Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3575802 - 05/20/12 12:08 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
LANDING these Birds, without Flaps, or Brakes ain't as easy as it sounds. On your approach, anytime you dive to shed altitude you'll speed up. And while chopping your throttle is always a good idea when diving, don't turn that engine off, as you might not be able to restart. #25
I don't care what the CFS3 routine is to start your engine - you don't have a starter. So unless you're flying at 160 mph and that prop is going to spin in the wind, or you brought along a mythical corporal to spin your prop, you're SCREWED'

Fly with your throttle, losing altitude can be a good thing, but you might need to start your approach 5 miles out, especially if your aircraft is a 'Good' Glider like a Nieuport.

You find most airfields have a Row of trees, at the end of the runway. If you can't clear the trees, you'll need to give it gas, to fly over them.
Now you're 25 feet up, going 85mph, anything above 60mph, your landing gear collapes, followed by a loud noise which you might not hear.

So you do a little SIDESLIPPING. Engine at idle, mild left rudder, with a gentle bank to the right. You're now flying slightly sideways, in the same general direction, you're losing altitude and slowing down. Don't attempt to Land without straightening out first, as your landing gear will collapse

Forget . . the 3 Point Landing, that's with a tailwheel that you don't have, and your engine Lacks the power to do a decent flare.

The instant your wheels touch the ground. Kill that engine ( the quicker, the better ). Then Dig for Potatoes with your tailskid to stop

Exception with the DR1, as she'll do a backflip, a little Rudder side to side is required . . watch those wingtips. After you're down to about 30 mph, dig those potatoes

The SE5a is a Bouncer, only cure for that is stalling 6 inches up, easier said than done

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3575804 - 05/20/12 12:18 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
One of the Hidden Features of OFF #26

Clic on CREDITS ( nobody ever does ) Make sure your speakers work. After the actual credits, there appears a field of red poppies, and the taped voices of four WWI pilots, all of them frightfully British, followed by the reading of "Over Flanders Fields"

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
One thing worthwhile to think about! Originally; Quick Combat was considered a practice area, where you you could work on your gunnery, and your Piloting Skills, till the action of the AI became just toooo predictable to be a challenge anymore. Then you would advance to campaign. Well QC has changed, some accomplished pilot's never leave QC. As there you control ALL the variables. Also it's a great place too practice dead stick landings, and sideslipping, with nobody bothering you in Free Flight

But if you wish to jump into campaign, with both feet, and die a lot . . . . . . . be my guest
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Then we have the other extreme, the newbie who says, "The best place to begin is the beginning". Sooo I'll start OFF in Jan,1915 flying with RFC-3 in the Bristol Scout.

Well 6 missions later, and you've yet to have an enemy contact, frankly you're bored stiff.

Nobody to blame but yourself. In early 1915 there weren't that many aircraft anyway, mostly recon and spotting for the field artillary, most of those endless 'patrols' were just to keep you busy.

Plus if you believe in Flying without aids ( Labels ) Might have been a enemy around, but you never saw him.

He could be behind a cloud .... you'd never see him. NOTE ... there's no hiding from the TAC with the aircraft only screen up, in your lower left corner

PS . . .If you can hit anything with the Bristol Scout ( other than a tree) you were born too late
The trick is use of ( F6 ) Iron Sights . . . as then you're looking straight down the gun

Last edited by Uncleal; 05/20/12 12:22 AM.

There's no such thing as Bad Weather, only unsuitable clothing
#3575812 - 05/20/12 12:32 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
The OLHAM Method for ordering your wingmen about #27

My way is dead simple:
You press your "select target" key (don't know the default one, see under "controls", mine is put on joystick).
In your TAC (which has to be on for this, I'm afraid), you now see the previously red dot of one craft as a yellow.
Also you may have a yellow bracket shown at the selected craft (the bracket has to be "on" - see "controls").
If you don't want brackets, switch them off - it still works, as long as you have the TAC on; you must now look
for the yellow specs.

If there are too many craft around you, you MAY press pause, and click through your enemies, until the desired
craft is marked. Of course an immersion killer.

If you got a target marked, that you want your wingmen to attack, press the "Attack" command.
If you want them to stop and come back, press the "Return" command.
If you want them to attack a different target, mark that one, and press "Attack" again.

Your wingmen can also be ordered a general "Attack" order, when nothing is marked. Therefor, the enemies have
to appear as RED dots - then they are close enough. When you press "Attack" now, your wings will attack a craft
of their own choice; probably the nearest.

Your direct wingman no. 1 will stay with you, if he can. If you press the "Help" command, he will attack the craft
next to you. He can be a great help - but he might also fire at the same craft you are hunting, when it is the closest
to you. To make the wingman stay with you, press "Help" right after "Attack" - that should keep him with you.
But when there are a lot of enemy fighters, he may get forced away from you.

I have put the wingman commands on the joystick base buttons. So I can use them very fast, and often effective.
Not always though. When your wingmen are carried away by the fighting, and appear as white specs on the TAC,
they will not "see" your commanding signs and carry on doing what they do.

Edit/PS: Oh, and don't forget to set the TAC for the right target type! There are "aircraft", "buildings", "vehicles" and
"ships". If you want to attack a railyard, you have to switch to "buildings" or "vehiclesMy way is dead simple:
You press your "select target" key (don't know the default one, see under "controls", mine is put on joystick).
In your TAC (which has to be on for this, I'm afraid), you now see the previously red dot of one craft as a yellow.
Also you may have a yellow bracket shown at the selected craft (the bracket has to be "on" - see "controls").
If you don't want brackets, switch them off - it still works, as long as you have the TAC on; you must now look
for the yellow specs.

If there are too many craft around you, you MAY press pause, and click through your enemies, until the desired
craft is marked. Of course an immersion killer.

If you got a target marked, that you want your wingmen to attack, press the "Attack" command.
If you want them to stop and come back, press the "Return" command.
If you want them to attack a different target, mark that one, and press "Attack" again.

Your wingmen can also be ordered a general "Attack" order, when nothing is marked. Therefor, the enemies have
to appear as RED dots - then they are close enough. When you press "Attack" now, your wings will attack a craft
of their own choice; probably the nearest.

Your direct wingman no. 1 will stay with you, if he can. If you press the "Help" command, he will attack the craft
next to you. He can be a great help - but he might also fire at the same craft you are hunting, when it is the closest
to you. To make the wingman stay with you, press "Help" right after "Attack" - that should keep him with you.
But when there are a lot of enemy fighters, he may get forced away from you.

I have put the wingman commands on the joystick base buttons. So I can use them very fast, and often effective.
Not always though. When your wingmen are carried away by the fighting, and appear as white specs on the TAC,
they will not "see" your commanding signs and carry on doing what they do.

Edit/PS: Oh, and don't forget to set the TAC for the right target type! There are "aircraft", "buildings", "vehicles" and
"ships". If you want to attack a railyard, you have to switch to "buildings" or "vehicles
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#3575819 - 05/20/12 12:44 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
Phase III was promised to install on Vista and it did. CFS3 QC #28

In order to prevent accidental exposure it was rather well Hidden Away

NOTE: . . As of late, a great many computers have appeared on

the scene, equipped with Windows 7 64 bit.

Nowdays it seems the accepted practice of 'I buy power' as well

as many other custom builders, to use it.

Also I should think more than a few 'disgrunteled' VISTA users,

took that path as well.

Seeing as this little piece of information, was originally written

long before the release of Windows 7, I can safely say . . . .

Anybody running Windows 7, has no reason to fear CFS3 QC

. . Start OFF, go Directly to Workshop, there to find CFS3 QC along the bottom, clic on it. After some on-screen magic, the Quick Combat screen will appear, That's the one place you can activate Spawns via a little white check box in the center of the screen, clic on 'Go to Field'. Then put your hands in your pockets, more on-screen magic, and the Hanger Page, that looks just like Phase II will appear. There's a Medal with a maroon ribbon on the left side of the screen.

Clic on the Maroon Ribbon , the Menu will slide out, you can customize your entire experience

Clic ON the term FLIGHT TYPE
You'll get your choice of: The Type of Action

Clic on AIRCRAFT
You can choose the Aircraft you Fly
Also the Possible Loadout
All the German Aircraft ONLY have twin MGs, except the Fokker EIII and the Haberstat with a single gun, along with some of the bombers
British and French aircraft most have rockets or bombs, some you have a choice.
There's also a Model 'T' Ford and a Moped if you get bored

Clic ON . . . LOCATION you can then choose
country of flight
area of country
airfield in area
Time of Day or Night
Where you start
Weather
Season

Clic ON . . SKILL
skill of the enemy pilot
can the ground gunner hit an elephant or not
How will you initialy confront the enemy

Clic ON . . FIGHTER
You get to choose the type of aircraft that trys to Kill You

On the right side is HANGER . .a drop down menu, that speaks for itself

#3575821 - 05/20/12 12:49 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
GUNNERY in WW1. You don't actually Aim, You try to Ram him, and just before you hit him, you open fire, you'll only have time for a short burst or you WILL hit him. And had than a few mid-air collisions learning this stuff. Your guns are solidly mounted to the aircraft, if you tried to aim Presto you're on a collision course. Besides who is busy doing all that aiming if you're busy flying the plane. In order to Aim you need a front and rear sight ( most aircraft have one or the other not both ).The Nieuport 11 doesn't have ANY, as the gun is on the upper wing. If you only have a Front Sight, you'll try to get closer soo you can't miss NOTE . . the twin gun German aircraft don't use a front sight at all. They pick an imaginary point between the two guns, such as the top edge of the windscreen on the Alb DIII, or just above the gauge on the Fokker DR1. There are long distance shots taken, but it's only done by experienced pilots.
MEAT or METAL If you fail to hit the Pilot, the Engine, or the Fuel Tank, it could be a long day. Just getting behind somebody and openning fire, unless by luck you hit the pilot in the back of the head, you can shoot all your bullets without doing anything. All the goodies are in the front third of the fusilage. Never said this Schitt was easy. If you dive on somebody, without him seeing you, and you shoot him in the wing. You haven't accomplished anything except announced your presence, and if he's a better pilot than you, you Die
There is NO Blood in OFF . . If you're close enough, you'll hear him scream as your bullets turn him into hamburger #29
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#3575824 - 05/20/12 12:58 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
WHY you should fly as FLIGHT LEADER. Sometimes the newbie will figure, If I fly as second fiddle, I'll see how it's done, and learn how to handle a WWI aircraft at the same time. WRONG . . Quick Combat is there just so the newbie can learn how the aircraft will react to your input, and YOU control ALL the variables. However if you wish to jump into Campaign, and Kill a bunch of pilots, be my guest it's yours afterall.

For my money, I'd select: Player always leads, enlisting my pilot in one of the top 2 ranks possible for that nationality, ie . . NO Sargents. Because leaving the TAC up, you can't get lost period.

Plus there's the little matter of wingmen, ONLY the mission leader can command his wingmen. And without commands, they do anything they damn well please, which can include them just watching as you get killed facing 5 enemy aircraft alone.

Incase anybody is wondering why your Flight Leader doesn't announce his moves before He does them, He Can't . . it's 1917, there's no radios in these tiny aircraft

If you decide the hell with the mission, I'll just go looking for trouble, you'll go solo

If you can keep up to your mission leader you're good. He's on your side but he's AI, which means he can climb without slowing down, his mixture is always perfect, he's uneffected by any kind of wind.

More importantly, he can fly through a cloud with NO effect, when you try to follow, you can get your wings ripped out, or not. Feeling Lucky Today

Sooo as the leader, you circle the field once, to get all your ducklings in a row. Then Warp to Mission Altitude in 6 seconds flat

And you can never get lost by following the Blue Neon Line on your TAC . #30

#3575825 - 05/20/12 01:05 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
OPERATION OF YOUR SECONDARY WEAPON IS A TWO KEY OPERATION #31

Unless you're flying a scout for the Dark Side ( German Aircaft don't have rockets or bombs ) excepting of course the Bombers

Seeing as OFF was a patch of CFS3, Firing Rockets or Dropping Bombs is a Two step operation

Select Weapon - - Backspace, that's pure CFS3, as the pilot could Select if he wanted to fire rockets, or drop bombs, on the target. We don't have that dilema in 1917, it's one or the the other Period,

I like to think of it as the arm command, it only needs to be pressed Once, at the beginning of your mission. After that you just deal with the Fire Button - - Enter

What I'm saying is only one button need be on your Joystick, if you're running an X-52 No Sweat, but most other sticks, especially with Force feedback. Buttons you can hit with your Right Hand, without emptying your hand, are at a Premium.

For those of us who see reaching across our bodies, as an unnatural movement. Enter the Saitek Throttle Quadrant's six buttons

#3575828 - 05/20/12 01:08 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
A TRICK FOR THOSE NOT UTILIZING PEDALS YET #32
The Human Body was never designed with the Twisty Stick in mind, in WWI Sims ANYWAY
In WWII Aircraft, there was some use of Rudder. In Jets even less, except for runway activity

However we're dealing with full travel use in gunnery. That violent momentary course correction just prior to shooting.
It's rather simple actually, I won't say impossible, but it's Very Difficult, to hold a totally flat pivoting action, while squeezing the trigger.
Unless you're Very Careful, you're always going to have a slight Alerion Movement. Just enough to Bank Off Target

I haven't met the pilot, who can hold a turn that flat, without pedals, in a dogfight. I'm sure they exist, but I ain't one.

SOLUTION: Don't use the trigger. Use the Spacebar, your Machine Gun will still Fire, plus your hit percentage will be noticeably higher

Try it and see, and what is your other hand doing then . . in my case I'm on the throttle, but I'm using pedals
HOW TO FIND Your HIT % in OFF . . . Player Stats in Workshop . . On or Off

#3575830 - 05/20/12 01:10 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
Becoming the ultimate 'Tourist' in OFF, Anybody running VISTA skip this topic, as it's unsafe for you. For everyone else, in CFS3 QC British Fields England / Free Flight / Runway / Suttons Farm / I prefer a Sopwith Pup w/ Rocket Loadout . . . Yanks Only
Take off and fly NW, in about 6 minutes you'll reach the Thames, hang a right, you'll be travelling West. The first stream on your right, features roughly four bridges, very satisfying with rockets
Turn your Labels On, as some of the sights further along the Thames simply amaze, such as Tower Bridge ( flying Under the roadway) Big Ben, Bittersea Power Station #33

#3575832 - 05/20/12 01:17 AM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
BALLOON BUSTING ( Hopefully staying alive in the process )

Any Discussion about the proper method for destroying a balloon, should include how it was actually done. Let's get one thing straight, a balloon is a PRIME Target. You know it, I know it, and the enemy defenders know it, so to say it will rather heavily defended, is an understatement.

What is a balloon, but a bag of gas, which when mixed with air is extremely flammable. Your attack plans must differ throughout the war. Early on the incindary ammunition was highly unreliable. It was known to Light-Off from engine heat alone.

The Great Willie Coppens, Balloon Ace Extrodinaire, would purposely kill his engine at high altitude directly over the balloon, as noise abatement, as he did a full dive on the balloon. when within gun range he would restart his own engine, the gunners couldn't hit him because the Balloon was in the way. Soo he'd destroy the Gas Bag, only to fly away at full speed, he did this 16 times. It Worked, but the method was never copied

The more accepted method, is to ventilate the Gas Bag real good with your machine gun, so that the area near the Gas Bag is saturated with a mixture of Air & Gas, which only needs to be exposed to flame to destroy the balloon.

Enter the PRIUS Rocket, little more than an overgrown firework. Your aircraft carries 8 rockets, fired electrically, all at the same time, and they're none to accurate.
Sooo get close, fire your rockets, and hopefully set off the escaping balloon gas, destroying the balloon.

As soon as the incindary ammunition became more reliable, the Prius Rocket Disappeared.

The Rockets in OFF, belong on a P47 in terms of Range, Accuracy, and Destructive Power. However it's Hardcode CFS3, you want rockets, use these, or none at all. Said CFS3
PS . . Those rockets are great for Bridges and Locomotives

Just How close you wanna get before openning fire, is up to you, but there's no hiding why you're in the area

The diving attack has some merit as the defending Machine Guns can't hit you until 2000, but the AA fire has no limitation, plus you can't bob and weave on the way down. Once you Open Fire you're commited, and they know it !!

Balloon Busting is no Easy Job

Unless you're talking about the one every airfield features, you can destroy those just testing your guns

You could of course make a show out of the ballon mission, order your wingmen to attack, while you just watch.

However you can't claim the balloon, if they shot it down

If you're the guy who destroyed the balloon, go straight home, no dogfights along the way. You may survive, but your wingman has to, he's your witness, He dies, kiss that balloon goodbye

THE OLHAM METHOD OF BALLOON ATTACK

For balloon attack, I approach the balloon at 2.000 - 3.000 feet, zizagging first,
and find out, how he is lined out, cause I always attack them along their full length axis,
and if possible, from the sun side.
From the right position, I dive on it in a 30° - 40° dive, stabilise my aim, and fire bursts
at it, when it appears big enough.
I mostly destroy it in the first approach. If that fails, I go back to 2.000 zigzagging, and
then dive down on it much steeper (45 - 50 °), blow it up, and then pull out and away
zig zagging, not climbing too hard, as that would reduce my escape speed.
(I stop firing at the balloon at about 400 feet distance, latest, and pull out.)

NOTE: German aircraft can not carry rockets, of any kind, ever.

When out of reach of the balloon's Flak, I climb higher for crossing the line.

NEW PILOT'S METHOD AND IT WORKED

Long story: I went around the front and circled around from the east. The balloon was high in the sky by the time I found it. Wingmen went down to the deck and started suppressing the German defenses, I bored straight in on that sausage. Took a hit from something (no idea what) that knocked the Nieuport around like a kite. I had a look and my left bottom wing tip looked as though Superman had grabbed it and bent it upwards. It wasn't sheared off, it was just bent upwards. Very bad for the controls, I was sideslipping all over the sky and flak/mg fire all around. HOWEVER I was still able to flame the balloon and because I was already aiming west I was able to kind of make my plane coast towards friendly lines. The landing didn't go so well, I landed among the British troops in no man's land. "Landed" is overstating it since the plane crashed and sent me to the infirmary for 2 weeks.

ps. Seeing as how it's 'Bloody April', missing 2 weeks of it may not be a bad thing.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#3576157 - 05/20/12 05:22 PM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
If you ever get tired of being the Pilot in a 2-seater, take a turn as the gunner ( F8 )
The pilot will keep you in the air as long as possible. You are the one doing the protecting after all

That's the reason the 2-seaters fly so damn high, no scouts can fly that high

Or they fly Very, Very Low, so no scouts can attack them from below ( their Blindspot )

The Pilot of the Scout can be a sneaky SOB by flying directly behind you, at your altitude. So you can't shoot at him without shooting off your own tail

It becomes a game of cat and mouse. You put 2 controls on your joystick (F6) the Pilot. .and (F8) the gunner

When the SOB gets on your tail, switch to Pilot and Dive then level out, switch to gunner again, and that SOB will be exposed above you.
Then as the gunner you get to carve him up

The NEW OFF is slated to do that automatically - - what a gift

PS . . . That's the reason for the Hole in the Floor on the Twin Engine GOTHA Bomber, this allowed the rear gunner to shoot at you as you attempted to attack from below, the original "Belly Gun"

PS . PS . Many Folks are WOWed about the accomplishments of MVR, he was a great pilot and an efficent Killer. However many of his early victories were against British 2 seaters with a top speed of 85 mph, while he had an Albatros DIII, his victims flew in formation. He would Attack whoever was at the edge of the formation at roughly 10 O'clock meaning there was No Way the pilot had a shot, while the gunner couldn't traverse his gun far enough to allow a shot. One Burst from his Spandous was normally enough. And so the Legend Grew. Many is the time if the odds weren't in his favor, he ran. But he lived to fight another day. He finally cashed in his chips, when one Bloke got a lucky shot from the ground, exactly who is still in dispute.
Back in the Day, I considered myself an above average Deer Hunter with the Bow, and I'll never forget what the guy who taught me said . ."Never Shoot an arrow at anything that can eat you" SOUND ADVISE
If you go on Utube you'll see many videos of guys bagging the Top 5 from Africa with a Bow
They always omit to show the guy Off Camera with the 375 H&H whose there to settle disputes

Last edited by Uncleal; 05/24/12 02:26 AM.

#3576282 - 05/20/12 08:40 PM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
Don't know exactly where to put this because it contains many different types of items. But they definatly deserve Sticky
Soo I'll lump them all together under

PILOT ITEMS OF INTEREST

RFC Pilot Training . . Aerodrome Story . http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/aviation-personnel/23225-rfc-pilot-training.html

The Red Fighter Pilot . . on line book . http://richthofen.com/

Rosebud's . . Many OLD Photos . . http://www.earlyaeroplanes.com/archive1.htm

The Vintage Aviator . Website . http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/node

Illustrated History of WW1 Aviation http://www.wwiaviation.com/ . Enter by clicking on area of Pilot's Heads

Fighting the Flying Circus . on line book . http://richthofen.com/rickenbacker/

The Great War in Color . .extensive Website . http://www.greatwar.nl/frames/default-color.html

Knock your Sox off Photos http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/642541-Photos-of-original-Dr1-D-VII-Morane-AI-in-flight

WW1 Battlefields as they look today http://www.coolcrack.com/2011/11/amazing-pictures-of-landscape-still.html

WW2 in photos http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/pages/ww2/

WW2 after the war in photos http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/10/world-war-ii-after-the-war/100180

How to dive in an SE5a http://www.southsearepublic.org/article/1764/read/how-to_dive_an_se5

Low Flying http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/S...-Wagon-Rut.aspx

Many Pictures German WW2 http://www.histomil.com/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=3918

60 squadron RAF .. E Book . http://openlibrary.org/books/OL6287542M/Sixty_squadron_R.A.F.

Last edited by Uncleal; 09/11/12 02:52 AM.

#3578185 - 05/23/12 05:27 PM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks Uncleal. I think we should put this whole thread into the new FAQ sub forum but will think on it.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#3578410 - 05/23/12 10:30 PM Re: OFF ADDITIONS [Re: 5555]  
Uncleal Offline
Uncleal  Offline

Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: 5555

Hello Mr. P, Uther or whomever,

I noted on CombatAce some aircraft, missions and campaigns additions for OFF. The site does not qualify if the creations are for versions 2 or 3, though some of the available maps are from Rabu, which gives the material credibility.

But before my next computer FFU, my mind inquires if they are safe to import.

As far as I can tell the only reason to utilize some of the third party missions is the level of enemy contact

That is No-Longer a valid reason, with the manager as it exists in Phase III you can enlist a few pilots around May of 1918 and you will shortly wish your mother never met your father, as 6 on 10 is fairly commonplace.
I'd even venture to say it happens all to often. Many times you will encounter the 6 on 10 going on . . . and will join to even out the odds. Things have a way of escolating in 1918

The smart money enlists 6 Pilots in 1916, 6 in 1917, and 6 more in 1918.
That way you can fly as you choose

#3600165 - 07/01/12 05:32 PM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Uncleal.. good info here, thanks!

#3974488 - 06/29/14 12:23 PM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
J99Falke Offline
J99Falke  Offline

Gibt es eigendlich auch ein Forum in deutsch, ich bin leider dem englich nicht so machtig.
Da Rof meiner Ansicht doch einschläft und wir eine onlinestaffel für ww1 sind habe ich die frage wie ist das mit WOFF online fliegen, geht das?

#4209917 - 12/25/15 01:51 PM Re: OFF Essentials (Links, Tips, Tweaks, etc) [Re: Uther]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
None of the links above are active. Not a problem at my end.

How do I get rid of contact and dog barking??? can not find sound files.

How do i get labels and brackets to show up when flying.. I can not find the enemy at all.

Where should I post for answers to problems in OFF an Hat in Ring add on. Seems like there is no activity in this game but I just got back to flying and am not intrested in the High priced WOFF download.

Thanks for any help or direction.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.