Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3561306 - 04/23/12 11:48 AM Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more.  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

Thread title is a quotation.And now another one:
Originally Posted By: Flexman
Jan 13, 2012 08:02 AM If we haven't launched by May then we won't launch at all. I'll hang up my propeller hat in shame.

Since over half a year reading the news of the CH comes down to this in which game played Flexman,or a mascot design-I think it's time, and fair to the many people who supported this project from the beginning will write whether we forget about this project,
or will be released,and if so, how much we will wait for the full version,because if the next 3-5 years it is probably not much point.
I think many people will wait for the official and final message.
Knock knock, is anyone brave ?

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3561314 - 04/23/12 12:22 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I may not know everything but in one of the latest e-mail I exchanged with Flexman (during the week-end) nothing had me to think that's near giving this up...

So, don't worry! smile

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3561671 - 04/24/12 01:17 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
Regardless of whether it comes out in May or not, I hope Flexman and AD don't give up...it'd be a shame to see all that work go to waste, even if the released product is just the Gunnery Range. I've been following this project for three years now, and I'm still looking forward to it.

I'm still hopeful and fully support this project. copter

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
#3561801 - 04/24/12 09:52 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
Banita,

You've put a few negative posts up regarding this project.

Keep in mind that these guys are doing this in their SPARE time and have had to deal with a couple of pretty serious mishaps (flooding being one of them).

Maybe their release date was a bit optimistic, but I'm sure they'd like to see it released as well. Not least so they can recoup some payment for all the hours spent on it.

You are entitled to your opinion and have every right to post it here, I'm just posting an alternative one.

Personally I think it's amazing that they've got as much done as they have given the situation. If we have to wait another three years, so what. It will probably still be a better sim than any on the market even then.

Patience brother, patience.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk
#3561803 - 04/24/12 10:31 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
EagleEye[GER] Offline
EagleEye[GER]  Offline

Germany
It`s only that we are short of heli simulations and with CH announcement there was new hope. Rich`s blog post`s are sometimes really depressing and I fear that this project will be abandoned. Some people are impatient (like me sometimes) and tend to do negative sounding post`s, but that`s common on public forums, not? It´s like a game, pishing for new informations. biggrin

#3561820 - 04/24/12 11:17 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

I have quoted only the statement of Mr. Flexman before half a year.
I hope that for once keep your word,and finally find out whether the project is alive or not.
I wrote this as a man who supported this project from the beginning, wrote hundreds of posts on the blog.
We are serious people, or not?I fear that, unfortunately, not everyone.

#3561845 - 04/24/12 12:22 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I have hard time understanding this last post.

No offence intended.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3561854 - 04/24/12 12:39 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Banita, he hasn't taken any money from you, neither does he owe you an explanation as to why CH is not out when you think it should be. I presume you are an adult? So, wait, it will be out when it's out.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3561869 - 04/24/12 01:08 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

It's not about me personally.I realized that some people do not keep any word.But check the blog, check FB Mass of people waiting for months for some information.And there is no ANY answer.Its fair? I think not.
edit:thats funny. here i'm alone, but on pm today I received many messages of support and thanks from strangers for this thread.

Last post here.Eot.

Last edited by BANITA; 04/24/12 04:43 PM.
#3561936 - 04/24/12 02:58 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
Banita,

I also have been following the development via the blog and here and at no time do I remember seeing a definate release date. It's always been "hopefully" or something like that. On the basis of that I don't think Flex has "not kept his word" as he didn't give it in the first place.

I disagree that it's not personal. You are the only person I've seen making these statements about not keeping of words on the forum. Yes, there have been a lot of people asking what's happening and I have been one of them, but I'd far rather they spent their time working on the sim instead of answering questions.

I honestly believe they will come through with the program and I wait with as much patience as everybody else.

I don't understand what you think is unfair. As MaceUK33 said, we haven't paid any money in advance.

If you feel unhappy with the way things have turned out simply don't buy the sim when it comes out. That way you won't have lost anything other than the time used to post on a forum.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk
#3562125 - 04/24/12 08:57 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
malibu43 Offline
malibu43  Offline

SoCal
Nobody owes anybody anything unless money or something similar exchanged hands as the result of some agreement that something would be owed as a result. Developers don't owe anyone any updates. It's not "unfair".

This kind of attitude has been rediculous lately, whether it's regarding Combat Helo or MS Flight or SF2:NA. People think that because they've followed development or purchased previous products that they are owed something, whether it's updates on development or that certain features be included in the next upcoming product.

Get over yourselves.

Last edited by malibu43; 04/24/12 08:59 PM.

Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
#3562199 - 04/24/12 11:22 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
Raptor9 Offline
Rotorhead / GFC
Raptor9  Offline
Rotorhead / GFC

Central US
Agree with the previous post.

If anybody that follows these forums or the blog (or any other medium the development team uses) is unhappy with the status of this project, all you have to do is simply stop following it. This project has always been privately funded by an extremely small development team, who have family and personal lives outside of staring at computer code like it's the matrix. A customer paying money for a finished product is quite easy compared to committing several years of your spare time to a project such as this.

If, however, you still support the development, then support it. Provide encouragement and input where appropriate. We're all human, but let's please resist the urge to needlessly complain. It may make you feel better, but it does no good here.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
#3563115 - 04/26/12 05:52 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
^+1 Wish people could me more supportive of these ventures instead of trying to intimidate the developers. I'm really looking forward to small sim projects like this. Another small team is in a similar situation, Jet Thunder. And they get the same type of posts in that forum too.

Last edited by HitchHikingFlatlander; 04/26/12 05:53 PM.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#3563279 - 04/27/12 12:22 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
Ltfransky Offline
Sith Lord
Ltfransky  Offline
Sith Lord

Peterborough, ON, Canada
I can't wait for this game. But I seriously doubt that b!tch!ng will make it arrive more quickly.

Please Heatware Me!

Ours is not to reason why. Ours is to do or die.
Tennyson

I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
Gillespie Magee, RCAF
#3563395 - 04/27/12 09:56 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
tagTaken2 Offline
tagTaken2  Offline

Gone
I don't believe developers should be held to 'promises', but if you're looking to sell, good communication is a courtesy, particular with many people here likely to pony up on the first day of release.
It would be appreciated if developers would offer a rough timeframe, such as 80% chance we will have product this quarter, or 6 months from now - gives you something to look forward to, and if they have to delay, no biggie.
I'm not the only one who kept waiting... and waiting... and waiting to upgrade because never really knew when SoW would come out (now waiting on patch, but at least they are more communicative these days).

#3563590 - 04/27/12 05:24 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
We all know what happens when timetables and deadlines are attached to projects. twoweeks = crew (angry supporters)

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#3563623 - 04/27/12 06:59 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
Justin Case Offline
Justin Case  Offline

Barcelona
Quote:
. here i'm alone, but on pm today I received many messages of support and thanks from strangers for this thread.

That's what I call great support...Sure I'll be disappointed if the game isn't released but what's the point in whining even before it's official?
And as everybody mentioned, most people haven't really invested anything other than forum/blog-time towards this project.

#3563704 - 04/27/12 11:07 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
CTR69 Offline
CTR69  Offline

"Here's to the future, hear the cry of youth"

#3563709 - 04/27/12 11:33 PM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: Ltfransky]  
Ttime Offline
Ttime  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ltfransky
I can't wait for this game. But I seriously doubt that b!tch!ng will make it arrive more quickly.

I'll second that. You've got a way with words fransky.

loc: Northern California
#3563776 - 04/28/12 02:56 AM Re: Longbow Combat-Helo, a secret no more. [Re: ]  
EinsteinEP Offline
Just a Noob
EinsteinEP  Offline
Just a Noob

Tucson, AZ
OK, folks, let's get back on topic please.

Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.