Hop To
#3698537 - 12/13/12 11:20 PM KSP 0.18 fun  
VonBarb. Offline
Earth-bound misfit
VonBarb.  Offline
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot

The Dust,Pandora
A few shots I took while playing with the latest version of KSP. All vanilla parts.

While putting the first module of my second Space Station in orbit, I caught a Solar eclipse :

Later on, trying to de-orbit one of the small modules I had launched to practice docking. Having been designed to stay in orbit
and not come back, this one could not separate its engine and RCS systems from the capsule. To avoid putting too much stress on the chute, I had to burn all the way down to the ground :

Now to go retrieve the pilot in his damaged module :

After the failure of the land solution (KSP craft have a tendency to take off even in the absence of wings over a certain speed biggrin ) I modified the module to attempt an even more daring project : Sea vehicles !

Feet wet ! First observation : The module floats ! Second observation : Kerbin water seems to be made of something close to custard cream...

As a apply more thrust, the front of the ship sinks into the water, and eventually cartwheels... I find a good balance allowing me to reach speeds close to 14kts. Not bad for a sailing ship, but below expectations for a turbofan-powered craft. Fuel consumption is also very high, and my operational range is slightly over a dozen miles...

Since I could not go by land, or by sea, I tried to go by air :

The plane was surprisingly stable (this part of the game seems to have greatly improved with the last version) however the high speeds and narrow landing gear don't go together, as I was reminded when I attempted to land...

After the failures of my surface experiments, time to get back "out there" and add the first module to Domus II :

Getting close, and sweating bullets...

Contact !

Meanwhile, a little trip to the Mun in a grossly over-engineered lander :

And my latest mission, a Voyager-like probe sent to explore the local planets. Passing Minmus...

... and now orbiting Duna after a fierce battle against its moon, Ike, 's gravitational field :

Cheers

Nico

Last edited by VonBarb.; 12/13/12 11:22 PM.

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3698689 - 12/14/12 04:44 AM Re: KSP 0.18 fun [Re: VonBarb.]  
EinsteinEP Offline
Just a Noob
EinsteinEP  Offline
Just a Noob

Tucson, AZ
Nice stuff, Nico!

Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.