Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3613243 - 07/25/12 12:00 PM CoH2 screens... looks sweet...  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3618911 - 08/02/12 05:26 PM Re: CoH2 screens... looks sweet... [Re: Magnum]  
Tigerwulf Offline
Tigerwulf  Offline

Wolverhampton, England
Very cool, looks good. Hopefully they'll stick to the same winning formula with some nice improvements. It'll be awful if they change it to an arcadey RTS. I thought the first one had a nice balance, but if it was a serious clickfest I don't think I would have enjoyed it.

#3618924 - 08/02/12 05:48 PM Re: CoH2 screens... looks sweet... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
agreed. wink

#3619900 - 08/04/12 01:51 AM Re: CoH2 screens... looks sweet... [Re: Tigerwulf]  
Desert_Ranger Offline
Desert_Ranger  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Tigerwulf
Very cool, looks good. Hopefully they'll stick to the same winning formula with some nice improvements. It'll be awful if they change it to an arcadey RTS. I thought the first one had a nice balance, but if it was a serious clickfest I don't think I would have enjoyed it.

Wait a sec, you don't think the first CoH was a clickfest??? Did you play the same SP game that I did??? Sure, there were moments that weren't so frantic, but most of the game I played I was either clicking like a madman or I was losing. There was much to like about CoH, but I thought it was pretty arcadey....maybe not as arcadey as other games, but arcadey nonetheless.

My worries about CoH2 are:

1 - it will just be more of the same. If Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor are any indication, more of the same is probably what we're going to get (for those who didn't think CoH was an arcadey clickfest, this obviously won't be a concern)

2 - it looks like they're going for more and bigger, which I think will be a micro-management nightmare.

3 - THQ's current situation will force an early, not-as-polished release of CoH2.

I'll be the first to admit my preference for smaller scale, squad-based RTS games so perhaps I'm not the intended market. Even so, I thought if the things that made CoH less enjoyable for me were fixed or removed, the scale of the game wouldn't have changed at all, and it would have been a better game all around. So I'm hoping CoH2 isn't just more of the same.

I'm a reasonable guy, but I've just experienced some very unreasonable things...
#3620005 - 08/04/12 08:58 AM Re: CoH2 screens... looks sweet... [Re: Magnum]  
Tigerwulf Offline
Tigerwulf  Offline

Wolverhampton, England
When compared to combat mission yes it is a clickfest, but i was thinking of games like starcraft and other force building games. I suppose there are different definitions of clickfest and CoH is on the edge of mine.

I just about coped with the speed of the first games and found them an enjoyable 'lite' game. My hope is that it doesn't go closer to the command and conquer games and remains at the pace it was or slower.

#3620259 - 08/04/12 07:53 PM Re: CoH2 screens... looks sweet... [Re: Tigerwulf]  
Desert_Ranger Offline
Desert_Ranger  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Tigerwulf
When compared to combat mission yes it is a clickfest, but i was thinking of games like starcraft and other force building games. I suppose there are different definitions of clickfest and CoH is on the edge of mine.

I just about coped with the speed of the first games and found them an enjoyable 'lite' game. My hope is that it doesn't go closer to the command and conquer games and remains at the pace it was or slower.

Fair enough, altho I just have to say Command & Conquer and StarCraft are the grand parents of clickfests and comparing CoH to either of them is meaningless IMO. Despite any similarities, they're just too different. I too hope CoH2 is NOT more like C&C, and I hope the pace is slower than that of CoH. I don't get the sense that slower is where Relic is taking this franchise but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm baffled that CoH is "on the edge" of your definition of clickfest. Either my click tolerance is too low or I'm not playing this game right......or both banghead

I'm a reasonable guy, but I've just experienced some very unreasonable things...
#3639107 - 09/05/12 07:36 PM Re: CoH2 screens... looks sweet... [Re: Magnum]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
There was another I tried that I couldn't get into because of the clickfest it needed just to survive...

World in Conflict! That was it. I was hoping for "CoH w/modern units Russia vs US" or something, but it was more like carpal tunnel in game form.

Games like Men of War and Theatre of War are slower than CoH, with things like Total War being slower still.

I agree CoH is about as fast as I like them to get.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3639580 - 09/06/12 03:37 PM Re: CoH2 screens... looks sweet... [Re: Jedi Master]  
Desert_Ranger Offline
Desert_Ranger  Offline

California
You got that right - World in Conflict was a frantic, fragfest of an affair that was mis-categorizing itself as a strategy game. But, this is what the dev was going for.....

And it was Soldiers and FoW that were slower than CoH, but I thought MoW was as much of a clickfest as CoH was. Without question, 1C was copying CoH with MoW, and then Red Tide, and then Assault Squad....especially Assault Squad!! Vietnam is supposed to be slower but I was so disillusioned with MoW I haven't given it a try yet. It sure isn't reviewing very well.

Again tho, I really hope CoH2 isn't just more CoH. As good as CoH might have been, a few improvements would take this franchise to the next level!!

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.