Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3692329 - 12/03/12 08:02 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: Chivas]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Originally Posted By: SlipBall
Originally Posted By: rootango
Good news, but I doubt the project is near completion as BlackSix suggested it won't make the Alpa stage until next year.

do you remember what his exact statement was by any chance, or the thread it was in ?

if they a;ready have been working exclusively on BoM for over a year by now, my expectation would have been an early 2013 release for BoM. their main problem is solved with a working gfx engine now, and many of the new objects (ground vehicles, aircraft, new scenery) are near completion. i would have thought they'd be keen to release a well working product as soon as they can to recoup some of their reputation, and provide additional CoD fixes and new features that can be used in it as soon as they possibly can

I remember that discussion and B6 revealing some of what is planed for us, after I get a few beers in me, I'll do a search

edit:

BlackSix on the witness stand

last post on that page and further thoughts followed...now where did I leave that bottle

I know there was a BlackSix post referring to the Sequel reaching alpha stage in the new year, but I won't bother reading thru the hundreds of posts from the developer, some people call non-communication to find it. wink

Here, it is on the next page

It's problem for me, because I'm learning English but I didn't finish this process at present.
Central ideas from this articles:
1) we are developing MMO game based on CloD engine
2) announcement will be soon, June 2012 is deadline
3) it will be hardcore game (as old Il-2 and CloD) for the true simmers
4) alpha version will be ready in 2013

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3692335 - 12/03/12 08:10 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: JG52Krupi]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi
I would if you said the same thing about ROF but since you always praise one and not the other when they both look fantastic I only see your rather heavily biased "opinion".

Im sorry you dont like my opinion Krupi, im not telling you your wrong to like CLOD am i? im chuffed to bits you think its brill. I wish i felt the same way, but i dont.

I don't care what your opinion is but when you spout BS I will call trumps on it, that's all.

And where did i BS? so nicely put as always Krupi.

#3692541 - 12/04/12 02:00 AM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: Chivas]  
SteveGee Offline
SteveGee  Offline

Planet Earth
....The naysayers have called the sim dead for years, and have been wrong for years, hopefully the developers next project will continue the naysayers long losing streak.

Winning streaks usually aren't followed by the producers pulling funding for continuation of the project, especially when it's still in an unfinished state. Winning streaks aren't usually accompanied by releasing a product that doesn't even do what the developers stated, and continue to state, that it would do on their own product website. Winning streaks aren't usually recognized as going hand-in-hand with the turning down of developer-stated features within the product because they A) Don't work right or B) Cause too many FPS problems or C) Cause the product to crash to desktop.

I think "winning streak" is a bit much of a term to be used when referring to CLoD.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
"Politicians are like dirty diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason."

Mark Twain

"I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every, single minute of it."
#3692569 - 12/04/12 03:14 AM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: SteveGee]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: SteveGee
....The naysayers have called the sim dead for years, and have been wrong for years, hopefully the developers next project will continue the naysayers long losing streak.

Winning streaks usually aren't followed by the producers pulling funding for continuation of the project, especially when it's still in an unfinished state. Winning streaks aren't usually accompanied by releasing a product that doesn't even do what the developers stated, and continue to state, that it would do on their own product website. Winning streaks aren't usually recognized as going hand-in-hand with the turning down of developer-stated features within the product because they A) Don't work right or B) Cause too many FPS problems or C) Cause the product to crash to desktop.

I think "winning streak" is a bit much of a term to be used when referring to CLoD.

Your betting on the wrong horse. As long as you continue your negative diatribe your losing streak will continue. Even if the development gets shut down the community will take over. The new game engine is far from dead, and has far too much potential to die. Just flying Heinkill and companies latest offline campaign proves that in spades. I've been beta testing another recent WW2 combat flight sim offline that left me cold, while the COD REDUX RAF campaign left we wanting to fly more missions. There is no doubt the sim needs a highly optimized system, and the AI needs work, but that's nothing the community can't handle.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3692612 - 12/04/12 06:18 AM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Gotta love all this speculation! biggrin popcorn

#3692617 - 12/04/12 06:49 AM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Chivas, serious question...what makes you think we are going to get such improvements in the AI? they had years and years to improve over IL2 and made zero progress, in fact some would say they have gone backwards.
You think all of a sudden they have worked it out for the sequel?

#3692619 - 12/04/12 06:52 AM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: Chivas]  
SteveGee Offline
SteveGee  Offline

Planet Earth
Your betting on the wrong horse. As long as you continue your negative diatribe your losing streak will continue. Even if the development gets shut down the community will take over. The new game engine is far from dead, and has far too much potential to die. Just flying Heinkill and companies latest offline campaign proves that in spades. I've been beta testing another recent WW2 combat flight sim offline that left me cold, while the COD REDUX RAF campaign left we wanting to fly more missions. There is no doubt the sim needs a highly optimized system, and the AI needs work, but that's nothing the community can't handle.

No, I'm not losing anything nor am I betting on any horse...even one that's reputation has it in the glue factory currently. I've got other things I can do sim-related that are as enjoyable as a fully functional flight sim (which CLoD certainly isn't), without the headaches associated with CLoD. The only thing I've lost is the purchase price I paid for CLoD and I've spent more than that in a bar on many a single night so it's no major loss. You can speculate all you want on what BOM/the follow-up is going to be like and how well it's going to perform but it's just that...pure speculation.

While I have to tip my hat to your continued optimism, I have to shake my head at your criticism of people that don't see this incomplete title...and that's exactly what it is right now, an incomplete title...in the same light as you do through your rose colored flight goggles. I'm glad that you are enjoying your time with it, Chivas...more power to you. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Those of us that have criticsms concerning CLoD are used to getting what is advertised when we buy something I guess. It's evident that some people are happy with an unfinished product and that's fine for them...it's not for me and others, though.

As for any future products, I can't be overjoyed with promises of a better title down the road from a developer who's track record isn't anywhere near a "winner" currently, given their past result....a flawed title that they advertised to be more.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
"Politicians are like dirty diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason."

Mark Twain

#3692621 - 12/04/12 07:02 AM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
911dan Offline
911dan  Offline

Originally Posted By: rootango

and where you are wrong with the high altitude flight model issue, is that the current game engine is entirely able to deal with that correctly (and is specifically designed from the start to take that into account), "they" (luthier's most recent team) have just not dealt with that as a priority while they are dealing with other issues that were more important. from luthiers statements it is intend to be resolved by the BoM release at the same time as they resolve the AI issues etc

Well, that is good "news"! whoohoo

#3692634 - 12/04/12 08:30 AM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Chivas, serious question...what makes you think we are going to get such improvements in the AI? they had years and years to improve over IL2 and made zero progress, in fact some would say they have gone backwards.
You think all of a sudden they have worked it out for the sequel?

Serious question, why would you think they're stupid enough to try and sell another faulty product. They made sales the first time around because of Maddox Games reputation. That isn't going to work again. They have two choices, shut down the development, or fix it. They're smart enough to understand their current number one priority has to be the AI and Commands, or make an MMO that would require less AI code. Personally I believe whatever they do, it will still be a serious simulator. Although I think someone will take the fall for the current state of the sim, probably Luthier, warranted or not. We don't know what went on in the development.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3692636 - 12/04/12 08:50 AM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

True Chivas, after so long working on CLOD's development, website, forum, release, patches, PR, patches you do wonder about the man who makes the decisions about these things and his level of competence at his job.

So what will they try to sell? I think all bets are off.

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 12/04/12 08:54 AM.
#3692640 - 12/04/12 09:08 AM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
I don't think that there are such dire thoughts in the front office, they know that their product will, is going to sell. After all it is a new front, with an audience who hold that theater very close to the heart. Battle of Britain was/is the big looser here, but the show continues. The Clod disappointed (and they should be) will either buy or not, but I don't think 1C on-line is too concerned about them.

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3692679 - 12/04/12 12:08 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

Anyone buying the next greatest sim ever on clod engine after clod failure ?

#3692693 - 12/04/12 12:46 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
I will buy the successor to CloD if

1.) a real weather system is implemented
2.) the grafics engine improved so that the horrible popping up of buildings is fixed
3.) the GUI gets a complete overhaul (yes, I'm looking at you, armament screen...)
4.) AI is improved to the point where it doesn't completely botch up a mission on a regular basis
5.) the sim ships with decent information/manuals for reach aircraft
6.) at least 2 big historical campaigns complete with squadron management, medals and promotions are included

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3692723 - 12/04/12 01:51 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
I'll buy it, it's about half the price of a one night on the town, out with my lady.

Clod
#3692747 - 12/04/12 03:01 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I won't touch an MMO flight sim. Zero interest. They can't make one that will be decent on the SP side.

Just look at SW:TOR. EA put more money into it than most films AND their sequels combined, and still people quit in droves because the game was in the end "just another MMORPG" and NOT the KOTOR 3/4/5/ad infinitum w/MP support they said it would be. If EA can't make that work, after the mess that CloD has been what would make anyone believe they could make anything other than "Warbirds or Aces High with CloD engine"? To be clear, there are probably many simmers who would welcome such an MMO.

I am not one of them. I know there are others who feel the same, who bought CloD, but will totally disregard any "sequel" that dumps that SP/MP model for an MMO.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3692782 - 12/04/12 04:57 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
SteveGee Offline
SteveGee  Offline

Planet Earth
If it's a MMO, I have no desire to play "Air Quake" because that's the only way it would be successful, from a market/bottom line view.

Mark Twain

#3692815 - 12/04/12 05:51 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: Robusti]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
[If this is true, that is double reason I will not buy it. [/quote]

+1 Furthermore, after the CLoD debacle, I have no confidence in the devs at all. At the present rate of progress some of us may

well die of old age even if a good sequel is ever made. Note I used the word "good". That means it is not a half-assed disaster like

CLoD was. And this time I wont buy till I see reviews from credible sources. The higher the scores the better. I will look at 4 or 5 reviews and if

they dont average out to at least 8 out of 10, its not even worth my time.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3692847 - 12/04/12 06:41 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: rootango]  
911dan Offline
911dan  Offline

Quote:
the current game engine is entirely able to deal with that correctly (and is specifically designed from the start to take that into account)

My current car is entirely able to deal with speeds of up to 200 mph and is specifically designed by Porsche to take that into account. Does that mean it will ever actually attain such speeds?

#3692872 - 12/04/12 07:20 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: 911dan]  
mutt13y Offline
mutt13y  Offline

Melton Mowbray
Originally Posted By: 911dan
Quote:
the current game engine is entirely able to deal with that correctly (and is specifically designed from the start to take that into account)

My current car is entirely able to deal with speeds of up to 200 mph and is specifically designed by Porsche to take that into account. Does that mean it will ever actually attain such speeds?

Hey everyone i know we're discussing CLOD but i just want you all to know that i drive a porsche 911.

And i drive a Ford Mondeo with orange go faster stripes and blues and twos on the top...
magnumride
Sorry! But i can't see the relevance of comparing a car to a PC engine.

I would rather be a Man of Value than a Man of Success.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulum
#3692896 - 12/04/12 08:02 PM Re: more good news from DEDA at sukoi.ru on the positive future of the SoW series [Re: LukeFF]  
Boilerplate* Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Boilerplate*  Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Hotshot

Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Gotta love all this speculation! biggrin popcorn

Some things never change. hahaha

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2336294/Meaningless_Speculation_Re_Bad.html#Post2336294

It's a Game. smile
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.