Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3530722 - 03/02/12 08:09 PM Enhancement wish list  
AV8R Offline
AV8R  Offline

Southern California USA

Ive been playing SBPro for a while now, which has driven what Id like to see enhance this sim, they are:

* User customizable and unique tank skins for online play (helps with player ID, can be user or host enabled/disabled)
* The M1A2 (for obvious reasons)
* TrackIR support for player view control (optional instead of using stick controller)
* Map view exportable to a secondary monitor (without having to have a second key)
* User configurable axis to controller GUI (TM WartHog split throttle control of the tank tracks, or rudder control; stick to control turret)

Any chance of getting these, or a timeframe if they are being worked?
Best Regards,

S!

AV8R
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3531235 - 03/03/12 11:28 AM Re: Enhancement wish list [Re: AV8R]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Originally Posted By: AV8R
* Map view exportable to a secondary monitor (without having to have a second key)

Start a second instance of SB Pro PE on the same computer, and set up a network session with yourself. Have both instances run in windowed mode. You won't need a second license for that.
smile

Visit the home of Steel Beasts!
...the ultimate armor sim...
#3545368 - 03/26/12 02:00 PM Re: Enhancement wish list [Re: AV8R]  
Ronin_GE Offline
Ronin_GE  Offline

The individual skin feature in all of the various content wish-lists I've seen so far :-)

I wouldn't go so far as to have ind. "skin"(if every vehicle had different cammo, it would look like a circus and not like a platoon/company) , but the tactical markings on the vehicles would be great.

nec cupias, nec metuas

official steelbeasts website
www.steelbeasts.com
Panzerbataillon 911(v) Webseite
www.steelbeasts.org
#3545734 - 03/27/12 12:37 AM Re: Enhancement wish list [Re: AV8R]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Originally Posted By: AV8R

* TrackIR support for player view control (optional instead of using stick controller)
* User configurable axis to controller GUI (TM WartHog split throttle control of the tank tracks, or rudder control; stick to control turret)

TrackIR is rather low on our priority list. Here's why:
It appears to me that it would be useful primarily in the vehicle commander's position while unbuttoned. Granted, if you do play the role of the vehicle commander, chances are that you will spend a substantial amount of time in this position. Still, it appears as a very limited application. It's different in a racing car or in a fighter plane. Here the player is glued to one very specific cockpit position, with both instruments and adversary positions to check continuously while maneuvering the vehicle. Here it absolutely makes sense to support TrackIR. Also in a first person shooter, I can imagine that it has its place. But Steel Beasts Pro has only a very rudimentary driver's position which, I assume, is hardly ever used, and there is no first person shooter mode - at least not while you move.

The second request - well, it was a deliberate decision that the player may control the vehicle only in a limited way from any non-driver's place position, simply because reality is even worse. The turret crew can direct the driver only through talking. In SB Pro it is already simplified that the reaction time of the driver is near zero. If at all, we should make things even worse, with at least half a second delay between command an execution. wink

#3545735 - 03/27/12 12:38 AM Re: Enhancement wish list [Re: AV8R]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
As for the rest, things look better. There's a fair chance that you will see some of the requested features in a not too distant future.

#3545970 - 03/27/12 02:49 PM Re: Enhancement wish list [Re: AV8R]  
Squid_DK Offline
Jack of all trades
Squid_DK  Offline
Jack of all trades

Copenhagen, Denmark
Did I just read that as a might get to see a playable M-1A2 Ssnake? crew

Fun thing is, I would just like some individual vehicle numbers, that is about the one variable in painting on vehicles, at least all the Leo's here in Denmark are alike regarding the scheme applied.

Staffan

I've been behind before and still managed to loose
#3567106 - 05/04/12 07:25 AM Re: Enhancement wish list [Re: AV8R]  
Toastman Offline
Toastman  Offline

UK
Hi Guys ,

I would love to see proper shadows implemented ,and also an M1a2 , Merkava III / IV etc.

But in the long term , a proper dynamic campaign with crew / vehicle/ platoon management like M1TP2 from the "good 'ol days"

But shadows remain my major short term wish .

Keep up the good work Snake.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.