Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 168 of 176 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 175 176
#3609631 - 07/19/12 05:52 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: farokh]  
arkhangelsk Offline
arkhangelsk  Offline

Originally Posted By: milang
holy god mad

i prefer take A big deep breath for relaxation!

this news is very unormal! boom

between 2010 and latest 2011 we've got 5 systems! sa-2dvina - sa-2 volhov - sa-3 goa - sa-4 ganef - sa-5 gammon but!

at latest year we have only fixed bug and more senario! seehearspeak

i mean delay between create next system after one passed year! from sa-2dvina is normal time delay? confused

I think we are seeing a consolidation period where Hpasp concentrates on improving the stuff he made rather than making new stuff. As I understand it this project has been around for years and for quite a long time it was only SA-2E. If you compare the amount of places of little value you can click on the Volhov to the other systems, one couldn't help but think Hpasp has been concentrating a little more on quantity for awhile, and now he has expanded to cover all the systems he can, he's shifting attention back to filling out the old systems with more Quality while waiting for say SA-6 to finally go out of town or a leaked SA-10B manual or whatever else he needs.

With 5 systems to fill out now, it'll take some time.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3609634 - 07/19/12 06:22 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: farokh]  
Hpasp Offline
Hpasp  Offline

Hungary, Europe
Please listen carefully...

1, I have no commercial interest in this project at all.

2, There is not any competitor product available, so I'm not competing with anyone.
(If any would exist, than I would more than happy to critique and play with that instead of coding free time...)

So to sum up the above, I have absolutely no reason to have any "secret development" in this sim.
When I do something you know it pretty soon, as you already seen the opening screen of the upcoming new OAF situations.

yep

PS: nice reading about your foe in the upcoming situations...
http://www.gertkromhout.com/web-content/...er%20Kosovo.htm

Last edited by Hpasp; 07/19/12 07:21 AM.

Hpasp
Free SAM Simulator, "Realistic to the Switch"

(U-2 over Sverdlovsk, B-52's over Hanoi, F-4 Phantoms over the Sinai, F-16's and the F-117A Stealth bomber over the Balkans.)
http://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

Book from the author - Soviet Nuclear Weapons in Hungary 1961-1991
https://sites.google.com/view/nuclear-weapons-in-hungary/

thumbsup
#3609640 - 07/19/12 07:32 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
amalahama Offline
amalahama  Offline

Oh, that's a pity! I got really excited thinking about a Sa-6 ingame.

still, my desire for a resizable window is still up, I'd love to use this program in my new laptop, but resolution requirements are quite exigent. Is it hard to implement?

Thank you for your efforts in the product, if you made it payware you'd get a bunch of bucks for sure! biggrin

Regards!

#3609675 - 07/19/12 10:34 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
piston79 Offline
piston79  Offline

Quote:
I think we are seeing a consolidation period where Hpasp concentrates on improving the stuff he made rather than making new stuff. As I understand it this project has been around for years and for quite a long time it was only SA-2E. If you compare the amount of places of little value you can click on the Volhov to the other systems, one couldn't help but think Hpasp has been concentrating a little more on quantity for awhile, and now he has expanded to cover all the systems he can, he's shifting attention back to filling out the old systems with more Quality while waiting for say SA-6 to finally go out of town or a leaked SA-10B manual or whatever else he needs.

There is a lot that could be done on "older" system. Even just improving jamming methods or using all options at SA-5 is a huge work for Hpasp... Most of us just didn't realise how many things are not simulated - (per example, because recently I read some for S-200, the screen blinking when target is hit, when missile crossed the RPN beam AS is broking, when switching "V polete V<0" missiles should not "see" targets, because dopler searching of GSN is switched with +12 KHz from dopler frequency of the target, and so on, and so on...). So, I found more satisfaction in new battle scenarios and more "working knobs" than "WOW-GIVE-ME-THIS-SUPER-MEGA-KILL-THEM-ALL" new systems... (I even still cannot use S-4 Ganef). If someone could help Hpasp (if he agreed) - OK, but all we must be happy with what we have - and we all have A LOT thanks to this guy!

#3609680 - 07/19/12 11:07 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: piston79]  
Lonewolf357 Offline
Lonewolf357  Offline

Originally Posted By: piston79

...we must be happy with what we have - and we all have A LOT thanks to this guy!

Indeed. Hpasp did an amazing job by recreating all of these highly complex systems and more than deserves our very big THANK YOU! thumbsup

#3609683 - 07/19/12 11:18 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: piston79]  
farokh Offline
farokh
farokh  Offline
farokh

I-RAN
Quote:

There is a lot that could be done on "older" system. Even just improving jamming methods or using all options at SA-5 is a huge work for Hpasp... Most of us just didn't realise how many things are not simulated - (per example, because recently I read some for S-200, the screen blinking when target is hit, when missile crossed the RPN beam AS is broking, when switching "V polete V<0" missiles should not "see" targets, because dopler searching of GSN is switched with +12 KHz from dopler frequency of the target, and so on, and so on...). So, I found more satisfaction in new battle scenarios and more "working knobs" than "WOW-GIVE-ME-THIS-SUPER-MEGA-KILL-THEM-ALL" new systems... (I even still cannot use S-4 Ganef). If someone could help Hpasp (if he agreed) - OK, but all we must be happy with what we have - and we all have A LOT thanks to this guy!

as i remember... i always said tnQ to mr.hpasp for this huge free work without commercial interest in this project! notworthy
this is huge work...huge programing...huge simulated most famous soviet sam... and much more thing.........

Last edited by milang; 07/20/12 02:13 PM. Reason: blah blah blah notice
#3610215 - 07/20/12 05:02 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: piston79]  
arkhangelsk Offline
arkhangelsk  Offline

Nice to be able to at least decipher Russian. Sounds like a lot to look forward to.

My personal nemesis is still the SA-3 despite it supposedly being the most automated and easiest to use system. SA-2, 4 and 5 are perfectly usable compared to SA-3.

Oh yeah, and one more thank-you to Hpasp!

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 07/20/12 05:03 AM. Reason: Add thanks.
#3610309 - 07/20/12 11:52 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: arkhangelsk]  
Lonewolf357 Offline
Lonewolf357  Offline

For me, the S-75 always been the only "user-friendly" system. Its wide beam mode and track-while-scan operation gives you an unrivalled situational awareness and ability to quickly lock on and engage several targets in a row. Well, OK, I can live with S-200 as well, its range gives it a huge advantage. But Krug and Pechora... That's something. nope Never been able to achieve any combat success with them.

Last edited by Lonewolf357; 07/20/12 11:53 AM.
#3610353 - 07/20/12 01:11 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Lonewolf357]  
farokh Offline
farokh
farokh  Offline
farokh

I-RAN
Originally Posted By: Lonewolf357
: Never been able to achieve any combat success with them.

i dissagree lonewolf with this notice! pachora is a awesome system .... maybe your country no yet use from this system in real war
but sa-3 in war between iran and iraq is very bad system for iranian phantom!

one bigest fighter pilot aircraft in iran war history, also wourld war history is one guy...

name : magor genral abbas dowran

at last of mission to attack al-dore (aldoreh) near iraq... he hited by sa-3 ...but he never like to eject! grunt
...edit: no where wrote abote hit abbas doran by sa-3... but i hear some where...! because al-dora or al-doreh protected by sevral sa-3 site !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbas_Doran

Last edited by milang; 07/20/12 01:15 PM.
#3610405 - 07/20/12 02:19 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
farokh Offline
farokh
farokh  Offline
farokh

I-RAN
mr.hpasp.... ihave a qouestion about sa-12 blush

i read some where this system replace after remove sa-4 popcorn.... this system use monopulse like sa-4? rolleyes confused

#3610448 - 07/20/12 03:07 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: farokh]  
Hpasp Offline
Hpasp  Offline

Hungary, Europe

Hpasp

(U-2 over Sverdlovsk, B-52's over Hanoi, F-4 Phantoms over the Sinai, F-16's and the F-117A Stealth bomber over the Balkans.)

thumbsup
#3610487 - 07/20/12 04:17 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: farokh]  
Lonewolf357 Offline
Lonewolf357  Offline

i dissagree lonewolf with this notice! pachora is a awesome system .... maybe your country no yet use from this system in real war

one bigest fighter pilot aircraft in iran war history, also wourld war history is one guy...

at last of mission to attack al-dore (aldoreh) near iraq... he hited by sa-3 ...but he never like to eject! grunt
...edit: no where wrote abote hit abbas doran by sa-3... but i hear some where...! because al-dora or al-doreh protected by sevral sa-3 site !

I wrote exclusively about my own personal opinion about these systems, and my personal achievements (or lack of them).
By the way, the Wikipedia article claims that Gen. Doran was shot down by Roland, not Pechora...

#3610496 - 07/20/12 04:26 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Lonewolf357]  
farokh Offline
farokh
farokh  Offline
farokh

I-RAN

I wrote exclusively about my own personal opinion about these systems, and my personal achievements (or lack of them).
By the way, the Wikipedia article claims that Gen. Doran was shot down by Roland, not Pechora...

dear lonewolf i wrote my personalily opinion too thumbsup but as i remember at that age! some where in iraq(baghdad) aldoreh location, protected by sevral sa-3 system! duh...but i dont know why wiki wrote hit bye roland sigh maybe wiki wrote truth or maybe wrote ....... oops

Last edited by milang; 07/20/12 04:31 PM.
#3611326 - 07/22/12 01:54 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
jazjar Offline
jazjar  Offline

Hpasp, where did you learn so much about s 300? Do you know how the crew operates it? About the Arm engagement mode, if a target not being tracked launches, what are the chances of it making it to the s 300 undetected?

#3611331 - 07/22/12 02:03 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
jazjar Offline
jazjar  Offline

I am talking about the datalink mode of the AGM 88, so it could be launched autonomously from one aircraft, because of data from the other, that is being tracked.

Last edited by jazjar; 07/22/12 02:04 AM.
#3611350 - 07/22/12 03:23 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
bump Offline
bump  Offline

What's TWM?

Do you mean TWS or TVM? Or something else?

#3611356 - 07/22/12 03:50 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: bump]  
Hpasp Offline
Hpasp  Offline

Hungary, Europe
Hpasp, where did you learn so much about s 300? Do you know how the crew operates it?

There are so many video on Youtube, that most of its operation could be seen...

About the Arm engagement mode, if a target not being tracked launches, what are the chances of it making it to the s 300 undetected?

from 7:00, you can see the ARM autolock advertised...

I am talking about the datalink mode of the AGM 88, so it could be launched autonomously from one aircraft, because of data from the other, that is being tracked.

If the HARM is not illuminated, than it will miss.

During the first phase of OAF, usually four F-16CJ's armed with HTS pod and 2pcs HARM done the SEAD task around Belgrade.
During the war, they launched more than 1000 HARM, just hitting a few of the 32 SAM battery.

Second phase, they tried the DEAD tactic.
It means mixed formation of F-16CJ + HTS + HARM, and F-16CG + Lantrin + Paveway/Maverick/CBU.

The "Weasel in a can Falcon" (CJ) detects the approximate position of the illuminating SAM with the HTS pod, supress it with a HARM shot, sends the SAM coordinates through the datalink as a waypoint to the "Night Falcon" (CG), and that tries to found it visually by using the Lantrin (FLIR) pod, to achieve kill with PGM.

You will face this kind of formation on the upcoming OAF missions...
biggrin
... and this DEAD tactic is why Russians developed the SA-22 after OAF.

F-16CJ's after OAF were upgraded to be able to use both HTS and Sniper pod on the same aircraft...
... now each Weasel has DEAD capability.

The same F-16CJ can detect illuminating SAM with HTS, launch HARM to suppress it, find it visually with the Sniper pod, than kill it with LGB...
... during the same attack.
boom

What's TWM?
Do you mean TWS or TVM? Or something else?

Track via Missile. Sorry for the typo. Russian actually call it SAGG. (Seeker Aided Ground Guidance)
The meaning is the same.

Last edited by Hpasp; 07/22/12 01:04 PM.

Hpasp

thumbsup
#3611362 - 07/22/12 04:06 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
jazjar Offline
jazjar  Offline

You have been playing SAM Simulator for too long... When you are casually leafing through the 2K22 Tunguska manual and understand how it operates without even having to translate the russian. Anybody want to guess which SAM in the simulator it is closest to?

#3611381 - 07/22/12 05:03 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
Lonewolf357 Offline
Lonewolf357  Offline

Hpasp, thank you for your answers!

#3611383 - 07/22/12 05:13 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: jazjar]  
Lonewolf357 Offline
Lonewolf357  Offline

Originally Posted By: jazjar
You have been playing SAM Simulator for too long... When you are casually leafing through the 2K22 Tunguska manual and understand how it operates without even having to translate the russian. Anybody want to guess which SAM in the simulator it is closest to?

Let me guess. Krug?

Page 168 of 176 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 175 176

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.