Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3622536 - 08/08/12 04:55 PM mission building - custom payload  
alexb Offline
alexb  Offline

Portugal
Hi all,
I'm new to DCS and mission building. I've made a training mission so me and my mates can practice but I can't find the option to allow everyone to choose their own payload. I've used other mission downloaded from other sites and at beginning there is an option with flight planner where we can choose our payload.
How can I put this in my mission?

Thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3622555 - 08/08/12 05:33 PM Re: mission building - custom payload [Re: alexb]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Hi alexb,

When you set up the Clients in your mission, there are four buttons on the Client information box on the right side of the mission editor screen... the buttons are kind of in the middle of the Client panel.

The left most button is the Waypoints editor, the next is the Weapons loadout. You can choose a default loadout or Copy one of those to a new loadout with your own assigned loadout name.

If the base you are taking off from has support capability, you can contact the ground crew and change the assigned loadout to something else that is available from the menu.

Some time ago I tried custom loadouts but did not get it to work. I'm not even sure that if I had a custom loadout list on my computer if other Clients in one of my missions would also be able to see that custom list. I stick with the default stuff, no mods here.

I'm not familiar with the "flight planner" that you mentioned above.

Wrecking Crew

crew

#3622705 - 08/08/12 09:01 PM Re: mission building - custom payload [Re: alexb]  
mrskortch Offline
mrskortch  Offline

Assuming you are using 1.1.2.0 or newer...

Make sure the starting airbase belongs to your coalition. There are two ways to do this.

1. Place any friendly ground unit within the circle around the airbase. If you are at a FARP you need to have specific units which are something like the M818 truck and a fuel truck for USA, and a comms truck, fuel truck, and GAZ-66 for Russia

2. Click the airbase and assign the coalition to be whatever side you are on. It defaults to neutral. Once you change the coalition of the airbase the color of its name will change to the coalition it belongs to.

When you load into the simulator, simply press LALT+ ' (Left Alt + apostrophe) this brings up the resource management screen and allows you to select a customized payload within the simulator. Note that if you are using limited number of resources at the base it is possible to run out. Resupply is not currently functional. However the screen should look something like this:

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.