Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 253 of 384 1 2 251 252 253 254 255 383 384
#4570747 - 06/02/21 05:56 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? *** [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

The Titans That Built America 2nd ep

https://play.history.com/shows/the-titans-that-built-america/season-1/episode-2

The Roaring Twenties come to a halt as the Stock Market crashes. Just as the Titans’ fight for dominance leaves its mark on the New York skyline, the Great Depression arrives and cripples their empires. Now, as they struggle to stay afloat, a bold new President, FDR, marks them as villains to a nation eager to have someone to blame. They’ll fight back–but what they don’t realize is that an even greater threat grows in Germany.

(In the first episode I learn the Empire State skyscraper was made by the CEO of General Motors Pierre Du Pont of the Du Pont company because the CEO of Chrysler who was Walter Chrysler made the tallest building in the world for himself in New York and called it the Chrysler building and Du Pont did not like that)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4570749 - 06/02/21 06:05 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy

(In the first episode I learn the Empire State skyscraper was made by the CEO of General Motors Pierre Du Pont of the Du Pont company because the CEO of Chrysler who was Walter Chrysler made the tallest building in the world for himself in New York and called it the Chrysler building and Du Pont did not like that)

Why do your posts read like some 5th grader reading his book report out loud to the class?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4570766 - 06/02/21 08:38 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
The Valley of Tears season 1.

A mostly well done Israeli miniseries featuring a decent amount of Centurion vs T-62 action scenes.

The overall production quality is equivalent to that of the HBO Chernobyl series IMO.

#4570832 - 06/03/21 03:26 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

#4570870 - 06/03/21 07:22 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
The Valley of Tears season 1.

Quit after 3 episodes. The rat guy turn a good show into poop.

------------

Just watch final episode of The Titans That Built America

https://play.history.com/shows/the-titans-that-built-america/season-1/episode-3

Just as the United States emerges from the Great Depression, Germany starts World War II in Europe and Japan attacks Pearl Harbor. The U.S. needs to build a vast war machine. Now, the same President who once vilified the Titans must ask them to set aside their own self-interests and join forces... to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen. With millions of lives at stake, the Titans must build the Arsenal of Democracy--to save the free world.

(The President was FDR. He hunted down Ford, Boeing, JP Morgan, Du Pont, Chrysler during his first term. He accuse them of causing the Great Depression and he broke up their companies with new laws.)

#4570900 - 06/04/21 12:33 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Nothing fancy nut "The Shootist" with the Duke am old movie a classic with Lauren Bacall.Rom Howard and James Stewart..I'm just a old classics viewer and always enjoy them.

Russ
Semper Fi
#4570917 - 06/04/21 04:26 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Episode 1 and 2 of Lisey's Story, a Stephen King production, dropped on Apple TV tonight.

I will hard pass on remaining 6 episodes.

#4570963 - 06/04/21 03:27 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Tarnsman
But, I dont know many Revolutionary War dramatic films either.

Yes, it is absolutely a VERY small niche even if you go back to like the 1940's! There was "Revolution" from 1985 with a very miscast Al Pacino. The movie was decent but it flopped terribly at the box office.

The only other films about that period I can think of are 1988's "April Morning" HBO's "John Adams" and 2000's "The Crossing."
I'd recommend John Adams and I've yet to watch The Crossing.

#4570965 - 06/04/21 03:32 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Last movie I saw was The Last Stand. The English dub was mostly bad, but otherwise a pretty good movie. It's a Russian film about the Eastern Front, so spoilers, everyone dies.

#4571357 - 06/09/21 07:45 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I saw a movie and a show last weekend(got carried away with Elite Dangerous on Saturday so was too late for another movie):

1) "Love and Monsters" -- This was a cute film, more mainstream than I normally watch, but the writing was tight, the humor was solid, and the special effects were well done. I'm not one for special effects, though, and thankfully they took a backseat to the dialogue and story. Fun family film, *** out of ****.

2) "Black Mirror season 1 episode 3" -- Strong show as always. This episode, in particular, was pretty thoughtful, given the subject matter of having an implant that records every waking moment that you can rewind, watch again, and even display on television for others to watch. Jodie Whittaker was easy on the eyes, as well, so that was a bonus. *** 1/2 out of ****, as far as short anthology pieces go.

#4571366 - 06/09/21 09:47 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: kilosierra]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
Originally Posted by kilosierra
Yup!

It`s a pity, it wasn`t successful enough for a sequel. I bet M&C would have won more Oscars if LOTR wasnt published the same year.

Apparently there is a prequel in the works.

#4571397 - 06/10/21 10:30 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: archermav]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by archermav

Apparently there is a prequel in the works.

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4571148/so-hell-has-frozen-over#Post4571148

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4571429 - 06/10/21 04:01 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
I know the elitist here dislike marvel, but loki started very good, lots of exposition but it was a nice character breakdown of loki.

#4571432 - 06/10/21 04:07 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I really dislike most Marvel films, but last night when I was surfing IMDB, I realized that "Howard the Duck" was a Marvel property. Alas, the film is hated by many, as was rated only 4.7. I have not seen the film since the mid 80s when I was a kid, but at the time seemed pretty great, and pretty much the only marvel movie I've ever been fully entertained by.

#4571445 - 06/10/21 05:09 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I really dislike most Marvel films, but last night when I was surfing IMDB, I realized that "Howard the Duck" was a Marvel property. Alas, the film is hated by many, as was rated only 4.7. I have not seen the film since the mid 80s when I was a kid, but at the time seemed pretty great, and pretty much the only marvel movie I've ever been fully entertained by.

Can we vote to ban him ?

i was a kid when i saw it, and at that time i though the not dragon but dog from neverending story was as real as it could be, and i couldnt take that guy dressed as donal duck seriously. i though the movie sucked, i dont even dare to download it out of curiosity.

#4571449 - 06/10/21 05:27 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

Can we vote to ban him ?

i was a kid when i saw it, and at that time i though the not dragon but dog from neverending story was as real as it could be, and i couldnt take that guy dressed as donal duck seriously. i though the movie sucked, i dont even dare to download it out of curiosity.

Reminds me of an old skit I saw where someone hated the Star Wars prequel's so much they went back in time to convince Lucas to not make them, only to return from the past to see, too their horror, Howard The Duck IV playing at the local theater.

#4571451 - 06/10/21 05:34 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I have not seen the film since the mid 80s when I was a kid, but at the time seemed pretty great, and pretty much the only marvel movie I've ever been fully entertained by.

The key word here is "kid". I think everyone on SimHQ needs to keep this in mind before they want to tar and feather you. smile

There is a lot of stuff I enjoyed watching as a kid that now as an adult makes me absolutely cringe.

#4571453 - 06/10/21 05:39 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
That's why I made sure I included the word "kid." smile

I haven't seen it since the 80s, so I have no idea as to whether it was a dumpster fire or not. Not all the stuff I liked when I was a kid is bad, though. I saw part of "Super Fuzz" a few years ago and it was still kinda corny and funny, but certainly not the awesome I felt it was when I was eight.

#4571454 - 06/10/21 05:42 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

I haven't seen it since the 80s, so I have no idea as to whether it was a dumpster fire or not. Not all the stuff I liked when I was a kid is bad, though. I saw part of "Super Fuzz" a few years ago and it was still kinda corny and funny, but certainly not the awesome I felt it was when I was eight.

On a related note, I've always been perplexed when I've met adults who actually watch WWE wrestling. I always make it a point to say "I enjoyed watching wrestling as well when I was 13"

#4571456 - 06/10/21 06:17 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

On a related note, I've always been perplexed when I've met adults who actually watch WWE wrestling. I always make it a point to say "I enjoyed watching wrestling as well when I was 13"

Same reason people watch bad movies, only WWE has better stunts.

Page 253 of 384 1 2 251 252 253 254 255 383 384

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.