Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3677783 - 11/08/12 08:29 AM 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD  
IvanK Offline
IvanK  Offline

Aus
We all know something is up inside 1C with respect to CLOD and the planned Moscow/Stalingrad sequels.... which I believe have been cancelled. I base that on hard information provided to me by trusted independent sources. These same sources also say that an "arrangement " has been made between 1C and 777 studios. Exactly what this arrangement is not clear. I say not clear because a third credible source provides a slightly different story.

Two options have been suggested. The first a new WWII Sim based on the ROF engine with unique new content. In this case all models and content from the Moscow/Stalingrad sequels will be trashed. The second suggestion is the porting of 3D models etc from the cancelled Moscow/Stalingrad sequels into the ROF engine to be part of the new 1C/777/ROF WWII Sim.

Foobs touched on all this in his Blog not so long ago. Many have lambasted Foobs scoop as garbage however it does actually closely agree with the info I have received from trusted knowledgeable sources.

So what is the TRUE situation ? the community are enjoying the current "Final" release patch of CLOD. It shows the awesome potential that CLOD has to offer. There is still work to be done however. The community anticipation is that improvements that will come with the sequels will flow through to CLOD. Of course if the sequels have been cancelled (which I believe to be the case) then what we have is it !

So 1C please tell the community what the True situation is. At present the community is in a Vacuum still awaiting that Official "sequel" announcement that was supposed to have been be made a couple of months ago.

Last edited by IvanK; 11/08/12 08:34 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3677787 - 11/08/12 08:47 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

I reckon the CLoD aircraft will be imported into the 777 engine and business model. I think both would be a good result.

Better cash flow for both. And we all know while 1c make beautiful cockpits, they can't code to save their lives.

#3677828 - 11/08/12 11:32 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
CHDT Offline
CHDT  Offline

Switzerland
" I think both would be a good result. "

With the exception that the game engine of ROF is just so-so graphically, to say the least.

The rejection of the CLODO engine, which is amazing on a high-end pc, would simply be the final development mistake of the numorous development mistakes the 1C team already did!

#3677845 - 11/08/12 12:30 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
We, the customers, have understood that there have been mistakes.. they, on the other hand seem to hide the unsavoury facts until it becomes so obvious a 5yr old child could see through their usual excuses. Only then do we get a glimmer that not all was well with CLoD from an official viewpoint.. given the shady and secretive screen they like to hide behind most of the time I'd be amazed if we get any kind of 'official' and meaningful response to Ivans post.

#3677897 - 11/08/12 02:00 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
They'll tell us what they feel like telling us when they feel like telling it.

The fact that some of us paid for the game before release and over 18 months later still don't have what we thought we'd get (like Il-2-style coop support) is of little concern to them. After all, they have the money.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3677908 - 11/08/12 02:15 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
It just seems to me we are setting ourselves up for more frustration

Why not relax and wait to see what happens

#3677911 - 11/08/12 02:21 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: bisher]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: bisher

I'm so with you on this one...
But I guess free time sells cheap lately...

Last edited by komemiute; 11/08/12 02:21 PM.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3677968 - 11/08/12 04:00 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
TychosElk Offline
TychosElk  Offline

Quote:
hard information provided to me by trusted independent sources

Yeah, right. Heard it all before...

popcorn

#3677982 - 11/08/12 04:18 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
JAMF Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan
JAMF  Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan

The Netherlands
There's no logic in thrashing any 3D models. They can be converted. Only if a new theatre doesn't require them, they could go on the shelf for later use.

#3677984 - 11/08/12 04:20 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
BlueHeron Offline
BlueHeron  Offline

Ottawa, Canada
Such high hopes for this sim... frown

#3677997 - 11/08/12 04:45 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
You must have missed the 'there is always hope' thread BlueHeron.

#3678066 - 11/08/12 06:22 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: komemiute]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted By: komemiute
Originally Posted By: bisher

I'm so with you on this one...
But I guess free time sells cheap lately...

Oh so true.

#3678096 - 11/08/12 06:55 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
There is a very good possibility that the investors have stopped throwing good money after bad. I would guess the Official Announcement delays have been related to finding what direction the development could best take to start making money or cancelling it altogether. If we don't see an official announcement in the next couple of months look for posts on the russian forums from people who used to work for Maddox Games. Its too bad the game engine has taken to so long to develop.

Last edited by Chivas; 11/08/12 06:56 PM.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3678146 - 11/08/12 08:12 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Jason has said he isn't going to be getting involved with 1c or WWII. However he has been using the talents of 3rd party 3d modelers for Rise of Flight. That team were involved in CloD. All this is common knowledge. Bottom line is some people have already gone from 1c to 777, but not to work on a WWII project.

IMO 777 have their hands full and taking on the CloD/BoM project as well would be a massive expense they couldn't afford.

#3678259 - 11/08/12 10:17 PM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: Brigstock]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Brigstock
Jason has said he isn't going to be getting involved with 1c or WWII. However he has been using the talents of 3rd party 3d modelers for Rise of Flight. That team were involved in CloD. All this is common knowledge. Bottom line is some people have already gone from 1c to 777, but not to work on a WWII project.

IMO 777 have their hands full and taking on the CloD/BoM project as well would be a massive expense they couldn't afford.

I agree, 777 Studios can barely afford to keep ROF alive. I think the complexity of a decent WW2 combat sim is atleast double that of WW1 sim. The detail we want in these sims have become too complex, time consuming, and expensive for most developers to take on. Maddox Games appears to be on the brink of extinction, if they haven't closed down shop already. The posts coming from Foobar, and Ivan, two people much closer to the COD development than the rest of us are ominous.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3678501 - 11/09/12 07:18 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: Chivas]  
shadylurker Offline
shadylurker  Offline

Give us the development tools then

#3678509 - 11/09/12 07:44 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Its interesting that Ivan's post has been pulled from the IC forum with no comment. It suggests to me either a forum glitch or that there is still life in some form or another. If they had completely shutdown the development, why would they care what was said in the forums?

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3678511 - 11/09/12 07:49 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
PV1 Offline
sometime mudslinger
PV1  Offline
sometime mudslinger

Ladner, Wet Coast, Canada
Recall that Jason previously undertook a project to create a
WWII Burma sim in collaboration with A2A, and after about
8 months they announced it was shelved as they simply did not
have the resources between them to pull it off (and I would
guess the unspoken admission that they were unable or
insufficiently confident of success to acquire the necessary
outside investment to continue). This suggests that 777 would
love to get into a WWII sim if they could pull it off, but
also that they probably still can't (it's not like the economy
is currently looking ripe for a new sim, or much else...).

#3678520 - 11/09/12 08:30 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: IvanK]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Quote:
777 Studios can barely afford to keep ROF alive.

Nonsense

#3678522 - 11/09/12 08:35 AM Re: 1C Time to talk to the community regarding CLOD [Re: PV1]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Originally Posted By: PV1
Recall that Jason previously undertook a project to create a
WWII Burma sim in collaboration with A2A, and after about
8 months they announced it was shelved as they simply did not
have the resources between them to pull it off (and I would
guess the unspoken admission that they were unable or
insufficiently confident of success to acquire the necessary
outside investment to continue). This suggests that 777 would
love to get into a WWII sim if they could pull it off, but
also that they probably still can't (it's not like the economy
is currently looking ripe for a new sim, or much else...).

PV1,

It was not a Burma sim, it was a P-61 and then a P-47 sim set in the Pacific with the Merlin engine. I had funding set up in the beginning in 2007 and we began work, but then the funding dissappeared soon after when the economy tanked and I was never able to find more funding again for the team and I didn't want work to continue with no one getting paid. It was a good learning experience though. Then I concentrated on finding games to publish which eventually lead me to the ROF team and the rest is history.

And I'm sorry, Chivas is probably a nice guy, but he doesn't know our finances. ROF has turned a profit every year since 777 took over. Yes, we ask for continued support because when you have a program of constant development you have to remind people to keep up the support. And building a huge WWII sim is a multi-million dollar expense very few in this tiny genre can afford outright not matter what business their current title is doing. All this talk comparing CLOD to ROF is not worth the effort. Soooo much misinformation about ROF and the CLOD engines and their teams floating around. Plus so much hate and angst out there in this genre that doesn't need to be there. It annoys everyone involved in making these titles and some talented people have quite over it. Does anyone even fly and have fun anymore?

The posts at 1C were taken down because they do not appreciate their forum being used as a conduit to bash 777 and ROF and we agree with them. Such harsh comments do not further this genre at all.

Anwyays, all this has been interesting to watch, but please don't push falsehoods about the 777 Team or ROF. ROF is an EXCELLENT product and works very well on a wide range of systems. It does things no other sim does and does most things better than any other prop sim ever made. Our business model works and it's kept us going, along with our dedicated fans, for several years now. And it costs you absolutely nothing to give it a go! We have a track record of keeping our promises and having open and honest communication with our community and giving them regular updates on progress. We've worked with talented parties in the community to make some cool content for the community and we listen to our fans as evidenced by the content and features we have added. Our team, management and technology has been recognized by other organizations in the gaming industry and some have asked for our help on projects not even related to hardcore flight-sims that you will most likely never ever know about. We are not the backwater rookies some uninformed people on internet forums make us out to be.

This should be one big happy genre. I can't change what other companies have done to piss people off, but we work hard every day to improve our product and by extension the genre.

I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow is Friday and my wife is out of town so it will be a ROF MP all weekend! See you in the sky!

Jason

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.