Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3691898 - 12/02/12 11:30 PM Introducing FlightFX for ROF!  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Pilots,

If you already enjoy SweetFX with ROF, then you'll love FlightFX for ROF!

What is FlightFX?

It is an app that allows you to manage your SweetFX settings in ROF with the help of a GUI.

FlightFX was developed by our friend Gabi Lazar aka Laser at my encouragement.

If you are already using SweetFX with ROF:

1. Download and install FlightFX.

2. Before you open it for the first time, copy your current SweetFX settings file for ROF found in the Data folder and place it in a safe place. Then give it a unique name. Then place your newly named SweetFX settings file into the FlightFX-Presets folder. The default path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightFX\FX\SweetFX\Presets.

3. Launch FlightFX app and create a profile for your ROF install by telling FlightFX where you have installed the ROF.exe.

4. On the Profile Manager tab check the Enable SweetFX box to enable it for your ROF install. When you check the box, FlightFX installs all the necessary files into your ROF folder and sub-folders. When you uncheck the box, it removes those files from your ROF folder and sub-folders.

5. Then click on Edit SweetFX Settings button.

6. While on the FX Settings tab click on Load From and then select your previous settings file you renamed earlier. This will associate your old settings with ROF within FlightFX. You can then tweak from there if needed. There is no need to apply the settings, it has already been applied on the fly.

7. Minimize FlightFX and start ROF and you should see your SweetFX settings in-game. You can Alt-Tab between ROF and FlightFX to make real-time changes just as you have done before with the .txt file.

Make sure to read the included Readme. You can access it by hitting the Help button.

If you are new to SweetFX with ROF:

1. Download and install FlightFX.

2. Launch FlightFX app and create a profile for your ROF install by telling FlightFX where you have installed the ROF.exe.

3. On the Profile Manager tab check the Enable SweetFX box to enable it for your ROF install. When you check the box, FlightFX installs all the necessary files into your ROF folder and sub-folders. When you uncheck the box, it removes those files from your ROF folder and sub-folders.

4. Then click on Edit SweetFX Settings button.

5. While on the FX Settings tab click the Load From button and select the SweetFX_ROF_settings preset. This will give you a good starting point for further tweaking. Make any changes you wish and remember that you do not need to apply anything. it writes the changes on the fly.

7. Minimize FlightFX and start ROF and you should see your SweetFX settings in-game. You can Alt-Tab between ROF and FlightFX to make real-time changes just as you have done before with the .txt file.

Make sure to read the included Readme. You can access it by hitting the Help button.

Note: Program which keys do what on the Profile Manager tab before you fly with FlightFX. Choose keys that do not conflict with other programs or controls within ROF itself. To see any new changes you made you'll need to refresh the shader. The "key-code" is the technical key # Windows uses for the button you chose. Just place your moure cursor in the box and press a key to assign.

Download FlightFX

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3691908 - 12/03/12 12:05 AM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Scoobe Offline
Scoobe  Offline

Wow, this is neat! This will appeal to the tweaker in me!

Great job Lazar!

Rob

Intel Core i7-3770K
GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)
MSI GTX 960 GTX 4GB
#3691912 - 12/03/12 12:17 AM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Laser Offline
Laser  Offline

@Jason,
Thank you for all the support given when writing the application, and for the above tutorial!

@Scoobe,
i hope you'll find the program useful - and easy to use smile

#3691919 - 12/03/12 12:29 AM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: Laser]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Nice, thank you this will make things a lot easier thumbsup

#3692255 - 12/03/12 06:00 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
TychosElk Offline
TychosElk  Offline

Great. thumbsup

It works with RoF, and should work with CloD too (SweetFX does), I wonder if it will work with Silent Hunter 4? Time for a little experiment... ahoy

Edit - Nope, crashes SH4 at startup. mycomputer Oh well, worth a try...

Last edited by TychosElk; 12/03/12 07:25 PM.
#3692486 - 12/04/12 12:19 AM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

I've assigned Scroll/Lock key to Turn ON/OFF Shaders, but it does not seem to do anything... I expected that the Sweet FX would be toggled on/off. Any suggestion what I have done wrong? Ohh...If I enable Split Screen(=1) in the FX Settings, I do get split screen (diagonal split), with one side showing dramatically improved/enhanced color intensity. I have tried three different keys for "Reload Shaders" and none has had any effect.

Bottom line: I do not seem to be able to implement/apply Sweet FX settings/options.

P.S> I've never used Sweet FX before.

Any advice?

#3692502 - 12/04/12 12:48 AM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
I assign U for On/Off 6 for Screens and 7 for Reload Shader. If half your screen is showign an affect than its working. Try to get the On/Off button situated first, then worry about re-loading.

Jason

#3692514 - 12/04/12 01:02 AM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
TychosElk Offline
TychosElk  Offline

DoolittleRaider, I suspect that the way Windows handles the 'scroll lock' key may be the problem - it won't generate a normal 'key pressed' event, so Sweet FX may never see it.

#3692522 - 12/04/12 01:29 AM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Barkhorn1x Offline
Barkhorn1x  Offline

Davie, FL
I get no split screen and I have it enabled. My screens look exactly like the ones Jason posted above. Anybody else get this issue?

Oh, dumb question; This does work w/ ATI cards, correct?

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
#3692553 - 12/04/12 02:35 AM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
TychosElk Offline
TychosElk  Offline

It seems to work fine with my AMD 6970.

#3692629 - 12/04/12 07:55 AM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Laser Offline
Laser  Offline

@TychosElk - about Silent Hunter - Perhaps you have to Override the data folder (second button on the right) - the symptom you describe (crash) means that SweetFX injection works, but afterwards it can not read the d3d9.fx, dxgi.fx, SweetFX_Preset.txt and the SweetFX shaders folder - because the main program SH changes the current path etc. I *guess* you will have to find which is the so-called 'data' folder - the SH folder which the SH executable sets as current when it starts loading its game data.

Short wording: play with the Override folder path, keeping it inside SH installation path.

@DoolittleRaider - if you get the split on the screen, the right side has the SweetFX effects ON - so i don't understand how can you NOT have SweetFX effects enabled. BTW, when i ALT-TAB between game and FlightFX, i don't have to hit the reload shaders key.

There are a few keys for which Windows does not send 'normal' key events - so that the underlying GUI library of the program, Qt, is therefore unable to catch: PrintScreen is one of them; but Screen Lock does work.

@Barkhorn1x - SweetFX works only when Post processing is enabled in Rise of Flight launcher. Maybe that's the issue?

#3692768 - 12/04/12 04:04 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Relix Offline
Relix  Offline

wow It's starting to feel like christmas

#3692816 - 12/04/12 05:52 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
TychosElk Offline
TychosElk  Offline

@Laser: Thanks - I'll look into it. I've also discovered that enabling 'dither' causes RoF to crash on startup, though I'm not sure I need dither anyway.

#3692827 - 12/04/12 06:09 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: TychosElk]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Originally Posted By: TychosElk
@Laser: Thanks - I'll look into it. I've also discovered that enabling 'dither' causes RoF to crash on startup, though I'm not sure I need dither anyway.

You can always enable it after the game has started.

#3692869 - 12/04/12 07:16 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
TychosElk Offline
TychosElk  Offline

Curiously, the 'dither' problem seems to have fixed itself - enabling it seems to reduce shimmering a little.

#3692918 - 12/04/12 08:32 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

I finally got most of the GUI working by considerable trial-and-error fumbling around, and with the helpful advice here in this thread... I've been working alternately with both RoF and ClOD....possibly not a good idea.

In any event, I assigned ShadersON/OFF to key #8 (following Jason's suggestion), and it now works fine to toggle FX.

I still have some confusion over certain aspects of the GUI....and, of course, I have very little to NO understanding of the scores of Setting options, so I have spent hours changing and tweaking and experimenting, jumping back and forth....Thank God for being able to ALT-Tab from Game to Desktop/FX GUI, and that the changes in FX GUI take effect immediately, without an "apply/save" step.

I am not sure that I am using the GUI correctly, though. In the Injector Settings DropDown I seem to always have to choose SMAA_PRESET_CUSTOM. At the same time, in the FX PRESET Dropdown, I pick a *settings.txt which I have previously saved with my setting choices. If I then tweak a setting, I save to that same file name. When I next start up COD, it seems that *settings.txt loads, and I can definitely switch the Shaders On/OFF with my 7 key. So far, so good.

However, my "Reload Shaders" key (#7)seems to do nothing, and I don't understand when I should use that key if it did work...

At this point, I find that I still can't quite get my head around this paragraph in the Readme/Instructions:

"When using the "Load From" and "Save To" buttons, the active SweetFX preset remains the one that is associated with the current game profile, only its contents may be changed. To change the active preset, use the "FX Preset" drop box from the game profile tab. In this way, you can never edit another preset other than the active one, but you can always save/load to a different preset which can be used later."

Sorry for being a bit Slow on the uptake with this matter. sigh

#3692956 - 12/04/12 09:38 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Laser Offline
Laser  Offline

In few words, imagine "Load From" means "Import" and "Save to", "Export". The idea is that, in a classic application, when you do a "Save as" for a current file, the new file name becomes current. When you do a "Load" or "Open" for a file, the new file gets edited.

But here, you will still edit the same *name* which you have selected in the FX Preset Drop down box. "Load from" and "Save to" only loads/saves the contents from the other files into the above one, which remains current.

Why? Because only that file is 'active' (is associated with the current game profile), and it will be confusing to have one active settings file, while you edit another - there will be no effect in the running game (when using alt-tab), which becomes confusing.

#3692969 - 12/04/12 10:00 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

One last question, to prove my ignorance I suppose:
In the CoD forums, a very popular good looking set of colour FX is referred to as "FXAA_PPI_Rev_37 using Les Neutral6 Settings as default..." . The downloaded folders/files are "injFX_Settings.h" and a dozen or so *.h files for Bloom, Colortones, Sepia etc.

How do I go about getting these files/settings "into" the FlightFX GUI utility (as an FX PRESET I assume)?

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

#3692994 - 12/04/12 10:20 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Laser Offline
Laser  Offline

FXAA is *not* SweetFX - they are incompatible as far as i know.

Now if you want to load settings from "SweetFX_by_CeeJay.dk SMAA_PRESET_ULTRA using Les Neutral6 Settings.zip" ( link ), you will just have to:

1. Unzip the archive to some folder
2. In FlightFX, have your CloD game profile selected (current, active)
3. Go to second tab, and hit "Load From" and point it to the "SweetFX_settings.txt" file FROM THE FOLDER EXTRACTED AT STEP 1 (this contains Les Neutral6's modifications).

You just modified the active preset for the CloD profile with the loaded data from that archive (Les Neutral6's).

To check, the split screen option at bottom should be disabled, yet set to 3.

Now i understand why your previous confusion about SMAA_PRESET_ULTRA: even if the name of this zip archive uses this SMAA_PRESET_ULTRA word, if you look inside the injector.ini in the archive, you will see that it is actually set to SMAA_PRESET_CUSTOM. So it's ULTRA in a metaphoric way wink
In my understanding, only using SMAA_PRESET_CUSTOM enables custom settings (on the second tab).

#3693011 - 12/04/12 10:34 PM Re: Introducing FlightFX for ROF! [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
DoolittleRaider Offline
DoolittleRaider  Offline

thumbsup Thanks very much for the explanation and instructions. Some of the Fog is dissipating...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.