Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
#3611487 - 07/22/12 02:06 PM Re: New DCS plane: Typhoon +Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
ForSquirrels Offline
Veteran
ForSquirrels  Offline
Veteran

Now we just need to get someone to do a Tornado and the RAF would be well represented... as well as the Luftwaffe, Italian Air Force and Royal Saudi Air Force.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
--Mark Twain

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

XBL: fmdckr81
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3612881 - 07/24/12 08:37 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

Arafo, Canary Islands, Spain
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1499732&postcount=49
Quote:
A quick update for you all.
Work has started on the electrical, fuel and hydraulics systems.
Who knew pouring over schematics was so much fun :/

Meanwhile the skinning team are doing an awesome job and we hope to post some pics soon.

Work on the manual has also started and you can expect some great work from our illustration designer.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1509016&postcount=84
[quote]
We are proud to present an awesome skin made by Blondie - Skin XX278 2012 Hawk Solo

I'm sure you'll agree he's done an awesome job!!

Real Red Arrows Skin

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1515491&postcount=61
Quote:
One small step for man, one giant leap for Ells!!

Who would believe that doing a 3 stage flaps switch was so hard.
Well let me clarify, I've never coded in lua before. My background is Web design and ASP, however all coding follows the same logic with different hooks.

After racking my poor little brain for the past two weeks, I had a eureka moment in the shower...

I figured out the logic and the hooks and now we have a fully functional 3 stage flaps switch, and of course working Gear buttons

Ok I know it's not much but for me was a big breakthrough.

At least I can crack on helping the team with simple little coding things.

YAY for me!!!
Hehe

I'll post a quick video up soon of a tour of the pit and some working stuff.

Chris

More News to the Front
#3613876 - 07/26/12 10:15 AM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
JonnyD Offline
JonnyD  Offline

The Fens, UK
Wa-hew! biggrin

Now that is what I'm talking about! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Where do I sign up....?

I'm sure I'll like the Typhoon, but I can see me spending a lot of time in the Hawk - days, months, no - years! thumbsup

PS - agree, though - we desperately need some different terrain to fly over - what we've got is just so, well, old. It is what will stop me buying FC3.

Can't say Nevada floats my boat, either, but it's a start, I guess. When it gets here.

also - that's not a Red Arrows skin pictured in the post before this one, merely a display aircraft. They have done quite a few very nice ones, especially the RAF Benevolent Fund display aircraft (with the big red heart underneath). There is also a relatively new one out for the anniversary of one of the squadrons (2sqn? not sure now) and the 'famous' SpitHawk, which carried the camo job of a WWII Spitfire to commemorate the anniversary of 19 Sqn RAF.

Might have to look at doing some skins for this, if possible. Only done FSX repaints up to now.

Last edited by JonnyD; 07/26/12 05:34 PM.

I say it as I see it
#3615473 - 07/28/12 05:10 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1517534&postcount=32
Quote:
Well it's the moment you've been waiting for.
What does the Hawk cockpit look like in DCS: World?

Here you go:
http://youtu.be/TKYg8PBZaiM

As the disclaimer on the video says this is an early build and improvements to the model, textures and everything else you see are continiously being worked on, but please feel free to ask any questions about what you see.

Also don't forget to subscribe to the new channel to see updates we post up.

Enjoy,
Chris.

-----
Quote:
I've just added another video which shows the close up of the cockpit switch test system.
This will also show you some great attention to detail within the model.

Same disclaimer applies.

http://youtu.be/sMNIKaecDBc

------

Otro pequeño update
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1517529&postcount=72
Quote:
Another short update.
Work has been going well on the SFM and trials last night were very impressive and even the trim functions are working very well.

But more excitingly work has begun on the Advanced Flight Model!!!
ED have given us access to AFM functions and after our engineers passed out with excitment they are starting to get to grips with way more physics stuff than my little brain can handle.

This is an exciting time for all dev teams and whilst none of us know how long it will take to develop an accurate AFM, you can bet it's going to be awesome when it's working properly.

We'll be releasing a short video soon showing off the cockpit and some functioning switches/buttons/gauges/dials.
Suffice to say that I flew around the map for about 6 hours last night just looking at the cockpit shadows as I banked around the sunlight and had a big grin on my face.

On the coding front, I've made good progress with basic electircal and fuel systems and now to get the engines started from cold
I'm sure our coders will rip my code apart for structure, but it's working, and I'm learning haha

Anywho I hope you enjoy the video when it's posted up.

Cheers,
Chris.
______

More News to the Front
#3616051 - 07/29/12 07:56 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Python Offline
Python  Offline

United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
Comrades, we have an opportunity for 9 of us to go online and perform the worlds worse Red Arrows display in history smile

Im in salute Can't wait for the hawk in all its DCS glory.

Corsair 650D
Core I7 3770K @ 4.5Ghz
Asus Sabretooth Z77
EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked
8GB Corsair XMS3
Be quiet! Dark rock pro v2
240GB Corsair force 3 SSD
1TB seagate Barracuda HDD
Corsair TX 850W
Bitfenix Spectre pro fans all round.
Windows 7 64
#3619360 - 08/03/12 11:34 AM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1522518&postcount=92

Quote:
Weekly update:
It's been a very quiet development week for me with Olympic fever going on here in London, go Team GB!!!

Our coder Yammo is back from holiday and has started to work on systems integration. Not much to show here yet apart from what you've seen in the videos.
We have 3 stages of development on systems:
1. Simple click a switch do something, turn something on, etc.
2. Link systems together, I.e. lights to electrical, engines to fuel, etc.
3. Build in full schematic systems for fuel, avionics, electrical, engines etc.

This approach allows us to get functions working one by one and is easier to debug.
If we started with no. 3 and built in all of the bus and busbar systems in electrical, it would be much harder to debug.

Crow has started on cockpit lighting and I can tell you flying around at night with side lights lighting up the panels is awesome.

Blondie and Crash are busy with new skins.

We're holding fire on the AFM at the moment to get the basic systems up and running so we can tie them into the AFM, although work is ongoing with Hawk aerodynamic data gathering.

Have a great weekend guys and I hope you're enjoying seeing London in all it's glory with the Games.
By the way, I spent 3 and a half years working on the Athletes Village building the apartment blocks the Athletes are staying in and am very proud to have contributed to something so amazing.

Team GB!!!

More News to the Front
#3619439 - 08/03/12 02:05 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Keithb77 Offline
Keithb77  Offline

UK
Brill, will buy it as soon as its available!
But, as others have said, DCS World needs to be true to its name, currently its just a very small and sadly boring bit of the world.

That Hawk needs to be taking off from RAF Valley, whipping across the Menai straits, up past Mount Snowdon and slipping down the valleys, for a simulated low-level attack on (I wont say the O word) avoiding interception by Typhoons whilst dodging along the Thames....

Cheers
Keith

#3619623 - 08/03/12 05:43 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Perhaps DCS It's a Small World? smile

Oh wait, ED will NOT risk Disney's army of lawyers.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3619632 - 08/03/12 05:57 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Jedi Master]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Perhaps DCS It's a Small World? smile

Oh wait, ED will NOT risk Disney's army of lawyers.

The Jedi Master

It's a world of laughter,
A world of VIKHRs.
It's a world of hopes,
And a world of TAD SPI TMS Aft Short.
There's so much that we share,
That it's time we're aware,
It's a DCS world after all.

Chorus:
It's a small world after all.
It's a small, small world.

#3619776 - 08/03/12 09:37 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Keithb77]  
Python Offline
Python  Offline

United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Keithb77
Brill, will buy it as soon as its available!
But, as others have said, DCS World needs to be true to its name, currently its just a very small and sadly boring bit of the world.

That Hawk needs to be taking off from RAF Valley, whipping across the Menai straits, up past Mount Snowdon and slipping down the valleys, for a simulated low-level attack on (I wont say the O word) avoiding interception by Typhoons whilst dodging along the Thames....

Cheers
Keith

This sounds like simulation heaven to me wink

Corsair 650D
Core I7 3770K @ 4.5Ghz
Asus Sabretooth Z77
8GB Corsair XMS3
Corsair TX 850W
Windows 7 64
#3620014 - 08/04/12 09:28 AM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
JonnyD Offline
JonnyD  Offline

The Fens, UK
Skysim do an excellent Hawk T1 for FSX, so if you've got that it might be good for practising the procedures in advance so you know mostly what you're doing when this is released. (edit - APU is not modelled though frown )

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0908/Skysim/Hawk.htm

While others are reading manuals, watching videos and scratching their heads confused

you'll be going YEEEEEHAAAAAR! at 500kts and treetop level whoohoo

I say it as I see it
#3620088 - 08/04/12 02:23 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Python Offline
Python  Offline

United Kingdom
I love the Skysim Hawk but the security programmes kill it. You cant use FS recorder unless your in another skysim hawk for example... and you can't fly it at all with UAC turned on. well you can do both if you like lego blocks and pause screens i guess. Other than that its one of my favourite addons for FSX.

Last edited by Python; 08/04/12 02:24 PM.

Corsair 650D
Core I7 3770K @ 4.5Ghz
Asus Sabretooth Z77
8GB Corsair XMS3
Corsair TX 850W
Windows 7 64
#3625384 - 08/13/12 09:05 AM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1529500&postcount=99
Quote:
A small update:

I am currently moving out of my flat, so all of my gear is nice and snugly locked away in storage until I get back into a permanent home with Internet connection.

I still have my laptop so can keep working on development but I may be offline for a while (albeit I do have my iPhone to keep in touch).

Development is still going well and the cockpit model is almost ready for a little touch-up to make it look used. Most parts are now modeled, animated and ready for linking to code which Yammo is hard at work on.

As previously said there won't be much visuals to update on as now it's knuckle down and get coding and let's be honest code doesn't look sexy haha

More News to the Front
#3625428 - 08/13/12 11:54 AM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Valisk_61 Offline
Valisk_61  Offline

Widnes, UK
Oh wow - this is amazing news! A detailed Hawk study is the one aircraft that could finally get me into jet sims.

I developed a real affection for the aircraft back in the ninties when I used to produce Hawk cockpit pilot training aids. I remember creating artist's impressions for the cockpit design team too - specifically the Mk115 and 127 variants.

FS~Valisk 'Val'
www.skiesoffire.org

"I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive." - Randall Munroe
#3641769 - 09/10/12 04:43 PM Re: New DCS planes: Typhoon +BAE Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Silver_Dragon Offline
Silver_Dragon  Offline

New update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1548582&postcount=156
Quote:
Ok, enough of this washing machine malarky and time for an update.

I think it's safe to say that bringing Tango into the team was a wise decision, the man is a machine!!!
In just a couple of weeks he has achieved what would have taken me several months to code.

All code has been written from scratch based on the Hawk systems and behaves exactly like a BAE Hawk T.1A

Here is a simplified list of what is currently functional within the cockpit:

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
* Batt 1 and Batt 2
* Battery discharge logic
* Battery charge logic (Hawk T1.A spec)
* Commoned battery bus
* Battery contactors
* Essential Bus
* Generator bus
* Ground power connection logic (Hawk T1.A spec)
* Ground power shortcut key
* Ground power contactor
* All AC inverters, transformers and contactors are modelled
* Standby instruments and standby radio power switches
* All systems will be tied to the correct busses, requiring certain minimum voltages to operate

AHRS - ATTITUDE DIRECTION INDICATOR (PRIMARY ADI)
* Attitude indicator
* Gyro spool-up and down, and accurate useful run-time after power failure
* Acceleration effects due to maneuvering
* Acceleration effects due to increase/decrease in speed
* Natural erect rate
* Fast align sensitive to gyro RPM
* Auto fast-align based on power state
* Fail flag

AHRS - HORIZONTAL SITUATION INDICATOR (HSI)
* Gyro-spool up and down, and accurate run-time after power failure
* DG mode Earth rate error based on aircraft latitude
* DG mode transport rate error sensitive to aircraft latitude, heading and ground speed
* DG mode transport rate correction (fixed at 350 kts GS and sensitive to aircraft heading)
* DG mode Latitude selector knob fully operational (used to calibrate earth rate and transport rate corrections - AHRS does not know aircraft position)
* DG error accumulation due to maneuvering
* DG mode tumble
* DG heading manual set function
* SYNC mode includes magnometer simulation (located in the top of the vertical fin)
* Magnometer errors due to maneuvering (positional)
* SYNC mode auto correct rate at 1.5 degrees/min during level unaccelerated flight using inputs from magnometer
* Manual and auto FAST SYNC mode
* SYNC IND fully functional in SYNC mode (parks in vertical position in OFF or DG modes)
* Fail flag

STANDBY ATTITUDE INDICATOR
* Gyro errors specific to this instrument
* Acceleration errors
* Maneuvering errors
* Instrument-specific transient errors during maneuvering
* Multiple failure modes (topple compensation mechanism and topple due to maneuver limits being exceeded)
* Manual cage mode/erect
* Natural erect rate
* Fail flag

STANDBY DGI
* DG mode
* Maneuvering limits
* Accumultive error due to maneuvering
* Earth rate error
* Transport rate error sensitive to aircraft heading
* Manual heading set
* Manual cage function
* Topples when maneuvering limits exceeded
* Fail flag

TURN AND SLIP CO-ORDINATOR
* Topples (permanent in-flight as no reset function)
* Inaccurate at low RPM/topples on ground if spin-up time not observed before taxi
* Fail flag (flag disappears when at operating RPM)

DUAL AIRSPEED INDICATOR
* Compressibility effects
* Outside Air Temperature affects Mach (simulation weather system limited)
* Affected by alpha and beta

PRIMARY ALTIMETER:
* Requires DC supply
* Kholsman calibration window (hPa)
* Displays density altitude (sensitive to OAT as well as pressure)
* Fail flag

BACKUP ALTIMETER
* Pure pressure instrument
* Kholsman calibration window (hPa)
* Displays density altitude (sensitive to OAT as well as pressure)

VERTICAL SPEED INDICATOR
* Based upon atmospheric model
* Instrument lag

MAGNETIC COMPASS
* E2C compass including all behaviors during turns ("swing" sensitive to heading and direction of turn, sensitive to acceleration, pendulum effects)
* Integrated lighting

AIR DATA SYSTEM
* Complete air data simulation

CAUTION AND WARNING SYSTEM
* CAWS (Caution and Warning System) core fault system is implemented and fully functional.
* Attention-getter lights fully implemented with complete logic.

COCKPIT LIGHTING SYSTEM
* Panel night lighting in development
* Tied to correct electrical systems
* Fully independent brightness control system
* Emergency lighting system tied to DC ESS bus
* Emergency lighting dimmer due to reduced number of bulbs used for function

I'm hoping to record some video this week to post up, so keep an eye out for that.

Thanks,
Chris.

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 09/10/12 04:43 PM.

More News to the Front
#3642235 - 09/11/12 01:27 PM Re: New DCS plane: Typhoon +Hawk [Re: SkateZilla]  
Fevriul Offline
ShowTime 100
Fevriul  Offline
ShowTime 100

Skate Zilla

Chevron11
Cooler Master HAF 922, 700W OCZ, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Corsair H100 Water Cooled AMD FX-8120@4.0 GHz, 16GB G.SKILL Sniper @ DDR1600, Sapphire DualX HD7950-OC@1.0 GHz Core/6GHz Mem,
ASUS VS248H-P 24" LEDx3, 5760 x 1080 Eyefinity, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champion, RCA 1000w DD5.1,
CH Fighterstick+Pro Throttle+Pro Pedals, Intensity Pro 10-Bit HDMI Video Recording, InfiniTV4 PCIe
WD 1.5TB Black SATA3, SG 1TB SATA2, 2x SG 500GB SATA2, 1x SG Ext. 1TB USB3

Seriously dude, just looking at your spec, and its insane! so jealous

#3642253 - 09/11/12 01:48 PM Re: New DCS plane: Typhoon +Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
redpiano Offline
redpiano  Offline

Eurofighter typhoon looks awesome! Definitely grab that.

#3642278 - 09/11/12 02:33 PM Re: New DCS plane: Typhoon +Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
are these planes down the line of A-10C, or FC3 in complexity?

"Burn them all."
--------------
Intel Core2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
#3642284 - 09/11/12 02:40 PM Re: New DCS plane: Typhoon +Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
If the Title is sold as "DCS:-Hawk" for example, expect system detail in line with the A-10, Ka-50 or P-51.

If it doesn't use the DCS name in the title, it is likely to be less detailed, and you will have to ask the developer for details.

Nate

#3642486 - 09/11/12 08:05 PM Re: New DCS plane: Typhoon +Hawk [Re: Genbrien]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I'm supposing "no DCS = FC level" because frankly how much would you pay for a plane with lower than LOMAC levels of realism? Not enough to make it worth their time to do it I would imagine!

I'm fine with that, I've flown LOMAC/FC for almost 10 years and think it's fine (other than a couple of *ahem* AAM issues) so I'm not a "it must be DCS or no sale!!" fanatic.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.