Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3521777 - 02/19/12 12:05 AM Re: Seven-G is still alive!! [Re: TheSilkMan]  
damson Offline
damson  Offline

Hiding in the bushes
Originally Posted By: TheSilkMan
When you have small development teams working on big projects you'd much rather be working on the sim then hangin in the chat room.
I say, let them work and quite the negativity. It's not like flight sims are flying off the shelves nowadays anyway. Some are doing it for the love first, for the money second. Build it, and they will come. Yes, you don't have the big budgets but you can add things in to your hearts desire without a CEO screaming for an un-finished product to go out the door. Patience grasshoppers....

I agree with you. I think this sim is labor of love. Look at Wing Commander Saga - it was being developed for 10 years now by a small group of dedicated people and now the beta test is almost over and the release date is nearing. I think (and hope) that the Seven G will see the light of day eventually.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3521932 - 02/19/12 05:48 AM Re: Seven-G is still alive!! [Re: Justin Case]  
Jonesy8077 Offline
Jonesy8077  Offline

Dudley, West Midlands
Well I'm gonna buy it when it comes out based on that video but I would like to see in another video a few things such as carrier ops, types of targets available, terrain features other than desert and what sort of campaign structure will be involved. Really looking good though guys.

#3547461 - 03/30/12 12:32 AM Re: Seven-G is still alive!! [Re: Justin Case]  
CuMelter Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift
CuMelter  Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift

Twin States, USA
Well, if you're going after the american market, there are some changes you must consider.
First-
You've got to lose the "Btchin' Betty" voice that sounds like a 10 year old child.
It reminded me of my daughter at Disney World. That vocal pitch won't fly very long.
Alter the pitch of the voice models or simply ask mom and dad to do the voice overs.
Noone in America will take direction from a child. Especially the children of America today.
Spoiled self-centered bed wetting wanna-be brats. Put some sex appeal in the voice and use a male voice whose nose was broken or enjoys a cigarette w/his coffee each morning.

Don't use any lessons from Hollywood.

Second-
Lose the camera lense flare. It might have been cute in 1999 (Actually, no it wasn't). Its a dead horse now.
No reason at all to use it. And it steals resources that could go towards something far more important to the sim or to the user's eye. This ain't Hollywood or Academy of Films-

Don't let anyone tell you that its important to see spent shell casings being expended from underneath either. Another precious waste of resource. Just because we have super computers in the home doesn't mean the idea is to try and max that computer's resource.

Third-
Your flight model puts me in mind of Operation Iraq Freedom. Alittle whippy, but fun, nonetheless. I came close to a stall while in a 5g turn running close to 500kts. This definitely needs attention.

I brought the demo down last week (v103)...I was able to land on the carrier at first attempt. All I did was calibrate my stick in the game's menu. I never read the first word about any key command. I just pointed the nose at the deck and brought her down. Was I pleased? Yes. Was it accurate? Good enough. No Need to get high and mighty as Falcon 4.0 did when they first came out. Even the pros commented that the landing structure on the F16 was far more substantial than what the sim modeled (or BMS for that matter, which uses the old F4 model..)

Don't create a crunched sound file. Integrate sound waves so users can edit them for their own use/purpose.
Speaking of sound...work on the cannon fire. The Pitch is way too high. Sounded like a sewing machine instead of a gatling. Needs more throat.

The addition of a war room would be welcomed by most. Only the casual gamer would care less about such detail.
Your serious market- those with the money and commitment- will be drawn to the war room feature. Now this might mean that the sim has a semi-dynamic campaign engine. If that's not the case, then you'll find using Boolean coding your best bet where everything can or might take place using event flags/triggers. Jane's used this concept and it was favored by many for its stability from within the sim-engine processing. Not the easiest, but nothing worthwhile ever is.

This is not a rant or putdown(or maybe it is). If the demo had a mission editor, I would have already contacted you and submitted a payment for this demo. I am one that is hopefully watching and wishing to see this product come to market.
But take it from an ol'pro. Are you making a plane game or a combat simulator..??
Tell your viewers-
I'm staying tuned-

#3547469 - 03/30/12 12:50 AM Re: Seven-G is still alive!! [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
CuMelter Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift
CuMelter  Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift

Twin States, USA
Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE
[quote=TheSilkMan]... Never has a dev stood back and gone "yup,every single thing I wanted to put in there is finished."

You make a good point. On the other hand, that responsibility falls on our shoulders. We, the consumer, should set in and tell the Dev...'Enough is Enough, Now!!!!'

Or do we have to become stock/share holders to knock sense into these coding heads?

#3549192 - 04/02/12 03:34 PM Re: Seven-G is still alive!! [Re: Justin Case]  
Cmatt Offline
Cmatt  Offline

Canada
CuMelter,
Thanks for the feedback. Interestingly enough both the gun sound and Betty are taken from the actual aircraft. The upgraded jet has a new voice with more of a trailer park Tammy sound to it, so expect that to make it in. There is only one time a male voice is used in the F-18, extra points if anyone can get it (its pretty obscure).

I believe lens flare is an option turn on or off, as you desire.

The flight model, in the newer versions have corrected a lot of some of the previous inaccuracies. Bleed rate and energy gain are realistic and overall performance is just about right. When you get out to the edges of the flight envelope, there are still a few discrepancies, but that type of modelling is beyond the scope of this sim.

#3560484 - 04/21/12 08:41 PM Re: Seven-G is still alive!! [Re: CuMelter]  
Kosmo. Offline
Kosmo.  Offline

Greece
Originally Posted By: CuMelter
Even the pros commented that the landing structure on the F16 was far more substantial than what the sim modeled (or BMS for that matter, which uses the old F4 model..)

No it doesn't. Carry on.

#3603382 - 07/08/12 10:27 AM Re: Seven-G is still alive!! [Re: Justin Case]  
gO_oSe Offline
gO_oSe  Offline

Hello,

A new Seven-G TrackIR Video Test :

http://www.youtube.com/sevengf18

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.