Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3561198 - 04/23/12 04:02 AM "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/...m8byP2hj7I9U%3D

We need to vote idiots like these out of office..

This Facebook page has now been created; https://www.facebook.com/NOto4310

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 04/23/12 09:03 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3561257 - 04/23/12 07:14 AM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
RogueRunner Offline
RogueRunner  Offline

South Africa
we call them poepols around here biggrin

Guns have a point and click interface.

Gun free South Africa?
Suck my Glock!
#3561260 - 04/23/12 07:33 AM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Shame I have no vote in the US, I agree this #%&*$# needs kicking.

#3561261 - 04/23/12 07:34 AM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Immermann Offline
SimHQ's resident fire enthusiast.
Immermann  Offline
SimHQ's resident fire enthusiast.

Lule/Norrbotten/Sweden
What reason does he have for that? Just to get tourists to his hometown?

Mind you, in Sweden it's always been illegal to own military aircraft ( the domestic ones at least) even if you could afford to fly them.

Last edited by Immermann; 04/23/12 07:35 AM.

"When I saw The Matrix at a local theatre in Slovenia, I had the unique opportunity of sitting close to the ideal spectator of the film - namely, to an idiot." - Slavoj Zizek
#3561269 - 04/23/12 08:34 AM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
LawnDartLeo Offline
LawnDartLeo  Offline

Well... I think he is just trying to procure museum pieces. If the greats are grounded, it only makes sense to house them in a museum and he knows that his benefactors would be primary beneficiaries. It is incredibly self serving... as are most if not all actions of teh congress of the United States. Never what's in it for we but what's in it for me.

Remember, the only true job a politician has is to get reelected.

LawnDartLeo
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz CPU (oc'd 4.3)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Heat Sink
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series (2 x 2GB) RAM
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 Motherboard
Windows 7 Professional O/S
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Disk
Gigabyte GV-N570OC-13I Rev2.0 GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Video Card
Corsair Gaming Series GS600 600W Power Supply
#3561278 - 04/23/12 09:39 AM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
VonBarb. Offline
Earth-bound misfit
VonBarb.  Offline
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot

The Dust,Pandora
Yeah, he's an idiot, until FIFI joins Liberty Belle

Cheers

Nico

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
#3561305 - 04/23/12 11:19 AM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
MTFDarkEagle Offline
Shrek 9th Air Strike Sqn
MTFDarkEagle  Offline
Shrek 9th Air Strike Sqn

On your 6 o'clock, messing wit...
That guy needs a BIG ASS whooping!! Bloody hell what an IDIOT.!

Lukas
-----------------------------------
Intel i5 4670K | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT Tempest | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H | 8GB DDR3-1600 Crusial Ballistix | Asus GTX570 DC-II | 2 x WD 500GB | Corsair HX1000W | 22+18.5" Samsung | TrackIR 4 | HOTAS Warthog | G25 | W7 x64 Ultimate
#3561351 - 04/23/12 01:55 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
Persoanlly, having seen these actually fly in real life, I do wish now they would ground some of the last surviving examples. It would be a HUGE loss if FiFi crashed. frown

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
#3561352 - 04/23/12 01:59 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
There's a number of static B-29 on display, no?

So maybe better to have one flying example.

#3561421 - 04/23/12 04:10 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: LawnDartLeo]  
TankHunter Offline
Misanthropic Peon
TankHunter  Offline
Misanthropic Peon

Originally Posted By: LawnDartLeo
Well... I think he is just trying to procure museum pieces. If the greats are grounded, it only makes sense to house them in a museum and he knows that his benefactors would be primary beneficiaries. It is incredibly self serving... as are most if not all actions of teh congress of the United States. Never what's in it for we but what's in it for me.

You expect something other? His job is to represent his constituents. Doing something that will bring economic opportunity to them does this. So he is looking out for "we," just those that his responsibilities force him to look out for. Apparently they do well enough at their job considering how many get reelected every 2 years.

l'Audace, toujours l'audace

I dont have pet peeves; I have major, psychotic hatreds. - George Carlin

Even if you have a crown and sit at a throne
In the end you will have nothing
Even if you are destined for great riches
In the end you will return to the dust
#3561427 - 04/23/12 04:14 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: TankHunter]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Originally Posted By: TankHunter

You expect something other? His job is to represent his constituents. Doing something that will bring economic opportunity to them does this. So he is looking out for "we," just those that his responsibilities force him to look out for. Apparently they do well enough at their job considering how many get reelected every 2 years.

I expect them to do the job they're elected to do, which is run the country in OUR best interests. I can't misdiagnose and fail to repair vehicles that come into the shop just so I'll always have work, but instead have to act in the customers' best interests, so why should we accept that from our "representatives?"

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#3561598 - 04/23/12 09:34 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Dervish Offline
Hotshot
Dervish  Offline
Hotshot

Here is an example of how FIFI can help local economies.

Last year she came to Lunken airport in Cincinnati and I and my brother and his wife went down to see her. While at the airport, we went into the Sky Galley restaurant and had lunch, along with dozens of others. So, we spent money on the local economy.

This politician is just doing his politician thing for the museum, perhaps a little payback.

FTX Global
#3561603 - 04/23/12 09:49 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
I saw Fifi at Sun n Fun at Lakeland. I may have some pictures of her. Seeing her fly really emphasizes that it is a really big airplane.

I will go into my camera to see what I've got.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#3561627 - 04/23/12 11:18 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I was out at SnF a number of years ago, had a pass so I could go out on the Flight line beyond where most folks are allowed, I really wanted to go this year and see Kyle Franklin but couldn't make it.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#3561635 - 04/23/12 11:49 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: TankHunter]  
Speedo Offline
Hotshot
Speedo  Offline
Hotshot

NC USA

I'm not sure I buy that. The AF Museum already has a B-29 (Bockscar). Are there any other warbirds in flying condition that are on loan from the AF besides Fifi? What are the congressman's stated reasons for introducing the bill?

#3561642 - 04/24/12 12:05 AM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: NH2112]  
TankHunter Offline
Misanthropic Peon
TankHunter  Offline
Misanthropic Peon

Originally Posted By: NH2112

I expect them to do the job they're elected to do, which is run the country in OUR best interests. I can't misdiagnose and fail to repair vehicles that come into the shop just so I'll always have work, but instead have to act in the customers' best interests, so why should we accept that from our "representatives?"

The job that they are expected to do is represent their constituents. Those constituents are in very specific areas (a district for example). In this case the constituents are in Ohio, not all 50 states. This is the same logic that goes into decentralizing the production of a piece of military equipment. If it is produced in all 50 states then the constituents of many politicians will want production to continue. If a senator or member of the House votes against such a project then he is harming his own people, hence it being rare to see. This is at least partly why the Osprey survived attempts to ax it and is recently in service even though it was in development since 1983 or something like that.

If you want such things to be different then you may want to consider to throw out the current form of government and replace it with something that is less focused on local politics and more focused on "the big picture." However good luck in finding out who to complain to in such a system when you desire to complain about something.

Speedo
I haven't seen anything that states why he took the position that he did take.

Last edited by TankHunter; 04/24/12 02:16 AM.

l'Audace, toujours l'audace

I dont have pet peeves; I have major, psychotic hatreds. - George Carlin

Even if you have a crown and sit at a throne
In the end you will have nothing
Even if you are destined for great riches
In the end you will return to the dust
#3561814 - 04/24/12 11:04 AM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
There's a number of static B-29 on display, no?

So maybe better to have one flying example.

There's one on display just a few minutes from my place at March Air Reserve Base, and then there's the Enola Gay in D.C. (which I've seen, and it's a superb restoration).

EDIT: aha, I knew I had a pic of it.

#3561832 - 04/24/12 11:49 AM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Apparently he is against common civilians having access to and flying post 1947 military aircraft (jet aircraft specifically) without having the proper training and maintenance that they had while in service which is bogus, since there are already F-86's Mig-15's,17's,21's and a Mig-29, L-39's T-33's,A-4's and an F-4J to name just a few already in civilian hands all falling under FAA regulation for Experimental Aircraft. It's not like these people are not qualified, people like Dale Snodgrass who has more F-14 Flight Hours than anyone else in the World, Kermit Weeks, and Steve Hinton and many, many others who keep our History alive and pump money into the local economies everywhere they display these Historical Aircraft. These guys are Professional, Skilled and in most cases Multi-Aircraft Rated and many are ex-military pilots who have intimate knowledge of the planes they fly and in some cases employ many people to keep these planes in better condition than when they were in service.

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 04/24/12 11:52 AM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#3562068 - 04/24/12 06:18 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: TankHunter]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Originally Posted By: NH2112

The job that they are expected to do is represent their constituents. Those constituents are in very specific areas (a district for example). In this case the constituents are in Ohio, not all 50 states. This is the same logic that goes into decentralizing the production of a piece of military equipment. If it is produced in all 50 states then the constituents of many politicians will want production to continue. If a senator or member of the House votes against such a project then he is harming his own people, hence it being rare to see. This is at least partly why the Osprey survived attempts to ax it and is recently in service even though it was in development since 1983 or something like that.

If you want such things to be different then you may want to consider to throw out the current form of government and replace it with something that is less focused on local politics and more focused on "the big picture." However good luck in finding out who to complain to in such a system when you desire to complain about something.

Come on now, how many of his constituents do you think are going to benefit from Fifi being grounded and displayed at a museum in his district? You've swallowed the gov't hook so deeply that you don't even stop to think before defending everything it does. This is not like my Congressmen pushing for production of a ship at Bath Iron Works or to keep Portsmouth Naval Shipyard off the BRAC table, which are both huge boosts to the state economy and vital to the nation's interests - this guy Turner is pushing this bill to benefit a friend or campaign contributor, plain and simple. Very few people who otherwise wouldn't have gone to the museum will decide to go just to see Fifi. Grounding Fifi and putting her in a museum doesn't benefit his constituents or the nation as a whole, and therefore this bill is a case of this guy not doing the job he's being paid to do.

Last edited by NH2112; 04/24/12 06:22 PM.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#3562134 - 04/24/12 09:13 PM Re: "FIFI" Under attack by Ohio Congressman [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Smokin_Hole Offline
Smokin_Hole  Offline

I thought this about the Rise of Flight player and HUGE SPAD fan, FiFi. And I wondered why would a US pol care about a perfectly innocent French WWI sim fan living in Polynesia. Glad to see it was a misunderstanding on my part.

...Oh and Rep. Turner can S.M.B!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.