Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 166 of 176 1 2 164 165 166 167 168 175 176
#3605881 - 07/12/12 05:08 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

Not really necessary - it seems to be on the maintenance/calibration/site set-up side of things, rather than operational/engagement.

There are also workshop and missile testing vans.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3606172 - 07/13/12 08:28 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
Alien_MasterMynd Offline
Alien_MasterMynd  Offline

Czech Republic
Here is the link for the article written by a former Krug maintenance technician. Sorry it is only in Czech language, but you can use google translator thumbsup

Krug

#3606178 - 07/13/12 08:56 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Alien_MasterMynd]  
piston79 Offline
piston79  Offline

Originally Posted By: Alien_MasterMynd
Here is the link for the article written by a former Krug maintenance technician. Sorry it is only in Czech language, but you can use google translator thumbsup

Krug

Why you don't pick the most interesting posts and put them here true the translator?

#3606183 - 07/13/12 09:14 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
Alien_MasterMynd Offline

Czech Republic
Well, if you wish I will do yep

#3606184 - 07/13/12 09:15 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
Alien_MasterMynd Offline

Czech Republic
This is a photo from Dobris S-200 base with 5N62V. It looks like it is equipped with IFF, is it correct?

Last edited by Alien_MasterMynd; 07/13/12 09:17 AM.
#3606185 - 07/13/12 09:19 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
Alien_MasterMynd Offline

Czech Republic
Krug:

Click to reveal..
For complete 2K11 I moved as a technician. Service vehicle for 1S32 (+ computer on 2P24) was a ZIL-131 cabinet. Marking KRAS-N (phonetically "kantrolnaja remontnaja avtomobilnaja Stanciu-guided). The body was habitable and in particular to exercise the tactics I envied by all. They were stored in the spare parts and tools. The tables were firmly embedded Stend that allowed diagnosis and correction of some blocks. In front of the simulator targets. It allowed the connection to the station (cable) run operating target directly to the receiver and at 7-orbits. Tracks target track meet practice goals pouštěného the shootings. The goal was unmanned aircraft (Lavočka) and one of the seven tracks have been identified prior to launch. Operator stations have learned to capture target practice almost by heart.
Further, the documentation KARST hauled in 8 suitcases. All documents are in Russian and in suitcases division had accurate and logical order. The security classification of the PT CANCEL (top secret special regime of confidentiality), so lose even one scheme threatened the prosecutor.
The main engineering work and exercise outside shooting, repair defects were found during exercise attendants. The exercises without HV (high voltage to the transmitter) was designed training hall. Transfer of space technology in the training hall regime was implemented in the summer time, ie 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 in winter 10:00 p.m. to 4:00. Describe the situation before 1989. The hall is practiced through the day. Served as a source of tension stationary rotary drive power of 100 kW. 3x380V made ​​from 50Hz - 400Hz 3x220V with isolated central point. They connect to it three stations if nezapínaly VN. The hall, of course, the transmitter could not run, but in turn equivalent to VN could. Equivalent to the radiator with ferrite anechoic ending where el.mag. energy transformed into heat. In a combat situation is equivalent to switching from one transmitter protection focus. Typical defects are addressed relatively quickly, experience and convey only three krasáci, but also those who were previously on the function and the commanders of stations.
And now something to the station. The front door was behind. Behind the door on the right gyro was protected by a grill. Behind him to the wall of the cylinder with compressed air, the operator opened after coming into the station. On the left side of the fuse box. In the main they were just the fuse. Today they remember only the fuse drives (3x80 3x150A azimuth and epsilon) You have changed often enough. For the control cabinets and counter gyro before him on the floor uvodorovňovač. He had just locking lever on the move. After the capture position, the driver tried to use a spirit level, compare the best gear. Uvodorovňovač took care of the exact variations of X and Y axes for the computer. In this space the antenna was connected to the box, so you should head over to the tunnel bracket and antenna connectors for circuit wiring harnesses for all the antennas. Station antenna could rotate in the range of 340 degrees. In addition, the tapered section and reduced the space for the crew. There sat operator, senior operator and commander. The operator was faced with an indicator of distance, angle indicator older operator and the commander of control and communication elements. Behind operators have an analog computer and the master of R-123 radio control and PAZ (protiatomnaja zaščita). Consisted of dividing walls dividing powerful blower and filter task was to create pressure in the station vháněním filtered air. Before the commander also found the main switch station. There was nothing noticeable, and after switching was possible to "revive" the station. To switch was very accurately determined, of course, writing. From what I remember him try to describe.
So, the commander of the main switch turns on, check all the proper lights lit. Who what now turns on, I'm not sure. Usually I was the only station commander, mainly due to space constraints. Next steps We have divided among themselves. Turn azimuth drive means. spin rotation drive (amplydyn). He had the largest collection and continued until after its complete spin. It was checked very simply - by ear. If not run the turbine as a source of tension, so it was the largest station noise. In addition, Epsilon drives are released in close succession drives the remaining antennas. Blocking the box was a dual antenna. Unblocked the mechanical (pneumatic) and electric lock. The antenna is automatically unfolded. Further progress depended on whether I came to repair or inspection. During the inspection is usually done static task. For its correct implementation was needed to turn right 7 switches. Static task was actually an indirect test of correct matching of electrical and optical axis antennas. Exact matching was done using a special vehicle (ZIL-131 back to top), indicating JUV (justyročnaja height). Made prior to service in the system and NAD before the shootings. Even after repair any mechanical antenna. JUV the mast with multiple radiators and lights. Distance and JUV station was about 100m and were connected by cable. JUV After putting into operation, it was necessary to tune to the appropriate station. Carried out using tables, the exact frequency I were not allowed to know. After tuning in to give JUV controlled from the station with the box connected to the external connectors station. (Next to the entrance door on the left). Set in the capture medium consisted JUV light television camera and transmitter to capture the machine. After canceling machine turned the antenna on the left and capture the light machine had to take place (in high light) with one overshoot. This was repeated on the right light JUV. Adjusted the potentiometers on the block for that purpose. Adjustment was even more complicated, but without documentation I will not have it together. The result was a reconciliation of the electrical and optical axis antennas.

Part 2:
Click to reveal..
Some may disagree, but I start writing about antennas.

The largest is the antenna for tracking. Dimensions do not know, but can not be overlooked. It consists of a parabola, polarizing filter and funnel. El. mag. energy is radiated funnel. Its characteristic is quite typical, including undesirable side lobes. It passes through the filter half and spread into space. After reflection from the obstacle (not necessarily just in the air) is part of the reflected energy returns back to the antenna. Pol. filter rotates the polarity and the energy gets to the receiver. After processing, the item appears on the screen. Processing including two crosses potenciáloskopy, you have the task of filtering out terrestrial objects. Set to work manually, and the principle is simple. The reflected pulse creates a spiral potenciáloskopu charged point. If you create additional momentum point in the same place (with opposite polarity), it clears up. This means that the object does not move and will not be displayed. After targeting the largest terrestrial targets potenciáloskop set to disappear "milk" from the center of the screen. Helicopters are a little teaser, but it ensures the defense in front of them other means of ROC. The station is a means for management objectives and guiding missiles, does not seek its own objectives (it is indeed quite difficult). If the goal was given as a helicopter, which is rubbed in the area, it would be invisible to her. Its destruction had to be ensured otherwise.
El.mag. energy supplied by a magnetron (you have it in the microwave) and spread to the antenna waveguide. Waveguide cross-section was rectangular and its dimensions can be calculated from knowledge of frequency, using vector mathematics. This is not about us, we did not know the frequency of the magnetron. The way the ferrite switch, the switch to the equivalent. Ended in a funnel that energy giant flare unleashed. Just before him was the worm. Part of the waveguide was like a snail shell and was used to sweep the epsilon. Coordinates of the destination station received radiolinkou and she made ​​a dish to capture. To fine-tune the operator could turn sweep. The movable portion of the waveguide Rozmital ray rocking motion in the snail, and it reflected out through the funnel. Rozmital in the range of 7 degrees on the screen flickered and the time trial in that range. Time trial flickered in beta, although Rozmital in Epsilon. Technically it could not be otherwise, epsilon is displayed on the screen. It took some practice, so you knew what to do. Epsilon is a knob on the center target getting dim. area and yet had to sweep off. If the target remained on the time trial was won.

Additional antennas were designed for a missile. It was the smallest for a wide beam. In it, he catches fire rockets at the point vstřelování. It was greater for a narrow beam. It takes a rocket after its stabilization. Last antenna (the one with embossed cover) for the RPK (radio peredača commandos) and broadcast control commands for the missile.

The station had two more antennas for radiolinku the back of the antenna vysouvala like a broom and R-123 radios have whip antenna.
So far the antennas.

Part 3:
Click to reveal..
Analog computer. (AP)
Computer stations and had Mark (2P24, rifle). Both were analog.
The Mark was much easier. Collaborated with the AP and station had a single task, direct mount to the point vstřelování.
How does the AP will try to describe only briefly, if someone did not know.
AP solve the differential equation. Dif. equation describes the curve. Guided missiles at a target is along the curve and the missile receives instructions for correcting track by calculating the AP.
The basic elements of AP are operational amplifiers (CU-celeusilitěl). Of these, formed by adding resistance or capacity of operational units. For example, inverter, accumulator, and especially a member of the derivative and integral member. By combining these units can solve the derivative of n-th order. Changes occur at the input to the system of delivering on its stability provides feedback.
The inputs are fed constant or variable values. AP operates on DC power. Calculation result is 0 What we use in practice, the voltage changes that occur by changing the inputs. AP in every moment counts rocket trajectory, so as to intersect with the target trajectory. Data inputs to the AP comes from several places. Position the antenna picks functional potentiometers. They are dráťáky and the passage is to be 100otáček. At the end of the rider does not stop, but continues to back. Other inputs are from the gyro. Mark station and provide a constant input from the rocket varies according to position missiles. Data on the location of the target receiver.
There are two methods of prompting, about to be used to rule commander. Depended on the speed, height and position of the target. Position of the minds "on arrival" or "departure." One method was 3T (3točky) ie. 3pts. Station, rocket, aim. The second method was nadběhu half. Is calculated from the end point, distant about half of the distance from the target missile. To illustrate, if the missile from the target 300m, is directed to a point 150 meters before the finish.
Select postřelování methods have been identified, what inputs and feedback will be used in calculating the AP.

Last edited by Alien_MasterMynd; 07/13/12 09:21 AM.
#3606441 - 07/13/12 06:38 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
Hpasp Offline
Hpasp  Offline

Hungary, Europe
KUB SURN (SA-6A Straight Flush) turbine start in the Hungarian Air Defense Museum...
For the third try (1:30), it kicks in

thumbsup

Last edited by Hpasp; 07/13/12 06:41 PM.

Hpasp
Free SAM Simulator, "Realistic to the Switch"

(U-2 over Sverdlovsk, B-52's over Hanoi, F-4 Phantoms over the Sinai, F-16's and the F-117A Stealth bomber over the Balkans.)
http://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

Book from the author - Soviet Nuclear Weapons in Hungary 1961-1991
https://sites.google.com/view/nuclear-weapons-in-hungary/

thumbsup
#3606503 - 07/13/12 08:13 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
montieris Offline
montieris  Offline

baltics
So Hungary didn't upgrade all of its KUBs, if this one is already on museum?

Also standing close to turbine without ear protection? No thanks smile

Here is turbine salvaged from Shilka;

#3606814 - 07/14/12 08:33 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
farokh Offline
farokh
farokh  Offline
farokh

I-RAN
Originally Posted By: Hpasp
KUB SURN (SA-6A Straight Flush) turbine start in the Hungarian Air Defense Museum...
For the third try (1:30), it kicks in

thumbsup

staright flash goes to museum hick ... that mean is (sa-6 kub in hungary remeove from servis)??? jawdrop

Last edited by milang; 07/14/12 10:51 AM.
#3606850 - 07/14/12 12:07 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: farokh]  
Hpasp Offline
Hpasp  Offline

Hungary, Europe
Originally Posted By: milang

staright flash goes to museum hick ... that mean is (sa-6 kub in hungary remeove from servis)??? jawdrop

I do not really understand your high expectations for a 2K12 KUB (SA-6A) simulator.

It is the most complex, and least user-friendly SAM system, I've ever known.

The NATO code name: "Straight Flush" is pretty much on the spot...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_flush#Straight_flush
... it points to the fact, that the SURN (fire control radar) officers has the complexity of using 5 different frequency radar systems during one engagement.
banghead

Just multiply the complexity of the S-200VE Vega-E (SA-5B) with five...
rolleyes

In my opinion, the MIM-104 Patriot...

... or the S-300PMU (SA-10B) system is much more user friendly...

... and much more threat to the fighters.

Last edited by Hpasp; 07/14/12 12:27 PM.

Hpasp

(U-2 over Sverdlovsk, B-52's over Hanoi, F-4 Phantoms over the Sinai, F-16's and the F-117A Stealth bomber over the Balkans.)

thumbsup
#3606860 - 07/14/12 12:43 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
farokh Offline
farokh
farokh  Offline
farokh

I-RAN
sa-6 is realy famous than s-300 and patriot (of course at Soviet sam collection) ....why? bump

because : sa-6 have much more Successful career at the online age !
for example: at yom kippur war sa-6 could hit around 64 aircraft with launch 95 missiles! popcorn
thats a huge Successful career reading

its my personal idea screwy if sa-6a simulate for sam simulator you can create more scenario for many years about sa-6

Service history

Yom Kippur War
Chadian Civil War
Iran-Iraq War (about 2 flight rout and hunt 6 iriaf phantom i save to my archive :D)
First Lebanon War
Gulf War
Yugoslav wars

but s-300 and patriot doesnt have any scenario frown only few scenarios

thumbsup

of course i prefer mr.hpasp begin one Polling for choose future system notworthy

Originally Posted By: milang

I do not really understand your high expectations for a 2K12 KUB (SA-6A) simulator.

The NATO code name: "Straight Flush" is pretty much on the spot...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_flush#Straight_flush
... it points to the fact, that the SURN (fire control radar) officers has the complexity of using 5 different frequency radar systems during one engagement.
banghead

Just multiply the complexity of the S-200VE Vega-E (SA-5B) with five...
rolleyes

In my opinion, the MIM-104 Patriot...

... or the S-300PMU (SA-10B) system is much more user friendly...

... and much more threat to the fighters.

Last edited by milang; 07/14/12 01:13 PM.
#3606868 - 07/14/12 01:26 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal

Actually I must admit that I also have "high expectations" regarding the SA-6 (KUB). Probably this has to do with the excelent record that this SAM had during Yom Kippur War together wth some other sucesses during Desert Storm 1991 and the shooting down of a F-16 over Bosnia. This SAM system could also allow the creation of future scenarios such as the 1982 Lebanon war (which is real life was a complete failure for the SAM systems just like in the current Lybian scenarios) or Desert Storm 1991.

I think that what also "atracts" me to the SA-6 is that this SAM system is suposedly more effective than SA-2 and SA-3 (and perhaps more effective than the SA-4?) being one of the reasons that the SA-6 is newer than the other SAMs that I mentioned but at the same time the SA-6 isn't much newer than those other SAMs - The SA-6 is also a "classic" and "old(er)" Cold War Soviet SAM system (just like the SA-2, SA-3, SA-4 and SA-5). What also "atracts" me to the SA-6 is that this is a mobile SAM system that can be used in a varied set of scenarios some of them already included or partially included in SAM Simulator while the SA-4 (already included in SAM simulator) is also a mobile SAM system it wasn't used in any real combat, at least as far as I know.

It seems to me that the main objective of SAM simulator (please correct me if I'm wrong) is to model classic Cold War era Soviet (and not only) SAM systems and for this purpose the SA-6 is definitly a MUST HAVE!

Finally, I really find really odd that the SA-6 SAM is much more complex than the SA-2 or SA-3 and even than the SA-5 for example since the SA-6 is designed as a low-to-medium altitude mobile SAM system and so in my mind I had the idea that such a SAM system should or must be 'simpler' because of the compact nature of these SAM systems (which usually have their own systems packed in a single vehicle chassis) and the lower engagements times that are required/needed to engage low-to-medium altitude targets as opposed to high altitude targets which usually gives more time for SAM operators to engage.
Well, I guess that the "complexity" was the normal operating procedure for every Soviet/Warsaw pact weapon system (SAMs, fighter aircraft, etc...) and probably this is the main reason why Soviet/Russian systems (again such as SAMs and fighter aircraft) failed in many conficts when facing western build equipments.

#3606870 - 07/14/12 01:36 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

I doubt the quoted figure of 64 kills for 95 missiles... I've seen a far lower figure of 40 SAM kills for all systems, (although the bulk falling to Kub before the RWR and tactics were modified to compensate).

While it is possible that Kub uses a single missile per engagement, this is contrary to all other Soviet SAMS, where there is a tendency towards 2-3 missiles per engagement per target. (This would imply an upper limit of roughly 47 kills for the quoted number of firings)

#3606896 - 07/14/12 02:43 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
arkhangelsk Offline
arkhangelsk  Offline

I've checked the Russian Wikipedia and it seems the 64 kill thing is by the Syrians, and probably the 40 kill thing is the amount admitted by the Israelis. The ratio by usual standards suggests the Syrians were being honest about what they are shooting down.

Anyway, all those displays look quite promising, and I'll like to try my hand on the Kub as well - there's always a Pause button now.

As an aside: Am I the only person to experience the Simulator occasionally freezing up for a minute before resuming?

#3606910 - 07/14/12 03:14 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Alien_MasterMynd]  
Hpasp Offline
Hpasp  Offline

Hungary, Europe
Originally Posted By: Alien_MasterMynd
This is a photo from Dobris S-200 base with 5N62V. It looks like it is equipped with IFF, is it correct?

Click to reveal..

Contrary to the Hungarian systems deployed in Mezofalva, it has the NRZ antenna.
thumbsup

Hpasp

thumbsup
#3606916 - 07/14/12 03:24 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: arkhangelsk]  
Hpasp Offline
Hpasp  Offline

Hungary, Europe
Originally Posted By: arkhangelsk
I've checked the Russian Wikipedia and it seems the 64 kill thing is by the Syrians, and probably the 40 kill thing is the amount admitted by the Israelis. The ratio by usual standards suggests the Syrians were being honest about what they are shooting down.

You might be interesting in this collection...
The following lists are an attempt to tr...ael Air Force.
http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f4_41.html
http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f15_13.html
http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f16_16.html

thumbsup

Last edited by Hpasp; 07/14/12 03:39 PM.

Hpasp

thumbsup
#3607068 - 07/14/12 09:50 PM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
PN79 Offline
PN79  Offline

For Hpasp - Regarding Krug in Libya
Please, would it be possible to check program about that HARM rain? Once I start some activity with Krug, fighters start to launch one HARM after another no matter if I deactivate in Krug everything which I can.

Click to reveal..

2:00am 15th of April, 1986.
Operation El-Dorado Canyon raid against Benghazi.

Targets:
Jamahiriyah barracks - 6 A-6E Intruder (from the CV-66 USS America)
Benghazi AFB - 6 A-6E Intruder (from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)

Supporting force:
8 SEAD F/A-18A Hornet (VMFA-314 Black Knights, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)
2 SEAD A-7E Corsair-II (VA-46 Clansmen, VA-72 Blue Hawks from the CV-66 USS America)
6 CAP F/A-18A Hornet (VFA-131 Wildcats, VFA-132 Privateers from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)
3 ECM EA-6B Prowler (VAQ-135 Rooks, VMAQ-2 Playboys from both carriers)
1 SIGINT EA-3B Skywarrior (VQ-2 Sandeman from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)
2 AWACS E-2C Hawkeye (VAW-127 Seabats from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)

2K11 KRUG-M1

00:01:14, Missile launched
Target distance: 30km
Target azimuth: 308°
Target elevation: 3°
Target altitude: 2km
Missile guidance method: TT (Three Point)

00:01:22, F/A-18A Hornet No.3, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:02:05, F/A-18A Hornet No.4, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:02:27, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:03:22, F/A-18A Hornet No.2, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:03:50, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:03:55, A-7E Corsair-II No.1, VA-46 Clansmen launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:04:04, F/A-18A Hornet No.3, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:07, F/A-18A Hornet No.4, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:10, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:15, A-6E Intruder No.1 (from the CV-66 USS America) bombed Jamahiriyah barracks.
00:04:16, A-6E Intruder No.1 (from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea) bombed Benghazi AFB.

00:04:21, F/A-18A Hornet No.2, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:37, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:40, A-7E Corsair-II No.1, VA-46 Clansmen launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:45, F/A-18A Hornet No.3, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:04:48, F/A-18A Hornet No.4, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:04:52, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:04:57, F/A-18A Hornet No.2, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:05:01, A-6E Intruder No.2 (from the CV-66 USS America) bombed Jamahiriyah barracks.
00:05:02, A-6E Intruder No.2 (from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea) bombed Benghazi AFB.

00:05:03, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:05:07, A-7E Corsair-II No.1, VA-46 Clansmen launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:05:12, F/A-18A Hornet No.3, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:16, F/A-18A Hornet No.4, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:21, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:25, F/A-18A Hornet No.2, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:30, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:34, A-7E Corsair-II No.1, VA-46 Clansmen launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:47, A-6E Intruder No.3 (from the CV-66 USS America) bombed Jamahiriyah barracks.
00:05:48, A-6E Intruder No.3 (from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea) bombed Benghazi AFB.

Total, SNR On Air Time: 1sec

Last edited by PN79; 07/14/12 09:50 PM.
#3607210 - 07/15/12 06:04 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: PN79]  
Hpasp Offline
Hpasp  Offline

Hungary, Europe
Originally Posted By: PN79
For Hpasp - Regarding Krug in Libya
Please, would it be possible to check program about that HARM rain? Once I start some activity with Krug, fighters start to launch one HARM after another no matter if I deactivate in Krug everything which I can.

Click to reveal..

2:00am 15th of April, 1986.
Operation El-Dorado Canyon raid against Benghazi.

Targets:
Jamahiriyah barracks - 6 A-6E Intruder (from the CV-66 USS America)
Benghazi AFB - 6 A-6E Intruder (from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)

Supporting force:
8 SEAD F/A-18A Hornet (VMFA-314 Black Knights, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)
2 SEAD A-7E Corsair-II (VA-46 Clansmen, VA-72 Blue Hawks from the CV-66 USS America)
6 CAP F/A-18A Hornet (VFA-131 Wildcats, VFA-132 Privateers from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)
3 ECM EA-6B Prowler (VAQ-135 Rooks, VMAQ-2 Playboys from both carriers)
1 SIGINT EA-3B Skywarrior (VQ-2 Sandeman from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)
2 AWACS E-2C Hawkeye (VAW-127 Seabats from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea)

2K11 KRUG-M1

00:01:14, Missile launched
Target distance: 30km
Target azimuth: 308°
Target elevation: 3°
Target altitude: 2km
Missile guidance method: TT (Three Point)

00:01:22, F/A-18A Hornet No.3, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:02:05, F/A-18A Hornet No.4, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:02:27, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:03:22, F/A-18A Hornet No.2, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:03:50, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:03:55, A-7E Corsair-II No.1, VA-46 Clansmen launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 1

00:04:04, F/A-18A Hornet No.3, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:07, F/A-18A Hornet No.4, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:10, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:15, A-6E Intruder No.1 (from the CV-66 USS America) bombed Jamahiriyah barracks.
00:04:16, A-6E Intruder No.1 (from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea) bombed Benghazi AFB.

00:04:21, F/A-18A Hornet No.2, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:37, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:40, A-7E Corsair-II No.1, VA-46 Clansmen launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 2

00:04:45, F/A-18A Hornet No.3, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:04:48, F/A-18A Hornet No.4, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:04:52, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:04:57, F/A-18A Hornet No.2, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:05:01, A-6E Intruder No.2 (from the CV-66 USS America) bombed Jamahiriyah barracks.
00:05:02, A-6E Intruder No.2 (from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea) bombed Benghazi AFB.

00:05:03, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:05:07, A-7E Corsair-II No.1, VA-46 Clansmen launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 3

00:05:12, F/A-18A Hornet No.3, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:16, F/A-18A Hornet No.4, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:21, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:25, F/A-18A Hornet No.2, VMFA-323 Death Rattlers launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:30, F/A-18A Hornet No.1, VMFA-314 Black Knights launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:34, A-7E Corsair-II No.1, VA-46 Clansmen launched AGM-88 HARM missile No. 4

00:05:47, A-6E Intruder No.3 (from the CV-66 USS America) bombed Jamahiriyah barracks.
00:05:48, A-6E Intruder No.3 (from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea) bombed Benghazi AFB.

Total, SNR On Air Time: 1sec

I do not see anything out of ordinary in this report.
(3DAAR would help of course)
Your SNR (Pat Hand) was operational, just your SOC (Long Track) was knocked out like in reality.
(You cannot do anything about it.)

In history that unit received most of HARM's during EDC.
They were armed with 2K12 KVADRAT (export KUB) (SA-6A) system, pretty close to the bombers path, so that unit received special attention.

In reality, the SOC (Long Track) was killed in the beginning, while the SURN (Straight Flush) was knocked out by the fourth HARM.

Hpasp

thumbsup
#3607215 - 07/15/12 07:04 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
PN79 Offline
PN79  Offline

When I start Libya mission with Krug, I gradually activate battery - ie. SNR and SOC on, deploying antenna and activating dataling - if I done just this, no HARM attacks occur.

Then I launch a missile against some target - acquire through SOC, quick blink with SNR radar (to see target) --- after I swith SNR radar off, target continues with jamming - and I launch missile in HOJ mode -- since activating SNR radar I am target for HARM.

After this engagement I have turned off everything what could be turned off (short of leaving simulator) but fighters still continue to launch HARMs against me --- even though that none of these HARMs hit anything (note to that AAR - I survived all of that attacks). Both SNR and SOC still operational.

So, why they launch so many HARMs? If the target is SOC, then it doesn't work.

Last edited by PN79; 07/15/12 07:08 AM.
#3607224 - 07/15/12 08:06 AM Re: SAM Simulator [Re: Hpasp]  
Vympel Offline
Vympel  Offline

Jugoslavija
Harm can remember the (approximate) position of an emitter, so pilots can still launch at your position after you stop emitting. But this is not very accurate.

Page 166 of 176 1 2 164 165 166 167 168 175 176

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.