Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3718294 - 01/15/13 03:49 PM Mission start problem in online coop missions  
VBF_80_Possit Offline
VBF_80_Possit  Offline

I am posting this question here because I don't know where else to go with it.

I am an experienced IL-2 player and mission builder who has just come over to CloD. Everything works well and the builder mission is little different than IL-2.

When playing as a player in dogfight missions on Steam, everything works well. But, I have a problem getting my online coop missions to start properly in when on Steam and when I am the host.

When I hit fly, a plane other than what I have selected appears and is an airstart when it should be starting on the ground. Sometimes when starting, the right plane will appear but as an airstart when it should be on the ground. Other times, the right plane will appear and on the ground but is already half way down the runway racing to takeoff even thought my throttle is set at idle. I hardly ever appears as an idling plane on the runway as it should. When I test fly the mission in mission builder, all the planes start on the ground as they should.

It is also worrisome that when selecting a plane that I can't get my name to appear in the User column next to the plane I want to fly I want to fly but that slot in the menu can only be highlighted with a brighter color of black. Should my name appear there when I click on the slot even though I am the host?

Anyone have an suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or where I might can some help with this problem?

I don't know what happened before but otherwise, this game works pretty well for me.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3720984 - 01/19/13 03:32 PM Re: Mission start problem in online coop missions [Re: VBF_80_Possit]  
rootango Offline
rootango  Offline

everywhere
hiya possit,

i cant specifically help you with the issues you are listing, but i have seen detailed instructions at the 1c forums for running a coop mission which might be a help to you. other then being more cumbersome to setup at first, coop should work fine under the new method and has several extra features (like being able to rejoin a server when killed, or switching aircraft etc..)

Be advised, we got zips in the wire
#3722140 - 01/21/13 03:49 PM Re: Mission start problem in online coop missions [Re: VBF_80_Possit]  
VBF_80_Possit Offline
VBF_80_Possit  Offline

Thanks for the reply.

Using some script at the 1C Company forum created by 41sqn_Banks, who seemed to think he had the problem solved with a workaround script, I worked hard to get it to work.

No joy. His sample mission with the script in it didn't work.

Unless someone can suggest a solution or another forum to check, I will have to conclude that it can't be done, at least not by me. My impression that lots of people exhausted themselves trying to solve this problem.

Is there anyone who can actually host a coop mission on Steam?

#3722385 - 01/21/13 10:51 PM Re: Mission start problem in online coop missions [Re: VBF_80_Possit]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: VBF_80_Possit
My impression that lots of people exhausted themselves trying to solve this problem.

Count me among them. I use 1946 for coop and leave CloD for SP.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3725227 - 01/26/13 02:22 AM Re: Mission start problem in online coop missions [Re: VBF_80_Possit]  
rootango Offline
rootango  Offline

everywhere
Originally Posted By: VBF_80_Possit
Thanks for the reply.

Using some script at the 1C Company forum created by 41sqn_Banks, who seemed to think he had the problem solved with a workaround script, I worked hard to get it to work.

No joy. His sample mission with the script in it didn't work.

Unless someone can suggest a solution or another forum to check, I will have to conclude that it can't be done, at least not by me. My impression that lots of people exhausted themselves trying to solve this problem.

Is there anyone who can actually host a coop mission on Steam?

it can be done, just dont expect it to look and work the same way as the old COOP in il2-1946. luthier already said that shortly after the CoD release and it is possible, but granted it is not as user friendly and simple (yet).

have a look here for example and read through the mid and end parts of the thread, several posters give specific information on how it is being done by some http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32115&highlight=run+coop+session

the good news is, and i would like it to be a more simple method for CoD to, is that the ATAG mod team is looking at improving it and provide a better method (but still wont be the old il2 coop system because that had many other limitations)

Be advised, we got zips in the wire

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.