Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3658960 - 10/08/12 08:23 PM ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released.  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow

Last edited by 777 Studios - Jason; 10/08/12 08:25 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3659518 - 10/09/12 02:46 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
OlPaint Offline
An Ace in de Skys
OlPaint  Offline
An Ace in de Skys

Ohio
The "PWCG_GUI_Mod_1028_v1" is not working for me. I am running PWCG_v1.4 and ROF_v1.028 with ModsOn on my Windows XP Pro SP3 computer . After installing PWCG_GUI_Mod is see the PWCG button on the ROF main screen task bar after going 'Online'. When I click on PWCG button, I immmediately get ROF minimized to the TaskBar and get a Notepad window to popup containing a .VBS script as follows:

"
Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
DataDir = oFSO.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullName)
PWCGDir = oFSO.GetParentFolderName(oFSO.GetAbsolutePathName("..\RoFCampaign\RoFCampaign.jar"))
oFSO.DeleteFile WScript.ScriptFullName
Dim Timestamp
TmpPath = oFSO.BuildPath(PWCGDir, "autostart.tmp")
If oFSO.FileExists(TmpPath) THEN
Set oFile = oFSO.GetFile(TmpPath)
Timestamp = oFile.DateLastModified
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF
oShell.CurrentDirectory = PWCGDir
oShell.Run oFSO.GetFileName("..\RoFCampaign\RoFCampaign.jar") & " -integrated", 1, True
oShell.AppActivate("Rise of Flight")
oShell.SendKeys "{Enter}"
IF oFSO.FileExists(TmpPath) THEN
Set oFile = oFSO.GetFile(TmpPath)
IF Timestamp <> oFile.DateLastModified THEN
oFile.Copy oFSO.BuildPath(DataDir,"PWCG.autostart.txt"), True
ELSE
oFile.Delete
END IF
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF
"

This text file is written to the "C:\Program Files\Rise of Flight\data" directory with a name of '~tmpXXXXXXX.vbs' where the x's are what appear to be random alpha/numeric characters. Everytime I attempted to test ROF with PWCG GUI installed, a new '~tmpxxxxxxx.vbs' file is written with the same identical text as above.

And as I stated before, the 'Rise of Flight' game is also minimized to the TaskBar. I can restore the game to full screen by clicking on the minimized ROF task. Now back in the game, I get a "PWCG" information window that states 'Waiting for the next mission...' with a CANCEL button.

When I click the CANCEL button, I am put into the Hangar with the the normal hangar view of my aircraft revolving, like as if I am walking around it.

When I click the Mission button, I get new "PWCG" information window that states 'Do you want to turn off mission text logs? They are needed by PWCG but produce unnecessery files each time you fly a normal mission. The game will restart to apply this change.' with a YES, NO, and CANCEL buttons.

I select the CANCEL button, and the game offers the regular 'Missions list' window where I can select the PWCG mission I had previously built in PWCG Application (before I launched ROF) to fly. When I select that PWCG mission, I can fly the previously built PWCG mission normally.

I finish the mission. And then I return to the Hanger. I get new "PWCG" information window that states 'Do you want to turn off mission text logs? They are needed by PWCG but produce unnecessery files each time you fly a normal mission. The game will restart to apply this change.' with a YES, NO, and CANCEL buttons.

When I choose CANCEL, I get the 'Rise of Flight' game minimized to the TaskBar again. I can restore the game to full screen by clicking on the minimized ROF task. Now back in the game I get a "PWCG" information window that states 'Waiting for the next mission...' with a CANCEL Button.

When I click CANCEL, the NotePad window pops up with the .VBS script showing. I can restore ROF and I go back to the Hanger screen...

I find that I get another "~tmpxxxxxx.vbs" file written to "C:\Program Files\Rise of Flight\data" directory with the identical .VBS script text.

Note: In both line4 and line14 of the .VBS script, the directory location of the "RoFCampaign.jar" executable is not fully resolved ("..\RoFCampaign\RoFCampaign.jar"). Should not the script point to the fully resolved directory "C:\program files\Rise of Flight\RoFCampaign\RoFCampaign.jar" for the location of the RoFCampaign.jar executable instead?

I never get the PWCG Application to launch from within ROF at all.

OlPaint

P.S. I can restore normal operation of ROF by renaming "C:\Program Files\Rise of Flight\data\swf\interface.gfx" file to "..\interface.gfx.bak", And then relaunching ROF.

Last edited by OlPaint; 10/09/12 03:00 PM.

Within this vale
Of toil
And sin
Your head grows bald
But not your chin - use
Burma-Shave
#3659539 - 10/09/12 03:04 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
OlPaint,

I would discuss this in the ROF forum. I doubt you will get much feedback here about your issue.

Jason

#3659549 - 10/09/12 03:17 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
OlPaint Offline
An Ace in de Skys
OlPaint  Offline
An Ace in de Skys

Ohio
Jason

I tryed to post my comments to thread over at ROF Forum but I am unable to save my posting to the thread. I will try to post at ROF again.

BTW, my comments about using the 'Fully Resolved' directory address for "ROFCampaign\ROFCampaign.jar" in my posting above also had to be applied to in my PWCG Application Config setup for me in order to get PWCG to work at all for me!!!

OlPaint

Within this vale
Of toil
And sin
Your head grows bald
But not your chin - use
Burma-Shave
#3659556 - 10/09/12 03:27 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
AnKor Offline
AnKor  Offline

Russia
Hi!
This is AnKor85 from ROF forum, I have registered on SimHQ some time ago, but never had a chance to post anything here smile

OlPaint,
That's one detailed description you've made! Thanks for the effort smile
Actually everything seems right except of course .VBS file that should not show up in Notepad. This is VBScript (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBScript) file which is a small script that I use to simplify the switching to PWCG and back to ROF. By default it should be executed just like an .EXE or .BAT file, but somehow it got associated with Notepad on your PC. It seems to happen sometimes.
The fix is simple. Since you are on XP the solution from this site should help: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/vbscript-files-open-with-notepad/
Download the zip from that site and run "vbs_fix_xp.reg" to make .VBS runnable again.
You may need to logoff/logon current user for this change to be applied (or just restart the PC, or it may work immediately, I'm not sure wink )

The file is created with random name (to avoid any conflicts) everytime you run PWCG from ROF and then immediately deletes itself to avoid cluttering your ROF folder. So normally you shouldn't see it. The path to RoFCampaign is not resolved intentionally (or rather for simplicity) because ROF UI doesn't actually know the folder it is installed to, and all paths are relative to its "data" folder.

Last edited by AnKor; 10/09/12 03:34 PM.
#3659566 - 10/09/12 03:50 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Recon3 Offline
Recon3  Offline

Close to going insane (Vancouv...
OlPaint, I'm not up to speed on PWCG versions but in Jason's link to the other forum, under "How to install and use?", he mentions PWCG 11.3 or higher is required. If you say you're running PWCG_v1.4 then there might be a problem.

1 degree every 72 years
#3659690 - 10/09/12 06:15 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: Recon3]  
PatrickAWilson Offline
PatrickAWilson  Offline

Tx
Originally Posted By: Recon3
OlPaint, I'm not up to speed on PWCG versions but in Jason's link to the other forum, under "How to install and use?", he mentions PWCG 11.3 or higher is required. If you say you're running PWCG_v1.4 then there might be a problem.

I'm going to guess that he meant 11.4. 1.4 is about three years old.

#3659817 - 10/09/12 08:27 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
OlPaint Offline
An Ace in de Skys
OlPaint  Offline
An Ace in de Skys

Ohio
Thanks, Patrick, for correcting my typo...I did mean PWCG_v11.4. Doh!!!

And Ankor, your fix worked like a charm. PWCG_GUI_Mod is now operating as advertised!!! I even discovered a buttom on the PWCG Mission Selection screen that launches my selected mission directly back in ROF. Fantastic!

OlPaint

Last edited by OlPaint; 10/09/12 09:31 PM.

Within this vale
Of toil
And sin
Your head grows bald
But not your chin - use
Burma-Shave
#3660316 - 10/10/12 04:47 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: OlPaint]  
Relix Offline
Relix  Offline

I even discovered a buttom on the PWCG Mission Selection screen that launches my selected mission directly back in ROF. Fantastic!

OlPaint [/quote]

Do tell, I have been launching it manually

#3660325 - 10/10/12 04:59 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: Relix]  
PatrickAWilson Offline
PatrickAWilson  Offline

Tx
Originally Posted By: Relix
I even discovered a buttom on the PWCG Mission Selection screen that launches my selected mission directly back in ROF. Fantastic!

OlPaint

Do tell, I have been launching it manually [/quote]

If PWCG was started by RoF there will be a "Fly Mission" button at the top of the mission briefing screen. That returns control to RoF and launches the mission. If you want to fly right away don't "Accept" the mission as that will return you to PWCG campaign menu. press "Fly" and it will launch immediately.

#3660466 - 10/10/12 07:36 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
I did extract this, but were to put the interface.gfx
is this with in the SWF folder?????

#3660746 - 10/11/12 03:52 AM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Relix Offline
Relix  Offline

thank you. I'll give it a try in the morning

#3660749 - 10/11/12 03:55 AM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Relix Offline
Relix  Offline

Hey Dutch, it goes in the Rof data swf folder

#3661001 - 10/11/12 03:37 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Relix Offline
Relix  Offline

that works perfectly
Thanks Patrick
Thanks 777

#3662561 - 10/14/12 07:30 AM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Works like a charm AFTER I disabled blocking of scripts in my Panda antivirus. smile

Thanks guys!

If you're close, get closer.
#3662843 - 10/14/12 07:47 PM Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Not here, it shows the error of missing data after trying to make a mission claim report!!!

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.