Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#3610867 - 07/21/12 05:47 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
Rick.50cal Offline
Lifer
Rick.50cal  Offline
Lifer

Seen it earlier, really liked it!

Bain's voice was just...too muffled for me to make out half of what he said in the movie...I was actually looking for sub-titles, but alas, they never appeared! biggrin

Dang it, wanted to see more of Anne in the skintight suit!

POLITICS, WAR, ECONOMY, CONTROVERSY! and other heated discussions and debates in the PWEC sub-forum at the bottom of this forum main page. See you there!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3610921 - 07/21/12 09:22 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
theKhan Offline
resident pacifist (sic)
theKhan  Offline
resident pacifist (sic)

Canada
Just saw it, was pretty good! Some huge scenes in there.

I used to work for a living, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
#3610952 - 07/21/12 11:27 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
Brought my 2 boys yesterday, it was ok. I didn't find it as good as the first one either. Anne Hathaway made a smoking hot Cat Women but I don't remember how Cat Women came about back in the Don West days...

Great ending though!

XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
#3611366 - 07/22/12 04:21 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
Liked it a lot. I agree about Bane's voice. I liked the quality/tone of his voice, but not the muffled part where it made it hard to understand him. Ann. I have a little crush on her anyway, but I thought she did a good job with what she had and for the most part thought Cat Woman was well done. Maybe a few more scenes to flesh out her bck story, but the way it was written you had enough to know about her, so more wasn't absolutely necessary, but woulda' been nice.

EDIT: I don't want to give anything away, but there was one scene that took me by such surprise I sat gape mouthed duing the scene. Wasn't expecting it.

Last edited by knightgames; 07/22/12 04:23 AM.
#3611509 - 07/22/12 03:04 PM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
JCathcart Offline
JCathcart  Offline

Utah
I loved this movie...really, really loved it. My wife and I judge a film based on whether or not we talk about it for days afterwards, and this one is generating a lot of discussion.

I like to look at Nolan's Batman from this perspective: What if a comic book creator was to base a hero on a real person from a real situation. Certainly, because of the comic book genre, he or she would take liberties and make it more colorful and sensationalized, while drawing from the real-life characters.

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD...

To me, The Dark Knight trilogy is what Batman would be if he lived in our world. For example, being Batman would take it's toll on Bruce Wayne...it's not something you could realistically do for decades. Ras Al-Ghul wouldn't really be immortal, nor would Bane be the size of the Incredible Hulk with magic juice flowing into his veins to give him the strength of Superman. And a real billionaire vigilante would never endanger the life of a 12-year-old sidekick, encouraging him to follow him everywhere wearing bright red and green.

The comic book stories are what the 'real" Batman would look like if he were to be re-imagined by a fiction writer who wanted to amp up the action and mythos.

As a little boy, it was Adam West's Batman who captured my imagination. As a pre-teen it was Neal Adam's incarnation that I admired. Frank Miller nailed it while I was in college. But now, as a 50-year-old man with a (slightly more) serious outlook on life, I find myself drawn to Nolan's vision.

It's not the flashy Batman I grew up with, but it's a great yarn that I found thought-provoking and inspiring.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." -- Ephesians 6: 12-13 KJV
#3611514 - 07/22/12 03:08 PM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: knightgames]  
JCathcart Offline
JCathcart  Offline

Utah
Originally Posted By: knightgames
EDIT: I don't want to give anything away, but there was one scene that took me by such surprise I sat gape mouthed duing the scene. Wasn't expecting it.

Pray tell, what was the scene? Use a few code words if necessary to protect those who have not done their civic duty and viewed this masterpiece of modern film.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." -- Ephesians 6: 12-13 KJV
#3611521 - 07/22/12 03:23 PM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
fritzthefox Offline
fritzthefox  Offline

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I liked it, and Hathaway is the best Catwoman since Newmar, but I was rather disappointed that the screenwriters seem to have never heard of the h-bomb.

Last edited by fritzthefox; 07/22/12 03:23 PM.
#3611614 - 07/22/12 06:17 PM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: JCathcart]  
Rick.50cal Offline
Lifer
Rick.50cal  Offline
Lifer

Originally Posted By: JCathcart

Pray tell, what was the scene? Use a few code words if necessary to protect those who have not done their civic duty and viewed this masterpiece of modern film.

Click to reveal..

I'm guessing it may be the scene where he gets shanked in the gut by "save the world" woman. I know I wasn't expecting it!

POLITICS, WAR, ECONOMY, CONTROVERSY! and other heated discussions and debates in the PWEC sub-forum at the bottom of this forum main page. See you there!
#3611671 - 07/22/12 07:55 PM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: JCathcart]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA

nvrmnd. I see Rick beat me. I wouldn't have done it in case there are those who couldn't help but look. (I'm probably one of those who couldn't hold back from peeking.... wink )

Last edited by knightgames; 07/22/12 08:02 PM.
#3611679 - 07/22/12 08:07 PM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: JCathcart]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
I loved this movie...really, really loved it. My wife and I judge a film based on whether or not we talk about it for days afterwards, and this one is generating a lot of discussion.

I like to look at Nolan's Batman from this perspective: What if a comic book creator was to base a hero on a real person from a real situation. Certainly, because of the comic book genre, he or she would take liberties and make it more colorful and sensationalized, while drawing from the real-life characters.

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD...

To me, The Dark Knight trilogy is what Batman would be if he lived in our world. For example, being Batman would take it's toll on Bruce Wayne...it's not something you could realistically do for decades. Ras Al-Ghul wouldn't really be immortal, nor would Bane be the size of the Incredible Hulk with magic juice flowing into his veins to give him the strength of Superman. And a real billionaire vigilante would never endanger the life of a 12-year-old sidekick, encouraging him to follow him everywhere wearing bright red and green.

The comic book stories are what the 'real" Batman would look like if he were to be re-imagined by a fiction writer who wanted to amp up the action and mythos.

As a little boy, it was Adam West's Batman who captured my imagination. As a pre-teen it was Neal Adam's incarnation that I admired. Frank Miller nailed it while I was in college. But now, as a 50-year-old man with a (slightly more) serious outlook on life, I find myself drawn to Nolan's vision.

It's not the flashy Batman I grew up with, but it's a great yarn that I found thought-provoking and inspiring.

Had the same conversation with a friend of mine. He's such a Batman enthusiast that he write Batman pulp movels. We both agree that a more naturally human angle to the series made Nolan's creation such an iconic piece of Batman lore. I know many have not liked the Cat Woman turn where she's more realistic instead of the over blown camp of Ertha Kitt or even Michelle Pffiffer (yeah, I know... I'm to lazy to look for the right spelling). I wonder what Nolan's Penguin would be like if he were to use him in a movie.

Last edited by knightgames; 07/22/12 08:08 PM.
#3611856 - 07/23/12 03:30 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Just got back from seeing this and I thought it was outstanding. Very nice "twist" with Joseph Gordon Levitt's character too.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3611859 - 07/23/12 03:33 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: Rick.50cal]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Rick.50cal

Seen it earlier, really liked it!

Bain's voice was just...too muffled for me to make out half of what he said in the movie...I was actually looking for sub-titles, but alas, they never appeared! biggrin

Dang it, wanted to see more of Anne in the skintight suit!
Agreed about Bane's voice being difficult to understand at times. Still, he was a very compelling villain.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3611868 - 07/23/12 04:05 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
WalterNowi Offline
WalterNowi  Offline

Arcadia, CA
Just got back from seeing this with my son. Outstanding movie and great music score! Christopher Nolan did not disappoint.

#3611970 - 07/23/12 10:59 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: WalterNowi]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: WalterNowi
Just got back from seeing this with my son. Outstanding movie and great music score! Christopher Nolan did not disappoint.
Hans Zimmer is a damn fine composer. My favorite work of his is his score for the Batman films and Gladiator.

#3612139 - 07/23/12 04:33 PM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
JAMF Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan
JAMF  Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan

The Netherlands
It its a weird situation, when the villain talks like Patrick Stewart and the hero distorts his voice like Kurgan from "Highlander" (Clancy Brown). biggrin

#3612404 - 07/24/12 12:23 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: JAMF]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Originally Posted By: JAMF
It its a weird situation, when the villain talks like Patrick Stewart and the hero distorts his voice like Kurgan from "Highlander" (Clancy Brown). biggrin
LOL I was thinking that during the movie too.
Quite enjoyed it, was quite an event with the Tumbler car there and getting pictures taken with it, but as we were a little late and the queue was long we never got ours taken. TV cameras and press were there too interviewing the film goers, then the manageress gave a talk before the film started, she also read out a note from Christopher Nolan giving his condolences to the people that were attacked in Aurora, we then had a minutes silence for them.

Really enjoyed the film but the wife couldn't wait until it ended, she didn't really enjoy it and I didn't expect her to.

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#3612487 - 07/24/12 02:38 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: JAMF]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
Originally Posted By: JAMF

I can't wait to hear Bane's version of A Christmas Carol.

#3612504 - 07/24/12 03:25 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: Alicatt]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Alicatt

Really enjoyed the film but the wife couldn't wait until it ended, she didn't really enjoy it and I didn't expect her to.
Did she not like it because of the violence or is she just not into the whole superhero/comic book genre?

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/24/12 03:25 AM.

#3612549 - 07/24/12 06:32 AM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Anything that smells of being slightly science fictiony and she won't like it, she will watch and enjoy the likes of A Band of Brothers or Iwo Jima/Flags of our fathers, so it is not violence.
She did have a good evening out and we had a good laugh over the evening, the fact that she remained awake through the whole film was a plus point, she is known to fall asleep after 10 minutes of a film biggrin

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#3612703 - 07/24/12 03:28 PM Re: Anyone watching Dark Knight Rises on Opening Day? [Re: 2GvSAP_Mohawk]  
No Name Offline
Veteran
No Name  Offline
Veteran

It was a disappointment compared to the previous one, which didn't feel like a comic book movie to me. Maybe Heath ledger gets the credit for that. This one was good but not great.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.