McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Oh..My..Guod..

Press release:

April 12th, 2012

Kunos Simulazioni is pleased to announce a new officially licensed car for our upcoming racing simulation, Assetto Corsa, the Lotus Type 49.

Kunos Simulazioni is very proud to announce a new car for their forth coming simulation: Assetto Corsa, our first historic Formula One car, the Lotus Type 49, a real legend of motorsport. As described in Michael Oliver’s book, “Lotus 49 – The story of a legend” the Lotus 49 embodies Colin Chapman's original philosophy of simplicity and lightness in an elegant form. In a single leap the Lotus 49 moved Formula One technology several notches up the evolutionary scale, and can now be seen as a pivot about which F1 technology turned and refocused.

Not only was the 49 a state of the art design, but it would be driven through several tumultuous seasons by some of the world's greatest drivers including Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jochen Rindt and Emerson Fittipaldi.

Kunos Simulazioni development team commented:
"We consider it a privilege and a challenge to have a chance to reproduce one of history’s most iconic cars: The Lotus 49 represents a pinnacle in racing simulation, thanks to the combination between history, technology, lightness, power and beauty. With its shape and livery, the Lotus Type 49 is the ultimate representation of a classic age in Formula One racing, just before technology changed as aerodynamics came to the fore, and sponsorship and big business changed the sport forever. We wish to thank Clive Chapman and everyone at Classic Team Lotus for the opportunity and support they are giving us by allowing our team to recreate this kind of beauty and power, to the best of our ability.

The Lotus Type 49 puts the physics engine of Assetto Corsa under great stress. Combining low grip vintage tyres with a nimble, lightweight chassis and a peaky powerful engine presents the perfect disaster scenario for any simracing physics engine. At KUNOS Simulazioni we believe that an F1 car of any age is a state of the art racing car, and as such it shouldn’t try to kill you just by exiting the pitlane. The Lotus 49 may be hard to drive to the limits when exploring its full potential, but it should also have exceptional handling, and offer confidence and grip when driven with authority and proper technique.

As a result of official licensing, Classic Team Lotus is making real life data and engineering documents available to us, and so far all of our work and fine tuning of our new physics engine confirms our belief of how an iconic Formula 1 Car should handle.

At the same time, we are humbled and amazed by the knowledge and ingenuity of the engineers and designers at Classic Team Lotus."
The Lotus Type 49 has been modelled in every small detail, with particular attention to its visual and dynamic proprieties. The aim is to reproduce the Lotus 49’s impressive handling agility and power with maximum accuracy. The images released today show the current state of development; meanwhile, we are still working, improving and tweaking in order to bring the authentic, original, unique Lotus Type 49 to your PC.

Game information.
Assetto Corsa is a new DirectX 11 based racing game for Windows, expected to be released in 2012.

Assetto Corsa is being designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with single player and multiplayer options, officially licensed cars and tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments.

Also, Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to collect lots of cars and tracks.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3555503 - 04/13/12 10:06 AM Re: Assetto Corsa: Lotus 49 [Re: McGonigle]  
Friday Offline
Friday  Offline

Sevenoaks, England.
Wow, that's a beauty. It's looking like a good year or two for petrol heads coming up!

Is this going to be similar to GPL with other car makes and tracks of that period?

That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?
Well I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.
Yes, don't get clever with me Baldrick. I just thought you might have lopped off a leg or something by mistake.
No, the thing I chopped off had a nose.
#3555511 - 04/13/12 10:52 AM Re: Assetto Corsa: Lotus 49 [Re: McGonigle]  
MudPuppy Offline
MudPuppy  Offline

Appalachian foothills in Virgi...
I saw these late yesterday and was just blown away. I'm not sure what other makers or models they may be building from that period, but I hope they do have some others.
I'm hoping they post some in-game footage to match these beautiful screenies. smile
Derek

#3555520 - 04/13/12 11:32 AM Re: Assetto Corsa: Lotus 49 [Re: McGonigle]  
McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Thre'll be a variety of different cars, tin tops and sigle seaters so in that respect it won't quite be like GPL, but I'm thinking that the physics will blow us out of our socks.

And i do believe that these are un-edited, in game actual sceenshots. smile

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#3555606 - 04/13/12 02:18 PM Re: Assetto Corsa: Lotus 49 [Re: McGonigle]  
SHar82 Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
SHar82  Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99

Toronto, Canada
Graphics are between rfactor 2 and pCars... closer to pCARS actually but not there yet in term of global lighting and reflection details... in the last build (192) the pcars lotus is amazing to drive and to see.
Here some image to compare: (NOT EDITED SHOT apart from resizing)

Last edited by SHar82; 04/13/12 02:20 PM.

Spring chicken to sh!tehawk in one easy lesson

PSN/XBL: Guynemer27
WarThunder/STEAM: Guynemer27
EA/Origin: Dude27
Project Cars: Dude27
#3555625 - 04/13/12 02:58 PM Re: Assetto Corsa: Lotus 49 [Re: McGonigle]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Wow Assetto Corsa looks awesome!

One thing it should have that pCARS is still working to achieve is great physics and FFB, which at least on pCARS with Fanatec is still not so good.

Very much looking forward to Assetto Corsa, with those graphics and the physics and FFB of nKPro it should be awesome.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#3555675 - 04/13/12 04:20 PM Re: Assetto Corsa: Lotus 49 [Re: McGonigle]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
amazin'

#3555955 - 04/14/12 01:45 AM Re: Assetto Corsa: Lotus 49 [Re: McGonigle]  
ChwyNiblet Offline
ChwyNiblet  Offline

This sim is going to take them to the top of the pack. NetKar Pro's physics were great coupled with these graphics...wow. I'm excited.

#3556029 - 04/14/12 05:20 AM Re: Assetto Corsa: Lotus 49 [Re: McGonigle]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Those look amazing. thumbsup

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#3557679 - 04/17/12 10:54 AM Re: Assetto Corsa: Lotus 49 [Re: McGonigle]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
I think - but of course I can't say yet - that AC will present it's stuff in a more "no-fuss, professional way". I.e., more focus on timing, qualifying, accurate race weekends, tons of telemetry. I don't expect it to have much of a "career" or such.

Whereas pCARS will be aimed to please both the "occasional race gamer" and serious sim racer, which means it will bring more of a game element to it, but maybe at the cost of not putting in all the hardcore details that for example belong more to rFactor than to NFS Shift.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.