was during the Summer/Fall.
Might hear occasional cross bleed from the headphones, I've also dumped the OLD PS2 Logitech Mic/Headset.

Does anyone have a visual guide I can print for my note(s)book in regards to SPI's, Hooking and Using them from Flight and Broadcasting them. Seems I still havnt gotten that to work right, either by user error or by the fact I mis-mapped one of my 4way switches.

Also need to look at TeamSpeak Overlay again, I had it on, but it's all the way on the Left screen, I had Set the Position values to make it on the left side center screen, but it stays in the same spot regardless of coordinates. So I Turned it Off.

TS has been fine for me on SimHQ's Server, as my brother and I also use it when playing BF3 (i think someone joined and left for DCSW Room right before I had joined).

Also Been working with TrackIR, might get the LEDD ProClip. (prior to that I was using FaceTrackNoIR.)

Last edited by SkateZilla; 01/29/13 03:12 PM.

#3726979 - 01/29/13 03:11 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
^^^ Neat stuff! When I retired last night there were 8-9 Clients in the Firehouse on The Highway!

I did get most all the changes done on the Cross. Started it up and directed some Red forces to give them a beginning advantage, and then left it to run.

Hope to join in for some flight time tonight.

WC

Page 42 of 240 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.