Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3678912 - 11/09/12 10:48 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
Originally Posted By: PV1
Recall that Jason previously undertook a project to create a
WWII Burma sim in collaboration with A2A, and after about
8 months they announced it was shelved as they simply did not
have the resources between them to pull it off (and I would
guess the unspoken admission that they were unable or
insufficiently confident of success to acquire the necessary
outside investment to continue). This suggests that 777 would
love to get into a WWII sim if they could pull it off, but
also that they probably still can't (it's not like the economy
is currently looking ripe for a new sim, or much else...).

PV1,

It was not a Burma sim, it was a P-61 and then a P-47 sim set in the Pacific with the Merlin engine. I had funding set up in the beginning in 2007 and we began work, but then the funding dissappeared soon after when the economy tanked and I was never able to find more funding again for the team and I didn't want work to continue with no one getting paid. It was a good learning experience though. Then I concentrated on finding games to publish which eventually lead me to the ROF team and the rest is history.

And I'm sorry, Chivas is probably a nice guy, but he doesn't know our finances. ROF has turned a profit every year since 777 took over. Yes, we ask for continued support because when you have a program of constant development you have to remind people to keep up the support. And building a huge WWII sim is a multi-million dollar expense very few in this tiny genre can afford outright not matter what business their current title is doing. All this talk comparing CLOD to ROF is not worth the effort. Soooo much misinformation about ROF and the CLOD engines and their teams floating around. Plus so much hate and angst out there in this genre that doesn't need to be there. It annoys everyone involved in making these titles and some talented people have quite over it. Does anyone even fly and have fun anymore?

The posts at 1C were taken down because they do not appreciate their forum being used as a conduit to bash 777 and ROF and we agree with them. Such harsh comments do not further this genre at all.

Anwyays, all this has been interesting to watch, but please don't push falsehoods about the 777 Team or ROF. ROF is an EXCELLENT product and works very well on a wide range of systems. It does things no other sim does and does most things better than any other prop sim ever made. Our business model works and it's kept us going, along with our dedicated fans, for several years now. And it costs you absolutely nothing to give it a go! We have a track record of keeping our promises and having open and honest communication with our community and giving them regular updates on progress. We've worked with talented parties in the community to make some cool content for the community and we listen to our fans as evidenced by the content and features we have added. Our team, management and technology has been recognized by other organizations in the gaming industry and some have asked for our help on projects not even related to hardcore flight-sims that you will most likely never ever know about. We are not the backwater rookies some uninformed people on internet forums make us out to be.

This should be one big happy genre. I can't change what other companies have done to piss people off, but we work hard every day to improve our product and by extension the genre.

I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow is Friday and my wife is out of town so it will be a ROF MP all weekend! See you in the sky!

Jason

So when will all the incorrect FM's be corrected (This is not an attack just asking as its one complaint I hear from others that play ROF)?

I supported your product until the weapons packs came out, it is a good sim but that felt like a slap on the face. I have to admit this probably wouldn't have been a show stopper for me but the people that tried to drive a wedge between the two games soured my interest in ROF... hopefully one day I will pick up ROF again.

However if the rumours circulating about MG/COD and its sequel are true (I.e. Its demise) I will probably turn my back on flight sims the actions of the "community" has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway Good luck to you and ROF's future.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 11/09/12 10:53 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3678914 - 11/09/12 10:50 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
msalama Offline
msalama  Offline

<spoken in a tiny timid voice>

so... should i buy it now that it's fixed and all is good again?

<runs away>

#3679127 - 11/10/12 07:54 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: JG52Krupi]  
TheBlackPenguin Offline
TheBlackPenguin  Offline

Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi

So when will all the incorrect FM's be corrected (This is not an attack just asking as its one complaint I hear from others that play ROF)?

I supported your product until the weapons packs came out, it is a good sim but that felt like a slap on the face. I have to admit this probably wouldn't have been a show stopper for me but the people that tried to drive a wedge between the two games soured my interest in ROF... hopefully one day I will pick up ROF again.

However if the rumours circulating about MG/COD and its sequel are true (I.e. Its demise) I will probably turn my back on flight sims the actions of the "community" has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway Good luck to you and ROF's future.[/quote]

I can answer part of t, there isn't that many FM's which need a review, indeed you may want to read through the thread on this site called "The almighty Flight Model thread", just to get an idea of the arguments behind FM's, it is not an exact science and coupled with no doubt quite a few people blaming their tools for a lack of success I'd imagine most FM pleas get binned, quite rightly so. For those that do need it hopefully it will enter the schedule someday.

Why did the weapon mods feel like a slap in the face? For a game DLC they are very cheap and have provided a means for ROF to continue.Genuinely curious smile. There were a few idiots, honestly you only have to please yourself as this is your hobby and not let those in the peanut gallery ruin it.

You should try ROF again soon, some nice recent updates including a change to gun modeling etc.

#3679146 - 11/10/12 08:35 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
Originally Posted By: IvanK
The community anticipation is that improvements that will come with the sequels will flow through to CLOD. Of course if the sequels have been cancelled (which I believe to be the case) then what we have is it !

So 1C please tell the community what the True situation is. At present the community is in a Vacuum still awaiting that Official "sequel" announcement that was supposed to have been be made a couple of months ago.

With all respect, the "community" is at best a nebulous and possibly imaginary entity and is therefore entitled to know.. NOTHING.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3679175 - 11/10/12 10:26 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: TheBlackPenguin]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: TheBlackPenguin

I can answer part of t, there isn't that many FM's which need a review, indeed you may want to read through the thread on this site called "The almighty Flight Model thread", just to get an idea of the arguments behind FM's, it is not an exact science and coupled with no doubt quite a few people blaming their tools for a lack of success I'd imagine most FM pleas get binned, quite rightly so. For those that do need it hopefully it will enter the schedule someday.

Why did the weapon mods feel like a slap in the face? For a game DLC they are very cheap and have provided a means for ROF to continue.Genuinely curious smile. There were a few idiots, honestly you only have to please yourself as this is your hobby and not let those in the peanut gallery ruin it.

You should try ROF again soon, some nice recent updates including a change to gun modeling etc.

Well I know a lot of people from the ROF community who started posting rubbish on the banana forum so I think I will keep away from ROF for a while.

I was a huge supporter of ROF and got a few people in my squad to try it and they now have most of the aircraft and have pre-ordered the channel map but personally after playing COD I find no fun in playing ROF. I am an online pilot (clearly ROFs singleplayer is superior to CODs) and after playing COD I just don't get the buzz I used to flying ROF, there is so much to do on the ATAG server if you wanted but all I have ever seen on the ROF servers is dogfights....... YAWN no thanks.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 11/10/12 10:27 AM.
#3679201 - 11/10/12 12:24 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

You didn´t look well enough Krupi. We just had the biggest Co-op-mpetitive Dynamic Campaign up for the whole summer. CAI FEOW.

So to speak...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3679202 - 11/10/12 12:25 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3679211 - 11/10/12 12:56 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: theOden]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: theOden
Originally Posted By: SlipBall
Originally Posted By: bisher
It just seems to me we are setting ourselves up for more frustration

Why not relax and wait to see what happens

That's crazy talk!!...revolution now!!

Hell yeah!
:runs in circle:

OK good, you can be the leader

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3679218 - 11/10/12 01:07 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
SaQSoN Offline
SaQSoN  Offline

Kiev, Ukraine
So 1C please tell the community what the True situation is.

Why 1C should, or why they even would do that? Why would they tell you about a title, that hasn't been yet even was officially announced? Even if it was cancelled. 1C also doesn't have to announce a support cancellation of the ClOD title, should it ever happen. So, what's the point in all this? Why are you so concerned? Why so much noise about something, that may not even happened?
To me that looks a bit childish.

_ _ __ _ _

Best regards,

SaQSoN (Vladimir Kochmarsky)
#3679253 - 11/10/12 02:18 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: SaQSoN]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Because if there is no sequel then there is no ww2 flight sims being made...!

Only old il2 which is stale and the community shattered by mods.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 11/10/12 02:18 PM.
#3679274 - 11/10/12 03:17 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: commorange]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada

Guys, you are the definition of high maintenance...

So one night on his trip 1C didn't phone you...
(Despite the fact that the last time there were regular dev updates they received constant flak over the patch)

Now some of you are acting jealous too - 1C may or may not have been seen talking 777 Studios (So, what does that mean)??

Seriously - we need to take a break in this relationship or if we see each other it should be to have fun recreational activities only.

Originally Posted By: commorange
The community anticipation is that improvements that will come with the sequels will flow through to CLOD. Of course if the sequels have been cancelled (which I believe to be the case) then what we have is it !

So 1C please tell the community what the True situation is. At present the community is in a Vacuum still awaiting that Official "sequel" announcement that was supposed to have been be made a couple of months ago.

With all respect, the "community" is at best a nebulous and possibly imaginary entity and is therefore entitled to know.. NOTHING.

I agree. It is a little known fact - but I may also be nebulous and possibly imaginary.

#3679295 - 11/10/12 04:20 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

That's hilarious and such a great analogy!

#3679331 - 11/10/12 05:19 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: Avimimus]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
[quote=Avimimus]
Guys, you are the definition of high maintenance...quote]

It's not easy smile

I have to cross-train

#3679349 - 11/10/12 06:06 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
To be honest I'm not bothered.. Yes, it would be good to have some feedback on what this might be all about. Is it going to change my life and spoil it if anything comes of it, or not?... No, of course not!
Doing the rounds on other forums you would think that for some people, their world is about to end, it's laughable.. Grown men, (I'm assuming they are grown men) getting all bitter and twisted.
The thing I can't abide though is the drama merchants that pervade these threads and try to champion one game against another.. this leads to arguments and bad feelings, when we should all be working with each other in our common love of aviation. Are we or are we not 'brothers in arms' in that respect?

#3679353 - 11/10/12 06:23 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
If and when the new IL-2 series shuts down, the Russian forums will probably be visited by more than a couple disgruntle past employees.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3679362 - 11/10/12 06:50 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: bisher]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
[quote=Avimimus]

It's not easy smile

I have to cross-train

Just choose a sex and be done with it

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3679448 - 11/10/12 09:54 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

Ah, another classic thread by combat flight simmers. dancinfools

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#3679500 - 11/11/12 12:30 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: Trooper117]  
Boilerplate* Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Boilerplate*  Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Hotshot

Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: TROOPER117
To be honest I'm not bothered.. Yes, it would be good to have some feedback on what this might be all about. Is it going to change my life and spoil it if anything comes of it, or not?... No, of course not!
Doing the rounds on other forums you would think that for some people, their world is about to end, it's laughable.. Grown men, (I'm assuming they are grown men) getting all bitter and twisted.
The thing I can't abide though is the drama merchants that pervade these threads and try to champion one game against another.. this leads to arguments and bad feelings, when we should all be working with each other in our common love of aviation. Are we or are we not 'brothers in arms' in that respect?

yep thumbsup

It's a Game. smile
#3679513 - 11/11/12 01:15 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: SlipBall]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: SlipBall
[quote=Avimimus]

It's not easy smile

I have to cross-train

Just choose a sex and be done with it

It's not that easy. Rather delicate thing

#3679588 - 11/11/12 03:56 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
The IC forums have shutdown more rumor threads, which I take as a positive sign. Why would they care what people said if they weren't still interested in expanding the series.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.