Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3550782 - 04/04/12 11:34 PM Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity'  
Desert Eagle Offline
Master of the Weird
Desert Eagle  Offline
Master of the Weird
Veteran

Portugal
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2012/04/02/20120402montana-mushroom-burlgar-sentence.html

Quote:
LIVINGSTON, Mont. -- A 28-year-old Park County man who broke into a house while under the influence of mushrooms has been ordered to pay more than $10,000 in restitution and to spend the anniversary of the incident in jail each year for the next three years as a reminder of his "stupidity."

District Judge Nels Swandal told Garrett Douglas Genescritti during Monday's sentencing that he was lucky he wasn't shot when he broke into a house in March 2011, took off his clothes, terrorized a family and crashed the family's pickup truck.

The Livingston Enterprise reports Genescritti pleaded guilty in January to felony burglary, criminal mischief and assault on a minor. He said he used mushrooms before the break-in.

Genescritti was given a five-year deferred sentence, must register as a violent offender and perform community service.

Oh boy. If stupidity is now a crime I think there wont be many people left free.

©2010-oo All Your rights belong to Me

By reading this You acknowledge that Your body and soul, including all your worldly possessions, are now property of this poster. Any unauthorized use of them will be punished.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3550796 - 04/05/12 12:05 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
.Wombat. Offline
.Wombat.  Offline

Texas
Lol! Sorry, but that's funny as hell, I'm glad no one was hurt. Hope he had a good time!
Years from now that will be a funny topic of conversation around th' keg at one of his family reunions!

#3550801 - 04/05/12 12:09 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
I would venture to guess the guy was stupid when straight. But the mushrooms get the blame.

Headline should have read:

Really Stupid Guy Does Really Stupid Things - Even the Mushrooms Couldn't Help Him

smile

Last edited by Recluse; 04/05/12 12:09 AM.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#3550805 - 04/05/12 12:16 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Recluse]  
Mangus Offline
Mangus  Offline

Originally Posted By: Recluse
I would venture to guess the guy was stupid when straight. But the mushrooms get the blame.

Headline should have read:

Really Stupid Guy Does Really Stupid Things - Even the Mushrooms Couldn't Help Him

smile

Well said.

i7 930@2.8Ghz
6GB RAM
Nvidia 590 GTX
120GB SSD
3X22"LCDs
CH Products Hotas & Pedals
#3550814 - 04/05/12 12:28 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

Ehm- mushrooms don't do that. With mushrooms, you have two mental states- 1) someone sits there and gains profound insights and has figured out metaphyiscs, or 2) has introspective but potentially dark, scary feelings of his own life. In either case, breaking into someone's house would be a surefire way to a horrifying, nightmarish trip. Mushrooms do not give a sense of self-confidence or immunity to do something like that, rather, someone is in a potentially very fragile state. Someone does something like that on mushrooms is more likely to think his life is a complete, empty failure and not even bother to go through with it.

No one gets out of here alive.

#3550830 - 04/05/12 12:53 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Kontakt5]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Originally Posted By: Kontakt5
Ehm- mushrooms don't do that. With mushrooms, you have two mental states- 1) someone sits there and gains profound insights and has figured out metaphyiscs, or 2) has introspective but potentially dark, scary feelings of his own life. In either case, breaking into someone's house would be a surefire way to a horrifying, nightmarish trip. Mushrooms do not give a sense of self-confidence or immunity to do something like that, rather, someone is in a potentially very fragile state. Someone does something like that on mushrooms is more likely to think his life is a complete, empty failure and not even bother to go through with it.

My sentiments exactly..hence my post above about the mushrooms (if that is what he really took - doubtful) getting a bad rap.

WAR ON DRUGS, dontcha know.... soapbox

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#3550836 - 04/05/12 01:27 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Should have just shot the stupid man and buried him in the middle of no where. Been to Livingston, Montana. Plenty
of places to disappear.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#3550940 - 04/05/12 10:07 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
U-96 Offline
%!#Stack Overflow#!%
U-96  Offline
%!#Stack Overflow#!%
Hotshot

Credit to the judge for some imaginative sentencing.

#3550949 - 04/05/12 10:29 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: JimK]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
Seems to be a bit understated to describe it as 'stupidity', as maybe 'terrorising a family' and harming a minor in whatever way is a wee bit more serious than that? screwy

I conducted a couple of 'psychonaut' voyages on shrooms myself way back in my distant youth, and frankly was too busy staring at teapots and pondering whether they contained a Tardis-like parallel dimension in which Bob Marley was Emperor of the Universe; wondering if 'reality' was all an illusion and if consciousness is separate and distinct from the physical realm, finding an orange incomprehensibly enigmatic and beautiful, feeling a connection to the everloving 'universal mind', (real or most probably imagined lol) laughing my head off at the increasingly bizarre shape of my mates ears, and Err, really profound things like that. I have to be honest, it was bloody good fun at the time, and definitely an interesting 'experience'....Just not something one should really make a habit of. hahaha

At no point did I feel any urge to break into peoples houses, do any one any harm at all, or 'terrorise' them. Quite the polar opposite in fact lol, if anything, I just wanted to spread 'Teh Cosmic love'. hahaha I strongly suspect his problems run a bit deeper. screwy

Anyways, 'Just say no', Kidz. Not saying its a good idea or anything, or saying its harmless to everyone. Evidently and most definitely not in some cases, but I think these people would probably be predisposed to going crackers at some point anyway. Just being honest.

But can you still recall, the time we tried, to break on through to the other side? hahaha

band

biggrin

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill
#3550958 - 04/05/12 11:05 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Yeah, I tried mushrooms at college and was the worst experience. The wallpaper was moving with creatures moving around inside the pattern, kept thinking I was wetting myself and that I was about 30 feet tall and looking down on all my friends. Was not good.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3550988 - 04/05/12 12:20 PM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Mace71]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
Yeah, I tried mushrooms at college and was the worst experience. The wallpaper was moving with creatures moving around inside the pattern, kept thinking I was wetting myself and that I was about 30 feet tall and looking down on all my friends. Was not good.

True Mace, aye I know it happens sometimes. I went a bit wobbly myself once, very briefly but it was more introspective. My mates had me laughing very quickly again though, and it was ok. I think a lot depends on your environment, your frame of mind, and who is around you at the time. Maybe with some it can bring underlying-subconscious issues to the fore, too. No expert on these things. It can definitely go bad though....and its not always fun and games. Best to leave it out altogether probably, to be on the safe side....definitely not saying its without danger or risk in any way. Sorry if I sounded a bit flippant mate....but ye know what I'm like. smile

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill
#3550990 - 04/05/12 12:23 PM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Oh yeah, this was many years ago and was the last time I tried it and have never tried any drugs or even smoked. As they were a 'natural high' I thought I would try it. Glad I did but wouldn't again smile

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3551084 - 04/05/12 03:19 PM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Rakov Offline
Rakov  Offline

Well...

That's you guys, and your well adjusted life and nice friends having a nice time on shrooms, a special occasion. However, if your mind is already altered from months of constant use of this and other psychotropics, you can have your psyche be on a thought train that could lead you to do something "stupid." Heroin usually just makes you sit and smile a sickly grin, but as RJ Downey knows, sometimes you end up crawling in a child's bedroom. Having had a freak out or two (not on shrooms, that was mellow usually, LSD though, you can't go through a 100 without taking some dark twists) I could see where you lose your way back to sanity if no one is there as a guide post, especially if you haven't seen mental "base camp" in a few weeks.

#3551134 - 04/05/12 04:11 PM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

Mushrooms won't impel someone to rob or kill in order to get the money to get high; psychedelics work totally differently than opiates, they don't work by rewarding the pleasure circuits of the brain and cause the intense cravings, nor do they make someone into an arrogant jerk the same way. Without the intense cravings and withdrawal symptoms, there are no mushroom junkies, the motivation doesn't exist. Further, because of the way it does work, doing things like that are probably the last thing anyone would want experience while under the influence. The normal reaction and fear that a healthy, sane individual would have against committing mayhem- that all still exists, but that would be amplified about a million times to the point of terror. The worst things these drugs do is take someone and make them internalize everything to the point they are trapped and focused inside their own heads, it could lead to feelings of profound sense of emptiness and despair, if the person is unprepared for that- as been said before, someone at a stage in their life with personal problems that they may not have confronted or resolved, those can come out and be made very very apparent but in a stark, naked way. In that bad place, someone would have as much desire to break into someone's house as they would want to jump into an ice cold river on some winter night, you just wouldn't want to do it. Could be even therapeutic that mushrooms may bring out sublimated feelings or problems in that sense, but you don't tend to hear about someone going on a bender on mushrooms doing that because of the influence of mushrooms.

No one gets out of here alive.

#3551141 - 04/05/12 04:14 PM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: Desert Eagle
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2012/04/02/20120402montana-mushroom-burlgar-sentence.html

Quote:
LIVINGSTON, Mont. -- A 28-year-old Park County man who broke into a house while under the influence of mushrooms has been ordered to pay more than $10,000 in restitution and to spend the anniversary of the incident in jail each year for the next three years as a reminder of his "stupidity."

District Judge Nels Swandal told Garrett Douglas Genescritti during Monday's sentencing that he was lucky he wasn't shot when he broke into a house in March 2011, took off his clothes, terrorized a family and crashed the family's pickup truck.

The Livingston Enterprise reports Genescritti pleaded guilty in January to felony burglary, criminal mischief and assault on a minor. He said he used mushrooms before the break-in.

Genescritti was given a five-year deferred sentence, must register as a violent offender and perform community service.

Oh boy. If stupidity is now a crime I think there wont be many people left free.

everyone i know that tripped on shrooms doesnt remember half of it, so how is this guy supposed to remember wtf he did... lol.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3551198 - 04/05/12 05:07 PM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: SkateZilla]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Originally Posted By: Desert Eagle

Quote:

everyone i know that tripped on shrooms doesnt remember half of it, so how is this guy supposed to remember wtf he did... lol.

Do you have different strains of 'power shrooms' stateside lol? Its just that I don't know anyone who forgets what happens....They usually remember it their whole lives. Suppose its just a 'version' of events being recalled though, dreamlike. There again, all memories are. It does distort your sense of time and space (at the time obviously) however....what is really just 5 mins can seem like an eternity etc. Might depend upon how many you take too, we just washed them then scrunched a big clump of around 200 together and necked em. *urgh*

Actually, just looked on wiki and apparently there are a few kinds which are very potent in the US, in the Pacific Northwest apparently......wouldn't know about them.

@Rakov, aye tell me about it lol. I was out of my box on all sorts (not psychedelics though) for over 2 years after a break up with a long term partner in my late twenties. An awful time really, and I made myself very ill.....but I'm still here and thankfully well. thumbsup Long finished with all that rubbish, been there and got the T shirt. 'My lifes a natural high, the man can't put no thing on me' *sing it Curtis M*.

Choose life. yep

Sir Winston Churchill
#3554230 - 04/11/12 05:52 AM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Wow..i missed the whole mushy thread !

My trip was similar to the above, ridiculous laughter at a stereo that was just off the station so we had a an..th..is..kin..a..ee..lo.. sort of thing going on . I ended up pitching it onto the lounge because it was starting to get into my head a bit much. We played cards while we waited for the effects to come on and then ..well it just sort of happens doesnt it. I vividly remember everything being the same but different. Looking up at the roof and realising how absolutely far away and impossible it was to get too, but yet how so tantalizingly close..if only it wasnt light years away.

Everytime i closed my eyes for more than a few seconds this dog would bark so loud i thought it was on my chest, of course there was no dog. Like Biggles said, the day is very vivid and easily reachable in my memory.One of my mates had a bad one and we had to get his girlfriend to rescue him..Iron Maiden demons are what he remembers the most, but he did overindulge like a fool. I took the least and still went for nearly the whole day.

At one stage we walked down to a large park because i had to get out and see some world.The sky and trees were so wickedly bright and real , even the light rain that came down later was amazingly fresh and different.By the end of the day i was on the phone to my dad and feeling somewhat dark.

Strange ...strange day.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3554326 - 04/11/12 01:52 PM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
JoeyJoJo Offline
Wurkin' man
JoeyJoJo  Offline
Wurkin' man
Hotshot

Colorado high-country
...And that's why you go camping - away from people, when on mushrooms lol

#3554390 - 04/11/12 03:27 PM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Desert Eagle]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3554459 - 04/11/12 04:59 PM Re: Man high on mushrooms sentenced for 'stupidity' [Re: Kontakt5]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted By: Kontakt5

I can't watch a commercial for any legitimate pharmaceuticals created over years and years, used for life saving purposes without hearing a nightmarish list of possible side effects.
...but a mushroom growing through cow #%&*$#, all possibilities are boiled down to just 2 effects?
I think not.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.