Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3578663 - 05/24/12 07:35 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
Joeyeti Offline
Joeyeti  Offline

You guys do know about Indiegogo, do you?
DO YOU? exitstageleft

http://www.indiegogo.com/learn/features

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3581033 - 05/27/12 06:45 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Can you not something similar to what the Project Zomboid devs did? Whereby they couldn't ask for money for an unfinished product apparently so they put up some crappy little arcade games they'd coded that you bought but you got Project Zomboid with it. Worked quite well I believe.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3584168 - 06/01/12 04:38 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
LcSummers Offline
LcSummers  Offline

Please dont give up!!

Take youre time. Its better later than never. I would like to see this beauty. Your progress is fine what i have seen. Those pix were beautiful. I cross the fingers that everything will have an HAPPY END.

BEST WISHES

LC

#3588080 - 06/08/12 02:18 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
Skoop Offline
Skoop  Offline

Ventura, CalifornIA
Have you thought of developing this sim as a third party for dcs ? The dcs world is in dire need of an apache, lots of news going on over there with the addition of third party developers. Could be a win win for all.

#3588149 - 06/08/12 05:34 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
toonces Offline
toonces  Offline

Honolulu, Hawaii
You know, that is not a bad idea at all.

"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
#3588263 - 06/08/12 12:36 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: Skoop]  
EagleEye[GER] Offline
EagleEye[GER]  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted By: Skoop
Have you thought of developing this sim as a third party for dcs ? The dcs world is in dire need of an apache, lots of news going on over there with the addition of third party developers. Could be a win win for all.

You can read his comment on CH blog about it: http://combathelo.blogspot.de/2012/05/i-dont-like-this-new-blogger-interface.html#comment-form wink

Last edited by EagleEye[GER]; 06/08/12 12:37 PM.
#3588816 - 06/09/12 10:57 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
BigBANGtheory Offline
BigBANGtheory  Offline

United Kingdom
You can't deny though that a pay for 3rd party Apache model for DCS:World (especially given the Nevada/Edge terrain update on the horizon) addresses several problems facing CH. Like it or not CH will immeadiately be compared to BS2, and someone sooner or later is likely to release an Apache model for DCS:World if the platform is a success.

Or simply use project A to fund project B?

By the sounds of it if you don't get some capital you've reached a road block, and if someone were to make a captial investment in say TriCubic then to a degree you'll start to loose control too. Your market is BS2 owners so you'll get the DCS nuts (which are a minority) one way of another anyway.

Get in quick with DCS:World would be my advice, last thing you'd want is someone ripping off CH to make a module based on your hard work.

Good luck, look forward to your next blog post.

Last edited by BigBANGtheory; 06/09/12 10:59 AM.
#3588838 - 06/09/12 12:36 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
AD Offline
Hotshot
AD  Offline
Hotshot

South East Asia
When we started developing Combat Helo we had a clear vision of what we wanted to accomplish, and that vision hasn't change much. As technically perfect as DCS is, it was an example of an area where we firmly agreed not to go.

Whether we use DCS as a base for a Longbow addon, or we move to another engine as a base, switching to a different platform at this point would set us back years of work. It would take nothing less than flipping the reset switch on 80% of the work already completed. By comparison, we're no more than a few months of graft away from having CH in a sale-able condition and having that project A (the target range beta) as the means to fund project B (Operation Ouroboros).

Cheers

Judge, jury and executioner of Tricubic's art department.

Follow Combat Helo's development on Facebook
#3588844 - 06/09/12 12:49 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: AD]  
OzCougar Offline
OzCougar  Offline

Australia
Well all I can say is just keep at it .... I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I am still "of the faith" and remain positive that there will be a product for my cash.

Cheers cheers

Last edited by OzCougar; 06/09/12 12:51 PM.

"Check Six!!!!"
Cougar's Den
#3589569 - 06/10/12 09:32 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: Skoop]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
The dcs world is in dire need of an apache, lots of news going on over there with the addition of third party developers. Could be a win win for all.

Nope, IMO again what the DCS world is in "dire need" is a dynamic campaign system or "war theather" (as well as other "immersive" features).
I'm glad that Flexman and AD seem to want to keep working on CH (instead of going into the DCS module way) and AD's post certainly reassured me on that.

And BTW, what's the point of having the EXACT same helicopter (incluind its system avionics, flight model, etc...) in two diferent and "competing" sims?

#3589769 - 06/11/12 09:25 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: AD]  
EagleEye[GER] Offline
EagleEye[GER]  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted By: AD
When we started developing Combat Helo we had a clear vision of what we wanted to accomplish, and that vision hasn't change much. As technically perfect as DCS is, it was an example of an area where we firmly agreed not to go.
Whether we use DCS as a base for a Longbow addon, or we move to another engine as a base, switching to a different platform at this point would set us back years of work. It would take nothing less than flipping the reset switch on 80% of the work already completed. By comparison, we're no more than a few months of graft away from having CH in a sale-able condition and having that project A (the target range beta) as the means to fund project B (Operation Ouroboros).
Cheers

Thanks AD for the post. We need some heads-up here.
+1 ricnunes

#3590186 - 06/11/12 10:50 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ricnunes]  
Skoop Offline
Skoop  Offline

Ventura, CalifornIA
Originally Posted By: ricnunes
The dcs world is in dire need of an apache, lots of news going on over there with the addition of third party developers. Could be a win win for all.

Nope, IMO again what the DCS world is in "dire need" is a dynamic campaign system or "war theather" (as well as other "immersive" features).
I'm glad that Flexman and AD seem to want to keep working on CH (instead of going into the DCS module way) and AD's post certainly reassured me on that.

And BTW, what's the point of having the EXACT same helicopter (incluind its system avionics, flight model, etc...) in two diferent and "competing" sims?

I think the addition of combined arms is a step in the dynamic campaign direction for ED. My point is DCS is a functioning world with all sorts of big things to come. It seems they are more in position to develope a dynamic campaign and move the sim community forward than anyone out there. Combat Helo is on the brink of vaporware, it just seems logical to join forces with DCS even if it does reset the development clock.....whats the alternative ?....nothing

The indie sim community should be looking at ways to consolidate it's efforts, not splinter off on tangents. No way Combat Helo pulls off a dynamic campaign classic like falcon on it's own. Its gonna take a more massive effort than a small indie team with money issues.
If your talking dynamic campaign to the likes of strike fighters or il2, then I'll take the DCS missions any day over those.

Come to think of it, maybe the jet thunder guys could transfer all work over to dcs world...we might actually get something playable.

Last edited by Skoop; 06/11/12 11:18 PM.
#3590624 - 06/12/12 05:33 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
So far there's no information that was released by ED so far that indicates that "DCS combined arms" is a step in the dynamic campaign direction, at least not in the near or even medium term future. From what I read so far regarding "DCS combined arms" is that this is a step towadars having more playable aircraft and other playable vehicles/platforms (land vehicles, perhaps?) and that's it!
So unless I see something more clear regarding dynamic campaigns on DCS, the "DCS combined arms" or "DCS world" or whatever they want to call it is equal to having static, dull and without any replayability value campaigns!

What I see is if Flexman and AD joined with DCS the result would be an Apache (and perhaps a Chinook) in the same static, dull and without any replayability world/campaign of DCS! If the only other alternative for Combat Helo that that doesn't mean a "merge" with DCS is having "nothing" than I guess I prefer nothing. We already have DCS, we don't need great ideas of dynamic campaigns (and other great immersive features) being lost by merging with DCS. Sorry, this is my oppinion!
Resuming, I have absolutely NO interest in sims without any sort of dynamic campaigns.

Fortunally for me, I will still have the Strike Fighters series which as opposed to you I prefer its dynamic campaign A MILLION TIME over the static, dull without any replayability of DCS campaigns. I will also have Wings Over Flanders Fields which will also have an awesome dynamic campaign (see, in this case there was no need for "massive" amounts of money to make dynamic campaigns wink ) and of course I will still have Falcon 4 BMS or FreeFalcon, so as you can see I will still have alternatives with dynamic campaigns in the future even if Combat Helo doesn't come up (which I hope it doesn't happen, of course). Oh, and of course I was forgeting about the modded EECH as well!

Like I already said here in this post, a company doesn't need to have "massive" amount of money/resources to make dynamic campaigns as you said, a company just need to be smart managing it's resources, specially if they are scarse - For example in the DCS case: the ED guys instead of wasting resources making pointless aircraft like the P-51D (pointless for a modern warfare scenario which is what DCS models) they should use those same resources to make a DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN! Period, over and out...

#3590641 - 06/12/12 06:12 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

You actually ARE missing something Ricnunes.

DCS Combined Arms not only adds controllable land vehicles (not aircraft), but allow to play DCS as a RTS.
That means that as soon as it's released someone here in SimHQ will SURELY start a RTS campaign and guess what, that's the best sort of DC avaialable! A dream come true.

Please read well what's written in the description od DCS: CA on its main page, it's REALLY interesting.
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/series/combined_arms/

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3590814 - 06/12/12 10:41 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
Regardless of the direction DCS is taking, COMBAT HELO IS STILL BREATHING. Flex is still keeping us in the loop:

http://combathelo.blogspot.com/

I'm still checking the CH dev blog and this forum daily for updates. Hold the faith everyone, I sure do. ready

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
#3591087 - 06/13/12 01:06 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: komemiute]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: komemiute

DCS Combined Arms not only adds controllable land vehicles (not aircraft), but allow to play DCS as a RTS.
That means that as soon as it's released someone here in SimHQ will SURELY start a RTS campaign and guess what, that's the best sort of DC avaialable! A dream come true.

Please read well what's written in the description od DCS: CA on its main page, it's REALLY interesting.

And since when RTS (Real Time Strategy) means dynamic campaign??
Just out of my head most if not all campaigns in RTS games are STATIC or at best Semi-dynamic (but still most are STATIC) and never (or almost never) dynamic!

The only RTS games that I remember out of my head that have what we can call Dynamic Campaigns (DC) are the Total War series but don't forget that what really makes those campaigns truly Dynamic is the "Turn-base strategic map" part and not the "RTS" part itself.

#3591218 - 06/13/12 04:55 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ricnunes]  
Skoop Offline
Skoop  Offline

Ventura, CalifornIA
Originally Posted By: ricnunes
Originally Posted By: komemiute

And since when RTS (Real Time Strategy) means dynamic campaign??
Just out of my head most if not all campaigns in RTS games are STATIC or at best Semi-dynamic (but still most are STATIC) and never (or almost never) dynamic!

The only RTS games that I remember out of my head that have what we can call Dynamic Campaigns (DC) are the Total War series but don't forget that what really makes those campaigns truly Dynamic is the "Turn-base strategic map" part and not the "RTS" part itself.

I think the DCS world will be great with combined arms. You can't get more dynamic than having the entire battlefield populated by human players giving orders to all the forces. If you Don't play it doesn't bother me, I'm sure plenty will. No sim has jtacs directing you to targets like dcs, how is that dull and not immersive? Have you actually flown the dcs a-10?
Many of the sims you mentioned are more randomly boring and repetitive missions than truly dynamic. If you need some career mode to make a sim good for you then cool but I like the realism produced by dcs. That in it's self is immersive.

Last edited by Skoop; 06/13/12 05:02 PM.
#3591332 - 06/13/12 08:21 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: Skoop]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I think the DCS world will be great with combined arms. You can't get more dynamic than having the entire battlefield populated by human players giving orders to all the forces. If you Don't play it doesn't bother me, I'm sure plenty will. No sim has jtacs directing you to targets like dcs, how is that dull and not immersive? Have you actually flown the dcs a-10?
Many of the sims you mentioned are more randomly boring and repetitive missions than truly dynamic. If you need some career mode to make a sim good for you then cool but I like the realism produced by dcs. That in it's self is immersive.

This Ricnunes! Or do we have to try to word it differently again?
REALLY can't you see it? I'm torn between thinking you are trolling OR there's a speech incongruence between us...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3591351 - 06/13/12 09:17 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: Raptor9]  
JMark Offline
JMark  Offline

Oklahoma City, OK
You know, there are multiple forums dedicated to DCS products. Just saying.

Originally Posted By: Raptor9
Regardless of the direction DCS is taking, COMBAT HELO IS STILL BREATHING. Flex is still keeping us in the loop:

http://combathelo.blogspot.com/

I'm still checking the CH dev blog and this forum daily for updates. Hold the faith everyone, I sure do. ready

Good news! This is the sim I am most looking forward to playing. I grew up on Jane's Longbow, and this looks like it will be the spiritual successor.

#3591367 - 06/13/12 09:54 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I apologize... smile

If I only didn't loose all the work done with the Mossie...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.