Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3702407 - 12/19/12 08:14 PM Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3702469 - 12/19/12 09:49 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
Yes, it's now official.

#3702487 - 12/19/12 10:19 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Nick_JM Offline
Nick_JM  Offline

Thunder Bay, Canada
Awesome news!

#3702489 - 12/19/12 10:21 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
BrianLidd Offline
BrianLidd  Offline

United States
Great news. Can't wait to order it.

#3702703 - 12/20/12 03:28 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon
Congratulations. Great news.

Eugene

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#3702767 - 12/20/12 06:07 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

Cool. Any idea of when this might release?

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#3702818 - 12/20/12 08:44 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
Thanks guys smile

Regarding the release date, as some of you know we originally hoped for late 2012. By now it's probably a bit late for that but we are very confident for a 2013 release. We know you'd like it right now (hell, we too!) but from the start we've been very careful to avoid painting ourselves into the proverbial corner of a premature release - and those of you who have been watching the air/nav scene for the last year or so are probably aware of another such recent example, which has generated unpleasant vibes.

All we can say at the moment is that we are working on this game round the clock, putting into it all the free time & energy that our other real-life commitments permit. As you know this is very much a labor of love for us and we believe the media samples we have released so far already demonstrate this clearly. We are also keen on further engaging the community both before and after the v1 release in order to maximize the degree to which the game fits into the players' desires and expectations.

We will soon have some more media material to display so that you can see what we have been up to recently. Good stuff on the way smile

#3702846 - 12/20/12 10:56 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

Thanks Dimitris. thumbsup

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#3702933 - 12/20/12 02:24 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Fevriul Offline
ShowTime 100
Fevriul  Offline
ShowTime 100

Is this going to be a harpoon type simulator ? if so I'm in!!

Would be possible to set up scenarioa such as the "Dance of the Vampires" from Red storm rising, would be brilliant ! biggrin

#3702944 - 12/20/12 02:38 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
Yes, and many other situations.

#3703011 - 12/20/12 03:44 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Fevriul Offline
ShowTime 100
Fevriul  Offline
ShowTime 100

You have one confirmed customer then smile

#3703510 - 12/21/12 03:04 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon
Make it two. And glad it can be for people who have given so much to the Harpoon/Naval Sim world for all these years.

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#3703527 - 12/21/12 03:41 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
SC/JG_Oesau Offline
SC/JG_Oesau  Offline

Sydney, Australia
Great news, been followig this for a while now (and still refer to it as Red Pill...)

CPU - i7-3770K @3.50Ghz, RAM - 32Gb (800Mhz), Video Card - GTX980Ti
TrackIR-4, Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Satiek Quadrant, Saitek Switch Panel, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Win 7 Home Prem 64bit
#3703807 - 12/21/12 02:27 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Richardg Offline
Richardg  Offline

Matrix Games...thats a guarantee it will be over-priced.

#3704149 - 12/22/12 12:31 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Richardg]  
SacaSoh Offline
SacaSoh  Offline

Hueland
Originally Posted By: Richardg

Even on sale the games there are overpriced. I was hoping for a $60 price tag (this when I first saw the project some 2 years ago), but, given that it's being published by matrix games, it could be even $85. Anyway, I hope they do some sort of preorder with beta access, but I don't recall Matrix games doing it before.

#3704229 - 12/22/12 02:17 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
No pro order with Matrix games ...also I have a sneaky feeling this ill be a $79.99 title..to pricey for me considering it's not really my wargaming genre..shame as I was looking forward to it..however I could be wrong and it could be around $39.99...hopefully.

Slitherine group say they aren't "games publishers" as such and therefor edo a different policy for pricing as they are niche games..not sue that hold sup these days with the burgeoning Indie scene that has many niche genres at very low pries. Slitherine wont budge on their pricing policy though.

If I won the lottery I'd set up a wargaming publisher and have a totally different pricing policy and I'm sure it would do OK.

It's not so much their release price but the fact the have games 5 years old plus at $49.99 that I'm sure barely sell

#3704379 - 12/22/12 08:08 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
Thanks for the support, guys. We're confident that we'll deliver a game that will become the new standard in its category.

On the matter of price, we have an interesting thread on our forum: http://warfaresims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11534
Interesting because there is a wide range of opinion expressed, including that of the publishers themselves.

We're going to have some new media material soon so stay tuned!

#3705740 - 12/24/12 06:34 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I'll be following this with interest as well. Can't guarantee I'll buy, especially without knowing the price (and being unemployed since March money is at a premium), but if this turns out as well as I hope I'll certainly make it a priority when I do find a job.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3715205 - 01/10/13 03:46 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

I'm still interested, but the price has to be right.

#3715440 - 01/10/13 08:04 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: HogDriver]  
Percival Offline
Percival  Offline

I have come to like Matrix. Yes the prices can be high, but the games I have are all 100% stable and there is no oppressive DRM.

#3724678 - 01/25/13 02:19 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
sounds great, i am jsut now getting into the great harpoon games - will this one have a land combat aspect - i wonder why no one has done something like Harpoon for land operations or even why the game patriot never took off with more battlesets

#3725150 - 01/26/13 12:12 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
Hello,

Command does feature ground units but the combat between them lacks some of the details you will find in dedicated land combat titles (for example tanks don't have different armor depending on aspect). We have been quite clear that we are not making a Steel Panthers (or Armored Brigade now) equivalent and we are very satisfied with the modelling we have for them. Land units do restrict their movement and LOS from terrain and weather factors, can fight amongst themselves (artillery & MLRS duels are particularly popcorn-worthy) and of ccourse interact in very detailed manner with air and naval units. One feature we're particularly proud of is the inclusion of aimpoints in mobile formations (see here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=1159) so no more wierd things like wiping out a tank platoon with a single LGB as in older games.

Some our our land-related screenshots:

#3725383 - 01/26/13 12:15 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
This looks outstanding, cant wait!

#3841326 - 09/24/13 04:08 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Richardg]  
smithed54 Offline
smithed54  Offline

Originally Posted By: Richardg

They have not let you down.

#3841331 - 09/24/13 04:18 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Wodin]  
smithed54 Offline
smithed54  Offline

Originally Posted By: Wodin
No pro order with Matrix games ...also I have a sneaky feeling this ill be a $79.99 title..to pricey for me considering it's not really my wargaming genre..shame as I was looking forward to it..however I could be wrong and it could be around $39.99...hopefully.

Slitherine group say they aren't "games publishers" as such and therefor edo a different policy for pricing as they are niche games..not sue that hold sup these days with the burgeoning Indie scene that has many niche genres at very low pries. Slitherine wont budge on their pricing policy though.

If I won the lottery I'd set up a wargaming publisher and have a totally different pricing policy and I'm sure it would do OK.

It's not so much their release price but the fact the have games 5 years old plus at $49.99 that I'm sure barely sell

You nailed it! 79.99+tax for download and 94.99 for boxed+Download (box version are on back order)
Heck they still sell Harpoon for 60.00+

It may be a niche market but that's due to their high pricing as you have to really really like war sims to buy from them. You put this on Steam for 49.99 and it would sell more copies in one day than they will probably ever sell on Matrix games. oh well

#3841559 - 09/25/13 06:48 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
Hi guys,

We are very happy both with the sales and even more important the reception & feedback we are getting. The vibe out there is nothing short of amazing.

We are perfectly fine with folks waiting to read reviews, hear opinions from their friends etc. before they buy, as we are now more certain than ever that they will like it (the reviewers/previewers already love it). This is not a mainstream title with a limited shelf/spotlight life so we're not in a race to get lots of sales fast "or else". We're gonna be around literally for years.

We'd like to thank everyone who has liked our game regardless of whether they bought it (/are going to buy it) or not. The air/nav genre has been waiting for a title like this for more than a decade and the time has come. Truly a historic day!

#3841587 - 09/25/13 09:57 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Dimitris]  
BadKarma1001 Offline
BadKarma1001  Offline

Landau, Germany
Originally Posted By: Dimitris
Hi guys,

We are very happy both with the sales and even more important the reception & feedback we are getting. The vibe out there is nothing short of amazing.

We are perfectly fine with folks waiting to read reviews, hear opinions from their friends etc. before they buy, as we are now more certain than ever that they will like it (the reviewers/previewers already love it). This is not a mainstream title with a limited shelf/spotlight life so we're not in a race to get lots of sales fast "or else". We're gonna be around literally for years.

We'd like to thank everyone who has liked our game regardless of whether they bought it (/are going to buy it) or not. The air/nav genre has been waiting for a title like this for more than a decade and the time has come. Truly a historic day!

Congrats!

Still, imho the pricing is way to high, guess how many more sales you would have generated with a 50 buck pricetag! For me it would have been a nobrainer, since i want a game like this for some time now and from the comments on the forums at Matrixgames i think i woulden´t be the only one, but this pricing policy seems just plain greedy!

Hardcore wargames are a niche product but prices like this take care that it stays that way!

#3841962 - 09/26/13 05:05 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Dimitris]  
smithed54 Offline
smithed54  Offline

Hi guys,

There is nothing Historic about a game release or did I miss something in the news?
The "Vibe" to me is rather tame compared to other game released I've seen. I've only seen a handful of people on Matrix sight give "first impressions" in two days but many many more complaining abut the high price.

Oh well good luck the game looks cool but I'm out at that price.

#3841988 - 09/26/13 07:23 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: BadKarma1001]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

Originally Posted By: BadKarma1001
[

Congrats!

Still, imho the pricing is way to high, guess how many more sales you would have generated with a 50 buck pricetag! For me it would have been a nobrainer, since i want a game like this for some time now and from the comments on the forums at Matrixgames i think i woulden´t be the only one, but this pricing policy seems just plain greedy!

Hardcore wargames are a niche product but prices like this take care that it stays that way!

Yep I agree with that. Kind of like the Train Simulator DLCs. It's already a niche game, but the pricing keeps it exclusively in the realm of the "nichest of the niche".

I know there's a lot of Train Sim DLCs I would get if the prices were lower.

Same with Command. I'd definitely get it if the price wasn't so high.

#3842222 - 09/26/13 06:51 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Moses Offline
I have a Rather Large
Moses  Offline
I have a Rather Large

Tulsa, Ok, USA
this thing is incredible. so much fun to play

Jeff "Moses" Malone
Proud Member of 195th Dambusters Virtual Squadron.
http://561stbms.enjin.com/
#3842344 - 09/26/13 10:01 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
Is it very buggy, Moses?

That's the only thing I'm concerned about. Every other factor just screams "BUY!!!"

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
#3842523 - 09/27/13 08:39 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: shan2]  
BadKarma1001 Offline
BadKarma1001  Offline

Landau, Germany
Originally Posted By: shan2
Is it very buggy, Moses?

That's the only thing I'm concerned about. Every other factor just screams "BUY!!!"

I don´t have the game since the pricetag seems a little greedy but i am following the forums at matrixgames and it seems that some ppl have issues with the performance!
If i was sure that i wouldn´t have those problems i probably already bought the game, despite the greedy distributor!

#3842994 - 09/28/13 05:10 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
DonG Offline
DonG  Offline

amsterdam
tHIS IS THE bEST nAVAL SIM EVER RELEASED!! tHANKS

#3842995 - 09/28/13 05:18 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Herman Online content
Herman  Online Content

Originally Posted By: BadKarma1001
I don´t have the game since the pricetag seems a little greedy but i am following the forums at matrixgames and it seems that some ppl have issues with the performance!
If i was sure that i wouldn´t have those problems i probably already bought the game, despite the greedy distributor!

Same performance problems here. Anything more than a couple of dozen units on each side and she crawls. I had one of the larger scens running and it took 7 seconds for every second of real time. My computer isn't top-of-the-line, but it meets the requirements.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
#3843012 - 09/28/13 06:23 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
Well...that sucks. I'm holding off until the performance issues are resolved. (On the bright side, maybe the Collector's Edition will be available by then.)

#3843118 - 09/29/13 12:13 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
TankHunter Offline
Misanthropic Peon
TankHunter  Offline
Misanthropic Peon

I haven't had any issues with it so far, but I have a fairly new computer and haven't done any largely complex missions.

l'Audace, toujours l'audace

I don’t have pet peeves; I have major, psychotic hatreds. - George Carlin

Even if you have a crown and sit at a throne
In the end you will have nothing
Even if you are destined for great riches
In the end you will return to the dust
#3843197 - 09/29/13 09:27 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
One of the beta testers is streaming live plays (and then stores on Youtube) of his adventures in Command. So if anyone's interested to see how Command feels, behaves and performs on a real-world system (instead of relying on anecdotal sources) look here: http://www.youtube.com/user/baloogan/feed smile

#3843200 - 09/29/13 09:38 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
BTW, the v1.01 update is currently being tested by both the beta group and select customers, and should soon be available. Significant UI performance improvements, all known crash problems fixed, and top-priority features requested have been included.

#3843400 - 09/29/13 09:32 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
That's good to know.

When are they going to release the Collector's Edition? I want the full color manual! biggrin

#3843500 - 09/30/13 02:09 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Herman Online content
Herman  Online Content

A new review for CMO has been posted to SimHQ.
http://www.simhq.com/air-combat/command-modern-air-naval-operations-review.html

The review is also available in video format:

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#3843545 - 09/30/13 03:59 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Parachuteprone Offline
Parachuteprone  Offline

Nova Scotia
Love this game !!!!

Last edited by Parachuteprone; 09/30/13 04:00 AM.
#3843960 - 09/30/13 10:14 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
sinner6 Offline
sinner6  Offline

Fort Worth,TX
Color me interested!

Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
#3843971 - 09/30/13 10:48 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Herman]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
Originally Posted By: Herman

Link doesn't seem to be working and the video is set to private...

#3843990 - 09/30/13 11:23 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Herman Online content
Herman  Online Content

The absence is supposedly only a temporary matter and should return momentarily, or so I am told.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#3844057 - 10/01/13 04:08 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Matt Offline
Matt  Offline

The current absence of the review doesn't have anything to do with the devs getting upset with the review/reviewer does it? Someone posted the review in the Matrix forum and they locked the thread after the Matrix PR dude declared it biased. Then, I went back to reread it and it was 404'd. Could be pure coincidence of course.

Personally, I thought the review was fair and brought up valid points. Not sure why they were so upset over it.

Last edited by Matt; 10/01/13 04:13 AM.
#3844079 - 10/01/13 05:57 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece

Last edited by Dimitris; 10/01/13 06:20 AM.
#3844585 - 10/02/13 02:09 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Herman Online content
Herman  Online Content

The review has been re-posted and, except for normal editorial amendments, remains unchanged.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#3844622 - 10/02/13 04:32 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Fearless Frog, great write up! I too am a bit shocked this journalistic venture was allowed to be re-posted on behalf of SimHQ. While he had some valid concerns, they're not showstoppers in my opinion, hence my purchase. Please forgive me for not asking your permission, but I posted it on th Matrix site.

Matt

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals
#3844968 - 10/02/13 07:50 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

edit: double post sorry

Last edited by Baloogan; 10/02/13 08:35 PM.
#3844998 - 10/02/13 08:34 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Hi Everyone! I'm Baloogan. I've been live streaming Command last weekend and I'll be doing another stream today at 5:00pm PDT!

My website is http://baloogancampaign.com/

I'm going to be streaming live today (Wednesday) at 5:00 pm PDT!

Stream is located at http://www.twitch.tv/baloogancampaign

I decided I couldn't wait till the weekend to continue Operation Lightning Strike; I really wanted to continue the scenario.

After the F-16 flights dueled some JF-17 elements northern Pakistan erupts into a cacophony of active radar emitters and new bogies! The F-22s are within 150 nm of the Pakistani coast! And some new surface contacts are detected between India and Pakistan! What will happen next? I have no idea...

I've upgraded my internet service, now I get 2.5 mbps rather than 0.5 mbps upload which means a faster, higher quality stream. An example of the new quality is the upload of my first Baloogan Highlight, in which I look at offensive electronic warfare.

As always I'll try to answer any questions you might have about the game or about naval operations and tactics. Please pass the word!

Stream will be located at http://www.twitch.tv/baloogancampaign

Last edited by Baloogan; 10/03/13 12:46 PM.
#3845122 - 10/02/13 11:47 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

edit double post sorry.

Last edited by Baloogan; 10/03/13 04:51 AM.
#3845124 - 10/02/13 11:48 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

#3845191 - 10/03/13 02:19 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Baloogan]  
Matt Offline
Matt  Offline

Thanks for doing this. I've watched a couple of your streams. This is the best way to get a feel for it, IMHO without actually playing it. I wish they released a demo, but no big deal. This is next best. Appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: Baloogan
Hi Everyone! I'm Baloogan. I've been live streaming Command last weekend and I'll be doing another stream today at 5:00pm PDT!

My website is http://baloogancampaign.com/

I'm going to be streaming live today (Wednesday) at 5:00 pm PDT!

Stream is located at http://www.twitch.tv/baloogancampaign

I decided I couldn't wait till the weekend to continue Operation Lightning Strike; I really wanted to continue the scenario.

After the F-16 flights dueled some JF-17 elements northern Pakistan erupts into a cacophony of active radar emitters and new bogies! The F-22s are within 150 nm of the Pakistani coast! And some new surface contacts are detected between India and Pakistan! What will happen next? I have no idea...

I've upgraded my internet service, now I get 2.5 mbps rather than 0.5 mbps upload which means a faster, higher quality stream. An example of the new quality is the upload of my first Baloogan Highlight, in which I look at offensive electronic warfare.

As always I'll try to answer any questions you might have about the game or about naval operations and tactics. Please pass the word!

Stream will be located at http://www.twitch.tv/baloogancampaign

#3846506 - 10/05/13 11:36 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

I apologize for spamming this thread but my stream is online at http://twitch.tv/baloogancampaign !

I’ve decided to mix it up a bit; first off I will play the ASuW tutorial, followed by an announcement of the current Command Plugin I’ve been working on. (Multiplayer!)

By popular request I’m going to show off a simple opposed amphibious landing sandbox!

Following that I’m going to continue my battle against Pakistan and Iran in Operation Lightning Strike or take suggestions from the audience!

#3848675 - 10/10/13 10:09 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Hi everyone!

This coming Saturday (5pm PDT Oct 12th) I will have a special guest on the show: Mike Mykytyn!!!! I'll be asking him questions about Command, WarfareSims and about the future of computer wargaming and modern naval combat!

Also if you want to ask questions about the game you are more than welcome to join the chat to ask questions!

If you have used the Editor=>Import/Export Units feature in Command then you might have blown up some of Mike's content! I know I have!

Command's ability to create a ready made scenario via the Import/Export units feature is absolutely one of my favorite features! If I want to invade Syrian airspace to blow up Assad I turn to the huge amount of Syrian units in Command's import system, it lends credibility to sandbox scenarios... If I'm blowing up real SA-5 positions in the real Syria it makes the game seem so much more immediate!

I like the import feature so much that the background of my website at http://baloogancampaign.com is entirely from the CentFront import files! You can make that huge scenario in about 20 clicks and a few minutes in game!

Please join us LIVE on Saturday (5pm PDT Oct 12th)!

Last edited by Baloogan; 10/11/13 01:39 AM.
#3849364 - 10/12/13 11:25 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Stream goes live in 30 minutes http://www.twitch.tv/baloogancampaign
burnout hope to see you there!

#3850685 - 10/16/13 03:00 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Wedge Offline
Wedge  Offline

I'm in. After viewing the many different tutorials and reading the various reviews + the fact I found out this morning that Bill Me Later was giving me 6 months to pay off this purchase I made the plunge into CMANO!

I have Command installed and updated - now I'm downloading the DB3000 community images:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3434367

Last edited by Wedge; 10/16/13 03:01 PM.
#3850785 - 10/16/13 06:27 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Wedge]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: Wedge
I'm in. After viewing the many different tutorials and reading the various reviews + the fact I found out this morning that Bill Me Later was giving me 6 months to pay off this purchase I made the plunge into CMANO!

I have Command installed and updated - now I'm downloading the DB3000 community images:

Welcome aboard! I have installed the images too and it helps the immersion factor for me, almost as though being in the CIC and looking through Janes as you get a specfic EMCON emission and seeing the various platforms that support that system. Pretty cool, but also HD hog!

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#3851681 - 10/19/13 03:00 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Wedge]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Originally Posted By: Wedge

I've got some more links to community image packs located here: http://baloogancampaign.com/command-plugins/community-database-image-packs/

I’m going to be live in about 20 hours from now!
Edit: I'm Live right now!

I will focus on the scenario editor; essentially doing a tutorial for the editor. I'm going to be taking questions from the chat as well as creating a few simple scenarios, playable from either side.

Link to the stream: http://twitch.tv/baloogancampaign/

Last edited by Baloogan; 10/19/13 11:28 PM.
#3851763 - 10/19/13 12:55 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Moses Offline
I have a Rather Large
Moses  Offline
I have a Rather Large

Tulsa, Ok, USA
I havent had any performance issues and play alot of the bigger scenarios

Jeff "Moses" Malone
Proud Member of 195th Dambusters Virtual Squadron.
http://561stbms.enjin.com/
#3851941 - 10/19/13 11:29 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

#3853959 - 10/24/13 11:01 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Hey Wargamers!

Episode 7 will focus on how to use Command's Custom Overlay feature as well as an Image Database updater, which will make it easier to add new images to Command.

Please join us at 5:00 PM PDT at http://baloogancampaign.com

Cheers,
Baloogan

#3854017 - 10/25/13 03:37 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Baloogan,

Thanks for continuing to bring informative walk throughs into this and other forums. Have you considered making a separate thread and save your works on YouTube or other video format? I

Matt

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#3854025 - 10/25/13 05:19 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
All his streams are available on YouTube. Check his signature for URLs.

#3854030 - 10/25/13 06:13 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Dimitris]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
All his streams are available on YouTube. Check his signature for URLs.

LOL! It was a test to see if you were paying attention Dimitris. I didn't even think to check the signature links. Definitely a "Duh!" Moment.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#3854247 - 10/25/13 08:55 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: strykerpsg]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

I've got all my previous streamed listed here: http://baloogancampaign.com/episodes/

#3854258 - 10/25/13 09:34 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Baloogan]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: Baloogan
I've got all my previous streamed listed here: http://baloogancampaign.com/episodes/

You sir, are the man! Thanks for setting the record straight. I'll eat my piece of humble pie this evening.

Matt

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#3854546 - 10/26/13 11:40 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Baloogan Campaign Stream Live Right now! Stream at http://baloogancampaign.com
Covering Custom Overlays and Introducing Database Image Auto Update!

First set of videos from Episode 7 are available on YouTube:

Part 1 Custom Overlay Tutorial
Welcome back to Baloogan Campaign! Episode 7 focuses on creating and importing custom overlays for Command as well as what a Carrier Battle Group in 2025 might look like!

Part 2 The Airbase in Britain
I work on Custom Overlays for RAF Fairford! I overlay an overlay on top of an overlay, it gets confusing from here on in!

Last edited by Baloogan; 10/27/13 11:56 AM.
#3855497 - 10/29/13 11:16 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Episode 7 Uploaded!

Part 1 Custom Overlay Tutorial 
Welcome back to Baloogan Campaign! Episode 7 focuses on creating and importing custom overlays for Command as well as what a Carrier Battle Group in 2025 might look like!
Part 2 The Airbase in Britian
I work on Custom Overlays for RAF Fairford! I overlay an overlay on top of an overlay, it gets confusing from here on in!
Part 3 Operation Lightning Strike
I return to Operation Lightning Strike and discuss creating a custom overlay for Bin Laden's compound.
Part 4 The Chase
Air battles continue! A P-3 Orion is chased out to sea; a pair of F-22 Raptors are tasked to clear the P-3's six. They supercruise and fire BVR!
Part 5 Raptors to the Rescue
My F-22 Raptors reach the P-3 Orion and fire AMRAAM BVR down the axis of the detected bogey!
Part 6 Capt. James Kirk of the Zumwalt
I start a new scenario with a 2025 USN CVBG vs Brazil Land Based Air. James Kirk commanding the DDG-1000 Zumwalt!
Part 7 Brazil Air Defense
I compose the Brazilian land based air defense. I guess as to who Brazil would buy aircraft and weapons from. I decided on French aircraft and Russian SAM.
Part 8 Magazine vs Mount vs Magazine
I look at the difference between Weapons and Mounts and Magazines; as well as bring in custom overlays for the Brazilian airbases.
Part 9 Exocet Counterstrike
I prepare the Brazilian Air Force to respond to any detected surface contact with a Exocet Strike.
Part 10 Brazilian BARCAP
I set up Brazil's defenses; they will respond automatically to any air contacts or surface contacts. Air contacts will get all the currently airborne aircraft to converge on the contact and surface contacts will make the Exocet armed aircraft to sortie.
Part 11 Phased Array
I take a look at all the cool sensors in a Modern American Carrier Battlegroup! Including Phased Array radars that can be electronically steered!
Part 12 Convergence Zones
I discuss physical oceanography as it pertains to modern naval combat!
Part 13 ICBMs, Espionage, and TOGO!
I spawn Minot AFB complete with a good chunk of our Nuclear Deterrent! I also create overlays for a random airbase in Africa and discuss how Command might be breaking the law!
Part 14 Land Combat and the Ballistic Missiles!
I spawn a small land combat simulation, a company of T-72s vs a platoon of Abrams! Also I track a ballistic missile as it flies into Canada!
Part 15 The AMRAAM Dataurl
I fire AMRAAMs from my F-35s at the hostile bogies! I discuss dataurls and how they are modeled in Command.
Part 16 Tactical Tomahawks!
I end off Episode 7 with a Tomahawk strike on Brazilian ammo bunker installations! And the difference between the Blk III and Blk IV Tomahawk. Hint: The Blk IV Tactical Tomahawk is worth the extra $$$ smile.

#3856828 - 11/01/13 01:02 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Hey Everyone!

This week's live stream will be focusing on the Cold War Database and 1950s strategic nuclear combat! We are going to go toe-to-toe with the rooskies!

Please join us this Saturday, 5:00PM PDT and help us explore WWIII in the 1950s!

I will be playing the newest beta Build 454!

BalooganCampaign.com

List of previous episodes.

Saturday, 5:00 PM PDT in your time zone

#3857627 - 11/02/13 11:45 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Episode 8 is currently live! We will be focusing on the Cold War Database and 1950s strategic nuclear combat!

http://baloogancampaign.com

#3859968 - 11/08/13 02:11 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

I've created a PBEM multiplayer plugin for Command I call Joint Command; its still in a closed beta stage but I wouldn't mind a few more beta testers to find bugs and problems before a general release.

Also there will be no Baloogan Campaign show tomorrow, I'll be spending the weekend with family.

#3861927 - 11/13/13 12:02 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

I’d like to arrange a public test of my multiplayer plugin for this Saturday! I’ve created a plugin for Command called Joint Command. It is turn-based, and has a real PBEM (Play by email) feel to it; though Joint Command takes care of sending the required files around.

I will be accepting all beta applications during and before the stream. Please email me at baloogan@baloogan.com, or comment on my site with your email to apply in advance, but also feel free to request beta access during the stream!

I will play with you in your own scenario of your own creation, or in any scenario you would like! I’ll be playing my turns on the live during the stream! 1v1, 2vAI, 2v2, 2v1 what ever setup you might like can happen!

Please limit your scenarios’ size, 500 unit maximum. My poor computer can’t take live streaming, running Command multiplayer turns, creating Google Earth databases, and huge Command scenarios all at once!

Also if anyone wants to play versus each other in the chat at the same time as the stream please feel free! I will be commenting on the Google Earth output as your scenarios progress on the stream! Please have Command build 460 and Google Earth installed before the stream.

Joint Command is still in beta; there have been some very successful matches so far but the purpose of this test is to overload Joint Command so I can see where it fails when it's overloaded with games and players.

So please join us this Saturday November 16th, 5:00 PM PST and let's destroy things together!!

Last edited by Baloogan; 11/13/13 12:26 PM.
#3863520 - 11/17/13 12:40 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

#3863614 - 11/17/13 05:48 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Cheers! Great stream [:)]

I was terrified before the stream that JC wasn't going to perform as well as she did.

I've also moved from a closed beta to an open beta, please join us at https://jabbr.net/#/rooms/baloogan to arrange for some multiplayer fun. : )

Joint Command BETA download link: http://baloogan.com/Baloogan_Campaign_Launcher_Setup.exe

(Also available as a zip http://baloogan.com/Baloogan_Campaign_Launcher_Setup.zip)

#3863640 - 11/17/13 07:03 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Thanks for all the great work you're doing for CMANO Baloogan. It's make a great title even greater than conceived. Looking forward to more of your work.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#3863711 - 11/17/13 12:19 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Thanks stryker smile

#3866255 - 11/22/13 03:07 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Date/Time: 19 January, 1976 / 23:00:00 Zulu (November 23rd 2013, 5:00 PM PST)

Introduction

In 1972 the Soviet Union signed an agreement with Somalia to improve and modernize the port of Berbera in return for Soviet access to the facility. Access to Berbera gave the Soviet Union the ability to counter United States military activities in the strategically important Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf region. The port was built into a Soviet naval base with missile storage facilities for the Soviet Fleet, an airfield with runways capable of handling naval bombers, and extensive radar and communications facilities. Berbera became even more important after Egypt expelled all Soviet advisers that same year.

Six hours ago an EKA-3B from USS Oriskany crashed in northern Somalia, the EKA-3B Raven 21 was on a Ferret mission to the Soviet bases at Berbera in Somalia. Last comms report from the Raven 21 was “SAM lock-on activating counter-measures”.

The USS Tarawa Amphibious Group en-route from Aden has deployed a recovery team to the “Down Bird” site, and the USS Oriskany Strike Group is moving at flank speed to provide support. Somalia has told the United States that any further encroachments into her air space with be met by hostile force. At present Somali and Soviet forces are trying to locate the crash site to recover the crew and any intelligence information.

Mission

1. Effect safe rescue of downed bird crew (CSAR helos will be airborne in 3 hrs).

2. CSAR helos are to be given full protection whilst on the ground and in the air.

3. Any hostile intent from Soviet and Somali forces will be met with similar force.

4. Any loss of CSAR helo’s will result in a “Mission Failure”.

Command & Signal

Command: USS Oriskany

Signal: EMCON State B, limited emissions: Plan Falcon

Current Joint Command matches state:

We finished out the first couple of matches last week! Joint Command is also much faster now than it was during Episode 9.

Stream will be at the usual time, Saturday at 5:00 PM PST!

#3866985 - 11/24/13 12:39 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Streaming Episode 10 live at
http://baloogancampaign.com

smile

#3868713 - 11/28/13 12:25 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Desert Storm was the most meticulously planned and decisive air campaigns to be carried out in human history to date. War planners were given a massive arsenal designed to fight Warsaw Pact forces in Europe to systematically incapacitate and defeat one of the larger and more battle experienced armies in the world at the time. Target lists were large and complex and challenged planners to match the right platforms and weapons to the right targets while still moving the war forward with minimal loss.

This week I'll be playing Shamal, a scenario which comes with Command designed to simulate the air war on the 4th day of Desert Storm! I'll be commanding the USAF forces, operating in tandem with USN forces! We will be neutralizing a number of airfields and chemical weapons manufacturing plants.

Please join us on Saturday Nov 30th, 5:00 PM PST! : )

Also if you have any questions about Joint Command, the Multiplayer Plugin for Command, I'll be fielding them during the show.

#3868821 - 11/28/13 02:59 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Saint19 Offline
Saint19  Offline

Hey that's on my birthday. We'll see, I may be able to stop by for a bit.

Although I've only done 3 phases of the sub tutorial thus far, it's been enjoyable. Hopefully I'll have more time to get into COMMAND this weekend.

#3869695 - 12/01/13 12:36 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Stream is up live! http://baloogancampaign.com I'll be focusing on the air war during Desert Storm!

#3870919 - 12/03/13 01:44 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
Updated DB image & description packs available: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=2101

#3871509 - 12/04/13 03:41 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Hi everyone! For my next stream I’m going to stream much earlier! Specifically 11:00 AM PST on Saturday! Please refer to the table urled here for the time in your time zone!

I’ll be playing Canary’s Cage! A scenario set in 2005 where some terrorists have taken control of the Moroccan government and they took some spanish islands! We gotta get the islands back for Spain! We will be encountering and destroying surface, subsurface and air contacts!

Also I have a special surprise which will be revealed during the stream; plus I will be discussing additional plans for a Command MBX-style campaign!

#3873055 - 12/07/13 06:41 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Stream is live right now! Early stream today!

I'll be playing a community submitted scenario called Canary's Cage! Basically terrorists take North Africa and only Spain stands between terrorists and their goals!

Please join us at http://baloogancampaign.com !

Special guest Dimitris of Warfare Sims aka Sunburn will be joining us on the chat!

#3874795 - 12/11/13 11:02 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Geoscape

Hey all! Just wanted to make a formal announcement of my next plugin: “Geoscape“!

Geoscape is a multiplayer dynamic campaign for Command. Geoscape will take commands from players and determine when combat needs to be resolved. It then generates Joint Command matches for each theater and then Joint Command in turn generates Command scenarios!

Geoscape is about persistence, units will exist before multiplayer matches and will exist (potentially damaged!) after multiplayer matches. Logistics will also be tracked, weapons will need to be shipped or flown around.

If you would like to help beta test Geoscape please sign up by chatting with us here: https://jabbr.net/#/rooms/baloogan or emailing me at baloogan@baloogan.com !

#3876040 - 12/13/13 04:35 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

This Saturday on the Baloogan Campaign!

Trafalgar: The Rematch! Set in 2017!

Starring Napoleon as the french petite-admiral, along with De Gaulle in person and in carrier!

In the other corner we have Lord Nelson along with the original British bulldog, Winston Churchill!

Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carriers and F-35s!

I'll be creating this scenarios live during the stream from pre-researched theoretical Orders of Battle for the Spanish Armada, French Forces and the pride of the Royal Navy!

England expects that every man will do his D U T Y!

I will also be showing off Geoscape in its very earliest form. In addition a new Command Wiki has been created at http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com so please start creating wiki pages! Everyone can edit!

So please join us at the new stream time at 11:00 AM PST on Saturday! 11:00 AM PST in YOUR time zone

#3877041 - 12/14/13 05:53 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Episode 14!!

One thing I'm doing for this episode is a special live Geostream of the Command data! If you download Baloogan Campaign Launcher and fire up "Episode 14 Geostream" you can watch the action live on your own computer! You do not need to have Command installed to do so!

You can view both sides, and the contacts that each side holds!

Stream will start at the top of the hour, 11:00 AM PST! I'll be showing off 3 things this episode!

First is the live Geostream mentioned above!

Next is the current status of Geoscape!

And finally there is a scenario researched by Elouda and Awesomesauce set in 2017 featuring a rematch between the Brits and France/Spain!

Hope to see you there! Remember new time: 11:00 AM PST! And new chat room at https://jabbr.net/#/rooms/baloogan !

#3880491 - 12/20/13 05:43 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Version 1.02 of Command is out; just one more present under your tree from the folks at Warfare Sims!

During this week's episode I'll be playing V1.02 and playing one of the shorter scenarios that comes with the game: The Tiger and the Dragon! I will be exploring the new features of Command V1.02!

This hypothetical scenario assumes another dramatic collapse of relations between India and China takes place in mid-2019. India moves a strong naval force centered on the aircraft carrier Vikramaditya (Ex-Gorshkov) into the South China Sea. Worried about India's growing naval presence in such areas of strategic concern, China has decided to answer the Indian move which they view as nothing less than a challenge, and sends the aircraft carrier Liaoning (Ex-Varyag) to intercept.

No Hornets in this carrier vs carrier fight!

Please join us at Saturday, 11:00 AM PST!

Stream will be at http://twitch.tv/baloogancampaign
Chat is at https://jabbr.net/#/rooms/baloogan

One last thing! Please check out the new Command documentation wiki located at http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/ !

#3889137 - 01/04/14 03:18 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

The episode this Saturday will show you how to make tileset modifications! Also there will be an update on the current status of Geoscape!

I’ll be showing off how Geoscape will detect battles, as well as dynamically generate Command scenarios for the battle to play out! I’ll be accepting Geoscape applications during the stream as well, and talking a bit more about the story of the first Geoscape campaign.

Please join us this Saturday, 11:00 AM PST!

#3893637 - 01/11/14 06:43 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

#3896564 - 01/17/14 02:03 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Hey all! This Saturday I’ll be showing you how to apply mount, weapon record and sensor modifications to your ships, submarines, facilities, and aircraft in Command! I will cover things like mounting the new LRASM, or sticking anti ballistic missile lasers on your F-16! Join us on Saturday, January 18th at 11:00 AM PST and lets make a container ship the most dangerous ship afloat!

#3900230 - 01/23/14 12:11 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Please take a look at my online command database!

Can anyone guess which aircraft this is?

Answer: http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=2282

All ships: http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataShip
All aircraft: http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft

Fencer http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=1010
Tornado http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=1122
Burke http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataShip?ID=438
Wasp http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataShip?ID=1087

Still have to do ship magazines, and airfacilities, subs, land units and weapons but its on its way! I consider the aircraft display to be complete.

(You can click on the image to expand it)

#3900683 - 01/24/14 05:23 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

This Saturday I'll be covering modern land combat! Putin has decided to 'assist' the Ukranian government in pacifying Kiev! Europe has decided to get involved in protecting the pro-EU protesters! Let us take a look at how Command treats Land Combat and what sort of effect an A-10 has on T-80s!!

Plus: take a look at the new Online Database Viewer! MRK Nanuchka III
Aircraft Index
Ship Index

Please join us on the 25th! 11:00 AM PST!

Last edited by Baloogan; 01/24/14 07:15 AM.
#3900753 - 01/24/14 10:50 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Lord Flashheart Offline
Lord Flashheart  Offline

London, UK
Blimey! Talk about a scenario ripped from the headlines!

Baloogan - have you thought about sharing your excellent scenarios on the Matrix forums so others can try them in singleplayer?

Wouldn't mind having a try at your Guadalcanal 2020 battle...!

There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
#3900971 - 01/24/14 04:29 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Lord Flashheart]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Originally Posted By: Lord Flashheart
Blimey! Talk about a scenario ripped from the headlines!

Its all part of my cunning plan... biggrin
Quote:

Baloogan - have you thought about sharing your excellent scenarios on the Matrix forums so others can try them in singleplayer?
Wouldn't mind having a try at your Guadalcanal 2020 battle...!

I do host a few of the scenarios I've made on the stream; http://baloogancampaign.com/episodes/scenarios/

I do have one that I've posted: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3526239

#3900979 - 01/24/14 04:51 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Oh! Links to my database viewer biggrin

#3901056 - 01/24/14 06:46 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Lord Flashheart Offline
Lord Flashheart  Offline

London, UK
Cool! Thanks Baloogan - didn't spot that d/l section on your site!

That NK navy one is - wow! Outstanding work as usual. ..

Hope that Ukraine scenario gets added to the list of shared scenarios too!

There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
#3901569 - 01/25/14 06:52 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Streaming live right now! http://baloogancampaign.com

#3904789 - 01/31/14 07:49 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

This week's episode will focus on submarine combat! We shall be destroying hostile 'boomer' subs, other attack subs, setting up attacks on surface action groups and destroying entire soviet air regiments all from the safety of periscope depth!

How can a submarine destroy aircraft? We will execute a time on target attack to destroy rearming soviet air regiments while they sit on the tarmac! You might remember this scene from Red Storm Rising, where a daring attack on an airbase from submarines results in the crippling of the air wing of the northern soviet fleet!

Please join us on Saturday! At 11:00 AM PST.

#3905512 - 02/01/14 06:35 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Stream is up live at http://baloogancampaign.com !
Going to take a in depth (hah) look at modern submarine warfare!
Plus I'll be taking a look at my online database viewer!
Please join us, stream is live now!

#3908301 - 02/07/14 01:47 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

This Saturday's episode will focus on a plausible [url=]counterforce[/url] strike performed by the USA on China set in 2014. We will infiltrate Chinese airspace with [url=http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=496]B-2s[/url] and B-1s. Drop some serious ordinance on China's ballistic missiles some of which can hit the continental USA as well as set up Anti Ballistic Missile defenses around our allies, South Korea and Japan.
This will be a pretty violent episode!

Please join us, Saturday Febuary 8th 11:00 AM PST for the End of the World! Or ... at least of China's long range ballistic missile program.

#3909090 - 02/08/14 06:45 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Streaming the end of the world right now! 2014 USA Counterforce strike on China! http://baloogancampaign.com

#3909625 - 02/09/14 11:29 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Joint Command, the multiplayer plugin for Command has been released!

After a number of months of grueling beta testing and optimization, Joint Command is good to go. JC is out of beta and is ready to be played!

To download any Baloogan Campaign Software you will need the Launcher.

Might also be a good idea to take a look at the (slightly outdated) documentation.

#3911143 - 02/13/14 11:22 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Messaging feature added to Joint Command. Anyone can message any battle at any time; I foresee this being especially useful setting up games!

Last edited by Baloogan; 02/13/14 11:05 PM.
#3914736 - 02/21/14 09:26 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Comrades!

As I'm sure you are all aware, there has been a greatly heightened degree of security at Northern Fleet Headquarters these past several weeks, a condition imposed by the General Staff in anticipation of an important, top-secret mission. The nature of that mission can now be revealed.

For the past several months, our finest strategic thinkers, military planners and war colleges have been working out the various possible outcomes of a war between the Soviet Union and NATO -- a war that seems to be more imminent than ever as tensions between East and West increase by the day.

Your mission: simulate encounters between NATO and Soviet air and naval assets to refine your skills; which will be needed in the coming days.

This week the People's Stream will introduce every late cold war scenario released by the Command Community! The stream will be at 11:00 AM PST; on the 22nd of February.

Red Episodes – Stop that Convoy, 1989
Red Episodes – SOS SOSUS, 1989
Red Episodes – Boomer to Sea, 1989
Red Episodes – No Sandbox No Joy, 1989
Top Gun, 1986
Sideshow in the South China Sea, 1985

Glory to the Revolution!

#3915368 - 02/22/14 06:39 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Comrades! Northern Fleet Headquarters streaming now: http://baloogancampaign.com

#3920640 - 03/05/14 03:50 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

On Saturday, March 8th I’ll be presenting a simulation of the situation in Ukraine using Command version 1.03. With me, will be Dimitris Dranidis and Michael Mykytyn of Warfare Sims.

Version 1.03 Changelog

Preliminary Ukrainian Crisis order of battle: Flashpoint: Ukraine 2014

Stream starts at 11:00 AM PST.

#3921965 - 03/08/14 06:40 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Last edited by Baloogan; 03/08/14 06:45 PM.
#3924547 - 03/14/14 07:54 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

I've whipped up a simple scenario of a possible strike on Crimea by EUCOM and the HW Bush. The objective of the scenario is to destroy the 11th Anti-Submarine Brigade, a S-400 and a Bastion Bn on Crimea.

Please give it a try and tell me what you think! Its my first 'real' scenario. It has AI for the Russians, triggers, events, scoring and a briefing!

Download here!

#3928550 - 03/22/14 05:35 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

#3934902 - 04/05/14 10:40 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Imagine if you would, the morning of December 7th 1941, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. The Imperial Japanese Navy steaming towards the Hawaiian Islands in preparation for one of the most significant carrier strikes in history.

Yesterday, December 7th, 1941 — a date which will live in infamy — the United States of America, 1941 was suddenly and deliberately assisted by naval and air forces of the United States of America, 1980!

The Kido Butai

Simply put: the stream this Saturday is going to be a bit silly! What sort of damage could a single supercarrier cause? Tune in to find out!

Stream will be at 11:00 AM PDT, Saturday April 5th!
Link to stream: http://baloogancampaign.com

#3934995 - 04/05/14 05:48 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Stream up at http://baloogancampaign.com !
The Date: December 7th 1941
The Place: Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
The Carrier: USS #Nimitz CVN 68!!!

#3944878 - 04/26/14 03:23 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Today I'll be covering the newly introduced Auto Strike Planner! This newly introduced feature (in Build 517, complete change log at http://baloogancampaign.com/command-documentation/patches/ ). This means your aircraft are going to follow their strike profiles and also plan out off-axis ingress and egress routes!

Stream at 11 am PSD at http://baloogancamapgin.com

#4014744 - 09/26/14 03:40 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

The Baloogan Campaign stream will return this saturday with a special 'Command: Wargame of the Year' stream! On Friday Command is coming to Steam!

I'm planning to play Under African Skies, a community scenario made by Feltan. (Matrix thread) A scenario set in 2017 about a US task force attacking a China backed Nigeria.

The date of the event was Sunday, January 22, 2017. The time was 1:03 PM on the East Coast of the United States. The new American President had been sworn into office forty-eight hours ago, and this day he was in the White House with VIP guests, donors, campaign staff, family and friends. This privileged group, like tens of millions of Americans that day, is glued to the big screen television. Today is the highly anticipated American Football Conference Championship; the semi-final before the Super Bowl. The much hyped game was between the Denver Broncos and the Baltimore Ravens, and kick-off at Mile High Stadium in Denver just happened to the cheers of these elite party goers. The smart money said Denver would walk away with an easy victory – and since the new President hailed from Colorado, no one at the White House was wearing a Raven’s jersey. No one, that is, except the Senate Minority Leader who was from the opposing political party. It was all great fun. Spirits were high, the beer was flowing and the White House Chief of Staff couldn't have been happier with the electric atmosphere and upbeat photo ops that could only benefit his new boss. Little did anyone know that before half-time arrived, the country would forever be changed.
Would you like to know more?

Please join us on Saturday at 5:00 pm PDT for a live stream of Command: Wargame of the Year Edition.

In other news I've opened an affiliate sales account to sell Command; a special link to buy Command is available to the right. A Steam key as well as a DRM-free copy of Command. Using that link means that Baloogan Campaign gets 30%. smile

There have been a significant amount of improvements to Command since release. One might ask, "What does 'Wargame of the Year Edition' mean?" This page outlines all the new features since V1.00.

As always our chatroom is open to all; if you have a question about Command or even just want to chat about geopolitics, military technology & history please drop by!

And finally, I've set up a Tumblr Image/Video blog comprised of images and videos from the Baloogan Campaign Chatroom. Any image or youtube video posted to the chatroom is automatically uploaded there.

#4015301 - 09/27/14 11:43 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

The Baloogan Campaign Stream is up! http://baloogancampaign.com/ Going to be bombing China-backed Nigeria today.

#4066423 - 01/20/15 04:12 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Baloogan Offline
Baloogan  Offline

Hey guys,

Coiler12 has written a few articles about Command on my site, and I just realized I've been terribly remiss in not linking to them here!

Without further ado I have the pleasure of presenting Thoughts on Command Scenario Design by Coiler12.
Quote:
Of all the excellent features in Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations, the scenario editor stands out. Both comprehensive and easy to use, it allows a vast amount of scenario creation and experimentation. In fact, it’s so fluid that many of my “scenario plans” have turned into nothing but me fooling around in the editor, seeing how a flight of Corsairs do against a moderately defended fuel depot instead of making the Preah Vihear escalation I’d really wanted to do.

Having made many scenarios and played many more, I’ve formed many opinions on scenario design, what makes a good scenario, and what my favorite types of scenarios are. [url=[url=http://baloogancampaign.com/2014/12/20/thoughts-command-scenario-design/]Now I finally hope to share those opinions.[/url]

The Kuril Islands War that Wasn’t-How Scenarios Stall by Coiler12

Quote:
Late 1993. Russia’s eyes are focused on the showdown between Yeltsin and the parliament, the crisis that would end the country’s experiment with democracy almost as soon as it began. But in the Far East, a seemingly long-defeated adversary hopes to take advantage of it…

Fleets of ships and aircraft rush from Hokkaido and strike at the two disputed Kuril Islands, thinking that the collapsed nation is too politically and militarily weak to do anything but quickly give up…

The Third Russo-Japanese War pits the previously restrained JSDF against the crumbled shell of Russia whose Soviet-era arsenal has not entirely been scuttled yet. This seems like a piece of cake for a scenario. And yet-it hasn’t developed into anything beyond a few scenario editor experiments.

Why?

#4079833 - 02/17/15 07:04 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Valar Offline
Valar  Offline

Europe
Massive new, free update for CMANO, guys. Version 1.07 - the RC is posted for download at the Matrix forums. Its really impressive: makes air combat even more realistic, introduces new Weapon Release rules, new mission editor features (not that I would know).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.