Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
#3662213 - 10/13/12 12:32 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
tomcat Offline
tomcat  Offline

Halifax, NS, Canada
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
Originally Posted By: eno75
Wasn't so hard to go to the dark side after all- was it TC?

I stopped right here and LOL

WC

Playing Red!? More like infiltrating.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3662372 - 10/13/12 07:36 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Wild_Turkey Offline
Wild_Turkey  Offline

Texas
I went in to the server to see 5 guys (plus the server login) beating up on each other good style. I saw Wheel take out a guy named Wild Turkey but then "cookie" came in and smacked Wheel...

Yeah, couldn't even taxi to the runway, he was orbiting the dang spawn...

Nice first taste of Multi Player there...

i5 3570k ivy(4.5 OC), ASUS Maximus V Formula, 16gb GSkill RipJaws 2133mhz, 2xEVGA SuperClocked+ GTX 680 in SLI, 2x Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD's(1 for OS, 1 for Games), Corsair H100 Watercooler,ASUS Xonar Phoebus SC, Windows 7 x64, Razer BlackShark BF3 Headset. CoolerMaster Cosmos II, XFX Pro 1250w. Samsung 46" LED TV(7100 series) ASUS VG278HE 27"144Hz, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Razer Nostromo, Razer Naga, Razer Deathstalker Ultimate.
#3662382 - 10/13/12 08:27 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Allizdog1000 Offline
Allizdog1000  Offline

New Zealand
I remember accidently teamkilling an AI vehicle on another server once. Just as my mav arrived on target on what I thought was an enemy
sam launcher I got the kick. It was then I realized what I had done. Trying to log back on straight away without success confirmed
my mistake and I felt really bad about it.

Surfice to say it made me a hell of a lot more careful about target ID. My point is I think the 5 min kick for teamkilling is ok. There needs to
be some sort of punishment, accidental or not.

Allizdog

Reference Eno's last post.

Last edited by Allizdog1000; 10/13/12 09:23 PM.
#3662393 - 10/13/12 09:21 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: Wild_Turkey]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Originally Posted By: WildTurkey
Yeah, couldn't even taxi to the runway, he was orbiting the dang spawn...

Nice first taste of Multi Player there...

Hi WildTurkey,

Good to have you join us last night. **Please** read the mission briefs. Where there is the potential for air-to-air I hope it is obvious.

For the most part, the first couple of hours in Back To School, the Red team spent the time taking out the two airbase assets and leaving the Blue A-10C's alone - especially on the ground or landing. We were all talking about you guys on SimHQ Teamspeak. But once the airbase ground assets get destroyed and General Vaz starts his helicopter ride to Beslan - there is just no way the Red Team can let you keep showing up at Beslan because if you kill moi 'eneral then Red loses!

There are two other airbases where Blue can spawn from with both Air and Warm Starts - so there are plenty of other slots to choose from that are away from the battle and the enemy a/c - and those other Blue bases are well covered by air defense.

And you can always try the dark side... lightsabers

I do hope you come back. We have a variety of missions - most are Blue co-op with a bit of Red Ka-50 spice thrown into some, but the latest three have definite potential for A-10C match-ups - Thunder Of Kojori, Back To School (that we were in last night) and iShot The Shilka.

WC

#3662402 - 10/13/12 09:33 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
tomcat Offline
tomcat  Offline

Halifax, NS, Canada
I'll second some of what Crew said above, just in case you come back and didn't just sign up so you could vent at us. biggrin We only turned against planes once the other targets were hit, and this was a required effort to clinch the game. Hopefully you'll make some more appearances here and in the game, the more familiar names the better. I played a random server this afternoon and it's not the same with random people IMHO.

#3662430 - 10/13/12 10:23 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Ahh holy cow!

Wild_Turkey - I did not notice that was your first post here at SimHQ - welcome aboard!

---

I've had enough Visual Basic for a Saturday - writing linear regression formulas for the past few hours... I have a dinner engagement tonight so I will be late at best.

tc, load up what you'd like - I have not looked at the server today with being busy with work. I'd stay away from Thunder and iShot until I can get the broken units fixed - prolly tomorrow - I have an idea that I think will work.

WC

"Your ballroom days are over, baby"

Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
#3662431 - 10/13/12 10:26 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Just so everyone knows- you get away with a few more friendly AI kills versus human kills-

Wild turkey- unfortunately at that time in that mission that kind of flogging is inevitable- and as mentioned above is simply a sign that it's time to move to another base. Looked like while wheel was watching you, cookie was watching him- and got him. The situation actually encouraged team play- which is the whole exercise.

We continue to encourage people to join teamspeak- it takes some of the hostility put of being shot down in the air or on the ground. All of the regulars I've ever seen who were in a perfect position to hit me chose to hit ground targets instead (they'd rather dogfight anyway). But if it's a matter of shutting a base down to allow their own troops to take it over... At the expense of maybe frustrating someone it's just got to be done. Spawn elsewhere as recommended above. There's lots of opportunity for revenge- believe me!!

#3662452 - 10/13/12 11:13 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Eno, folks, about the Servman Kick limits,,, again, ad nausium,,,

I put my thinking cap on and realized that Servman is the technical solution to the problem team killers with the Ban List. Once a User ID gets on the Ban List then that account will not be accepted back on the server.

The last time you got tk'd Eno, you got the guy's UID and added it to the Ban List - so unless he wants to buy another UID he won't be back. I think the idea you have of posting a Wall Of Shame is good; I suggest call it 'Eno's Firehouse Ban List'.

Two or three times I have texted warnings to a Client about their actions and Kicked them through Servman. I also Kicked a Client last night - but that was because his plane was in that half-destroyed state where it won't explode - and to Kick I used the server's Pool view because I was linked into the server on TeamView.

BTW - another good Friday night connection.

---

So, I think this:

AI tks:
1-4: Warning on screen about getting kicked for 15 minutes
5-8: kicked for 15 minutes and warning about permanent ban
>8: Ban List

Client tks:
1-2: Warning on screen of 15 minute penalty followed by permanent ban
3: 15 minute penalty
>3: Ban List

---

Back in the early 2000s I flew LOMAC a lot with my best friend - over modems and telephone headsets, like every night. And so we were flying a co-op on a long ingress, flying low and inverted and being silly and he shoots me and starts laughing about it. I was soo mad I hung up the headset and turned off the modem and wouldn't talk to the guy for a month.

---

Because we can capture the UIDs of tks and since we can Kick Clients through Servman or TeamView - and use the Ban List, I think things are well under control now.

WC

#3662470 - 10/13/12 11:50 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Wild_Turkey Offline
Wild_Turkey  Offline

Texas
I was in for a few hours, killed a few T55's but kept losing my nav to stray MM rounds...lol flying around with no CDU or nav is a pita... I'll be on later tonight as well as TS, I have the channel setup already. I am a rookie so don't expect "to much".

No venting, was just like, ok this is where it keeps spawning me...BOOM!....

I have flown LOMAC back in the day and am getting a fast grasp of this SIM. I run a TS Warthog(yeah I went all out).

Last edited by Wild_Turkey; 10/13/12 11:52 PM.

i5 3570k ivy(4.5 OC), ASUS Maximus V Formula, 16gb GSkill RipJaws 2133mhz, 2xEVGA SuperClocked+ GTX 680 in SLI, 2x Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD's(1 for OS, 1 for Games), Corsair H100 Watercooler,ASUS Xonar Phoebus SC, Windows 7 x64, Razer BlackShark BF3 Headset. CoolerMaster Cosmos II, XFX Pro 1250w. Samsung 46" LED TV(7100 series) ASUS VG278HE 27"144Hz, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Razer Nostromo, Razer Naga, Razer Deathstalker Ultimate.
#3662478 - 10/13/12 11:57 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

That's awesome wt- easier for us to help you out with some of the advanced controls if needed.

#3662482 - 10/14/12 12:07 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Wild_Turkey Offline
Wild_Turkey  Offline

Texas
Yeah, mostly just need to work on the slaving of Mavericks to my TGP, I am also still tweaking my slew after banging my head on the default setting of Monkey walking through molasses...

#3662484 - 10/14/12 12:20 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Wheel_S7 Offline
Wheel_S7  Offline

Plattsburgh,NY,USA
Wild-Turkey,

Blame TC and WC, they told me to do it...shoot any plane not red...and I did...just like a good trooper!!! pilot

#3662512 - 10/14/12 02:41 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
tomcat Offline
tomcat  Offline

Halifax, NS, Canada
Hehhehe. I got shot down twice for being stupid and not looking around for threats instead of sighting up easy targets. I have to work on that.

#3662513 - 10/14/12 02:44 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
i was on earlier and downed 3 A-10Cs w/ no problem, i always check my Map to see where my wingmen are before i fire the Aim9s

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3662941 - 10/15/12 12:18 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Productive weekend...

Ran through all the missions and made sure no glaring errors appeared in the mission editor logs for each. All disconnects from the prior version v.1.1.1.1 are corrected for this 1.2.1.6288.

Made updates such as FARP distance in Back To School - now Red Ka-50s are at the bottom edge of the Red line instead of 90 miles east, and added BLUE Ka-50s north of Beslan. This should make the mission even more interesting.

The Highway - hopefully corrected the Repair at Gelendzhik - by setting the Warehouse At Base to Blue but not adding any units there. This Warehouse At Base is new and I need to understand why it was added. Now for every mission, every airbase that plays a part in the scenario is now set to Red or Blue.

iShot The Shilka and Thunder Of Kojori are repaired - the 'missing units' thing that I hissyfitted over has now been resolved (hey if you get everything you ask for then you didn't ask for enough).

I set every mission to Scenes = High, G Effects had always been = Sim, and the Civ Traffic is per the mission. As of yesterday I thought scenes around Mozdok were Low or Medium - looked like it was missing buildings and trees.

---

Everything points forward now from my perspective.

---

Wrecking Crew

crew

Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
#3663052 - 10/15/12 07:23 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

I have figured out how to submit log files (after all this time you'd think I'd have had that one figured out a bit sooner) and I have been accumulating some over the past few days. We're not getting a lot of crashes but we ARE getting a LOT of connection problems for clients. Much to Nate's chagrin, I'm more interested than ever to make the data available to the guys who can make a difference. We run the server regularly enough I think we have a lot of data saved up... Most of it, unfortunately, was 1.1.1.1 stuff I'm sure we wouldn't have gotten anywhere with after they moved to 1.2 (dozens, and dozens, and dozens of crash logs from 1.1.1.1).

So now, I have a google drive folder with crash logs, server logs, servman chat logs (just in case it helps display what was going on) and the dcs.log.old file. I'm on night shift now so I do have a bit more free time to go in through TV and zip up those required files and put them in the folder. The plan (hopefully) is to make that file available to Nate or other testors / devs who can use the data and just pick from it- or I can just keep submitting it. Either way- I just want to do whatever I can to help patch this thing up so it can be as outstanding as they want it to be for everyone.

If anyone else has any feedback on how we can bring relative feedback to the devs / testors, please let me know.

EDIT:

These connection issues with guys out of the server are driving me crazy. I simply can NOT justify running this thing 24/7 if people can't even get into it.

I've read that the only way to use the direct IP login right now is if it's on LAN- and as you know if it's on LAN then you can't see it on the "outside."

We've got some new talent coming in- with Snipor, Turkey, Fridge (when he gets his stuff sorted out...), Blindone is relatively new still... Skate, dog, not to mention our established list of regulars...
I think that's a good crowd to keep it on LAN- use the IP on the first page to join. Frankly, to have a few unknowns come in- it's just not worth the guys we know not being able to get in on what I'm learning is a pretty consistent basis.

Last edited by eno75; 10/15/12 10:40 AM.
#3663236 - 10/15/12 03:05 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Samson Offline
Samson  Offline

Hello chaps

Just thought I'd post a quick hello as I've been dipping in and out of your server over the past week!

I used to fly a lot with the 504th VVS in lock on then left flight sims for a while. Picked them back up when the DCS series started but only single player, recently got back into them teaching a friend to fly in FSX. I listen to the Midlife Gamer podcast and they recently ran a charity drive where you picked a game from your 'pile of shame' (the stack of games one has languishing in a corner but has never had the chance to devote time to), my choice of game was DCS a-10.

Needless to say I was bitten by the bug, shelled out on a HOTAS Warthog, and am already budgeting for the obutto revolution cockpit I plan to buy next year, unless the oculus rift HMD lives up to my expectations. I also got my friend involved in A-10 after teaching him to fly in FSX so you might see him floating around too.

My attempts to get onto the server have been a bit hit and miss, but the other night we both managed to get onto the Beslan mission. It was all going swimmingly until TARS decided to throw a wobbly, blocking my axis commands when transmitting! I think I've sorted it now and hopefully will see you in the skies before too long.

S

#3663248 - 10/15/12 03:26 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Eh Samson. I haven't flown with you yet but I'm sure you've run into (hopefully not literally!) some of our regular fliers- I know they're the reason I got bitten by the bug. That venom runs deep!

We were having fewer issues on LAN setting on the server side so I think I'm going to stick With that for awhile- let guys get some decent stability for a bit. Remember- just note the ip address- and direct connect.

We do post a nice combination of training and combat missions- cooperative and adversarial- and clever mixes thereof thanks to crew.

On a separate note anyone know the status of jtac?

#3663263 - 10/15/12 04:06 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
So now, I have a google drive folder with crash logs, server logs, servman chat logs (just in case it helps display what was going on) and the dcs.log.old file.

To keep track of the log files that you put into your shared folder - add the date to the end of the file name, and use this date format for proper sorting:
dcs 20121015.log

It will be easy to reference the right logs for the days in question.

If you have multiple sets in one day, add the time in 24 hour format to separate the files:
dcs 20121015T1004.log

Other date formats won't sort correctly over time.

WC

#3663516 - 10/15/12 11:30 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse Crew Lounge... (NOW 1.2.1) [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Sounds good.

Any other news on the server?

On a positive note our overtime at work got cancelled last minute so I'm home Wednesday! See you then!

Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.