#3700161 - 12/16/12 06:51 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

RoF is a real sim.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3700167 - 12/16/12 07:01 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

And if WT can't stand on it's own without being compared to CloD, then it doesn't have enough features in it to be presented as a sim on it's own.

#3700219 - 12/16/12 07:53 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: NattyIced]  
kalimba Offline
kalimba  Offline

Originally Posted By: NattyIced
And if WT can't stand on it's own without being compared to CloD, then it doesn't have enough features in it to be presented as a sim on it's own.

So you mean ROF is no longer a sim ? Cause my friend, ROF has ALWAYS been compared to IL2 since its first release...And reviews were not good at all..And now its compared to CLOD more than ever...If fact, WT has already many more features than CLOD will ever have...So your statement is a very strange one...
Tell me, is CLOD a "real sim" in your definition since its missing all the features I mentionned in my previous post ?
I would like to know what is YOUR definition of a "real sim" since you keep saying WT is not and will never be...

Salute !

#3700223 - 12/16/12 07:57 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

I already listed what it's missing in this very thread.

#3700356 - 12/16/12 10:52 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: NattyIced]  
kalimba Offline
kalimba  Offline

Originally Posted By: NattyIced
I already listed what it's missing in this very thread.

They need larger maps with more airfields, more than 32 players, adjust the DM so it's less Hollywood kablooey after sneezing on a plane, and the ability to leave and join a game without that match making crap. Oh, and dump the +15XP grinding.

That's it ? That is all that WT misses to be called a "real sim " ?

Ok...Ill keep that in mind...

Salute !

#3700415 - 12/17/12 01:26 AM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

It's a start. The FMs need more work, the ability to ground loop needs to exist - the wheels currently have no grip when yawing down the runway and the "full real" needs to be more realistic - proper opponents not 1939 planes vs 1946, atmospheric effects such as wind and turbulence, various fuel tanks being drained inflicting changes in flight dynamics, and wing moving the clouds.

You can keep that in mind, but since you have zero influence on the development that really amounts to nothing.

Last edited by NattyIced; 12/17/12 01:34 AM.
#3700428 - 12/17/12 01:48 AM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

Also, the ability to actually ditch/belly land/crash land and not the somersault action that is currently in place where the plane begins to have a yard sale across the landscape. Bailing out, because the stats and "life" should follow the pilot and not the plane.

But they committed to their market, and that market is Battlefield of Duty in the skies.

#3700598 - 12/17/12 11:58 AM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
You guys need to get a room...

duel

[Linked Image]
#3700655 - 12/17/12 01:50 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: HeinKill]  
kalimba Offline
kalimba  Offline

Originally Posted By: HeinKill
You guys need to get a room...

duel

Not at all...It is quite friendly...I've been playing Sturmovik series since its beginings...I followed CLOD's forum during 6 years...
I remember BIG feuds on subjects like: the red tone color of Spits markings, the missing letter on some instruments in the pits, the wrong bolts on the canopy,etc...And CLOD never made it to the finish line...SO I wonder how far you can push the "realism" and what to put as priority to make a sim a sim...Its no big deal...
ANd if you go to Jason's forum, those CLOD's fanboys are at it again...But Jason warned them: it won't be as detailed as CLOD...But what will be removed and what will be a priority ? Still a mystery...

Salute !

#3700948 - 12/17/12 08:33 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: kalimba]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

Originally Posted By: kalimba

ANd if you go to Jason's forum, those CLOD's fanboys are at it again...But Jason warned them: it won't be as detailed as CLOD...But what will be removed and what will be a priority ? Still a mystery...

I wonder how it will shape up compared to clod.

#3701020 - 12/17/12 09:48 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
FlyingMonkey Offline
FlyingMonkey  Offline

Down under in Adelaide
I think War Thunder is doing a great job when it comes to the amount of details in the planes (graphically it's beautiful and I've never cared if a bolt had a wrong shape etc) and the realism settings will most likely get there (the full real battles have already hinted at that). I think the devs found a great balance to produce a lot of quality content without limiting the quantity (there is simply a massive amount of content plane wise and in term of theatres) and they also got the whole thing running really smoothly. In comparison to other developers that's quite an achievement. I'm not worried about unfinished and weird FMs, RoF had those too and as long as the game can live long enough these problems eventually get sorted with time.
Then there is the historical realism, and that's another story linked to game design rather than engine limitation - I don't want to repeat myself on this topic though. I just find it a pity that historical realism does not seem to matter to many, because the War Thunder engine would be perfect for a ww2 wide historical sim sand box, but I guess I'm in a minority there...

#3701194 - 12/18/12 03:09 AM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: FlyingMonkey]  
kalimba Offline
kalimba  Offline

Originally Posted By: FlyingMonkey
I think War Thunder is doing a great job when it comes to the amount of details in the planes (graphically it's beautiful and I've never cared if a bolt had a wrong shape etc) and the realism settings will most likely get there (the full real battles have already hinted at that). I think the devs found a great balance to produce a lot of quality content without limiting the quantity (there is simply a massive amount of content plane wise and in term of theatres) and they also got the whole thing running really smoothly. In comparison to other developers that's quite an achievement. I'm not worried about unfinished and weird FMs, RoF had those too and as long as the game can live long enough these problems eventually get sorted with time.
Then there is the historical realism, and that's another story linked to game design rather than engine limitation - I don't want to repeat myself on this topic though. I just find it a pity that historical realism does not seem to matter to many, because the War Thunder engine would be perfect for a ww2 wide historical sim sand box, but I guess I'm in a minority there...

Well, there is the catch 22 : Those who would care about accurate realism have already labeled WT not a sim, and they have big doubts it will ever be, based on Gaijin previous "sims"...
So the question is : If WT becomes a sim with ultra realism, will it bring in the hardcore fans ?
WT has about 18 months to prove itself ...And become a super contendant in that niche....

Salute !

#3701208 - 12/18/12 03:39 AM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
IV/JG7trumps Offline
IV/JG7trumps  Offline

Perth australia
It looks pretty, but there are really basic issues that need to be resolved before it can be called a sim, flight models, and dynamics need to be improved and brought up the level of CloD, which although far from perfect is much more realistic than WT is. the grafting style of gameplay has to go, if you don't have historically based match ups then you don't have a sim. the maps need to be a lot larger, and accurate representations of the theatres that these historical battles were fought. there aren't many traditional sim fans that will be happy with airstarts because the only way they could reach desired altitude with their bomber is to fly laps around the map for half an hour! no doubt WT will be a success, just like WOT is, fans of traditional sims are getting thin on the ground, and the instant gratification gang is growing by the minute. not many kids these days wan't to spend the time learning how to start the engine and manage it correctly, or learn how to takeoff and land without trashing the plane. WT plays like a console sim, and could be flown just as well with a game pad, try doing that with CloD, or RoF.

Craig

The problem with the World is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#3701301 - 12/18/12 08:38 AM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

Quote:
and could be flown just as well with a game pad,

Bull, you probably didn't even play FRB.

And you compared it to clod,,,,,,which is a released game with over a year of patching and with rof with 3 years of patchig......and wt is in beta,,,,,seriosly?????!

If all of you tried rof or clod beta you wouldn't want to play it ever again. I guess Gaijin should never allow beta acces and release this game a year from now because some don't know what a beta is, what placeholders are etc.

Judging from the postings some expect a beta to be on par with a game that had 3 years of patching. Londo

And people on clod forums would say that one cockpit would take months of making,,,, do you know how things take time to build? They will not create out of thin air, Gaijin is not Jesus.

Quote:
and the instant gratification gang is growing

You are talking about the instant gratification..... but the one that wants instant gratification is you by not acknowledging that this is not a finished product and will not be atleast for another year. If you would take your time to do investigation about WT you would see that many modes are still not implemented and are planned. It does not take a lot of effort, maybe 10-20 min max to search their main site.And then you wouldn't have to post all of this and spreading disinfo. And you talk about instant gratification kids when you can't get 10 mins to search for that info for yourself and talk about how this game bad is when clearly there are plans to expand it? phuuuleease.
If it would be otherwise you wouldn't make this lengthy post practicaly confirming that WT is a beta. Who woulda thunk it ? Thanks for confirming what we all know.

#3701306 - 12/18/12 09:04 AM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

btw WT already has more advanced FM features than clod or rof have, here:

Quote:
Added detailed DM for fuel tanks. When a tanks is hit the fuel start leaking from this particular tank only. Groups of tanks in the fuel system will be implemented later.

slats

Engines won’t start automatically after a stall

Overheat can occur before take-off, in the air on low speed and in WEP mode as well

#3701336 - 12/18/12 11:20 AM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
IV/JG7trumps Offline
IV/JG7trumps  Offline

Perth australia
Originally Posted By: JimBobb
Quote:
and could be flown just as well with a game pad,

Bull, you probably didn't even play FRB.

And you compared it to clod,,,,,,which is a released game with over a year of patching and with rof with 3 years of patchig......and wt is in beta,,,,,seriosly?????!

If all of you tried rof or clod beta you wouldn't want to play it ever again. I guess Gaijin should never allow beta acces and release this game a year from now because some don't know what a beta is, what placeholders are etc.

Judging from the postings some expect a beta to be on par with a game that had 3 years of patching. Londo

And people on clod forums would say that one cockpit would take months of making,,,, do you know how things take time to build? They will not create out of thin air, Gaijin is not Jesus.

Quote:
and the instant gratification gang is growing

You are talking about the instant gratification..... but the one that wants instant gratification is you by not acknowledging that this is not a finished product and will not be atleast for another year. If you would take your time to do investigation about WT you would see that many modes are still not implemented and are planned. It does not take a lot of effort, maybe 10-20 min max to search their main site.And then you wouldn't have to post all of this and spreading disinfo. And you talk about instant gratification kids when you can't get 10 mins to search for that info for yourself and talk about how this game bad is when clearly there are plans to expand it? phuuuleease.
If it would be otherwise you wouldn't make this lengthy post practicaly confirming that WT is a beta. Who woulda thunk it ? Thanks for confirming what we all know.

heya muppetx, if you took the time to actually read my post instead of just chucking your usual little wobbly you would have noticed that i did not can the game, merely stating what i feel is required to make it an attractive proposition to the simmers amongst us as against the gamers! FYI i do like to and where ever possible play my sims with all the reality options cranked up, I can read and have been quietly following the progress of this one, as i do with pretty much any WWI/II sim, i have tried it and have seen all the unavailable options, like everyone else, and am hoping they really do have some sim worthy options hidden behind those greyed out boxes.
we will see eventually, and then i will try it again for another look!

Craig

The problem with the World is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#3701441 - 12/18/12 03:37 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

Originally Posted By: JimBobb
btw WT already has more advanced FM features than clod or rof have, here:

Quote:
Added detailed DM for fuel tanks. When a tanks is hit the fuel start leaking from this particular tank only. Groups of tanks in the fuel system will be implemented later.

slats

Engines won’t start automatically after a stall

Overheat can occur before take-off, in the air on low speed and in WEP mode as well

None of those features are more advanced than CloD or RoF.

#3702271 - 12/19/12 05:06 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

You did not fly 'full real battle' mode with newest FMs and the last you flew was probably few months ago, so unless you go and fly those more than 2 flights, you can't comment.

I on purpose played older flight sims like il-2 or aces high and then went on to WT, it felt more advanced in every way for the things which are completed (like graphics and fm of some planes).
Obviously the things which are not finished yet (like dm) might feel arcade because they are simply not finished.

#3702277 - 12/19/12 05:13 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

Full real battle with XPs, and 1939 planes vs 1946 jets, and air starts, and small two airfield maps, and funneled Battlefield of Duty combat, and HUD data?

The FM in AH2 is way better than WT. Still can't ground loop in WT.

Last edited by NattyIced; 12/19/12 05:14 PM.
#3702286 - 12/19/12 05:20 PM Re: Wt vs reality [Re: JimBobb]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

You say XP i could say the same about points in AH2. 39 vs 46 only exists because there is no tiered matcha making yet, and the same about AH2 spit 1 vs me 262, on a fantasy map with 3 sides where everyone fights vs each other, you call that realistic? WT atleast have axis vs allies, FRB you start from ground not air. Maps in FRB are not small, you need few minutes to get to the battle.
What's wrong with HUD data? You have in every other sim, also AFAIK aces high 2 uses icon for up to over 5km lmao. You don't have that in FRB, so which is more arcade now ?
Ah 2 is not a real sim because it has enemy icons! see? i can cry wolf too.

btw FM in WT feels way more natural than in AH2. I just camed back from flying both.

First you need to go and fly FRB, you have 5 total flights in overall in WT and that was probably months ago,saw your gamer card, yea that gives you the bragging rights.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.