#3678614 - 11/09/12 02:34 PM Re: World War Z trailer *** [Re: Gopher]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Gopher

Why base it on a book when everything about it is going change and bear no relations other than being "a zombie film"???

Product/Name recognition. Hollywood loves using it.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3678619 - 11/09/12 02:38 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
Clydewinder Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
the "fast zombies" concept is an abomination. completely misses the point. I liked the 2 Brooks books but fidelity to source material is not necessarily a deal-breaker. Stupid storylines and cookie cutter hollywood tripe is more of a deal-breaker for me.

shockingly dumb looking CGI in my opinion. Night of the Living dead was a lot scarier using a dozen poorly dressed actors, a bottle of ketchup, and some ham.

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#3678638 - 11/09/12 03:03 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
any movie that has a trailer with the sound daaaaaaaaaaang,zzzzzzzzzzzz,daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang,zzz,daaaaaaaaaaang cant be good

besides, the zuuuumbies look like cockroaches climbing a pile of dung.

#3678700 - 11/09/12 04:40 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
No Name Offline
Veteran
No Name  Offline
Veteran

"Zombies on a Plane" anyone? Thats how i would characterize the quality of this movie based on the trailer.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
#3678756 - 11/09/12 06:17 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
Duchess Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')
Duchess  Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')

Ontariariooo
Never read (or even heard of) the book.

Trailer looks great though, I know the movie will be terrible, but I think I will go see it.

Fun fact, I have not been to the movies since my first kid was born, last movie I saw was Jackass 3d smile

#3678921 - 11/09/12 10:53 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: Clydewinder]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted By: Clydewinder
the "fast zombies" concept is an abomination. completely misses the point. I liked the 2 Brooks books but fidelity to source material is not necessarily a deal-breaker. Stupid storylines and cookie cutter hollywood tripe is more of a deal-breaker for me.

shockingly dumb looking CGI in my opinion. Night of the Living dead was a lot scarier using a dozen poorly dressed actors, a bottle of ketchup, and some ham.

Slow zombies might make cinema but I don't see how they could be much of a threat, not enough to cause the collapse of civilization anyway.

#3678925 - 11/09/12 10:57 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Originally Posted By: Crane Hunter

Slow zombies might make cinema but I don't see how they could be much of a threat, not enough to cause the collapse of civilization anyway.

Sheer numbers. In the book there is a 'famous' battle in Yonkers where the Army are defending against the dead coming out of New York. They try and use normal ordnance on them but it doesn't work as they aren't the same as us anymore. Only destroying the brain stops them and when there are thousands bearing down on you taking down one or two won't cut it.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3678926 - 11/09/12 10:59 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Clydewinder Offline
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

I disagree. The sheer numbers along with the injury immunity, relentlessness, and the disease / contagion factor would be the threat. Not to mention the issue of a creature with ZERO metabolism suddenly having more physical prowess and endurance than a living pro athlete. The math just doesn't work out. zombie

Last edited by Clydewinder; 11/09/12 11:00 PM.

#3678930 - 11/09/12 11:09 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
Smosh Offline
Smosh  Offline

Gisborne, New Zealand
Loved the book and based on this trailer it looks like I'm going to hate the movie.

Rabbits, break right and climb.
#3678933 - 11/09/12 11:26 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
jdbecks Offline
Room Clear!
jdbecks  Offline
Room Clear!

England
I love a good zombie movie but this looks terrible and I truly hate the stupid looking cgi zombies and how they move! Looks like they are trying to cash in on the zombie theme and fail doing it

#3678936 - 11/09/12 11:34 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
I must admit that the speed and how they move is pretty creepy.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3678992 - 11/10/12 01:32 AM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: Mace71]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er

Sheer numbers. In the book there is a 'famous' battle in Yonkers where the Army are defending against the dead coming out of New York. They try and use normal ordnance on them but it doesn't work as they aren't the same as us anymore. Only destroying the brain stops them and when there are thousands bearing down on you taking down one or two won't cut it.

Yeah, but how would the slow variety be able to achieve those sheer numbers? Shamblers would be cut down down like the facemuncher in Miami.

Maybe if the zombies had a lot of "help" in the way of a plague or some other catastophic event that kills off a large fraction of humanity, and where the dead rise whether or not they've been infected.

#3679012 - 11/10/12 02:19 AM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
Clydewinder Offline
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

We'll find out soon enough.

#3679049 - 11/10/12 03:26 AM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Electra Offline
Wild road...
Electra  Offline
Wild road...

True West

Yeah, but how would the slow variety be able to achieve those sheer numbers? Shamblers would be cut down down like the facemuncher in Miami.

Maybe if the zombies had a lot of "help" in the way of a plague or some other catastophic event that kills off a large fraction of humanity, and where the dead rise whether or not they've been infected.

yeah, you would need something crazy like a 50 percent infection rate within the first 24-48 hours. This way, by the time LE and the .mil got all their crap in one sock, the infection rate would be through the roof.

Full fathom five, thy father lies

Harold Kahler, O4 USAF F-105D, Lincoln NE, MIA 6/14/69 LAOS
GBNF

#3679260 - 11/10/12 02:32 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: Electra]  
Clydewinder Offline
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Electra

yeah, you would need something crazy like a 50 percent infection rate within the first 24-48 hours. This way, by the time LE and the .mil got all their crap in one sock, the infection rate would be through the roof.

Or a long slow incubation rate.

#3679304 - 11/10/12 04:39 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.

If it happened today, you wouldn't believe it, no one would! Most people would be attacked and turned quite fast as not everyone has a gun or the want to smash someones head in. Even most Americans who have guns I do not believe would actually shoot someone if it came to it so people would think they were other sick people. Not everyone would be the 'last action hero' in that situation.

I could imagine it spreading quite fast.

#3679315 - 11/10/12 04:56 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: Mace71]  
Clydewinder Offline
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: MaceUK33

If it happened today, you wouldn't believe it, no one would! Most people would be attacked and turned quite fast as not everyone has a gun or the want to smash someones head in. Even most Americans who have guns I do not believe would actually shoot someone if it came to it so people would think they were other sick people. Not everyone would be the 'last action hero' in that situation.

I could imagine it spreading quite fast.

One infected person who turns in the middle of a concert or sporting event is going to make quick work of thousands of unarmed and unaware victims, as the victims turn and expand exponentially.

In other cases, if a friend or family member turns, how likely are you to put a bullet in their head? That was always an element of the Romero movies ( and the Brooks books as well ), that the zombies were still thought by some to be the people they used to be. Locked in a room or tied up until someone got close enough or careless enough to get bit.

#3679449 - 11/10/12 09:58 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
Patrocles Offline
Hotshot
Patrocles  Offline
Hotshot

Chicagoland
looks interesting...and I am not a fan of the zombie genre.

Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris
#3679450 - 11/10/12 10:03 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Maybe, but at the end of the day, really slow and stupid doesn't really amount to a civilization level threat without some additional favorable factors in their corner.

Fast zombies, OTOH, while just as stupid, are bound to be much more dangerous both on the individual level and also because there would tend to be so many more of them.

#3679452 - 11/10/12 10:20 PM Re: World War Z trailer [Re: UnderTheRadar]  
3instein Offline
3instein  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland
I remember when they shot scenes from this in Glasgow Scotland,they put up street signs and got loads of yellow cabs and such like,
I can spot the likes of George Square and other Glasgow landmarks,made to look like Philadelphia.
Mick.

"An appeaser is someone who feeds the crocodile hoping he will be eaten last"

Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.