Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3629553 - 08/20/12 02:51 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit ***** [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
serenity7 Offline
serenity7  Offline

Very good review, I enjoyed that video.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3629569 - 08/20/12 03:15 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
serenity7 Offline
serenity7  Offline

That's a very thorough review, a nice read!

#3630173 - 08/21/12 05:28 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: Deigs]  
defdude Offline
defdude  Offline

I was going to post that link, nice review from the AB guy. Nice and clean, R3volution looks sick.

#3630592 - 08/21/12 09:19 PM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

Here I'm sitting in my living room boxes and bubble wrap every where and I'm trying to piece the R3Volution together. However I didn't get far due to there being hardware missing. It's a known issue and is being addressed. Too bad as I was hoping to get this thing together and turn some laps in it today.

Oh well crap happens.

Not missing any hardware, updated hardware listing below.

Last edited by *Panther*; 08/23/12 06:10 AM.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#3630691 - 08/22/12 12:19 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
Taipan Offline
Sim Addict
Taipan  Offline
Sim Addict

Sydney, Australia
What's missing?

Are they fixing it with all suppliers?

#3630751 - 08/22/12 02:42 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

I'm missing bolts and the issue has been reported back to Obutto. Main Performance PC is addressing their orders, no idea about other suppliers.

UPDATE: Not missing any hardware, updated hardware listed below.

Last edited by *Panther*; 08/23/12 06:09 AM.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#3630837 - 08/22/12 09:33 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
obutto Offline
obutto  Offline

CHINA | USA
The r3v flight stick & throttle mount are the same really, just changed the overall height (which anyone could do with a hacksaw anyways by cutting down the inserting pipe. We do plan on making an A-10 specific mount in the near future (prob by Christmas) which will be similar to the ones you've seen in here that peeps have modded, like Taipan mentioned. Also, we may have the yoke mount (coming out of the centre stick mounting post) as an accessory by Dec as well.

RE the side monitors, yes we used super heavy custom made 27's in our pics, and I mean super heavy as they have no plastic but use metal casing's. Of course these make the side monitor mounts sag some but there are height adjustments on each VESA mount so you can get them equal. Just put your middle monitor in the lowest setting and then the side monitors on higher settings......ck out the r3v triple mount video along with rest of our assembly videos on our site through the FAQ page. Here is a link to the page: r3v Assembly VIDS

*****VERY IMPORTANT***** If you purchased a r3v cockpit, please watch the assembly videos as we made changes to the packaging last minute, so the instructions that come with the cockpit don't jive as we pre-assembled certain parts that we didn't originally plan too. Also, some hardware may appear to be missing if you do a bolt count compared to the instructions, just know the instructions do not reflect an accurate amount of bolts as some are already assembled. Lastly, there is a typo that says to use 8ea M8x15mm in the first step, it should read use M8x16mm bolts.......sorry for the confusion wink It will be fixed for the next shipments to distributors.

****EDIT**** ok below is what bolts should be included with your cockpit (ie the correct bolt count)

r3volution main cockpit hardware - current batch

Socket Cap Head bolts:

M8x16mm = 10ea (8ea for centre spine, 2ea for front of pedal tray)
M8x20mm = 10ea (4ea for steering mount, 4ea for keyboard tray)
M8x45mm = 24ea (could be 2ea more for surprise cup holder)
M8x80mm =10ea

Hex Head bolts (for mounting seat only):

M8x45mm = 4ea

For attaching monitors to VESA plates:

M4x7mm = 4ea
M4 flat washer = 4ea

Nuts, washers:

M8 nuts: 44ea to 50ea
M8 spring washer & flat washer: 44ea to 50ea

For hard mounting controllers (prob did not make it into your boxes):

M6x15mm = 6ea

Last edited by obutto; 08/22/12 01:36 PM.
#3631023 - 08/22/12 06:15 PM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
Qual Offline
Qual  Offline

Hi Chris,

Do u have a more concrete idea of when these are going to be available in Europe , it's all a bit sketchy from beginning of sep to mid october, I appreciate it's difficult to be precise but would sometime in September be reasonable to expect , Ive held off on the ozone till i got the pc I wanted etc now I want the cockpit and with the new version coming I'm getting itchy fingers on grabbing an ozone as they appear to be in stock and I dont want to be continually waiting for the new one ! Arghhhmto many choices !

Adam

#3631057 - 08/22/12 07:14 PM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
obutto Offline
obutto  Offline

CHINA | USA
Hey Adam, thanks for your interest man wink We loaded the EU container around 7-10 days ago, and as far as i know the vessel departed around the last few days and it takes around 40-45 days to arrive in Portugal if memory serves correctly. Therefore, you're looking at early Oct. We had some delays on our side (didn't have enough triple's or flight stick mounts in stock) so please don't hold our distributor to blame as they originally had it planned to be there around mid'ish Sept, but due to our delays it will be early Oct....very sorry for makin ya wait man wink

Best regards,
Chris

#3631275 - 08/23/12 04:05 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
Qual Offline
Qual  Offline

Thanks mate, aprpreciate that

#3631286 - 08/23/12 05:01 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
defdude Offline
defdude  Offline

Can't wait, hoping to secure a R3volution in the near future.

#3631702 - 08/23/12 11:18 PM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
serenity7 Offline
serenity7  Offline

#3634190 - 08/28/12 07:33 PM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: obutto]  
Skoop Offline
Skoop  Offline

Ventura, CalifornIA
Originally Posted By: obutto
hey fellas, sry for not checking in for so long but been crazy busy getting the r3volution out heh!

Anyhow, re some of the questions earlier in the thread:

1. Yes we will make the new fully articulating keyboard tray, and the floor monitor stand + new triple mounts available as accessories to oZone cockpit owners smile The new keyboard tray also has a self adhesive mouse pad material that is not so sticky so it can easily be replaced once it wears out. We will also try to have these made for the oZone keyboard trays as they are a different shape.

2. Re if the r3volution still offers good use as a workstation, ABSOLUTELY and even better than the oZone in many ways. Instead of one acrylic tabletop (like on the oZone) the r3volution has two fully articulating tabletops. These tabletops can be pulled right up in front of you and then tilted if you choose to do so. Also, they have holders on the bottom of the tabletops to hold peripherals or other mobile gadgets when tilted. This also comes in handy when playing flight sims or racing sims as you now have a place to put your keyboard tray to the left or in a position higher up and more in your line of sight. Furthermore, the main monitor mount has a fully articulating arm which will allow the user to pull the monitor closer to them if need be....we've had many requests for something like this from our customers who are also graphics designers and architects.

Hope this provides more info on the new cockpit smile Sorry to have the price so much higher on this cockpit but it's a major PIA to make with all those welds & crazy angled cuts!! For all of those that pre-ordered in AU/NZ, EU & US we will have some instructional vids going up on the YouTube by tomorrow. Should make assembly easier for everyone wink

Thanks to all those that pre-ordered, we REALLY appreciate your support!!

Best regards,
Chris Dunagan

Great news that us ozone users can upgrade. I want to get everything but the seat. Is this possible ? Can the ozone chair be mounted to the revo frame ? Are the upgrades going to be sold as individual items or a package ? When will the upgrades be available for purchase in the US, I would buy it today if available.

Personally I would need everthing but the seat and the 2 mounts for the HOTAS. Could I just purchase the revo minus these items at a discount ? I would like to add an extra keyboard articulating arm to run 2 articulating keyboard trays.

Also, have you thought of a future addition of making the HOTAS mounts articulating like the keyboard tray ?

Sorry for the storm of questions BTW.

#3635598 - 08/31/12 07:20 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
Sagal Offline
Sagal  Offline

France
Hi, before securing my order for the r3volution with triple screen, I would like to see some pictures with HOTAS and I would like to know the dimensions minimun and maximum mostly the length with the triple screens (with 3 screens of 27").
I would like as well to have the link to the actual pdf of the user manual. I checked already the videos for putting the cockpit together.

Final question how to be sure to be part of the first delivery in Europe? Drop an e-mail to the European distributor?
Thanks in advance.

#3636170 - 09/01/12 11:53 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
Deigs Offline
Deigs  Offline

Sagal, after I build mine I'll upload a few photos. It'll have the warthog HOTAS, 3x27" monitors, a touchscreen and a few other goodies.

#3639443 - 09/06/12 10:41 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
obutto Offline
obutto  Offline

CHINA | USA
Hey Skoop, it will be upto to the distributors on whether they sell the r3volution cockpit without the seat, so it's best to check with them. I kind of doubt it though as they can't really sell the seats they have left over. Your existing HOTAS mounts will fit the r3volution frame.

As far as the r3v keyboard tray & r3v free standing monitor stand accessories, they will not be available in US until Christmas time. We simply did not make any extra's in our first production run and will not be making another run until Oct'ish, but then it comes down to when the distributors order, and shipping times.

Re using articulating arms for the HOTAS mounts, I doubt they could be made stable enough.

Hey Sagal, here is a quick pic of the r3v with an older X-52 setup from our site, and obviously centre stick. Easy to run side stick though smile r3v with HOTAS

The pics of the r3v on our site are with triple custom made 27'ers and right now I have around a 40'ish deg angle on the side monitors so it puts the total width at around 160cm.

Re getting a cockpit in EU, yes contact the EU distributor EU Distributor

#3639980 - 09/07/12 08:52 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
Deigs Offline
Deigs  Offline

Just a quick iPhone happy snap after 10+ hrs of unpacking, building, tinkering with one of these things. Its taking a lot longer then I thought.

Still got a few things to bolt on, drill and affix but this is a big project, time for a break.

It's intimidating, awesome, heavy, and a lot of fun to use. I think tweeking these things to get the right set up is a hobby in itself.

#3640501 - 09/08/12 01:38 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
jocko- Offline
jocko-  Offline

Georgetown, ON Canada
Quick question Deigs, that central screen attached to the wheel mount, how much tilt can you get out of the VESA mounting? Close to vertical or is that as far as it goes? I'm also thinking if a Helios touchscreen instrument panel is possible with the R3vo. I'm sure more pics will follow once you are done, could you concentrate some on the touchscreen mount and the stick/throttle mounts?

Also thinking of how to (center) mount a WH with a stick shaft extension, but that will have to be a custom job in order to get the base of the stick low enough... And I don't know if the touchscreen will get in the way of full forward stick throw... Or the seat cushion with back stick. After using the extension I can't imagine going back to flying with just my wrist, unless it's a side mount.

Last edited by jocko-; 09/08/12 01:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

Cheers!

jocko-

417 RCAF
#3640977 - 09/09/12 02:43 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
Deigs Offline
Deigs  Offline

You can go full vertical if you wanted.

The touch panel is possible, I'm rocking a 22" HP Compaq L2206tm touch screen panel, running Helios for DCS-10C using Cpt Loz's Profile. Highly recommended addition for DCS users.

Here is a few pics of the joystick centre mounting. I'm going to mod mine so it fits just the round base of the Warthog, and also toying with ideas how I can lower the stick, and then have a extension installed.

#3641053 - 09/09/12 07:14 AM Re: The New Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit [Re: MPPC_Mike]  
obutto Offline
obutto  Offline

CHINA | USA
Glad to hear you rec'd it Deigs, and looking forward to seeing it setup with all your kit! Thanks for your support man wink

Re using the yoke/steering wheel mount for a centre (4th display). You can attach the mounting plate upside down which gives any angle you like, including perpendicular to the ground. Furthermore, if you see yourself using this mount for something else you can attach the display to one of the tabletop arms, remove the mount (slide it all the way out) and then articulate it into the centre position when needed and off to the side when you need to use the mount for something else.

The latter may depend on the controllers you are using and where you place them though. Just throwing this out there to consider trying wink

Just like with the oZone I wanted the r3v to be mod'able and imho it is more so.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.