I just upgraded my PC and I'm in the process of getting everything setup/restored.

I'm having some very strange issues with my CH Pro Throttle.

I plugged the throttle into the USB port and Windows 7 detected it as a USB controller. I then installed CH Control Manager 4.52 and the drivers and whatnot. Everything seemed fine at that point.

I started the Control Manager and attempted to calibrate my throttle. I hit the add tab and selected Pro Throttle and then clicked the Test/Calibrate button. I see that CH Pro Throttle USB shows up in the device list so I hit OK and it brings me to the calibration screen.

Once there, the Manager doesn't detect any input from the device. I can't get any feedback from any buttons pushed, hat switches toggled, or from the throttle slider. The only indication I can get that the unit is doing anything at all is if I push the mini-stick button and I can see the LEDs cycle through the green, red, and amber selections.

I've made sure I'm in Direct Mode. If I try to switch modes or download, the program locks up and all my other USB devices begin acting strangely. Once, I couldn't get my TrackIR to detect any motion nor could I shut it down. Once my mouse cursor disappeared and I couldn't get any signal from it. Twice my USB wifi router shut down.

Any ideas? I've tried putting the Throttle as well as other USB devices in different USB ports but that made no difference. I've also deleted CH manager, removed the device, rebooted and tried to reinstall but I can't get it to configure.

The device is listed as a CH Pro Throttle USB controller both in CH manager and under Windows 7 control panel/devices and it's showing as working and without any conflicts there. I know the throttle works as I was using it yesterday on my old PC

I'm stumped.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I just found out that CH Products won't work in 3.0/2.0 USB ports. I found an old hub and plugged that into the slot and the throttle's working now.

Last edited by mugwump; 06/22/12 12:54 AM.

S = k ln W