Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3586164 - 06/04/12 09:56 PM Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble  
JAMF Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan
JAMF  Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan

The Netherlands
Former Spy Telescope May Explore Secrets of Dark Energy

Quote:
The phone call came like a bolt out of the blue, so to speak, in January 2011. On the other end of the line was someone from the National Reconnaissance Office, which operates the nation’s fleet of spy satellites. They had some spare, unused “hardware” to get rid of. Was NASA interested?

NY Times article

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3586214 - 06/04/12 11:14 PM Re: Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble [Re: JAMF]  
The Nephilim Online tunes
S3D GuRu
The Nephilim  Online Tunes
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

3rd Stone from the Sun !!
well whilst a nice jesture pointless. Out star will burn out long before the universe flies apart and perhaps even before NASA Figures out what they will do with the new scope haha!!

besides is the Big Crunch Now off??

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
#3586247 - 06/05/12 12:00 AM Re: Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble [Re: JAMF]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
The Big Crunch has been off for a while, well, since Hubble confirmed our Universe was accelerating in its expansion. Okay, maybe some people still think there is a chance for it but as I see it, only if our Universe is a hypersphere which I doubt. wink

Oh, and well our star might burn out... not before the Milky Way collides with Andromeda!

#3586294 - 06/05/12 02:07 AM Re: Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
The Nephilim Online tunes
S3D GuRu
The Nephilim  Online Tunes
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

3rd Stone from the Sun !!
Originally Posted By: Mr_Blastman
The Big Crunch has been off for a while, well, since Hubble confirmed our Universe was accelerating in its expansion. Okay, maybe some people still think there is a chance for it but as I see it, only if our Universe is a hypersphere which I doubt. wink

Oh, and well our star might burn out... not before the Milky Way collides with Andromeda!

Yes I kinda figured the Big Crunch was out now !!

AHH, Yes Good old Andromeda cant forget what a spectacle that is going to be..

Well the Sun has gone through some drastic changes over the 30 years I been observing it and it is Only getting wierder..There was one Astronomer who came out and said it may not be Billions of years but sooner then anyone expects but he was quickly showed to the Quiet Room..

Wonder what he Saw in the Sun..As I beleive it will just shut off like a light.. but who knows maybe in a hundred years I really do NOT know but my instincts say sooner then we think as well..One theory I had that was Proved correct buy the Astronomers is the sun has gotten Brighter..

Plus it is burning a different color then the Golden color it used to be, but perhaps that could be the Atmosphere dissappearing causing the color change but it is Fact it is Burning Brighter..

It now looks to be Burning White..I had also noticed one thing they said would only be observable ONLY during a Full Eclipse is there All the time now the Corona..

Last edited by The Nephilim; 06/05/12 02:14 AM.

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
#3586577 - 06/05/12 05:33 PM Re: Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble [Re: JAMF]  
JAMF Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan
JAMF  Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan

The Netherlands
So when these are more powerful than the Hubble... and on earth they create a single large virtual telescope from multiple... could these two together with the James Webb be used in the same way?

#3586672 - 06/05/12 08:06 PM Re: Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble [Re: JAMF]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Well, they are all designed for different things. The James Webb scope is being optimized for analysis in the infrared spectrum, whereas these spy satellites are more the visible spectrum wavelength. So I doubt they'll be used the same way but could with their different wavelengths, be used to look at the same thing in a different way.

That is, if we get these Spy Satellites into orbit. I hope we do, it'd be neat to put them to better, more peaceful use.

It isn't like they'll discover dark matter but in the least, maybe, they'll be helpful in figuring out the true shape of our Universe. As for the Sun getting brighter... well, maybe over a billion or two years but I don't think it has increased in luninescence in the last few decades. Any such observation as you pointed out, could be a result of atmospheric changes. These stars burn for billions of years and unless the Sun recently swallowed a gigantic planet or the Aliens have actually been feeding off of it as suggested in a youtube video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2wTZeNpUJk

I doubt it. It'd need to be measured in space.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 06/05/12 08:10 PM.
#3586691 - 06/05/12 08:45 PM Re: Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
JAMF Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan
JAMF  Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan

The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Mr_Blastman
I doubt it. It'd need to be measured in space.

If the sun is brighter during the last decade, it's likely the result of the reversal of the causes of "global dimming"

#3586900 - 06/06/12 03:34 AM Re: Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble [Re: JAMF]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Yeah exactly. A lot of hippies forget that pollution was a million times worse, at least here in America nearly a century ago. Things have cleaned up quite a bit, at least, visually. It doesn't reverse the CFC damage but a lot of the carbon-based pollutants have been reduced dramatically.

#3587230 - 06/06/12 05:33 PM Re: Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble [Re: JAMF]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Yes, the reduction in coal usage has ironically allowed MORE sunlight in.

Just remember: the Martian polar caps are shrinking. We're not doing that, they're being affected by just one thing--the sun. So if those are shrinking, and as Mars is 2x farther from the sun it gets just 1/4 the solar output (plus it's smaller, so there's less surface area to absorb solar output), doesn't it stand to reason it's getting warmer here?

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3587349 - 06/06/12 08:10 PM Re: Secret American Space Agency Gives NASA Two Spy Telescopes More Powerful Than the Hubble [Re: JAMF]  
HarryM Offline
Hotshot
HarryM  Offline
Hotshot

Paso Robles, CA USA
The sun has output more over time, but on a human time scale it's virtually nil. It will make Earth uninhabitable in 1 to 2 billion years time. There are sunspot cycles and variations in Earth's orbit that have a much more immediate effect. I would expect the same for Mars, I think it has a more eccentric orbit than Earth as well.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.