Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3564435 - 04/29/12 03:58 PM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
Warbirds Offline
Warbirds  Offline

They are working hard on an old game that they could have shelved last year and you complain? Most developers would be gone by now and you know because you have seen it, been there and got the T shirt. They really don't even have to say anything but instead put out honest reports for you to take pot shots at. Come on, stop using your keyboard for your mouth and live in the real world.

"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3564446 - 04/29/12 04:26 PM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
addman Offline
addman  Offline

Swede in Finland :)
Oh, I'm sorry Warbirds, after reading your post I booted up CloD and I'm now enjoying it more then ever, thank you! Seriously though, I don't see the difference between devs that have officially left a game 6 months ago and devs that say they haven't left the game 6 months ago but haven't produced anything of substance except for a handful of excusing updates about last minute glitches (aka the new "2 weeks be sure"). Do you see what I mean? When I see the patch and have updated CloD and everything is hunky dory I will rejoice and praise until then, what do you want me to say? The game is great? For me it's not but I don't go all ape-poo over it, instead I deal with it with a sense of humor, here, where it is allowed. Now pass the spliff boys.

PS. If the patch will be called "Battle of Moscow" I'll have the laugh of my life.

Last edited by addman; 04/29/12 04:31 PM.

It rushed along like an arrow, but when you lost control you could end up beneath its hoofs. Aleksandr Ivanovich Pokryshkin comment on the MiG-3
#3564451 - 04/29/12 04:50 PM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Warbirds]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Warbirds
They are working hard on an old game that they could have shelved last year and you complain? Most developers would be gone by now and you know because you have seen it, been there and got the T shirt. They really don't even have to say anything but instead put out honest reports for you to take pot shots at. Come on, stop using your keyboard for your mouth and live in the real world.

It's the entitled generation... - To be expected.

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3564463 - 04/29/12 05:20 PM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Freycinet]  
FIScott Offline
FIScott  Offline

Originally Posted By: Freycinet
Originally Posted By: Warbirds

It's the entitled generation... - To be expected.

There is no point replying to you really.

If anybody either raises a valid criticism of the game or God forbid disagrees with your take on things it is either a)'thats all been said, whats the point of going on about it any more' or b)'You are wrong, I am right, this game is the saviour of the combat flight sims, you should think yourself lucky there are developers like 1C' etc.

Point is the game has been in limbo for a looong time and (I know it has been said before) it came out in a state many people who were used to the like of old IL2 and RoF just couldn't accept. That was from a company who's products were the standard by which anything else was judged. Although I happily accept that there are parts of CoD in which you can see genius peeking through the sum total of its parts is pretty flaky at best, and because of its miriad issues there are a lot of keen simmers who can't even get it to run decently enough to play at all.

The run in to the next (maybe) patch has been a shambles. Week in week out for months its been 'almost'. The last update pretty much summed up how almost it is. As to 'how sad we all are' etc, etc, well... you know, this is their craft and if you are pitching in your own field and continually drop the ball it is reasonable to be called out.

As far as I am concerned you are welcome to enjoy this game until rapture but objectively anyone who points out that this game is badly flawed and the attempts to put it right appear to be more and more desperate (and futile) have a fair and valid point which should be respected as a measured opinion.

#3564492 - 04/29/12 06:20 PM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Let's stay on the topic of 'Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012' please.

#3564542 - 04/29/12 07:48 PM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Okay then, but that will hurt my rope business...I think the devs need to find Igor Egorov and put him back on code. He was the lead programmer at the beginning of the series. Just saying maybe the staff are not the sharpest tacks, and I can only imagine how difficult all that is.

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3564660 - 04/29/12 11:15 PM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
There is no chance in H#ll they will release BOM before the patch for COD. People will have to see the sim working before they touch BOM with a ten foot pole. If they don't get the game engine sorted, BOM will never see the light of day anyway.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3564779 - 04/30/12 02:10 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Chivas]  
cheesehawk Offline
cheesehawk  Offline

CA, USA
And no one thought there'd be a chance in H#$@ that we'd still be waiting for the first patch 6 months after the introduction of the CTDs in early October. Please Chivas, save the sunshine and rainbows for the banana forums...

#3564790 - 04/30/12 02:35 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: cheesehawk]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: cheesehawk
And no one thought there'd be a chance in H#$@ that we'd still be waiting for the first patch 6 months after the introduction of the CTDs in early October. Please Chivas, save the sunshine and rainbows for the banana forums...

What did you expect when they decided to rewrite the graphic engine. A two week wait? Yes the bugs may be basicly the same but there appears to be a marked improvement in performance, which is a little sunshine and rainbows, amongst the doom and gloom. I know its hard for you to notice anything positive when your wallowing in negativism.

Last edited by Chivas; 04/30/12 02:36 AM.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3564845 - 04/30/12 04:54 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
'hurt my rope business' lol

But I like sunshine and rainbows Cheesehawk. They should be allowed.

#3564849 - 04/30/12 05:01 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Chivas]  
cheesehawk Offline
cheesehawk  Offline

CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Chivas

What did you expect when they decided to rewrite the graphic engine. A two week wait? Yes the bugs may be basicly the same but there appears to be a marked improvement in performance, which is a little sunshine and rainbows, amongst the doom and gloom. I know its hard for you to notice anything positive when your wallowing in negativism.

There have been no patches since October, please tell me where the marked improvement is?

Chivas & AoA, the Knights Templar of MG, they've found the holy grail and hidden it away... wink

#3564850 - 04/30/12 05:10 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: cheesehawk]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada

There have been no patches since October, please tell me where the marked improvement is?

Chivas & AoA, the Knights Templar of MG, they've found the holy grail and hidden it away... wink

Well I suppose your right, the developer could be lying about the performance improvements they've made over the past six months.

Cheesehawk, member in good standing of the Debbie Downer Assc, nothing positive to see here. wink

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3564862 - 04/30/12 05:42 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
Aullido Offline
Aullido  Offline

Well, if they already have fixed the FM, I think the best course is release it. A small patch now is better than 100 mega-patches tomorrow.

#3564870 - 04/30/12 06:21 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

10-17-2011
We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%.

03-23-2012
Only one relatively minor issue remains that prevents the gunsight, tracers, and bullet decals from being drawn. Of course, this minor technical issue has a huge impact on gameplay, and that is why we cannot release it to the public in its current state.

04-28-2012
However, the things that are the current "known issues" are:
· No dynamic low-caliber hit decals showing on aircraft;
· Detached aircraft chunks losing their texture and becoming pitch-black;
· Little particle "dust" that comes out of weapon hits looking like untextured squares;
· Gunsights always white in color;
· No waypoint lines rendered in map or FMB;
· Pilot and Plane models not rendering textures in Options - Pilot and Options - Plane respectively;
· DX9 support not ready for public consumption.

We have gone from final testing 5 months ago to the problems getting worse, the patch seems to be further away than ever...

Remember this Chivas?-
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3505219/Searchpage/1/Main/351310/Words/%22they+cant+fix+clod%22/Search/true/Re_Update_27_1_12.html#Post3505219

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 04/30/12 06:26 AM.
#3564877 - 04/30/12 06:39 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Chivas]  
cheesehawk Offline
cheesehawk  Offline

CA, USA

Well I suppose your right, the developer could be lying about the performance improvements they've made over the past six months.

Cheesehawk, member in good standing of the Debbie Downer Assc, nothing positive to see here. wink

Just a realist now, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me... fool me (counts quotes in Furb's post, and all of MG's posts)... I'm going to diss your deceptive business practices at every oppurtunity, so some poor clod doesn't go through the same pain we all have.

And unless it's released, any improvements haven't hit the community, and are pure speculation, we haven't even had a video of supposed frame rate increases, much less any specifics as to numbers or hardware, or what else they've removed from the graphics.

Last edited by cheesehawk; 04/30/12 06:45 AM. Reason: additional content
#3564901 - 04/30/12 08:49 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: cheesehawk]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada

Just a realist now, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me... fool me (counts quotes in Furb's post, and all of MG's posts)... I'm going to diss your deceptive business practices at every oppurtunity, so some poor clod doesn't go through the same pain we all have.

And unless it's released, any improvements haven't hit the community, and are pure speculation, we haven't even had a video of supposed frame rate increases, much less any specifics as to numbers or hardware, or what else they've removed from the graphics.

So your only reason for staying in the COD forums is to warn simmers away from the broken sim. Thats a noble pursuit. I would agree that the developers were very deceptive on the state of the sim at release, but it should have been obvious their motives weren't to screw people over. Their motives were to keep the project alive, their jobs intact, investors a chance to get a return on their investment, and finally a new sim series we all want. Now you would have been right if they shut down the development after the western release, but that didn't happen. Right now the development hasn't taken in any substantial monies for months and are bleeding even more investors dollars to get the patch out. That doesn't appear to me to be a corrupt publisher/developer. They also know full well the patch must be successful enough to warrant some confidence in the future of the series, before sales of any sequel will be large enough to keep the development alive, let alone get even a tiny portion of their investment back.

If people understood the process of doing a major code rewrite and debugging rewritten software that has no known finished working state, they wouldn't be so dumbfounded by the delays.

Personally I can't see the investors throwing good money after bad, much longer, unless they see a very bright light at the end of this very dark tunnel. The failure will certainly scare away any other future investment in the last bastion of complex WW2 air combat sim development. These complex small genre sims are just too time consuming, expensive, and risky for investors to even contemplate for the foreseeable future.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3564907 - 04/30/12 09:04 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Chivas]  
Lixma Offline
Lixma  Offline

Londinium
The failure will certainly scare away any other future investment in the last bastion of complex WW2 air combat sim development.

"No...."

"....there is another."

(Maybe)

#3564923 - 04/30/12 09:32 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Chivas]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
[quote=ChivasPersonally I can't see the investors throwing good money after bad, much longer, unless they see a very bright light at the end of this very dark tunnel. The failure will certainly scare away any other future investment in the last bastion of complex WW2 air combat sim development. These complex small genre sims are just too time consuming, expensive, and risky for investors to even contemplate for the foreseeable future. [/quote]

I don't see a very large amount of money needed here from the so called investors. I mean just what is there that is so much money?, weekly salary's, electric bill, rent for the building etc, hardly a lot of money I would think...okay possibly vodka, unknown

Last edited by SlipBall; 04/30/12 10:05 AM.

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3564930 - 04/30/12 09:55 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

@LIXMA:

LOL Perfect, that was!

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3564931 - 04/30/12 09:55 AM Re: Blacksix patch update 28/4/2012 [Re: Bokononist]  
FIScott Offline
FIScott  Offline

I can appreciate what you are saying Chivas but whatever the developers intentions were the fact is they did grossly underplay the technical difficulties the sim had in its release state, I could easily be wrong but I think the Epilepsy filter debacle was a panic reaction in the sure knowledge of the battering they knew they were going to get after release. Don't you think it might have been a better strategy to release a paid beta ? that way anyone who chose to take part would have known from the outset what it was they were getting involved in and a greater part of the bad blood that has arisen could have been avaioded. Water under the bridge I suppose but the decisions taken then affect the mood you take such strong objection to now.

As to the patch the fact that there is obviously disagreement in the team is a concern, I think I can see the point of those who have done good work being frustrated in not having their efforts recognised and enjoyed due to other parts being unfit. The next patch is make or break for the game and as I see it the series. 'Failure to Launch' is (imo) doing more harm than good now. If people could play the game without ctd's and with better, smoother performance the glitches would be far less of an issue than the dev's may think. If they are flying it they ain't in front of keyboards complaining about it.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.