Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3592481 - 06/15/12 11:00 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: knightgames]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

I'm sort of past being angry now. It's just comedy gold now.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3592568 - 06/16/12 03:55 AM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
FIScott Offline
FIScott  Offline

What a load of cobblers.

#3592588 - 06/16/12 05:47 AM Re: June 15th Update [Re: Bumfluff]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bumfluff
I'm sort of past being angry now. It's just comedy gold now.

I don't have words, in english nor in swedish, to express how much spot on this is.
Also, Icarus1 is so correct one can possibly be.

Amazing, just amazing, what crap they get away with. Doesn't really help the genre - like the defenders of the universe express - but on the contrary.

#3592670 - 06/16/12 12:29 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
DaveP63 Online cool
DaveP63  Online Cool

Indiana, USA
And then there's this little short sighted gem...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32676

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
#3592693 - 06/16/12 01:53 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: DaveP63]  
SneakyPete Offline
SneakyPete  Offline

Newark UK
Originally Posted By: DaveP63
And then there's this little short sighted gem...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32676

Yeah, hard to believe that one!

There really are some 1st class plonkers on the Banana forum these days. I try to stay away except for update news as the fanboiism prevalent on there often brings up a little bile, very unpleasant!

I'll give them their due though, they have the belief and tenacity of a Jehovas witness wink smile

Intel I7 8700k @4,8
MSI GTX1070
16GB ram
Windows 10 64 bit
#3592731 - 06/16/12 02:53 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: FIScott]  
Lixma Offline
Lixma  Offline

Londinium
Originally Posted By: FIScott

What a load of cobblers.

There's quite a few differing opinions on what the band actually played during that last hour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_and_myths_regarding_RMS_Titanic#Titanic.27s_band

I'm leaning towards dub-step but I could be wrong.

Anyhoo, here's a great picture I stumbled upon during the 100th anniversary hoopla....

#3592739 - 06/16/12 03:18 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Wow that is an awesome pic

#3593086 - 06/17/12 07:26 AM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
FIScott Offline
FIScott  Offline

I hate going O/T but that is a great photo- pin sharp and great scale, especially if you consider that it is probably late 1911, early 1912.I started collecting books about the disaster in the 80's and have a fairly respectable collection now. Although I have seen the pic before it is not often seen and I think I first saw it in the (very good) Eaton & Haas book 'Titanic'. That rudder was one of the (many) reasons the ship was lost- too damn small for a 52,000 ton ship....

The reference to the game was tongue in cheek 'she's going down boys' nonsense. I do not know how this game is being financed (or why for that matter) but one thing seems to be the case, they have the pennies to keep having a lash at it and who's to say- its a bit like the monkeys on the typewriters- one day....?

#3593089 - 06/17/12 07:46 AM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

I'm just here for the comedy. popcorn

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#3593128 - 06/17/12 11:13 AM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Never in the field of online gaming, did so many thank so few for so little.

#3593133 - 06/17/12 11:56 AM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Never get a patch, never get a patch, never never never

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3593177 - 06/17/12 02:02 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
I don't know about that. I think a few developers are dipping their toes in the WW2 combat flight sim pool right now because of whats going on with Il-2 CLoD. Sure CFS are costly and time consuming to make but it still is a big enough market with a profit to be made by any company with the right vehicle and most importantly at the right time, just like MG did when other juggernaughts in the CFS market were on the ropes. If anything the market for CFS has got tighter in one respect, big mistakes can kill a company. Back in the day you could release a mediocre or substandard CFS and survive, today I don't think thats the case for alot of various reasons. But I don't subscribe to the notion or belief that if Il-2 and MG fails WW2 CFS are dead either. None of us has a crystal ball or are privilaged to sit in on a board meeting at Gajin, 777 Studios, DCS or maybe some unknown company and know what these other developers are up to. If I was them I would sure be paying very close attention to whats happening with Il-2 CloD and MG. If anything I expect the next few years to be very interesting in the WW2 CFS market if Il-2 fails or get's knocked down a few pegs from it's previous King of all WW2 CFS status.

Also if MG goes off the rails is it's really anyones fault but their own? They set the bar for themselfs for Il-2 CLoD, not Ubi or the fans. They created the hype and now are okay in letting people lay blame everywhere except where the blame really needs to be placed, right on their own doorstep. Even with the exit of Oleg Maddox they should have known they were going to have to kick it up a few notches and get their A game on, or at the very least made an announcement they were going to have to scale back somethings pre-release. Instead they allowed the speculations and expectations to run wild and really did nothing to reel this pre-release euphoria in until afterwards by saying "We never promised that" wacky If they want to survive this they really need to pull their heads out of you know where, and if that means working through some of the 100 National Holidays (yes I'm being sarcastic, it's more like 19 or 20) they have to get it done, so be it. I mean it's their livelyhood thats on the line here and yet they are so caviler about it, just about anyone here understands working through a holiday because of an important make or break project, it really confirms my belief they don't have much understanding as to how free market ecomomies work. I really hope MG survives and the Il-2 series continues but they really need to stop the BS and put forth a serious maximum effort right now and not after the holidays, BoM or that MMO.

#3593183 - 06/17/12 02:15 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: godzilla1985]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: godzilla1985
really confirms my belief

I neither belief nor disbelief anything on the internet

#3593188 - 06/17/12 02:28 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: bisher]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Originally Posted By: bisher

QFT! Its not real you know...

#3593189 - 06/17/12 02:28 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: VonBarb.]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Originally Posted By: VonBarb.
Poor choice of words indeed...

....Rarely has a screen name ever been so aptly chosen as Black Six's, as its initials perfectly mirror what he's been - and continues to be - serving us week after week for over a year.

Yes, I did chortle over some comment of "Thanks for that update BS"

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#3593193 - 06/17/12 02:37 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
On a side note I have had the pleasure of playing a certain Beta MMO Flight sim, and all I'll say is 1C better fix some stuff and get their collective arses going, they aren't the only game out there.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#3593203 - 06/17/12 03:01 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: bisher]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: bisher

I'm the same way

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3593280 - 06/17/12 05:42 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: KRT_Bong]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
On a side note I have had the pleasure of playing a certain Beta MMO Flight sim, and all I'll say is 1C better fix some stuff and get their collective arses going, they aren't the only game out there.

Cool

#3593291 - 06/17/12 06:03 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: godzilla1985]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
I don't know about that. I think a few developers are dipping their toes in the WW2 combat flight sim pool right now because of whats going on with Il-2 CLoD. Sure CFS are costly and time consuming to make but it still is a big enough market with a profit to be made by any company with the right vehicle and most importantly at the right time, just like MG did when other juggernaughts in the CFS market were on the ropes. If anything the market for CFS has got tighter in one respect, big mistakes can kill a company. Back in the day you could release a mediocre or substandard CFS and survive, today I don't think thats the case for alot of various reasons. But I don't subscribe to the notion or belief that if Il-2 and MG fails WW2 CFS are dead either. None of us has a crystal ball or are privilaged to sit in on a board meeting at Gajin, 777 Studios, DCS or maybe some unknown company and know what these other developers are up to. If I was them I would sure be paying very close attention to whats happening with Il-2 CloD and MG. If anything I expect the next few years to be very interesting in the WW2 CFS market if Il-2 fails or get's knocked down a few pegs from it's previous King of all WW2 CFS status.

Also if MG goes off the rails is it's really anyones fault but their own? They set the bar for themselfs for Il-2 CLoD, not Ubi or the fans. They created the hype and now are okay in letting people lay blame everywhere except where the blame really needs to be placed, right on their own doorstep. Even with the exit of Oleg Maddox they should have known they were going to have to kick it up a few notches and get their A game on, or at the very least made an announcement they were going to have to scale back somethings pre-release. Instead they allowed the speculations and expectations to run wild and really did nothing to reel this pre-release euphoria in until afterwards by saying "We never promised that" wacky If they want to survive this they really need to pull their heads out of you know where, and if that means working through some of the 100 National Holidays (yes I'm being sarcastic, it's more like 19 or 20) they have to get it done, so be it. I mean it's their livelyhood thats on the line here and yet they are so caviler about it, just about anyone here understands working through a holiday because of an important make or break project, it really confirms my belief they don't have much understanding as to how free market ecomomies work. I really hope MG survives and the Il-2 series continues but they really need to stop the BS and put forth a serious maximum effort right now and not after the holidays, BoM or that MMO.

There is no doubt if COD fails its the developers fault. The investors must see something positive as the cost are thousands a day in wages, and office space, but that could end at any moment if the stability issues aren't fixed. It certainly won't be the investors fault if they pull the plug. As far as Promises go, the developer went out of the way several times to state there were no Promises, but many people were too busy looking at the pretty pictures, to bother reading. The development team actually worked thru a holiday or two on the initial release in the East and West. Whatever happens the causes will be very complex and not as simplistic as some would believe.

As far as competition goes, Gaijin's WOP actually came close, but the maps were too small, for anything but furbals. I'm not beta testing WarThunder, but it appears they are spreading everything thin again by doing a number of theaters at once. There is hope, but I'm not holding my breath for that one to provide the complexity I'm looking for. 777 Studio could look into WW2 after they've exhausted their revenue stream with WW1, especially with the introduction of their Channel map. I'm not a big fan of their existing terrain map, but 777 Studios could fill the void in a few years.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3593307 - 06/17/12 06:35 PM Re: June 15th Update [Re: SneakyPete]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
OK, I'll buy in. It's a slow night smile

These are the devs who brought IL2 to the world, right? When IL2 came out in 2001 it was a stuttery bug ridden mess. Doubt me? Original Combatsim review:

http://www.combatsim.com/memb123/htm/2001/12/il2-rev/

And quotes:

...This (eyecandy) doesn’t come without a price, however. The very nicely done forests and cities can easily put you into a case of the “stutters” if your setup isn’t configured well, or you’re simply asking too much from your computer.

...Also, distant objects show up on my system as black squares. As I get closer they take shape and that dark contrasting shape disappears, it’s definitely not a game-stopper, but it removes from an otherwise very immersive experience.

...It seems that the early morning or dusk missions with ground fog in the low-lying areas tax my video card, but it’s difficult to say without a frame counter.

...The AI gunners on bombers are also uncannily accurate, and the AI gunners on the Sturmoviks seem to have a much larger field of fire than what the player will have if he or she takes the gunners seat during a mission.

...I feel that even though the campaigns in IL-2 are very well done, though they are probably also the sim’s weakest link.

...Unfortunately, it seems, that Ubisoft didn’t put as much care into creating the IL-2 servers as 1C:Maddox Games put into the multiplayer aspect of IL-2. There have been a lot of user complaints about connection issues while using the Ubi.com service, but a fix is reportedly on the way.

And despite all this, the reviewer rates it 'Instant Classic'. Have we become more demanding/spoiled? Did men in black suits wipe our memories?

And surprise surprise, these same devs have done the same thing, all over again and released a bug ridden mess, that they are patching to playability.

While they are working on the sequel.

And the patches will come only slowly, and there will be years between CoD and the sequel, and then years again to further sequels.

In case you did get a memory wipe, just to recap, the original IL-2 release came out in 2001, and it was not until two years later that the expansion Forgotten Battles followed. It was another year again until the Aces Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters, and a full three years after that before 1946 hit the shelves in ‘07.

If you can't live with development at this pace, you seriously need to find another game to play...

As to believing what you read on the internet...

“You Shouldn’t Believe Most of the Quotes You Read On the Internet” -Abraham Lincoln

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.